Fitness Thread

General discussion, shows, and everything else.

Postby Scumontherun » Mon Sep 04, 2017 1:02 pm

Didn't see a fitness thread (I know there is a powerlifting and weight loss thread). What is your fitness routine? do you follow it up with eating right. Do you go to the gym or workout at home? share everything fitness/health related
Scumontherun

Postby Two for Flinching » Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:46 pm

I've always been into fitness and worked out on and off throughout my life, but about two years ago or so I started to hit the gym a little harder with my lady and we both got pretty hooked. I Finally realized the obvious that if you work out for 3 weeks and then stop and you aren't consistent about your lifting/cardio/eating clean, then you're gunna get shit results lol

As for working out, I'm a smaller guy and feel like I would just look stupid with too much size, so I try and stay lean and stick to lower weightlifting and bodyweight stuff. I usually just pick up new workouts from friends and youtube videos, but my girlfriends sister is dating a personal trainer and he told me he would trade me a written up workout plan for a sword from the renaissance faire, so I'm pumped to try that out hahaha

Eatingwise I try to keep as simple as possible since I'm pretty awful In the kitchen. When I am eating clean, I prep 10 meals at the beginning of the week so I'm covered for lunch at work and dinner throughout the rest of the week. Weekends ill have a little fun and eat semi-shitty haha. I usually buy some low fat chicken sausage, organic greens beans, and microwavable spanish brown rice or quinoa and just toss the sauseej and green beans on a george foreman grill with different flavors/spices to give it some variety. Its cheap and takes less than a couple of hours to whip up meals for the week. For breakfast Ill make a PBJ or a shake or something and I try to drink a shake or two throughout the day for snacks

So yea I'm starting to get pretty into all of it so I'm always down for tips/advice. Best advice Ive gotten was that consistency is key.
Two for Flinching

Postby The Toxic Avenger » Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:57 pm

anyone who's into fitness but doesn't do resistance movement is wasting their goddamn time. personal trainers are garbage. fad diets are largely garbage. all cleanses and juicing is bullshit.

i lift 6 days a week, two of those days are low intensity complexes, so it's basically "cardio". i trained powerlifting style for awhile, then kinda mashed in some strongman stuff because i was doing highland games. now i've been concentrating on olympic lift for the pat 5 or so months and dieting down. i never really do the bro shit at the gym. I'm bored to death with isolation machines, curls, too much pressing, etc. i'd rather move weight around and work on physical performance.

i eat around 3000 calories to lose weight. i'm vegetarian but get around 200g protein daily, 120g+ fats, carbs 250g+. it's "clean" in that its not junk food and everything is eaten for a purpose. there's really no such thing as clean eating, it's another gimmicky bullshit term that used to mean low-fat and low-calorie, which isn't necessarily healthy.

i'm 5'11" around 195-200lbs at the moment. may drop down to about 185 then start eating back up again if i decide to do a super total meet my gym is planning for next spring. i haven't been that lightweight since i started lifting and kinda curious how id look with much less bf.
The Toxic Avenger
stop me. you wont.

Postby taylorm » Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:09 pm

Two for Flinching wrote:I've always been into fitness and worked out on and off throughout my life, but about two years ago or so I started to hit the gym a little harder with my lady and we both got pretty hooked. I Finally realized the obvious that if you work out for 3 weeks and then stop and you aren't consistent about your lifting/cardio/eating clean, then you're gunna get shit results lol

As for working out, I'm a smaller guy and feel like I would just look stupid with too much size, so I try and stay lean and stick to lower weightlifting and bodyweight stuff. I usually just pick up new workouts from friends and youtube videos, but my girlfriends sister is dating a personal trainer and he told me he would trade me a written up workout plan for a sword from the renaissance faire, so I'm pumped to try that out hahaha

Eatingwise I try to keep as simple as possible since I'm pretty awful In the kitchen. When I am eating clean, I prep 10 meals at the beginning of the week so I'm covered for lunch at work and dinner throughout the rest of the week. Weekends ill have a little fun and eat semi-shitty haha. I usually buy some low fat chicken sausage, organic greens beans, and microwavable spanish brown rice or quinoa and just toss the sauseej and green beans on a george foreman grill with different flavors/spices to give it some variety. Its cheap and takes less than a couple of hours to whip up meals for the week. For breakfast Ill make a PBJ or a shake or something and I try to drink a shake or two throughout the day for snacks

So yea I'm starting to get pretty into all of it so I'm always down for tips/advice. Best advice Ive gotten was that consistency is key.

:smt017
taylorm
¡yo quiero del taco!

Postby Marcabre back from dead » Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:54 pm

Who has injured their rotator cuff? How long did it take for you to heal? What did you do while it was healing?

I injured mine so I have basically just been doing strictly cardio with some leg days thrown in, but I am dying to get back under some weight. I have lost about 20-25lbs, and am looking pretty good, but if I lose more I will start to look goofy thin I think. What did you all do while your shoulders were healing?
Marcabre back from dead

Postby fuck lambgoat » Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:33 pm

Fitness dick in yo mouf. Amirite?
fuck lambgoat
this guy LOVES lambgoat

Postby TodayWeLive » Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:07 pm

I usually do an assortment of weights and lifting for an hour, then I do an hour of cardio and strength training stuff. I also have a couple punching bags that I use. Speed bag and heavy bag. I work out at home, but I have a gym I use when I'm working.

I don't really watch what I eat, but do consume a lot of protein when I'm building muscle. I use about 4500-5000 calories on the days I work out, so I make sure to eat 4500-5000 calories to maintain, which is hard to do if you're only consuming ''Healthy'' foods.
TodayWeLive

Postby Two for Flinching » Wed Sep 06, 2017 1:26 pm

shithead wrote: :smt017

Hahaha yea I knew that was gunna confuse some people. I was with him at the renaissance faire and my guy was going to buy a sword but they only had the display model left and it looked all shitty. I wound up going back a couple weeks after and they restocked it so i snagged it for him. I jokingly told him I would trade it to him if he wrote me up a sick work out plan and he gladly agreed
Two for Flinching

Postby ass eyes » Wed Sep 06, 2017 1:47 pm

When I wake up, I get my one sit up in for the day.
ass eyes
Ginormous Adam22 fan

Postby UnholyWarcry » Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:20 pm

Just started lifting again about a month ago. Took about a year off due to fucking up something in my chest/shoulder cleaning an axle in my last strongman comp. Right now I'm not really looking to compete, so I'm focusing getting my weight down from 285 to 240ish. The sedentary lifestyle combined with being fat in the first place for comps has me feeling pretty shitty. I'm down 20 lbs so far thanks to a lot of volume work and not eating fast food almost everyday. I've also been looking into BJJ classes and working on my bike so I can start riding again.
UnholyWarcry

Postby nastyy » Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:29 pm

I have been powerlifting for the last year after not doing any compound lifts for 3 years due to a herniated disc. Getting stronger is addictive
nastyy
"bananas"

Postby NegaDuck » Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:47 am

just started lifting at a gym. I’m really weak, but the couple of times I’ve done it I’ve loved it. I’ve just been doing dumbbell presses/benches/curls, lat machine, basic bitch stuff. I’m really intimidated by the hunks at the gym, so i go at 3:30 in the morning and there’s usually still a beefcake there

What exercises should i be getting comfortable with? There’s a leg press machine I’m gonna try, i know weights are a lot better than machines tho. Just looking for a really beginner friendly “leg day” and “ab day” or whatever i guess. No idea what I’m doin
NegaDuck

Postby slander » Mon May 14, 2018 5:42 pm

Got back into the gym at the start of year. Bumping this thread to hear some more about other peoples plans and pick up some pointers.

Trainer at the gym got me on a good plan but its made up of heaps of different exercises isolating each muscle. Feel like I should scale it down a little and just focus on a few core compound exercises. I like the whole zoning out and going hard on the exercise you're doing. Constantly bouncing around different stations during my workout kinda kills that.

Been really enjoying it anyway, has made me feel way better having regular exercise back in my life. Want to focus on it even more this year.
slander

Postby The Toxic Avenger » Mon May 14, 2018 9:26 pm

yeah id definitely suggest a simple compound program and scrap the typical trainer deal. squats, heavy presses, heavy rows, pull-ups, etc and their variations.
The Toxic Avenger
stop me. you wont.

Postby righteous jad » Tue May 15, 2018 5:48 pm

NegaDuck wrote:just started lifting at a gym. I’m really weak, but the couple of times I’ve done it I’ve loved it. I’ve just been doing dumbbell presses/benches/curls, lat machine, basic bitch stuff. I’m really intimidated by the hunks at the gym, so i go at 3:30 in the morning and there’s usually still a beefcake there

What exercises should i be getting comfortable with? There’s a leg press machine I’m gonna try, i know weights are a lot better than machines tho. Just looking for a really beginner friendly “leg day” and “ab day” or whatever i guess. No idea what I’m doin

Focus on correct form and quality reps, don’t worry about what anyone else is doing. There’s a bunch of videos on YouTube that talk you through the correct way to use certain machines, lift correctly etc. Don’t forget diet plays a huge part in the results you’ll achieve too.
righteous jad

Postby hunter » Tue May 15, 2018 6:14 pm

NegaDuck wrote:just started lifting at a gym. I’m really weak, but the couple of times I’ve done it I’ve loved it. I’ve just been doing dumbbell presses/benches/curls, lat machine, basic bitch stuff. I’m really intimidated by the hunks at the gym, so i go at 3:30 in the morning and there’s usually still a beefcake there

There are a ton of beginner routines out there if you google them. Some are a bit complex are and others will just give you a simple 3 day a week routine. If you're just starting out, almost anything will be fine. Just pick one and stick with it. Youtube videos will help you with form.
hunter

Postby RealVileBeta » Wed May 16, 2018 1:52 am

looking up any kind of exercise routine or even worse, diet routines makes me more confused than ever. one article said fats and carbs were essential to gain a six pack...uhhh
RealVileBeta

Postby hunter » Wed May 16, 2018 2:50 am

There is definitely a lot of broscience and bullshit out there.
hunter

Postby beldar » Wed May 16, 2018 7:01 am

fitness whole pizza in my mouth
beldar
TEMPLE OF THE 300 GIRLFRIENDS

Postby Two for Flinching » Wed May 16, 2018 10:23 am

Make an instagram and just follow as many trainers/fitness people as you can. Pick out some workouts that you like and follow/unfollow according to your preference. It's pretty much like having a personal trainer at your fingertips. The fact that people pay for personal trainers in 2018 is baffling
Two for Flinching

Postby BRICK_FLAIR » Wed May 16, 2018 10:32 am

Will IG yell at you for being a weak pussy tho
BRICK_FLAIR

Postby Two for Flinching » Wed May 16, 2018 10:42 am

V Tru.
It might just be personal preference but I feel like having someone in my ear trying to motivate/berate me into doing things would make me want to quit immediately
Two for Flinching

Postby beldar » Wed May 16, 2018 4:50 pm

you little pussy boy/girl
beldar
TEMPLE OF THE 300 GIRLFRIENDS

Postby Party Foul » Wed May 16, 2018 6:03 pm

about 9 months before my twin girls were born i accompanied my buddy to an MMA gym and for the first time in my life got into quality physical shape, i would go twice a week and after like 3 weeks could completely see the results.

then my girls were born and it cut my time/money down severely so try to run and workout at least 3 times a week but nothing beats the workout i was getting. SHIT SUCKS
Party Foul
SPIN-KICK REVIVALIST

Postby Metalfaced_DOOM » Wed May 16, 2018 7:54 pm

As the boards resident PT I’ll be the first to say personal training is becoming largely antiquated as resources are crazy abundant online.

That said some people simply don’t have the time/patience to learn for themselves and having a helping hand rooting you on and measuring progress is incomparable. Why anyone would prescribe tons of isolation for an absolute beginner is dumbfounded.

Plus milfs luv it pussyboi
Metalfaced_DOOM

Postby righteous jad » Thu May 17, 2018 2:34 am

FWIW I think there’s still value in PTs for certain people. Mainly if you’re just starting out, struggle with motivation, have an injury etc.
righteous jad

Postby Two for Flinching » Thu May 17, 2018 5:01 am

Metalfaced_DOOM wrote:As the boards resident PT I’ll be the first to say personal training is becoming largely antiquated as resources are crazy abundant online.

That said some people simply don’t have the time/patience to learn for themselves and having a helping hand rooting you on and measuring progress is incomparable. Why anyone would prescribe tons of isolation for an absolute beginner is dumbfounded.

Plus milfs luv it pussyboi

My bad, didn't mean to shit on your profession haha. Maybe baffling wasn't the word I should've used, I just personally did better learning on my own, and y'all made some good points as to why you would pay for a PT. I'm also just jealous that I don't get to watch milfs do back squats
Two for Flinching

Postby Gimme Wafflez » Thu May 17, 2018 12:18 pm

fuck lambgoat wrote:Fitness dick in yo mouf. Amirite?

this.
Gimme Wafflez

Postby Two for Flinching » Tue May 22, 2018 6:57 am

Anyone else a fan of smoking before a workout?
Two for Flinching

Postby Scumontherun » Tue May 22, 2018 8:01 am

Two for Flinching wrote:Anyone else a fan of smoking before a workout?

I have a friend who is heavy into jie-jistu and smoke before practice all the time. I dont know how people do this
Scumontherun