Another mass shooting

General discussion, shows, and everything else.

Postby judge smails » Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:21 pm

I think doomhammer was just trying to say “if there can be a silver liming from this, maybe an attack in gun country will be close enough to home to inspire change.” He just kinda phrased it like a dickhead, that’s all.
judge smails

Postby TheyWalkedInLine » Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:23 pm

trentxedge wrote:
198d__ wrote:
Sorley Boy wrote:
198d__ wrote:If you think our country's problem with gun-violence is perpetuated solely, or even primarily by a bunch of legal gun owners in Texas, you're already lost. Not to mention, you don't know the personal politics of the people who were killed. You're making a generalization based on the fact they were in a church down south. It's just a very fucking odd way of looking at things.

The problem is with legal gun owners. All of these dopes buy their guns legally, and they're able to do so in part because of the ridiculously lax gun laws Republicans defend. I know the root problem is actually market capitalism which commodifies and devalues human life or whatever, but you know what he was saying.

If you're able to comprehend the root cause, why acknowledge anything OP said?

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way ... -shootings" target="_blank

Mass shootings account for less than 1% of gun deaths. The reason why people like b9 users are clammoring for "strict gun control" is because these events are the closest thing most of us will ever have to being affected by a gun crime. Most, not all. I can't speak for everyone.

People want to stereotype a bunch of people in a church down in Texas because they feel they're the primary motivator behind gun violence even when statistics argue the contrary. The very institutions you want restricting your guns are the ACTUAL arbiters of violence via weaponry. How can you even begin to change legislation based on an extra-state act of violence that accounts for a marginal percentage of these deaths, before you've addressed the state violence that is actually killing thousands of people all around the world? Do the thousands dead in middle east at the hands of your government not count?

Is it possible that our war-ready attitude and commodification of weaponry has a large role in this narrative? Are people who have been forced to live in some of the most dangerous neighborhoods in our country due to skin color and socioeconomic status pro gun-control? Statistically, responsible gun owners confined to bad neighborhoods would be disproportionately affected by gun laws. You know, the people who actually need them to prevent harassment. Stop thinking every person who is hesitant about gun laws is so because they're bible-thumper down in Arkansas.

Agreed there's definitely a racial/class narrative to gun control, since it's primarily upper class white liberals that push for it, easy to say no one should have protection when you are in a gated community and can rely on state actors to protect you and not shoot you in the back of the head while you are fleeing, it's a lot more than the Billy Bobs and Todds in rural Appalachia. Y'all motherfuckers need a little Huey Newton in your life.

Sent from my SM-S820L using TheB9 mobile app

Most people favor stricter gun control laws, not just these imaginary (straw man) white liberals in fortified communities.

Also, black Americans favor gun control by a much larger margin than whites.

http://www.people-press.org/2017/06/22/ ... guns/#race
TheyWalkedInLine

Postby Sorley Boy » Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:34 pm

DETOX wrote:
Spider Jerusalem wrote:good to have the professional merch bitch chime in.

LOL , next.

It wasn't asked in the Pew study above, but would your perspective on gun ownership change if you could see your dick without a mirror?
Sorley Boy

Postby trentxedge » Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:47 pm

TheyWalkedInLine wrote:
trentxedge wrote:
198d__ wrote:
Sorley Boy wrote:
198d__ wrote:If you think our country's problem with gun-violence is perpetuated solely, or even primarily by a bunch of legal gun owners in Texas, you're already lost. Not to mention, you don't know the personal politics of the people who were killed. You're making a generalization based on the fact they were in a church down south. It's just a very fucking odd way of looking at things.

The problem is with legal gun owners. All of these dopes buy their guns legally, and they're able to do so in part because of the ridiculously lax gun laws Republicans defend. I know the root problem is actually market capitalism which commodifies and devalues human life or whatever, but you know what he was saying.

If you're able to comprehend the root cause, why acknowledge anything OP said?

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way ... -shootings" target="_blank" target="_blank

Mass shootings account for less than 1% of gun deaths. The reason why people like b9 users are clammoring for "strict gun control" is because these events are the closest thing most of us will ever have to being affected by a gun crime. Most, not all. I can't speak for everyone.

People want to stereotype a bunch of people in a church down in Texas because they feel they're the primary motivator behind gun violence even when statistics argue the contrary. The very institutions you want restricting your guns are the ACTUAL arbiters of violence via weaponry. How can you even begin to change legislation based on an extra-state act of violence that accounts for a marginal percentage of these deaths, before you've addressed the state violence that is actually killing thousands of people all around the world? Do the thousands dead in middle east at the hands of your government not count?

Is it possible that our war-ready attitude and commodification of weaponry has a large role in this narrative? Are people who have been forced to live in some of the most dangerous neighborhoods in our country due to skin color and socioeconomic status pro gun-control? Statistically, responsible gun owners confined to bad neighborhoods would be disproportionately affected by gun laws. You know, the people who actually need them to prevent harassment. Stop thinking every person who is hesitant about gun laws is so because they're bible-thumper down in Arkansas.

Agreed there's definitely a racial/class narrative to gun control, since it's primarily upper class white liberals that push for it, easy to say no one should have protection when you are in a gated community and can rely on state actors to protect you and not shoot you in the back of the head while you are fleeing, it's a lot more than the Billy Bobs and Todds in rural Appalachia. Y'all motherfuckers need a little Huey Newton in your life.

Most people favor stricter gun control laws, not just these imaginary (straw man) white liberals in fortified communities.

Also, black Americans favor gun control by a much larger margin than whites.

http://www.people-press.org/2017/06/22/" target="_blank ... guns/#race

Welp I guess I was wrong, still doesn't change how I personally feel about gun control, and still doesn't change the racism that is/was behind gun control itself.

trentxedge

Postby DETOX » Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:05 pm

Sorley Boy wrote:
DETOX wrote:

LOL , next.

It wasn't asked in the Pew study above, but would your perspective on gun ownership change if you could see your dick without a mirror?

Swing and a miss.

I figured you would have had something better for me since I've been gone.
DETOX

Postby oldorder » Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:26 pm

Sorley Boy wrote:
DETOX wrote:

LOL , next.

:smt005
oldorder
would rather die than not eat Taco Bell

Postby smorgasgeorge » Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:19 pm

I think if more people had the opportunity to shoot an AR-15 there wouldn't be so much hate. They're quite fun.
smorgasgeorge

Postby Roofies Pizza » Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:23 pm

They're great. Being in an actual firefight with them feels like youre shooting a rubber band gun though. As far as mass shootings go, I'm just thankful SAWs and 240 B's arent legal...and that just your average dude cant get one. That says something about gun control.
Roofies Pizza
antifa superfan

Postby trentxedge » Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:34 pm

smorgasgeorge wrote:I think if more people had the opportunity to shoot an AR-15 there wouldn't be so much hate. They're quite fun.

I feel the average person hates it just because it's spooky looking and has a pistol grip and the whole "tactical" look.
trentxedge

Postby The Lowest One » Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:42 pm

oldorder wrote:
Sorley Boy wrote:
DETOX wrote:

LOL , next.

I lol'd.
The Lowest One

Postby PaulKersey » Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:19 am

DETOX wrote:
!azzip wrote:Tac life, bitch

was waiting for this.

Also LOL at AR15 comments and why you shouldn't be able to own one.

You're the same dummy who acted like a security expert when people got shot at that T.I. show in NY. Funny you stopped posting in that thread because we all made you look like a fucking moron.
PaulKersey

Postby TheyWalkedInLine » Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:56 am

smorgasgeorge wrote:I think if more people had the opportunity to shoot an AR-15 there wouldn't be so much hate. They're quite fun.

Moron.
TheyWalkedInLine

Postby TheyWalkedInLine » Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:57 am

trentxedge wrote:

I feel the average person hates it just because it's spooky looking and has a pistol grip and the whole "tactical" look.

No, it probably has more to do with Vegas, Sutherland Springs and Newtown.
TheyWalkedInLine

Postby TheyWalkedInLine » Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:59 am

The Lowest One wrote:
oldorder wrote:
Sorley Boy wrote:
DETOX wrote:

LOL , next.

I lol'd.

So did I. I'm not one to target people like Detox who possess obvious self-esteem issues but sometimes it's warranted.
TheyWalkedInLine

Postby refill » Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:05 am

TheyWalkedInLine wrote:
trentxedge wrote:

No, it probably has more to do with Vegas, Sutherland Springs and Newtown.

Yeah, I'm more concerned with people, including children, being randomly murdered at a rapid rate. I don't give a shit how it looks.

trentxedge, you seem to just be confirming your own bias and doing it quite poorly.
refill

Postby Ortho Stice » Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:19 am

trentxedge wrote:

No it's because they (or any other magazine fed semi-auto rifle) make it incredibly easy to shoot up a room full of people.

btw I've shot rifles before and think that they're fun.
Ortho Stice

Postby krujones » Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:45 pm

trentxedge wrote:

No
krujones
BIG WANG THEORY

Postby Smashedbox 20 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:55 pm

there's no way trentxedge is older than 21
Smashedbox 20

Postby judge smails » Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:02 pm

PaulKersey wrote:
DETOX wrote:
!azzip wrote:Tac life, bitch

was waiting for this.

Also LOL at AR15 comments and why you shouldn't be able to own one.

You're the same dummy who acted like a security expert when people got shot at that T.I. show in NY. Funny you stopped posting in that thread because we all made you look like a fucking moron.

Hey. I’m sure he didn’t need help.
judge smails

Postby trentxedge » Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:28 pm

Smashedbox 20 wrote:there's no way trentxedge is older than 21

27 actually, there's no way you're not a washed up douche in your mid 30s with a comment like that.

trentxedge

Postby Brave Captain » Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:57 pm

Brave Captain

Postby refill » Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:52 pm

http://www.kcra.com/article/4-dead-shoo ... 1/13600667

"The crazy thing is that the neighbor has been shooting a lot of bullets lately, hundreds of rounds, large magazines," Flint said. "We made it aware that this guy has been crazy, and he's been threatening us and everything. I just feel like there maybe should have been more effort put into stopping things like this."

I'd be willing to wager a pretty decent amount of money that this is a white dude.
refill

Postby Pro High Fiver » Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:52 pm

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way ... california

EDIT: yeah prolly a crazy white dude proclaiming his allegiance to ISIS
Pro High Fiver

Postby taylorm » Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:54 pm

Pro High Fiver wrote:https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2017/11/14/564117257/at-least-3-reported-dead-after-shooting-at-school-other-locations-in-california

EDIT: yeah prolly a crazy white dude proclaiming his allegiance to ISIS

This happened in a rural area about 20 minutes from where I live. Shit's a little too close for comfort.
taylorm
¡yo quiero del taco!

Postby creativexcover » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:17 am

School shooting in New Mexico.
creativexcover

Postby jblaze » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:30 am

t.doomhammer wrote:our very broken gun control system.

cuckold alert
jblaze

Postby radiatedradiation » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:44 am

I can't believe we have a thread that has become just updates for mass shootings because that's how regularly they happen
radiatedradiation

Postby refill » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:46 am

jblaze wrote:

cuckold alert

You realize when you use this word everyone thinks you're a fucking loser right?
refill

Postby blackhawks#1 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:55 am

refill wrote:
jblaze wrote:

cuckold alert

You realize when you use this word everyone thinks you're a fucking loser right?

blackhawks#1
HELL YES

Postby jblaze » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:42 pm

refill wrote:
jblaze wrote:

cuckold alert

jblaze

Postby creativexcover » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:43 pm

creativexcover

Postby taylorm » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:46 pm

Sterilize all 2017 posters.
taylorm
¡yo quiero del taco!

Postby refill » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:27 pm

triggered.gif....

yep, bona fide Cheeto-dust sucker.
refill

Postby radiatedradiation » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:55 pm