Trump: Reading this thread costs a $1 a minute now.

General discussion, shows, and everything else.

Postby Lobsterdog » Tue Nov 22, 2016 6:01 pm

The other politics thread is trash.

This thread is just for chronicling and discussing actual news and happenings.

A quick refresher course: we're 2 weeks into this asshole being named President-Elect and already:

- bannon (neo nazi), sessions (hates black people), flynn (hates muslims) all nominated for cabinet positions

- ivanka being in state meetings, her husband getting security clearance, any of the kids getting security clearance for that matter, kids are on the transition team

- no press conference but lots of tweets

- talking to world leaders with no briefings, talking to world leaders on unsecured phone lines

- not putting the businesses into trusts

- shilling his hotel for diplomats to stay at

- asking heads of state (more than one!) to smooth out business problems for him on official state calls (Trump Tower in Buenos Aires)

- said he doesn't care about prosecuting Clinton after all

- attacked the 1st amendment over Mike Pence being booed at Hamilton

- at least 200, possibly as many as 700, incidents of hate speech vandalism or violence literally invoking or involving his name, which received a "stop it" and a half assed disavowal of a white nationalist conference

- kellyanne conway telling harry reid he should be "very carefully, legally" what he says about Trump

- appointed Myron Ebell (climate change denier) to lead the EPA "transition team"

What else did I miss? Its gonna be a hell of a 4 years or however long we all last before he gets everyone killed
Last edited by Lobsterdog on Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:39 pm, edited 19 times in total.
Lobsterdog
Lobsterdog 2: Son of Lobsterdog

Postby Roofies Pizza » Tue Nov 22, 2016 6:03 pm

At least he's not gonna prosecute Hillary.

C'mon, lets focus on the positive! We're all on this burning plane together!
Roofies Pizza
antifa superfan

Postby Savagist » Tue Nov 22, 2016 6:05 pm

Trump foundation admitted self dealings to the IRS.
Settlement of a fraud lawsuit for $25M.
Savagist

Postby Stoner Witch » Tue Nov 22, 2016 6:07 pm

i am secretly trying to convince one of my coworkers in london to leave in the next year so that i can take his spot and gtfo of here. i'm only 50% kidding.
Stoner Witch
THWUMP

Postby CareyP » Tue Nov 22, 2016 6:16 pm

- Trump went to Rudy Giuliani's house last week for another SOS meeting.

Also -
- "Jeffrey Eisenach, who joined Trump's transition team in October, and Mark Jamison, a former lobbyist for Sprint, were named Monday as a member of the "Agency Landing" team focusing on the FCC.

Both advisers opposed Net neutrality in the past. Net neutrality "is not about protecting consumers from rapacious Internet Service Providers ... Net neutrality is crony capitalism pure and simple – an effort by one group of private interests to enrich itself at the expense of another group by using the power of the state," wrote Eisenach in a 2014 article on the web site of the American Enterprise Institute, a free enterprise think tank where Eisenach was a visiting scholar from 2012 to 2016."

Keep an eye out for external hard drive deals on Friday/Cyber Monday.
Spoiler: show
CareyP

Postby blackhawks#1 » Tue Nov 22, 2016 6:27 pm

posting
blackhawks#1
HELL YES

Postby krujones » Tue Nov 22, 2016 6:34 pm

Don't forget he just offered HuD to Ben Carson. Gotta get the ONE black man you know to be in charge of urban development
krujones
BIG WANG THEORY

Postby spsp » Tue Nov 22, 2016 6:36 pm

i thought ben carson already said he wasn't going to take a cabinet position?
spsp

Postby taylorm » Tue Nov 22, 2016 6:36 pm

I feel like Trump's divvying up different cabinets probably consists of his aides making suggestions and him saying "sounds good" a lot.
taylorm
¡yo quiero del taco!

Postby blackhawks#1 » Tue Nov 22, 2016 6:43 pm

i posted this in p2p earlier, but he seriously told the nyt that he thinks ivanka's husband (real estate heir with no experience with diplomacy) can forge peace between israel and palestine :smt005 :smt005 :smt005
blackhawks#1
HELL YES

Postby Jake D » Tue Nov 22, 2016 7:36 pm

Every day, I listen to the radio and read the news and I still can't help but think "I don't believe it." and yet, here we all are.
Jake D

Postby dogdicksummer2 » Tue Nov 22, 2016 7:45 pm

Trumpdog registered 8 companies in Saudi Arabia since his campaign started.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing- ... udi-arabia

Reportedly questioned Argentina Prez about slow development on a project.

http://thehill.com/policy/finance/30705 ... phone-call

ITT: liberal bubble; I agree! Now with more tweet responses and smilies!
dogdicksummer2

Postby captainsunshine » Tue Nov 22, 2016 7:47 pm

blackhawks#1 wrote:i posted this in p2p earlier, but he seriously told the nyt that he thinks ivanka's husband (real estate heir with no experience with diplomacy) can forge peace between israel and palestine :smt005 :smt005 :smt005

"He's a swell kid"
captainsunshine
Frasier Superfan

Postby blackhawks#1 » Tue Nov 22, 2016 7:52 pm

:smt001 :smt001 :smt001 :smt001 :smt001
blackhawks#1
HELL YES

Postby Stoner Witch » Tue Nov 22, 2016 7:54 pm

Jake D wrote:Every day, I listen to the radio and read the news and I still can't help but think "I don't believe it." and yet, here we all are.

Yeah, I'm honestly kinda worried that lots of rational and progressive people will turn to apathy and stop taking ANY interest in our nation's politics. It's hard to stay motivated to participate in the discourse of your government when it's most prominent and vocal figures are LUDICROUS people. Obviously there are still some literate people in both the legislature and judiciary, but the aggregate reading level of the executive branch being about 6th grade isn't going to give fair-weather citizens a lot of desire to participate in our democracy I fear. Maybe it will have the opposite effect, but I certainly am not hurrying to my inbox to read the latest WSJ and NYT digests about what inane and embarrassing shit our leaders are doing now. I may honestly filter out most domestic political shit if it continues to crush my spirit like it's doing. I mostly focus on the financial and international news anyway, so this may make me turn an even more blind eye to my own country's day-to-day news. I probably already sound like an apathetic chode, but when we all decided to stop consuming raw news and only read our filtered "news" it made it exceedingly easy to just ignore the shit that is upsetting, the same way you'd remove a show from your Netflix queue that didn't spark your interest after episode 2.

Edit: I was mostly trying to illustrate my fear. I'm not actively ignoring domestic news. I just am worried about how easy and natural it will be for people who used to care about it to do so.
Stoner Witch
THWUMP

Postby dogdicksummer2 » Tue Nov 22, 2016 8:12 pm

If anything, this shitstorm should inspire more people to get involved.
dogdicksummer2

Postby Pat » Tue Nov 22, 2016 8:27 pm

dogdicksummer2 wrote:If anything, this shitstorm should inspire more people to get involved.

it will, but then they'll get involved with someone of an actual leftist persuasion and they'll peace right the fuck out of the conversation.
Pat
attention whore

Postby dogdicksummer2 » Tue Nov 22, 2016 8:32 pm

Pat wrote:
dogdicksummer2 wrote:If anything, this shitstorm should inspire more people to get involved.

it will, but then they'll get involved with someone of an actual leftist persuasion and they'll peace right the fuck out of the conversation.

The ironing is delicious.
dogdicksummer2

Postby TheyWalkedInLine » Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:14 pm

Trump is considering JERRY FALWELL JR as secretary of education.
TheyWalkedInLine

Postby TheyWalkedInLine » Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 pm

TheyWalkedInLine

Postby Stoner Witch » Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:21 pm

TheyWalkedInLine wrote:Trump is considering JERRY FALWELL JR as secretary of education.

see, this is the type of headline i'm talking about. how can you see that and not think "i'm in a dark science fiction story about nazi-america" (like man in the high castle etc.). like he is so bad that it barely registers in the cognitive portion of my brain. like i fucking hate reagen, but i am not sure if i would have been in such an utter state of disbelief about his racist shenanigans and cold-war clown car bullshit if i was an adult then. trump is just a straight up, egregious embarrassment to our country and our species. i am not sure if i can handle 4 years of this bullshit without turning to hard drugs. like i already hate the world alot, i don't know how it can sink any lower, but it keeps happening.
Stoner Witch
THWUMP

Postby CareyP » Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:32 pm

Education analysts are going to have to add a "Raised in the Trump Wasteland" category to future achievement gap studies.
CareyP

Postby Spider Jerusalem » Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:44 pm

turkitron wrote:At first I was like, okay he has a JD from UVA, and is the president of a university. Then I read that his dad started the university he's president of.

Trump is a grade-A asshole.

Liberty university is more a prison than a college. you can get expelled for smoking cigarettes there(happened to a friend of mine, they told her it violated their drug policy). you also can't have people of the opposite sex in your dorm building. that place is insane.
Spider Jerusalem

Postby Lobsterdog » Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:58 pm

dogdicksummer2 wrote:Trumpdog registered 8 companies in Saudi Arabia since his campaign started.

the real bubble is with the know-nothing hillbillies that got us into this mess in the first place.
Lobsterdog
Lobsterdog 2: Son of Lobsterdog

Postby macho insecurity » Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:00 pm

Give him a chance guys!!!! We need to stand together and support him. Through love he'll change.
macho insecurity
sucked his dad's dick for free

Postby macho insecurity » Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:05 pm

TheyWalkedInLine wrote:Trump is considering JERRY FALWELL JR as secretary of education.

Like, how can you top this shit sundae any more? This is an example.
macho insecurity
sucked his dad's dick for free

Postby PooGhost » Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:07 pm

dogdicksummer2 wrote:Trumpdog registered 8 companies in Saudi Arabia since his campaign started.

His daughter was on the call with the Argentinian president and went to the meeting with the Japanese Prime Minister. She also plugged her 10k bracelet and a Macy's link to the dress she wore on 60 Minutes. I would say that I doubt his family can keep this up for 4 years but I doubted he'd win so I'm done trying to predict him.
PooGhost

Postby Smashedbox 20 » Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:28 pm

i legitimately think his cabinet of psychopaths are going to be infighting by this time next year.
Smashedbox 20

Postby Savagist » Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:41 pm

This is fun too.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/11/22/politics/ ... index.html

The group informed John Podesta, Clinton's campaign chairman, and Marc Elias, the campaign's general counsel, that Clinton received 7% fewer votes in counties that relied on electronic voting machines, which the group said could have been hacked.
Savagist

Postby Shaggy X Age » Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:54 pm

Article about Ivanka and his youngest son staying in NYC and costing the city more then a million dollars a day, over 1.4 billion over 4 years is just straight up insane

http://m.dailykos.com/stories/2016/11/2 ... l=facebook
Shaggy X Age

Postby TheThrillHouse » Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:57 pm

This dumpster country is getting what it deserves. Half of these people are too stupid to even realize they are Nazis and don't understand conflict of interest.
TheThrillHouse

Postby dogdicksummer2 » Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:50 pm

Lobsterdog wrote:

the real bubble is with the know-nothing hillbillies that got us into this mess in the first place.

I get trashed by Midwestern liberals on this board for stating how blue states are better places to live and trashed by blue state liberals who can't comprehend how the working class whites of the rust belt who voted for Obama decided to throw their chips all in on Trump.

You can't win. Reciting headlines of Trump's maleficence and utter inept ability to be a President doesn't change that. If everything we assembled during the campaign that made him the joke he was didn't work, post election headlines and investigations aren't going to change that.

A portion of this country said fuck it. They aren't all racists. They said we were abandoned by both parties and this guy is hated by everyone. All chips in.

Was it misguided? Yes. But the same people blaming the left and Bernie are the same people who said fuck those states (the blue wall). Now every liberal should be out organizing and creating a new Democratic party but that remains to be seen.

But I guess this isn't that type of thread so LOL Trump considered Linda McMahon for secretary of commerce! (Source: UK tabloid)
Last edited by dogdicksummer2 on Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dogdicksummer2

Postby TheThrillHouse » Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:55 pm

Nope, sorry. Those people knew exactly what they were voting for, thier vote is a personal endorsement of that candidate. He is scum and they are scum by association, stop trying to find good in these people, they are all racists.
TheThrillHouse

Postby dogdicksummer2 » Wed Nov 23, 2016 12:08 am

Listen to interviews with people in those states. They had nothing to lose. They didn't give a shit about minorities to begin with. They had a comfy home in the pro-union working class Democratic party until they sold them out.

Trump admitted today in his NYT interview that they saw this and capitalized.

Trump is a fucking troglodyte but serious conversations to rebuild the left and the Democratic party are sidelined so we can call people hillbillies and racists.

I guess that's why we have two political threads now when almost everyone on this board agrees 99% of the time.
dogdicksummer2

Postby Stoner Witch » Wed Nov 23, 2016 12:10 am

So like, I get where dogdick is coming from, but I also can't believe they thought it was a good idea to give him a red legislature. I honestly am not super terrified of his domestic policies (yet), what I am afraid of, and what is fundamentally unforgivable (to me) about trump voters, is the fucking infantile way he is going to deal with the leaders of the countries THAT MAKE FUCKING EVERYTHING THAT WE NEED TO SURVIVE. Like we literally just elected a dude who openly disses China like they fucked his ex in highschool. If you are not terrified of Chinese state sponsored hacking, you either have zero understanding about how information and computers work, or zero understanding about China. This isn't directed at you, dogdick, I'm just saying that I don't forgive trump voters for that. Like I am so much more afraid of terrorism now than I was when I thought Hilary was gonna win. Cyber terrorism is way more fucking scary than nerd virgins with shitty home made C4 socks on the subway.
Stoner Witch
THWUMP

Postby TheThrillHouse » Wed Nov 23, 2016 12:38 am

Chinese hacking is absolutely insane and I'm with you there. Let's not forget Russia had a hand in our election, that's also pretty scary.
TheThrillHouse

Postby dogdicksummer2 » Wed Nov 23, 2016 12:47 am

Don't have to tell me. I PM'd op about hackers when he was citing Glenn Greenwald that this is just rehashed cold war rhetoric.

Matter of fact, I've PM'd a few people in this thread but never heard back. Meanwhile those same people were the ones attacking other posters who spent time conveying thoughts that were shut down immediately for length or just petty contention.
dogdicksummer2

Postby Stoner Witch » Wed Nov 23, 2016 12:57 am

Yeah I'm sorry. These threads tend to devolve rather quickly, which is why I tend to stay out of them. I wish to be in neither a screaming room nor an echo chamber. It's hard to find a nice place for civil discourse these days.
Stoner Witch
THWUMP

Postby hard candy » Wed Nov 23, 2016 12:59 am

I've always wanted to get that Trump board game just out of morbid curiosity. I wonder if the price on those has gone up really crazy high, or maybe they'll plummet. I'd google it but I just don't feel like visiting google.com at the moment.
hard candy
Punched The Klown

Postby dogdicksummer2 » Wed Nov 23, 2016 1:06 am

It'll sure be fun watching this goof handle India and Pakistan keeping this back and forth slow burn killing of eachothers citizens.

I'm out though. Take care.
dogdicksummer2

Postby hard candy » Wed Nov 23, 2016 1:11 am

Trump ties were made from cheap Chinese cotton.
hard candy
Punched The Klown

Postby PiranhaSauna » Wed Nov 23, 2016 2:50 am

Trump was so intent on the competitive aspect of winning a presidency. God damn I hope he can figure out what to do now that he's done the deed.
PiranhaSauna
doesn't understand the Bill of Rights

Postby hard candy » Wed Nov 23, 2016 3:06 am

Trump was successful enough selling overpriced steaks on Sharper Image for almost two months, I think he can figure out this whole presidenting thing.
hard candy
Punched The Klown

Postby ASunThatNeverSets » Wed Nov 23, 2016 3:51 am

Spoiler: show

I will never understand how this wasn't the end of it.
ASunThatNeverSets

Postby krujones » Wed Nov 23, 2016 5:50 am

dogdicksummer2 wrote:Listen to interviews with people in those states. They had nothing to lose. They didn't give a shit about minorities to begin with. They had a comfy home in the pro-union working class Democratic party until they sold them out.

Trump admitted today in his NYT interview that they saw this and capitalized.

Trump is a fucking troglodyte but serious conversations to rebuild the left and the Democratic party are sidelined so we can call people hillbillies and racists.

I guess that's why we have two political threads now when almost everyone on this board agrees 99% of the time.

I get where you are coming from but Mike even said this is just a thread to discuss news regarding this shit show not to debate political philosophy or rebuilding strategy. That doesn't make us stupid or mean we are living in a bubble.
krujones
BIG WANG THEORY

Postby midnightmass » Wed Nov 23, 2016 6:21 am

this is a safe space
midnightmass

Postby Pick Dole » Wed Nov 23, 2016 6:59 am

posting to see people argue over whether racists are racist or not
Pick Dole

Postby 198d__ » Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:42 am

If you live on a coast and don't work in manufacturing, please don't comment on shit you know nothing about. It's no surprise Lobsterdog carries this snobby ass sentiment. Have you ever even tasted what these people are going through? Believe it or not, we aren't all racist hicks who hate brown people. I'm fucking middle eastern and a large portion of my fellow workforce is black and Latinx. People like poster Lobsterdog are why the left won't accomplish shit. People won't listen to your socially progressive viewpoints if they can smell your judgement/assumptions from 600 miles away.
198d__
Marxist Cosplayer

Postby spsp » Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:51 am

I haven't seen people on the left not listening to the people you describe. In fact, they're the most critical of liberals for being the ones not listening in the first place Take the DNC and Clintons loss for example.
spsp

Postby 198d__ » Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:52 am

If you want the "dumb hillbilly" in Tennessee to develop empathy for other marginalized groups, maybe the left shouldn't outwardly call them dumb hillbillies. Has this approach EVER worked? Does it propel marginalized groups to simply cast judgement on the ignorant? These people come from areas of the country where wages are stagnant, and education is lacking. You have to solve problem A before you solve problem B. It's no surprise you see progressive viewpoints on the coasts where the quality of education and income are top notch (relatively speaking.)
198d__
Marxist Cosplayer

Next