Another mass shooting

General discussion, shows, and everything else.

Postby judge smails » Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:21 pm

I think doomhammer was just trying to say “if there can be a silver liming from this, maybe an attack in gun country will be close enough to home to inspire change.” He just kinda phrased it like a dickhead, that’s all.
User avatar
judge smails
 
Posts: 8245
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:17 am
Location: The Flying Wasp

Postby TheyWalkedInLine » Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:23 pm

trentxedge wrote:
198d__ wrote:
Sorley Boy wrote:
198d__ wrote:If you think our country's problem with gun-violence is perpetuated solely, or even primarily by a bunch of legal gun owners in Texas, you're already lost. Not to mention, you don't know the personal politics of the people who were killed. You're making a generalization based on the fact they were in a church down south. It's just a very fucking odd way of looking at things.


The problem is with legal gun owners. All of these dopes buy their guns legally, and they're able to do so in part because of the ridiculously lax gun laws Republicans defend. I know the root problem is actually market capitalism which commodifies and devalues human life or whatever, but you know what he was saying.

If you're able to comprehend the root cause, why acknowledge anything OP said?

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way ... -shootings" target="_blank

Mass shootings account for less than 1% of gun deaths. The reason why people like b9 users are clammoring for "strict gun control" is because these events are the closest thing most of us will ever have to being affected by a gun crime. Most, not all. I can't speak for everyone.

People want to stereotype a bunch of people in a church down in Texas because they feel they're the primary motivator behind gun violence even when statistics argue the contrary. The very institutions you want restricting your guns are the ACTUAL arbiters of violence via weaponry. How can you even begin to change legislation based on an extra-state act of violence that accounts for a marginal percentage of these deaths, before you've addressed the state violence that is actually killing thousands of people all around the world? Do the thousands dead in middle east at the hands of your government not count?

Is it possible that our war-ready attitude and commodification of weaponry has a large role in this narrative? Are people who have been forced to live in some of the most dangerous neighborhoods in our country due to skin color and socioeconomic status pro gun-control? Statistically, responsible gun owners confined to bad neighborhoods would be disproportionately affected by gun laws. You know, the people who actually need them to prevent harassment. Stop thinking every person who is hesitant about gun laws is so because they're bible-thumper down in Arkansas.


Agreed there's definitely a racial/class narrative to gun control, since it's primarily upper class white liberals that push for it, easy to say no one should have protection when you are in a gated community and can rely on state actors to protect you and not shoot you in the back of the head while you are fleeing, it's a lot more than the Billy Bobs and Todds in rural Appalachia. Y'all motherfuckers need a little Huey Newton in your life.

Sent from my SM-S820L using TheB9 mobile app




Most people favor stricter gun control laws, not just these imaginary (straw man) white liberals in fortified communities.



Also, black Americans favor gun control by a much larger margin than whites.


http://www.people-press.org/2017/06/22/ ... guns/#race
User avatar
TheyWalkedInLine
 
Posts: 15559
Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:27 pm
Location: black professor with braids

Postby Sorley Boy » Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:34 pm

DETOX wrote:
Spider Jerusalem wrote:good to have the professional merch bitch chime in.

LOL , next.


It wasn't asked in the Pew study above, but would your perspective on gun ownership change if you could see your dick without a mirror?
User avatar
Sorley Boy
 
Posts: 8901
Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2008 7:01 pm

Postby trentxedge » Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:47 pm

TheyWalkedInLine wrote:
trentxedge wrote:
198d__ wrote:
Sorley Boy wrote:
198d__ wrote:If you think our country's problem with gun-violence is perpetuated solely, or even primarily by a bunch of legal gun owners in Texas, you're already lost. Not to mention, you don't know the personal politics of the people who were killed. You're making a generalization based on the fact they were in a church down south. It's just a very fucking odd way of looking at things.


The problem is with legal gun owners. All of these dopes buy their guns legally, and they're able to do so in part because of the ridiculously lax gun laws Republicans defend. I know the root problem is actually market capitalism which commodifies and devalues human life or whatever, but you know what he was saying.

If you're able to comprehend the root cause, why acknowledge anything OP said?

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way ... -shootings" target="_blank" target="_blank

Mass shootings account for less than 1% of gun deaths. The reason why people like b9 users are clammoring for "strict gun control" is because these events are the closest thing most of us will ever have to being affected by a gun crime. Most, not all. I can't speak for everyone.

People want to stereotype a bunch of people in a church down in Texas because they feel they're the primary motivator behind gun violence even when statistics argue the contrary. The very institutions you want restricting your guns are the ACTUAL arbiters of violence via weaponry. How can you even begin to change legislation based on an extra-state act of violence that accounts for a marginal percentage of these deaths, before you've addressed the state violence that is actually killing thousands of people all around the world? Do the thousands dead in middle east at the hands of your government not count?

Is it possible that our war-ready attitude and commodification of weaponry has a large role in this narrative? Are people who have been forced to live in some of the most dangerous neighborhoods in our country due to skin color and socioeconomic status pro gun-control? Statistically, responsible gun owners confined to bad neighborhoods would be disproportionately affected by gun laws. You know, the people who actually need them to prevent harassment. Stop thinking every person who is hesitant about gun laws is so because they're bible-thumper down in Arkansas.


Agreed there's definitely a racial/class narrative to gun control, since it's primarily upper class white liberals that push for it, easy to say no one should have protection when you are in a gated community and can rely on state actors to protect you and not shoot you in the back of the head while you are fleeing, it's a lot more than the Billy Bobs and Todds in rural Appalachia. Y'all motherfuckers need a little Huey Newton in your life.

Sent from my SM-S820L using TheB9 mobile app




Most people favor stricter gun control laws, not just these imaginary (straw man) white liberals in fortified communities.



Also, black Americans favor gun control by a much larger margin than whites.


http://www.people-press.org/2017/06/22/" target="_blank ... guns/#race


Welp I guess I was wrong, still doesn't change how I personally feel about gun control, and still doesn't change the racism that is/was behind gun control itself.

Sent from my SM-S820L using TheB9 mobile app
User avatar
trentxedge
 
Posts: 2502
Joined: Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:44 pm
Location: Lansing, MI

Postby DETOX » Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:05 pm

Sorley Boy wrote:
DETOX wrote:
Spider Jerusalem wrote:good to have the professional merch bitch chime in.

LOL , next.


It wasn't asked in the Pew study above, but would your perspective on gun ownership change if you could see your dick without a mirror?

Swing and a miss.

I figured you would have had something better for me since I've been gone.
User avatar
DETOX
 
Posts: 5086
Joined: Mon May 22, 2006 1:30 am

Postby oldorder » Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:26 pm

Sorley Boy wrote:
DETOX wrote:
Spider Jerusalem wrote:good to have the professional merch bitch chime in.

LOL , next.


It wasn't asked in the Pew study above, but would your perspective on gun ownership change if you could see your dick without a mirror?

:smt005
oldorder
would rather die than not eat Taco Bell
 
Posts: 13764
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:23 pm
Location: On my ALCATEL 4015T

Postby smorgasgeorge » Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:19 pm

I think if more people had the opportunity to shoot an AR-15 there wouldn't be so much hate. They're quite fun.
smorgasgeorge
 
Posts: 1397
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:27 pm
Location: CA

Postby Roofies Pizza » Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:23 pm

They're great. Being in an actual firefight with them feels like youre shooting a rubber band gun though. As far as mass shootings go, I'm just thankful SAWs and 240 B's arent legal...and that just your average dude cant get one. That says something about gun control.
User avatar
Roofies Pizza
antifa superfan
 
Posts: 27162
Joined: Tue Jun 20, 2006 3:05 am
Location: Tacoma

Postby trentxedge » Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:34 pm

smorgasgeorge wrote:I think if more people had the opportunity to shoot an AR-15 there wouldn't be so much hate. They're quite fun.


I feel the average person hates it just because it's spooky looking and has a pistol grip and the whole "tactical" look.
User avatar
trentxedge
 
Posts: 2502
Joined: Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:44 pm
Location: Lansing, MI

Postby The Lowest One » Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:42 pm

oldorder wrote:
Sorley Boy wrote:
DETOX wrote:
Spider Jerusalem wrote:good to have the professional merch bitch chime in.

LOL , next.


It wasn't asked in the Pew study above, but would your perspective on gun ownership change if you could see your dick without a mirror?

:smt005


I lol'd.
The Lowest One
 
Posts: 1001
Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2016 12:10 pm
Location: Brooklyn, NY

Postby PaulKersey » Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:19 am

DETOX wrote:
!azzip wrote:Tac life, bitch


was waiting for this.



Also LOL at AR15 comments and why you shouldn't be able to own one.


You're the same dummy who acted like a security expert when people got shot at that T.I. show in NY. Funny you stopped posting in that thread because we all made you look like a fucking moron.
PaulKersey
 
Posts: 8226
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2008 9:42 pm
Location: The Bronx

Postby TheyWalkedInLine » Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:56 am

smorgasgeorge wrote:I think if more people had the opportunity to shoot an AR-15 there wouldn't be so much hate. They're quite fun.



Moron.
User avatar
TheyWalkedInLine
 
Posts: 15559
Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:27 pm
Location: black professor with braids

Postby TheyWalkedInLine » Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:57 am

trentxedge wrote:
smorgasgeorge wrote:I think if more people had the opportunity to shoot an AR-15 there wouldn't be so much hate. They're quite fun.


I feel the average person hates it just because it's spooky looking and has a pistol grip and the whole "tactical" look.



No, it probably has more to do with Vegas, Sutherland Springs and Newtown.
User avatar
TheyWalkedInLine
 
Posts: 15559
Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:27 pm
Location: black professor with braids

Postby TheyWalkedInLine » Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:59 am

The Lowest One wrote:
oldorder wrote:
Sorley Boy wrote:
DETOX wrote:
Spider Jerusalem wrote:good to have the professional merch bitch chime in.

LOL , next.


It wasn't asked in the Pew study above, but would your perspective on gun ownership change if you could see your dick without a mirror?

:smt005


I lol'd.



So did I. I'm not one to target people like Detox who possess obvious self-esteem issues but sometimes it's warranted.
User avatar
TheyWalkedInLine
 
Posts: 15559
Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:27 pm
Location: black professor with braids

Postby refill » Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:05 am

TheyWalkedInLine wrote:
trentxedge wrote:
smorgasgeorge wrote:I think if more people had the opportunity to shoot an AR-15 there wouldn't be so much hate. They're quite fun.


I feel the average person hates it just because it's spooky looking and has a pistol grip and the whole "tactical" look.



No, it probably has more to do with Vegas, Sutherland Springs and Newtown.


Yeah, I'm more concerned with people, including children, being randomly murdered at a rapid rate. I don't give a shit how it looks.

trentxedge, you seem to just be confirming your own bias and doing it quite poorly.
User avatar
refill
 
Posts: 5167
Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2004 6:17 pm
Location: Denver

Postby Ortho Stice » Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:19 am

trentxedge wrote:
smorgasgeorge wrote:I think if more people had the opportunity to shoot an AR-15 there wouldn't be so much hate. They're quite fun.


I feel the average person hates it just because it's spooky looking and has a pistol grip and the whole "tactical" look.


No it's because they (or any other magazine fed semi-auto rifle) make it incredibly easy to shoot up a room full of people.

btw I've shot rifles before and think that they're fun.
Ortho Stice
 
Posts: 2426
Joined: Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:46 pm
Location: Braddock, PA

Postby krujones » Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:45 pm

trentxedge wrote:
smorgasgeorge wrote:I think if more people had the opportunity to shoot an AR-15 there wouldn't be so much hate. They're quite fun.


I feel the average person hates it just because it's spooky looking and has a pistol grip and the whole "tactical" look.


No
User avatar
krujones
BIG WANG THEORY
 
Posts: 66421
Joined: Tue Jun 15, 2004 3:00 am
Location: NY

Postby Smashedbox 20 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:55 pm

there's no way trentxedge is older than 21
Smashedbox 20
 
Posts: 6004
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2005 6:22 pm

Postby judge smails » Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:02 pm

PaulKersey wrote:
DETOX wrote:
!azzip wrote:Tac life, bitch


was waiting for this.



Also LOL at AR15 comments and why you shouldn't be able to own one.


You're the same dummy who acted like a security expert when people got shot at that T.I. show in NY. Funny you stopped posting in that thread because we all made you look like a fucking moron.

Hey. I’m sure he didn’t need help.
User avatar
judge smails
 
Posts: 8245
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:17 am
Location: The Flying Wasp

Postby trentxedge » Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:28 pm

Smashedbox 20 wrote:there's no way trentxedge is older than 21


27 actually, there's no way you're not a washed up douche in your mid 30s with a comment like that.

Sent from my SM-S820L using TheB9 mobile app
User avatar
trentxedge
 
Posts: 2502
Joined: Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:44 pm
Location: Lansing, MI

Postby Brave Captain » Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:57 pm

User avatar
Brave Captain
 
Posts: 6269
Joined: Wed May 05, 2010 1:10 am
Location: endlessly navigating the stormy seas of existence

Postby refill » Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:52 pm

http://www.kcra.com/article/4-dead-shoo ... 1/13600667

"The crazy thing is that the neighbor has been shooting a lot of bullets lately, hundreds of rounds, large magazines," Flint said. "We made it aware that this guy has been crazy, and he's been threatening us and everything. I just feel like there maybe should have been more effort put into stopping things like this."


I'd be willing to wager a pretty decent amount of money that this is a white dude.
User avatar
refill
 
Posts: 5167
Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2004 6:17 pm
Location: Denver

Postby Pro High Fiver » Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:52 pm

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way ... california

EDIT: yeah prolly a crazy white dude proclaiming his allegiance to ISIS
User avatar
Pro High Fiver
 
Posts: 483
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:20 pm
Location: Philly

Postby taylorm » Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:54 pm

Pro High Fiver wrote:https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2017/11/14/564117257/at-least-3-reported-dead-after-shooting-at-school-other-locations-in-california

EDIT: yeah prolly a crazy white dude proclaiming his allegiance to ISIS

This happened in a rural area about 20 minutes from where I live. Shit's a little too close for comfort.
User avatar
taylorm
¡yo quiero del taco!
 
Posts: 18595
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2003 5:01 am
Location: Golden Corral's chocolate waterfall

Postby creativexcover » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:17 am

School shooting in New Mexico.
User avatar
creativexcover
 
Posts: 9464
Joined: Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:39 am
Location: NH / MA border

Postby jblaze » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:30 am

t.doomhammer wrote:our very broken gun control system.



cuckold alert
User avatar
jblaze
 
Posts: 67
Joined: Sat Aug 26, 2017 3:43 pm

Postby radiatedradiation » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:44 am

I can't believe we have a thread that has become just updates for mass shootings because that's how regularly they happen
User avatar
radiatedradiation
 
Posts: 6593
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:26 pm
Location: Tallahassee, FL

Postby refill » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:46 am

jblaze wrote:
t.doomhammer wrote:our very broken gun control system.



cuckold alert


You realize when you use this word everyone thinks you're a fucking loser right?
User avatar
refill
 
Posts: 5167
Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2004 6:17 pm
Location: Denver

Postby blackhawks#1 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:55 am

refill wrote:
jblaze wrote:
t.doomhammer wrote:our very broken gun control system.



cuckold alert


You realize when you use this word everyone thinks you're a fucking loser right?

User avatar
blackhawks#1
HELL YES
 
Posts: 35724
Joined: Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:39 am
Location: chicago

Postby jblaze » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:42 pm

refill wrote:
jblaze wrote:
t.doomhammer wrote:our very broken gun control system.



cuckold alert


You realize when you use this word everyone thinks you're a fucking loser right?



Image
User avatar
jblaze
 
Posts: 67
Joined: Sat Aug 26, 2017 3:43 pm

Postby creativexcover » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:43 pm

Image
User avatar
creativexcover
 
Posts: 9464
Joined: Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:39 am
Location: NH / MA border

Postby taylorm » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:46 pm

Sterilize all 2017 posters.
User avatar
taylorm
¡yo quiero del taco!
 
Posts: 18595
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2003 5:01 am
Location: Golden Corral's chocolate waterfall

Postby refill » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:27 pm

triggered.gif....

yep, bona fide Cheeto-dust sucker.
User avatar
refill
 
Posts: 5167
Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2004 6:17 pm
Location: Denver

Postby radiatedradiation » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:55 pm

jblaze either from 4chan or the jerkbooth
User avatar
radiatedradiation
 
Posts: 6593
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:26 pm
Location: Tallahassee, FL

Previous


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Apex Satanist, ass eyes, Avoidance Learning, Bawitdaba, Bing [Bot], blue velvet pinball, brah_life, captainsunshine, Chris M., creativexcover, cutoffatmohegan, DrewBlood, EscapedFromTheValley, Fester, gary from teen mom 2, HOTDOGS_COMINURWAY, Iron-Clad Face, Last Rites, macho insecurity, NALYD., nastyy, Rowan, Steve-Dave, theonefreeman, vapegod, Worship, xAJXDx, xRuffianx and 63 guests