Matt Lauer fired from NBC for sexual harassment. Who’s next?

General discussion, shows, and everything else.

Postby radiatedradiation » Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:38 pm

I've honestly always hated Jerry Seinfeld. Dude is not backed
User avatar
radiatedradiation
 
Posts: 6577
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:26 pm
Location: Tallahassee, FL

Postby Heathenist » Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:55 pm

I could definitely imagine Drew Carey being a creeper.

That said, I don't think I'll ever be surprised to find out that a dude in a position of power is a creep. I'm not saying they all are, it's just never surprising. Sure, it can be disappointing, but you're living in a fantasy world if you think that there aren't a ton of dudes out there who have abused their power for sexual gratification. At this point, I don't give a fuck how celebrated they were before hand, I hope they all get outed.
User avatar
Heathenist
 
Posts: 19726
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:22 am

Postby b andrus » Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:04 pm

Heathenist wrote:I could definitely imagine Drew Carey being a creeper.

That said, I don't think I'll ever be surprised to find out that a dude in a position of power is a creep. I'm not saying they all are, it's just never surprising. Sure, it can be disappointing, but you're living in a fantasy world if you think that there aren't a ton of dudes out there who have abused their power for sexual gratification. At this point, I don't give a fuck how celebrated they were before hand, I hope they all get outed.



celebrity is not power
User avatar
b andrus
barely passed library school
 
Posts: 7835
Joined: Wed May 30, 2012 12:14 pm

Postby blackhawks#1 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:10 pm

FACEPALM wrote:
Heathenist wrote:I could definitely imagine Drew Carey being a creeper.

That said, I don't think I'll ever be surprised to find out that a dude in a position of power is a creep. I'm not saying they all are, it's just never surprising. Sure, it can be disappointing, but you're living in a fantasy world if you think that there aren't a ton of dudes out there who have abused their power for sexual gratification. At this point, I don't give a fuck how celebrated they were before hand, I hope they all get outed.



celebrity is not power

:smt044 :smt043 :smt042 :smt036 :smt005 :smt031
User avatar
blackhawks#1
HELL YES
 
Posts: 35489
Joined: Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:39 am
Location: chicago

Postby TheyWalkedInLine » Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:12 pm

Hopefully the next big outing is in academia. I don’t think there is a university in this country where this isn’t a problem.
User avatar
TheyWalkedInLine
 
Posts: 15554
Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:27 pm
Location: black professor with braids

Postby b andrus » Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:13 pm

blackhawks#1 wrote:
FACEPALM wrote:
Heathenist wrote:I could definitely imagine Drew Carey being a creeper.

That said, I don't think I'll ever be surprised to find out that a dude in a position of power is a creep. I'm not saying they all are, it's just never surprising. Sure, it can be disappointing, but you're living in a fantasy world if you think that there aren't a ton of dudes out there who have abused their power for sexual gratification. At this point, I don't give a fuck how celebrated they were before hand, I hope they all get outed.



celebrity is not power

:smt044 :smt043 :smt042 :smt036 :smt005 :smt031



you are telling me Drew Carey is in some kind of position of power? come on
Last edited by b andrus on Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
b andrus
barely passed library school
 
Posts: 7835
Joined: Wed May 30, 2012 12:14 pm

Postby krujones » Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:13 pm

Yes
User avatar
krujones
BIG WANG THEORY
 
Posts: 66090
Joined: Tue Jun 15, 2004 3:00 am
Location: NY

Postby blackapache » Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:24 pm

FACEPALM wrote:
blackhawks#1 wrote:
FACEPALM wrote:
Heathenist wrote:I could definitely imagine Drew Carey being a creeper.

That said, I don't think I'll ever be surprised to find out that a dude in a position of power is a creep. I'm not saying they all are, it's just never surprising. Sure, it can be disappointing, but you're living in a fantasy world if you think that there aren't a ton of dudes out there who have abused their power for sexual gratification. At this point, I don't give a fuck how celebrated they were before hand, I hope they all get outed.



celebrity is not power

:smt044 :smt043 :smt042 :smt036 :smt005 :smt031



you are telling me Drew Carey is in some kind of position of power? come on


Honestly what do you not understand about the power dynamics between celebrities and their victims ?
User avatar
blackapache
 
Posts: 6711
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:00 am
Location: Richmond, Va

Postby b andrus » Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:27 pm

Im open to be educated on it. Go for it

and im strictly talking about somebody's celebrity not their power as an employer
User avatar
b andrus
barely passed library school
 
Posts: 7835
Joined: Wed May 30, 2012 12:14 pm

Postby CeaseAndPersist » Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:33 pm

TheyWalkedInLine wrote:Hopefully the next big outing is in academia. I don’t think there is a university in this country where this isn’t a problem.


When I was finishing up my BSN there was a professor who was banging the girls for grades. One found out she wasn't the only one and spoke up and over ten from my cohort came forward. Guy didn't look too far off from George Castanza but was only in his mid-30s. Definitely wasn't getting laid without that power factor.

He got shit-canned and works at some nowhere college in Oklahoma now. Wouldn't be surprised to find out he's still doing it.
User avatar
CeaseAndPersist
 
Posts: 531
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:37 pm
Location: Montana

Postby donnie_d3 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:40 pm

radiatedradiation wrote:
MARISSAS BAYBAYYYYYY DADDY wrote:Didn't Jerry Seinfeld date a teenager?


Yes

http://defamer.gawker.com/remember-when ... 1714153938
User avatar
donnie_d3
 
Posts: 2231
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:52 pm

Postby macho insecurity » Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:48 pm

as much as i love Seinfeld, Jerry Seinfeld seems like the biggest prick in the world. i don't understand why people think it's funny. he just seems like a big headed jerk. i still don't think he seems like a creep, though.

i would be absolutely devastated if allegations against Tom Hanks surfaced. he's my favorite actor and i've always admired him for being straight laced and honest.

(edit: missed the part where Seinfeld dated a teenager.)
User avatar
macho insecurity
sucked his dad's dick for free
 
Posts: 29438
Joined: Sat Jul 21, 2012 4:46 pm
Location: Calgary, AB

Postby taylorm » Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:52 pm

Tom Hanks has probably fucked at least one typewriter in his day.
User avatar
taylorm
¡yo quiero del taco!
 
Posts: 18521
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2003 5:01 am
Location: Golden Corral's chocolate waterfall

Postby donnie_d3 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:57 pm

Larry David has some skeletons in his closet
User avatar
donnie_d3
 
Posts: 2231
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:52 pm

Postby The Unabomber's Hoodie » Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:15 pm

TheyWalkedInLine wrote:Hopefully the next big outing is in academia. I don’t think there is a university in this country where this isn’t a problem.


Excellent point. The ultimate in fucked up power dynamics too.
User avatar
The Unabomber's Hoodie
 
Posts: 3377
Joined: Wed Nov 22, 2006 9:46 pm
Location: Long Island

Postby kneedeepinthedead » Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:21 pm

why do NFL players smoke weed if there are rules? wrote:as much as i love Seinfeld, Jerry Seinfeld seems like the biggest prick in the world. i don't understand why people think it's funny. he just seems like a big headed jerk. i still don't think he seems like a creep, though.

i would be absolutely devastated if allegations against Tom Hanks surfaced. he's my favorite actor and i've always admired him for being straight laced and honest.

(edit: missed the part where Seinfeld dated a teenager.)



Seinfeld was on Colbert recently and couldn't understand why Colbert said he can't listen to Bill Cosby stand up anymore after all of the allegations about him surfaced. I found that a little bit telling about him, before I realized he dated a teenager in the 90s.
kneedeepinthedead
 
Posts: 599
Joined: Wed Feb 23, 2005 3:20 pm
Location: nj

Postby antipasto » Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:26 pm

The Unabomber's Hoodie wrote:
TheyWalkedInLine wrote:Hopefully the next big outing is in academia. I don’t think there is a university in this country where this isn’t a problem.


Excellent point. The ultimate in fucked up power dynamics too.

Yeah I know too many people who got unwanted advances
User avatar
antipasto
 
Posts: 4513
Joined: Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:18 am
Location: CA

Postby Avoidance Learning » Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:27 pm

kneedeepinthedead wrote:
why do NFL players smoke weed if there are rules? wrote:as much as i love Seinfeld, Jerry Seinfeld seems like the biggest prick in the world. i don't understand why people think it's funny. he just seems like a big headed jerk. i still don't think he seems like a creep, though.

i would be absolutely devastated if allegations against Tom Hanks surfaced. he's my favorite actor and i've always admired him for being straight laced and honest.

(edit: missed the part where Seinfeld dated a teenager.)



Seinfeld was on Colbert recently and couldn't understand why Colbert said he can't listen to Bill Cosby stand up anymore after all of the allegations about him surfaced. I found that a little bit telling about him, before I realized he dated a teenager in the 90s.


Oh wow. I did not know about this. That's a bit fucked.

Gilbert Gottfried's bit about Seinfeld doing Hamlet honestly ruined Seinfeld's standup comedy for me. It's all I hear and see.
User avatar
Avoidance Learning
Is squirting pee?
 
Posts: 87492
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2007 9:00 am
Location: And then you have Kerry King who’s like ‘You see? You see these tribal tattoos?

Postby kneedeepinthedead » Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:32 pm

fred durst wrote:
kneedeepinthedead wrote:
why do NFL players smoke weed if there are rules? wrote:as much as i love Seinfeld, Jerry Seinfeld seems like the biggest prick in the world. i don't understand why people think it's funny. he just seems like a big headed jerk. i still don't think he seems like a creep, though.

i would be absolutely devastated if allegations against Tom Hanks surfaced. he's my favorite actor and i've always admired him for being straight laced and honest.

(edit: missed the part where Seinfeld dated a teenager.)



Seinfeld was on Colbert recently and couldn't understand why Colbert said he can't listen to Bill Cosby stand up anymore after all of the allegations about him surfaced. I found that a little bit telling about him, before I realized he dated a teenager in the 90s.


Oh wow. I did not know about this. That's a bit fucked.

Gilbert Gottfried's bit about Seinfeld doing Hamlet honestly ruined Seinfeld's standup comedy for me. It's all I hear and see.


https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/je ... 005d348917
kneedeepinthedead
 
Posts: 599
Joined: Wed Feb 23, 2005 3:20 pm
Location: nj

Postby b andrus » Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:59 pm

blackapache wrote:
FACEPALM wrote:
blackhawks#1 wrote:
FACEPALM wrote:
Heathenist wrote:I could definitely imagine Drew Carey being a creeper.

That said, I don't think I'll ever be surprised to find out that a dude in a position of power is a creep. I'm not saying they all are, it's just never surprising. Sure, it can be disappointing, but you're living in a fantasy world if you think that there aren't a ton of dudes out there who have abused their power for sexual gratification. At this point, I don't give a fuck how celebrated they were before hand, I hope they all get outed.



celebrity is not power

:smt044 :smt043 :smt042 :smt036 :smt005 :smt031



you are telling me Drew Carey is in some kind of position of power? come on


Honestly what do you not understand about the power dynamics between celebrities and their victims ?


I did some thinking about this and thought of some circumstances that I did not before and it is rather clear now
User avatar
b andrus
barely passed library school
 
Posts: 7835
Joined: Wed May 30, 2012 12:14 pm

Postby chugging_pus » Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:02 pm

Marty Mas Cowain (spelling?)
Hugh Jackman
Louis Anderson (didn't he already get caught harassing guys??)
George Bush, Sr.
chugging_pus
 
Posts: 1119
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2007 6:04 pm
Location: new jersey

Postby Avoidance Learning » Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:03 pm

Not to pile onto you about it but that's seriously glaring obvious why that's a problem.
User avatar
Avoidance Learning
Is squirting pee?
 
Posts: 87492
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2007 9:00 am
Location: And then you have Kerry King who’s like ‘You see? You see these tribal tattoos?

Postby taylorm » Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:03 pm

chugging_pus wrote:Marty Mas Cowain (spelling?)
Hugh Jackman
Louis Anderson (didn't he already get caught harassing guys??)
George Bush, Sr.

Bush already got outed. It was brushed off as “old timer hijinks.”
User avatar
taylorm
¡yo quiero del taco!
 
Posts: 18521
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2003 5:01 am
Location: Golden Corral's chocolate waterfall

Postby Metalfaced_DOOM » Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:06 pm

Seinfeld is my favorite sitcom ever but I’m not surprised that Jerry is probs a turd.

My moneys on Wayne Brady
User avatar
Metalfaced_DOOM
 
Posts: 4795
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:35 pm
Location: CA

Postby taylorm » Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:08 pm

Wayne Brady probably doesn’t even fart. I’m not buying it.
User avatar
taylorm
¡yo quiero del taco!
 
Posts: 18521
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2003 5:01 am
Location: Golden Corral's chocolate waterfall

Postby IThinkItsIndecision » Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:30 pm

fred durst wrote:and since these are mostly softballs that I've heard rumblings about here's a blind pick:
Joe Buck

I guess you can sexually assault oneself, but that's gunna be a weird fucking interview...
User avatar
IThinkItsIndecision
Is that a football in your pocket?
 
Posts: 25097
Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:15 pm
Location: Even snagged a raise, right there you're due for effusive praise. Also a bunch of D cord reverb.

Postby the sandcub » Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:39 pm

chris berman
john madden
User avatar
the sandcub
kiss from a rose
 
Posts: 8834
Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:54 am
Location: tx

Postby alchemist » Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:49 pm

Dennis Miller
Mike Myers
Sean Astin
Chevy Chase
Dennis Leary
User avatar
alchemist
 
Posts: 7376
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:57 am
Location: ROLL TIDE

Postby b andrus » Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:50 pm

why sean astin?
User avatar
b andrus
barely passed library school
 
Posts: 7835
Joined: Wed May 30, 2012 12:14 pm

Postby fuzzy slippers » Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:10 pm

I would put serious money down on duck butthole or Seth MacFarlane
fuzzy slippers
 
Posts: 2218
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:09 pm
Location: MA

Postby b andrus » Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:18 pm

fuzzy slippers wrote:I would put serious money down on duck butthole or Seth MacFarlane



isnt seth macfarlane the one who has been kind of calling people out on this for years
User avatar
b andrus
barely passed library school
 
Posts: 7835
Joined: Wed May 30, 2012 12:14 pm

Postby Que Sera Sera » Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:31 pm

User avatar
Que Sera Sera
 
Posts: 2696
Joined: Thu May 27, 2010 2:32 pm
Location: los angeles

Postby Sorley Boy » Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:36 pm

Jonathan Franzen definitely seems like the type.
User avatar
Sorley Boy
 
Posts: 8882
Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2008 7:01 pm

Postby ass eyes » Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:39 pm

Tyler Perry
User avatar
ass eyes
 
Posts: 490
Joined: Fri Nov 18, 2016 2:21 pm
Location: Nawwwfuck, VA

Postby lala fuck you » Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:55 pm

Ryan seacrest

also Matt lauer had a button on his desk that would open and close a door ala Mr burns
User avatar
lala fuck you
 
Posts: 26842
Joined: Thu Dec 07, 2006 3:44 am
Location: PR

Postby macho insecurity » Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:21 pm

FACEPALM wrote:
fuzzy slippers wrote:I would put serious money down on duck butthole or Seth MacFarlane



isnt seth macfarlane the one who has been kind of calling people out on this for years

MacFarlane sucks so much and I don't care how much money he's given to charity or science shows he's spawned. Worst kind of pretentious dude. You went to RISD, dork.
User avatar
macho insecurity
sucked his dad's dick for free
 
Posts: 29438
Joined: Sat Jul 21, 2012 4:46 pm
Location: Calgary, AB

Postby fuzzy slippers » Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:44 pm

I'm actually kind of stunned that Mark Kozelek hasn't had anything come out about him.
fuzzy slippers
 
Posts: 2218
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:09 pm
Location: MA

Postby Lil Meatsauce » Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:40 pm

steve harvey!
User avatar
Lil Meatsauce
 
Posts: 17158
Joined: Sun Jul 25, 2004 4:35 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Postby Metalfaced_DOOM » Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:43 pm

Lil Meatsauce wrote:steve harvey!


Shut the fuck up
User avatar
Metalfaced_DOOM
 
Posts: 4795
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:35 pm
Location: CA

Postby taylorm » Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:01 pm

fuzzy slippers wrote:I'm actually kind of stunned that Mark Kozelek hasn't had anything come out about him.

Why?
User avatar
taylorm
¡yo quiero del taco!
 
Posts: 18521
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2003 5:01 am
Location: Golden Corral's chocolate waterfall

Postby vivaXhate » Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:04 pm

Regis Philbin seems likely.
Geraldo Rivera if you are not counting what Bette Middler already has said.
Basically I'm suspicious most gameshow hosts like Alex Trebek haha.
User avatar
vivaXhate
 
Posts: 3728
Joined: Mon May 12, 2003 11:07 am

Postby Que Sera Sera » Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:22 pm

shithead wrote:
fuzzy slippers wrote:I'm actually kind of stunned that Mark Kozelek hasn't had anything come out about him.

Why?
User avatar
Que Sera Sera
 
Posts: 2696
Joined: Thu May 27, 2010 2:32 pm
Location: los angeles

Postby JOWER 106 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:40 pm

Apex Satanist wrote:
shithead wrote:Seems like a pretty mixed bag of dudes getting called out for this stuff. If you had to wager a guess, who’s the next highish profile guy to get his dirty laundry brought to light?

My money is on Seinfeld. Possibly Ted Danson as well.

Whatever happens, I hope Harrison Ford hasn’t been a creeper in the past.


Ford banged Carrie Fisher when she was like 19, he has some shit in his closet


what the fuck? so?
User avatar
JOWER 106
Keep Everything Away From This Man's Dick
 
Posts: 18099
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:18 am
Location: California Dungeons

Postby poontangclan » Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:01 am

hahaha after the Louis CK thing and recently in Aus a beloved TV gardener Don Burke got outed (for constantly saying crazy tourettes type stuff like pointing to flowers and asking women if thier sex buckets looked like that)

I actually sincerely had the thought

"oh I better not get famous cause I've been a total sleazebag in my time"
User avatar
poontangclan
 
Posts: 157
Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:44 pm

Postby taylorm » Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:07 am

Cool, man...
User avatar
taylorm
¡yo quiero del taco!
 
Posts: 18521
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2003 5:01 am
Location: Golden Corral's chocolate waterfall

Postby dyna-soar » Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:28 am

- entire cast of entourage.
- robert downey jr.
- kevin hart.
- mark wahlberg.
- i love letterman but wouldn't be surprised if more shit comes out about him.
User avatar
dyna-soar
 
Posts: 1863
Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2006 11:46 pm
Location: au

Postby severedfaith » Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:13 am

Howard Stern
User avatar
severedfaith
 
Posts: 830
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 7:54 pm

Postby markus aurelius » Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:07 am

TheyWalkedInLine wrote:Hopefully the next big outing is in academia. I don’t think there is a university in this country where this isn’t a problem.


That professor from University of Rochester is being outed pretty hard, in addition to the school kind of trying to sweep it under the rug. It's my brother's alma mater/the guy taught in his department, so he had a lot of good dinner conversation to make over the holiday.
User avatar
markus aurelius
 
Posts: 12086
Joined: Tue Mar 16, 2004 10:48 am
Location: 12534

Postby lala fuck you » Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:01 am

User avatar
lala fuck you
 
Posts: 26842
Joined: Thu Dec 07, 2006 3:44 am
Location: PR

Postby creativexcover » Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:03 am

oof
User avatar
creativexcover
 
Posts: 9377
Joined: Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:39 am
Location: NH / MA border

PreviousNext


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: antipasto, Avoidance Learning, Bing [Bot], bolster315, BRICK_FLAIR, CareyP, dane, Fester, FourtyFour, Google [Bot], Heathenist, Iron-Clad Face, jesper, mutexwitness, nastyy, nathansux, osully55, pizzapower518, real deal, ROBOTCOP, SchlongConnery, Shaggy X Age, sirdudeoi, Spider Jerusalem, taylorm, Truncheons, Yosupbro and 63 guests