anybody ever move out of the country

General discussion, shows, and everything else.

Postby The Toxic Avenger » Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:13 pm

so i have no money, no skills, a job that isn't really in demand (electrician), and want to get myself into an EU country preferably from the states. what do i gotta do? ill suck the queens dick or something.

im half joking and half considering signing up to kill people for france just to get citizenship.
The Toxic Avenger
stop me. you wont.

Postby Frederik » Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:15 pm

unless you're planning to be a student or got grandparents from the old country, you're probably going to have a pretty hard time.
Frederik

Postby macho insecurity » Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:17 pm

Roughly 4-5 months ago. A team of attorneys prepared my visa application. It's stressful enough with other people doing the tough work for me, couldn't imagine doing this alone. I've considered applying for dual citizenship, but I don't plan on living here permanently.
macho insecurity
sucked his dad's dick for free

Postby Spider Jerusalem » Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:27 pm

join the foreign legion (don't really)

look into new zealand. NZ has a lot of visa's available for people looking to move there for work, etc. their immigration website is super easy to use.
Spider Jerusalem

Postby Ryker » Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:40 pm

The Toxic Avenger wrote:so i have no money, no skills, a job that isn't really in demand (electrician), and want to get myself into an EU country preferably from the states. what do i gotta do? ill suck the queens dick or something.

im half joking and half considering signing up to kill people for france just to get citizenship.

I'll swap my identity with yours. You get EU citizenship, I get US citizenship.
Ryker

Postby macho insecurity » Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:00 pm

I'm curious how those who came to the US found the process. Was it a headache?
macho insecurity

Postby Ryker » Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:06 pm

why do NFL players smoke weed if there are rules? wrote:I'm curious how those who came to the US found the process. Was it a headache?

For me, it's a student visa so I guess it was much less of a headache than if I tried to come here directly for work. I just had to go to Calgary for an interview and to bring all documentation, and the thing I stressed about most was how to answer the question of whether I wanted to come here temporarily or for good. Because in everything I've read they were saying how you're only getting the visa if it's for a temporary stay and that your intention shouldn't be to use in order to move here later.
Ryker

Postby macho insecurity » Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:12 pm

Yeah they trained me specifically on what I was to tell customs when questioned. The process was so much easier than anticipated, just a lot of paperwork and prep.
macho insecurity

Postby Ryker » Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:16 pm

why do NFL players smoke weed if there are rules? wrote:Yeah they trained me specifically on what I was to tell customs when questioned. The process was so much easier than anticipated, just a lot of paperwork and prep.

Oh yeah, I guess I went through the same process for Canada, too, but I can't remember if I was as worried about that question as for the US. I think it was similar, but I can't say for sure. I found the US customs people way friendlier than the Canadians, though.
Ryker

Postby Howdoesitfeel » Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:39 pm

I think listing your age/amount of savings/education level/certificates/skills/etc would make it a lot easier to help you out.

If you're under 31 you have a chance to move to new zealand or australia for a year on a working holiday visa

http://www.visabureau.com/australia/wor ... -visa.aspx

https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-zea ... liday-visa

For Germany you can get a student visa if you can show you're goign to a German language school for a year and it's relatively easy to make it a full thing after that, you can also get a 6 month visa if you can show you have enough money to support yourself, or a 2 year freelance visa if you can show you're a full time artist/have some sort of freelance business.

http://www.germany-visa.org/

In Spain you can pretty much only get a visa if you're teaching English or are a student.

If you have at least a bachelors degree Asia can offer you something in just about every country, as well as latin america

Here are a few options, if you really don't have any money, but are genuinely serious about moving out of the US I would recommend spending the next year saving/getting everything together. This is probably pretty obvious, but I know of a few cases where people tried to hail mary it and only had a few months of savings and totally bombed. If you plan to continue being an electrician I think you'd probably make more in Australia as they typically pay based on qualifications and I think you'd qualify as a skilled laborer. Also think about the reasons you want to move and if it's something you need to work on at home or you're just not getting along with people then I'd say try to work out all of those things without moving away from them. Living in a foreign country is hard and with certain things will only make your problems worse, especially if you're moving to a country whose language you dont speak. I hope none of this sounds condescending but I hear people say they want to move abroad all the time but will never do it and sounds cool to say it out loud, so I'm trying to give you info that will actually help you and being real about what you may experience. If you just want to get away for a bit save up some money for travel so you don't have to deal with living abroad ceasing to be an experience and instead just being a boring day to day part of life.
Howdoesitfeel

Postby Gamblor » Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:10 pm

posting for future reference
Gamblor

Postby HOTDOGS_COMINURWAY » Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:32 pm

I lived in Prague for a year. Its super easy and also very easy to do illegally, I don't really want to talk about that on the internet tho
HOTDOGS_COMINURWAY

Postby BeatOffTheBrat » Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:37 pm

fuckin move here dickhead
BeatOffTheBrat

Postby HOTDOGS_COMINURWAY » Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:33 am

can I also move there?
HOTDOGS_COMINURWAY

Postby The Toxic Avenger » Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:31 am

Howdoesitfeel wrote:I think listing your age/amount of savings/education level/certificates/skills/etc would make it a lot easier to help you out.

If you're under 31 you have a chance to move to new zealand or australia for a year on a working holiday visa

For Germany you can get a student visa if you can show you're goign to a German language school for a year and it's relatively easy to make it a full thing after that, you can also get a 6 month visa if you can show you have enough money to support yourself, or a 2 year freelance visa if you can show you're a full time artist/have some sort of freelance business.

In Spain you can pretty much only get a visa if you're teaching English or are a student.

If you have at least a bachelors degree Asia can offer you something in just about every country, as well as latin america

Here are a few options, if you really don't have any money, but are genuinely serious about moving out of the US I would recommend spending the next year saving/getting everything together. This is probably pretty obvious, but I know of a few cases where people tried to hail mary it and only had a few months of savings and totally bombed. If you plan to continue being an electrician I think you'd probably make more in Australia as they typically pay based on qualifications and I think you'd qualify as a skilled laborer. Also think about the reasons you want to move and if it's something you need to work on at home or you're just not getting along with people then I'd say try to work out all of those things without moving away from them. Living in a foreign country is hard and with certain things will only make your problems worse, especially if you're moving to a country whose language you dont speak. I hope none of this sounds condescending but I hear people say they want to move abroad all the time but will never do it and sounds cool to say it out loud, so I'm trying to give you info that will actually help you and being real about what you may experience. If you just want to get away for a bit save up some money for travel so you don't have to deal with living abroad ceasing to be an experience and instead just being a boring day to day part of life.

i know nothing about australia and new zealand but ill do some research, the pages make their process sound relatively simple. this has been something on my mind for the past 7-ish years but never found a place that offered any sort of opportunity to someone that doesn't already have a job lined up, and most temp visas don't allow visitors to work and even find a sponsor. i would think i could use my skills as an electrician just about anywhere even if i have to start from the beginning again, but since it's just a labor job i doubt it's going to be in demand in most countries.
The Toxic Avenger
stop me. you wont.

Postby The Toxic Avenger » Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:36 am

BeatOffTheBrat wrote:fuckin move here dickhead

i did that but never saw much of the old crew, and there's just nothing to do out there anymore.
The Toxic Avenger
stop me. you wont.

Postby donuts » Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:40 am

why do NFL players smoke weed if there are rules? wrote:I'm curious how those who came to the US found the process. Was it a headache?

A LOT of paperwork, did it all myself without a lawyer so took a while to get my head round everything but wasn't too hard.
donuts

Postby Fester » Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:49 am

Why would anyone wanna leave NA? I would feel so lost in europe and people were just looking at me and whispering stuff in another language.
Fester

Postby macho insecurity » Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:30 am

I'd move to Germany for work in a heart beat. My company owns other smaller companies out there and I'd totally be on board with it for the right price.
macho insecurity

Postby Ryker » Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:20 pm

why do NFL players smoke weed if there are rules? wrote:I'd move to Germany for work in a heart beat. My company owns other smaller companies out there and I'd totally be on board with it for the right price.

Yeah, I think Germany is probably the best European country to live in.
Ryker

Postby Marcabre back from dead » Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:45 pm

The Toxic Avenger wrote:
Howdoesitfeel wrote:I think listing your age/amount of savings/education level/certificates/skills/etc would make it a lot easier to help you out.

i know nothing about australia and new zealand but ill do some research, the pages make their process sound relatively simple. this has been something on my mind for the past 7-ish years but never found a place that offered any sort of opportunity to someone that doesn't already have a job lined up, and most temp visas don't allow visitors to work and even find a sponsor. i would think i could use my skills as an electrician just about anywhere even if i have to start from the beginning again, but since it's just a labor job i doubt it's going to be in demand in most countries.

It looks like electricians are in demand in New Zealand. I checked the list for you. Remember it was this guy who told you and let me come visit you when you are there. :drink:
Marcabre back from dead

Postby BeatOffTheBrat » Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:22 am

Wages are better in Aus than NZ, but NZ rules so much harder than Aus

Both countries have a massive shortage of qualified tradespersons, sparkies here make so much money it's ridiculous
BeatOffTheBrat

Postby The Toxic Avenger » Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:13 am

wait i totally thought you were someone else my whole life a upside down
The Toxic Avenger
stop me. you wont.

Postby The Toxic Avenger » Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:13 am

what makes nz more rad than australia?
The Toxic Avenger
stop me. you wont.

Postby macho insecurity » Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:20 am

It's not Australia.
macho insecurity

Postby Stubby Clapp » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:24 am

Australians are shitty, kiwis are cool
Stubby Clapp

Postby Stubby Clapp » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:25 am

And New Zealand is beautiful even if you don't like beaches or red dirt
Stubby Clapp

Postby The Toxic Avenger » Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:26 pm

i have been googling shit all day and the only complaints about nz ive seen are groceries are kinda expensive and the country is far away from everything else. it can't be all that great.
The Toxic Avenger
stop me. you wont.

Postby slander » Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:46 pm

Yep everything is pretty expensive down here plus a tiny market (there's only 4.5 mil of us in NZ) means wages are lower than Aus. Haven't been there in years but friends who moved over there and came back after making better money don't miss it all that much.
slander

Postby BeatOffTheBrat » Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:14 am

the girls there are way hotter (I'm biased cause my missus is a kiwi)

the beer is cheaper

it's prettier

Kiwis aren't even half as racist as Aussies

they play reggae on the radio

maori folk are awesome
BeatOffTheBrat

Postby The Toxic Avenger » Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:58 am

how's city life in nz? everything online talks about the scenery and outdoor options. but like is there fun shitty dive bars, local music (punk and other), whatever in wellington auckland etc?
The Toxic Avenger
stop me. you wont.

Postby Stubby Clapp » Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:56 am

Auckland used to have a good hardcore scene when I was living there 10 or so years ago not sure about now. Wellington is a cool place in general and it seems like good bands pop up every now and then plus most international acts will roll through there.

Would recommend Wellington over Auckland 100%. It's like an LA vs San Fran type scenario
Stubby Clapp

Postby BeatOffTheBrat » Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:20 am

Wellington is great, so many awesome pubs and bars,

Yeah Aukland/Hamilton had some awesome bands in the 90s/2000s

Sommerset ruled
BeatOffTheBrat

Postby Stubby Clapp » Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:29 am

Evil Priest ftw. Brick.vs Face and The Chase were probably my favs tho.

But I digress: Wellington is dope.
Stubby Clapp