Skateboarding

General discussion, shows, and everything else.

Postby runa » Wed Oct 21, 2009 6:24 pm

www.organicanagram.com

Talk about skateboarding.
Last edited by runa on Fri May 23, 2014 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
runa

Postby on the outside. » Wed Oct 21, 2009 6:29 pm

Favorite thing in the world.
on the outside.

Postby Lostsurf24 » Wed Oct 21, 2009 6:30 pm

I miss running a shop with my buddy and skating inside of it...:( I went in to buy some shit when I was 15. Wanted to fuck the girl who ran the place so bad. I hit on her so bad she figured if I could sell my dick I could hawk boards. She hired me that day and changed my life. Though she never touched me ha

Best job I ever had!

My only real claim to fame was getting to take the shortys team around boston when they were filming guilty. If you look close at sammys first trick BSKFTS you can spot me and I think I ended up in the thrasher that month at the same place. Fuck those were the days. Dudes LOOOOVE weed
Last edited by Lostsurf24 on Wed Oct 21, 2009 6:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Lostsurf24

Postby Dr. Floyd PHD » Wed Oct 21, 2009 6:33 pm

For some badass shit peep this local shop
http://www.raskate.com/raskate09/media.html
Dr. Floyd PHD
Higher Than Quidditch

Postby andydansby » Wed Oct 21, 2009 6:38 pm

haven't skated in years but i still watch more skate videos than anything.

still get ccs from middle school
andydansby
RIP DJ SCREW

Postby dirtbomb. » Wed Oct 21, 2009 6:38 pm

On The Outside hc wrote:Favorite thing in the world.
dirtbomb.

Postby Fleas » Wed Oct 21, 2009 6:40 pm

everytime i (die) am driving to the skate park i always get that...FUCK DRIVING I JUST WANT TO TELEPORT! feeling then i get super excited that i am going to the skate park
Fleas

Postby Mattmtl. » Wed Oct 21, 2009 6:47 pm

i've been skateboarding since i'm 10. my father used to, my cousin did, so i learned fast. i'm not skating as much as i did before of course, and i never really wanted to go pro or whatever. lots of my friend are now skating pro for skateshop and major companies. i'm still the one not able to do shit haha. but i do love driving to a skatepark. specially when theres nobody hanging out/fucking shit up in a skatepark. i hate those. when i was their age, i use to skate. not pretending i was.
skateboarding almost ruined my life haha my ankles/knees are fucked. i still have scars from falling. i still skateboard from time to time.
Mattmtl.

Postby esediego » Wed Oct 21, 2009 6:47 pm

First love. Didn't start meeting real friends till I started skating.
First video part that got me super stoked. Pappalardo rules:
Last edited by esediego on Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
esediego

Postby 31DaysofRain » Wed Oct 21, 2009 6:48 pm

Who's that skater who makes up loads of crazy flip tricks that I've never heard of, despite years of dedicated playing Tony Hawk's games. I'm nothing more than a casual fan but I was trying to tell my friend who's actually interested about this guy and couldn't remember his name. Someone posted a video of him a few weeks back.
31DaysofRain

Postby BobbyxBrother » Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:42 pm

XtrustX wrote:Who's that skater who makes up loads of crazy flip tricks that I've never heard of, despite years of dedicated playing Tony Hawk's games. I'm nothing more than a casual fan but I was trying to tell my friend who's actually interested about this guy and couldn't remember his name. Someone posted a video of him a few weeks back.

Rodney Mullen?

If not, you're talking to your friend about the wrong guy.
BobbyxBrother

Postby dirtbomb. » Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:03 pm

XtrustX wrote:Who's that skater who makes up loads of crazy flip tricks that I've never heard of, despite years of dedicated playing Tony Hawk's games. I'm nothing more than a casual fan but I was trying to tell my friend who's actually interested about this guy and couldn't remember his name. Someone posted a video of him a few weeks back.
i think youre talking about jimmy carlin
dirtbomb.

Postby Olerud » Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:05 pm

Pappalardo is smoooooth.

Mike Mo gets me pumped as hell and I don't even skate. Probably my favorite part of any skate vid I've seen:

Olerud

Postby xcrament610 » Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:07 pm

the DVS skate and create was posted on their site today. watch it. get psyched

and yeah Mike Mo is one of the best in the game right now. def gets me psyched
xcrament610

Postby TBONE » Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:08 pm

My skateboard is the only thing I trust.

Been skating 21+ years now everyday any chance I get and never leave home without my board. I'll continue to break bones, undergo surgeries and borderline cripple myself until I'm old, grey and in a wheelchair...if I ever even make it to then.

SKATE TILL DEATH!
TBONE

Postby veganyummies » Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:10 pm

been about 6/7 year on and off and still on it.
faceplanted coming out of a disaster on a bowl today. my poor head
veganyummies

Postby timxservo » Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:12 pm

I skate when I can. It's nice having a park that's 2 minutes from work even if it is a little bit crappy. I don't mean plastic ramp crappy, I mean poorly designed. Skating with my little brother is one of my favorite things to do even if he has far surpassed me.
timxservo

Postby RadAlarm » Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:15 pm

I will never not be a skateboarder. even when I can't walk. if I don't have nanomachines in my joints when I'm like 90 you'll see me buttboardin around like oggie de souza.

it's the main reason I can think of to continue living. to see where skateboarding will take me next. there is nothing better, or cooler.
skateboarding is even cooler than DMT, which is the best drug ever.
better than weed, sex, and shrooms and acid and food and everything else.

skateboarding is my religion.
RadAlarm

Postby 3xCloud » Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:17 pm

Rodney Mullen :smt007
3xCloud

Postby whobangin' » Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:17 pm

Pharmacy all day
whobangin'

Postby dirtbomb. » Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:19 pm

3xCloud wrote:Rodney Mullen :smt007
:smt011
dirtbomb.

Postby RadAlarm » Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:20 pm

Olerud wrote:Pappalardo is smoooooth.

Mike Mo gets me pumped as hell and I don't even skate. Probably my favorite part of any skate vid I've seen:

that being your favorite part tells me that you don't skate. no offense. just sayin.

here's what gets me stoked:

and for something more recent:

RadAlarm

Postby Travis. » Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:27 pm

Lostsurf24 wrote:My only real claim to fame was getting to take the shortys team around boston when they were filming guilty. If you look close at sammys first trick BSKFTS you can spot me and I think I ended up in the thrasher that month at the same place. Fuck those were the days. Dudes LOOOOVE weed

Guilty was a bad video.

Oddly enough, Sammy Baptista was found GUILTY of manslaughter.
Travis.

Postby ride deluxe » Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:29 pm

always hyped on skateboarding.
ride deluxe
wreckin decks gettin sex

Postby ride deluxe » Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:29 pm

always hyped on skateboarding.
ride deluxe
wreckin decks gettin sex

Postby icursetheday » Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:29 pm

i love skating but my trick repetoir is currently at zero. i just like to skate
icursetheday

Postby ride deluxe » Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:33 pm

Travis. wrote:
Lostsurf24 wrote:My only real claim to fame was getting to take the shortys team around boston when they were filming guilty. If you look close at sammys first trick BSKFTS you can spot me and I think I ended up in the thrasher that month at the same place. Fuck those were the days. Dudes LOOOOVE weed

Guilty was a bad video.

Oddly enough, Sammy Baptista was found GUILTY of manslaughter.

yeah guility was so bad. but that's awesome man! too bad that spots been knobbed to the grave. also that muska bs nose across from fanuel hall?! i go up to that beast every time i walk through there just to look down.
ride deluxe
wreckin decks gettin sex

Postby TBONE » Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:39 pm

RadAlarm wrote:I will never not be a skateboarder. even when I can't walk. if I don't have nanomachines in my joints when I'm like 90 you'll see me buttboardin around like oggie de souza.

it's the main reason I can think of to continue living. to see where skateboarding will take me next. there is nothing better, or more dope.
skateboarding is even more dope than DMT, which is the best drug ever.
better than weed, sex, and shrooms and acid and food and everything else.

skateboarding is my religion.

This post= LIFE!

I've had this uncontrollable problem where everywhere I go no matter indoors or out , I can't help but look at objects or places and deem them skateable or not. I'll honestly sit there and elvaluate the sceneraio and the possibility of tricks I could lay down on said spot. It's like a fucked up sixth sense and am like a kid in a fucking candy store who wants everything in sight when I see a sick spot and it def weirds people out I hang around with as they have no clue what I'm staring at and spacing out at hah! Riding the bus in foreign cities is the worst when I go by a spot that looks like it could be torn up/FML!...
TBONE

Postby runa » Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:48 pm

TBONE wrote:
I've had this uncontrollable problem where everywhere I go no matter indoors or out , I can't help but look at objects or places and deem them skateable or not. I'll honestly sit there and elvaluate the sceneraio and the possibility of tricks I could lay down on said spot.

Exactly, exactly. When I'm walking with my girlfriend, she is like "why did you stop?" or "why are you looking there?!"
You evaluate the town in a totally different way. Those are not static buildings, those are possibilities for your enjoyment.

http://www.elephont.com/1.html

People into the Alien Workshop imagery, that's Don Pendletton's website, with stuff he did while he worked there.
runa

Postby DevinSB » Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:56 pm

EseDiego wrote:First love. Didn't start meeting real friends till I started skating.
First video part that got me super stoked. Pappalardo rules:

It's been nearly 8 years for me. I still try to skate pretty much daily, even if I'm not as good as I used to be. Mostly just hit the skatepark, skate hips, boxes, flat bars, step up/euro gaps. This video part still gets me so stoked. Transworld videos have always been my favorite, on my old computer I had nearly all of their videos. Transworld Anthology and I.E. were the first videos I owned. Anthony Pappalardo is still one of my favorite skaters. His part in Fully Flared isn't as crazy as his previous parts but I love it, skates super fast, the music is bad brains. He's on converse now, which is pretty cool. He also helped to release a photo book about hardcore last year. Guy is fucking awesome.
DevinSB

Postby Gutierrez, A » Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:01 am

my first true love. always have a board in the car, or with me wherever i go. I don't skate as much as I used to but i still fucking love it
Gutierrez, A

Postby DevinSB » Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:02 am

RadAlarm wrote:
Olerud wrote:Pappalardo is smoooooth.

that being your favorite part tells me that you don't skate. no offense. just sayin.

here's what gets me stoked:

Dennis Bussenitz's diagonal part is the most impressive video part of this year to me. I have extremely sorry downloaded, haven't had a chance to watch anything for than the first 2 minutes. Shane Cross nosegrinds el toro 1st try which is amazing. But Dennis skates sooo fucking fast, and his switch 360 flips are amazing
DevinSB

Postby Preck. » Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:06 am

fuckk watching buesnitz skate is awesome, so fast it's ridiculous.
he'll have like gnarly 3 trick lines where he dosn't even push in between.

i love skateboarding, hopefully i can move somewhere soon where it dosn't snow.
Preck.

Postby cool_beans » Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:09 am

Boy do I miss it, I usually really enjoy skating parks in the fall but I haven't because I am rusty and it is colder than usual.
cool_beans

Postby DevinSB » Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:10 am

I do not understand how he can just do any trick going that fast. I only wish I skated that fast. Even when he plays games of skate he goes fucking fast.
DevinSB

Postby TBONE » Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:14 am

runa wrote:
TBONE wrote:
I've had this uncontrollable problem where everywhere I go no matter indoors or out , I can't help but look at objects or places and deem them skateable or not. I'll honestly sit there and elvaluate the sceneraio and the possibility of tricks I could lay down on said spot.

Exactly, exactly. When I'm walking with my girlfriend, she is like "why did you stop?" or "why are you looking there?!"

haha I've def been in that scenario many times before and those exact words were dropped hah!
TBONE

Postby kkoz » Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:24 am

I just ride a giant 8" width board and slash around and try to ollie shit. Having fun is where its at.
kkoz

Postby DevinSB » Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:27 am

kkoz wrote:I just ride a giant 8" width board and slash around and try to ollie shit. Having fun is where its at.

8's aren't huge! thats all I skate! Put pushing around for miles ollieing little stuff and bombing hills is easily my favorite thing to do. Chattanooga has so many nice hills, a lot of I am terrified of my sexuality like architecture, and it's fairly small. It's easily one of the funnest cities to just push around for hours in.
DevinSB

Postby dirtbomb. » Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:38 am

just set up my new black label that i won at the video premiere, syked to skate a new board and not a soggy piece of shit.
dirtbomb.

Postby Lil Meatsauce » Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:45 am

Everything I view as "cool" was introduced to me through skating.
Lil Meatsauce

Postby whatalexasad » Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:15 am

I've been skateboarding on and off for like the last 8-9 years. I've had some of the best times of my life being on my skateboard. There use to be a skatepark here called The PIT Skatepark, it's been out of business for a while now but that skatepark and the guys who worked there help me become the person I am today. I use to be there everyday, those were the best days, all that mattered then was skateboarding. I met some awesome friends there that helped motivate me to be a better skateboarder, they were "local heroes" that were super good, so it made me want to be better. Our crew filmed videos that people actually wanted to buy so we made some pretty goof money on those. Then I got a job at a skateshop here and that was the best job I ever had, just a super chill skateshop. I use to sit there watching skate videos all the time or I was outside skating a flat bar and the ledge. I lost that job for shopping at zumiez and not going to clean the outdoor skatepark everyday even when I didn't work, I didn't even know I had to considering the park was owned by the park district and not the skateshop, but oh well I kept on skateboarding until all my injuries caught up with me so I had to stop for a while but now I still skate whenever I can and I still watch skate videos all the time, the new flip video extremely sorry was amazing and theberrics.com is always entertaining posting new videos everyday.

Skateboarding will always be my first real love. Through sprains, breaks, and surgeries it is still always a good time.
whatalexasad

Postby Roughan. » Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:24 am

been skating around school lately and got most of my tricks back even if they were just the basics. I love it though. Been watching a lot of Keenan videos lately, dude always killed it. rip.
Roughan.
Dumber than a Canadian

Postby ChiefSmokesOnBlunts » Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:31 am

skating is the best thing that has ever happened to me
ChiefSmokesOnBlunts

Postby ryanhallowedgrey » Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:40 am

Been skating 12 years now! I took a two year gap and it was possibly the worst time in my life, got heavily involved in silly drugs and shit. These days I'm pretty chill with it all.

http://getyourbronon.blogspot.com

They're the kids I skate with on the regs.

A little edit from a couple of weeks ago.

http://vimeo.com/7027500
ryanhallowedgrey

Postby xlipsx » Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:50 am

runa wrote:Anybody still syked about it?
I've started skateboarding 10 years ago, nowadays I don't skate that much because I've broken my foot twice (and my elbow and head, but that doesn't restrict me) and there are so many things that I've been influenced by skateboarding. From the graphics in there, to the music in the videos, to the friends I've made, it's awesome.

Feel free to share the joy.
\

you broke yr head? I've been skateboarding the maojority of my life but started taking skateboarding kinda somewhat seriously in 1999 I think. I finally stopped my junior year in hs. Although I recently started up again. I've never been able to be 100% consistant with it so I don't really take it serious at all anymore.
xlipsx

Postby fucktrees69 » Thu Oct 22, 2009 2:23 am

stereo era ethan fowler.
nothin compares
fucktrees69

Postby #alexander# » Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:06 am

I just started skating again in the last 6 months or so, I am pretty bad but better than I ever was when I was a kid, it rules.
#alexander#

Postby Berlin » Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:13 am

Lostsurf24 wrote:I miss running a shop with my buddy and skating inside of it...:( I went in to buy some shit when I was 15. Wanted to fuck the girl who ran the place so bad. I hit on her so bad she figured if I could sell my dick I could hawk boards. She hired me that day and changed my life. Though she never touched me ha

Best job I ever had!

My only real claim to fame was getting to take the shortys team around boston when they were filming guilty. If you look close at sammys first trick BSKFTS you can spot me and I think I ended up in the thrasher that month at the same place. Fuck those were the days. Dudes LOOOOVE weed

I have a skateboarding claim to fame to! I was in 411vm issue 46 for half a second. Still excited about it.
Berlin

Postby steezyasskyle » Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:40 am

On The Outside hc wrote:Favorite thing in the world.
steezyasskyle

Postby Quasi » Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:03 am

ChiefSmokesOnBlunts wrote:skating is the best thing that has ever happened to me

qft
Quasi

Next