Stranger Things thread

General discussion, shows, and everything else.

Postby HOTDOGS_COMINURWAY » Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:48 pm

That accuser sounds like a world class minger
HOTDOGS_COMINURWAY

Postby The Lowest One » Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:56 pm

ButtDan316 wrote:The things that dude's using to call The Lowest One sexist are cool aspects of the show, but that's not enough to make it a great show.

It was just weird. The social context is awesome and I appreciate that about the show. It doesn't mean I have to like the show (and, really, just the second season because I loved the first) for what it is. This stuff isn't mutually exclusive.

Guy was being a knob, but oh well. I don't want to derail the thread.
The Lowest One

Postby zero tolerance » Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:01 pm

on the flip side of things, I saw a post on tumblr about how the Duffer bros forced Max to kiss Lucas and how she told the bros she felt nervous and uncomfortable beforehand and that it made them force her to do it even more. Then a bunch of replies that looked like : "those pigs" and "cancel the show"
zero tolerance

Postby Alex 2K » Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:04 pm

rowdiedondown wrote:Dude, I need to watch billy deep dick nancy’s Mom

I'd pay to see this.

Stranger After Dark
Alex 2K

Postby rwh » Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:17 pm

Season 2 was trash.
rwh

Postby rwh » Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:20 pm

Someone convince me that Winona Ryder's acting is good on this show.

Spoiler: show
It's not.
rwh

Postby rwh » Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:37 pm

Also, WTF did Billy's character add to the story?
rwh

Postby benten » Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:47 pm

Adonis wrote:be interesting to see how they write will's older brother out of it since his arrest for possession of cocaine entering LAX from the UK no doubt has him blacklisted for 10 years, if not ever, entering the usa with a work visa. Im sure netflix can afford the best attorneys but boy fucked up.

-he wasn't arrested nor was he charged with a crime / he had residue on his clothes

-he's starring in The New Mutants, he'll be just fine
benten

Postby Spider Jerusalem » Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:49 pm

rwh wrote:Also, WTF did Billy's character add to the story?

he replaced steve as the resident dick head.
Spider Jerusalem

Postby c_floyd II » Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:02 pm

zero tolerance wrote:on the flip side of things, I saw a post on tumblr about how the Duffer bros forced Max to kiss Lucas and how she told the bros she felt nervous and uncomfortable beforehand and that it made them force her to do it even more. Then a bunch of replies that looked like : "those pigs" and "cancel the show"

Did any of you guys watch the behind the scenes episode about the Snowball dance? Millie Bobby Brown talks a lot about their kissing scenes, how she helped psych Sadie Sink up to do it. It's kind of an awkward behind the scenes because they seem so young.
c_floyd II

Postby False Finish Pins » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:54 pm

Spider Jerusalem wrote:
rwh wrote:Also, WTF did Billy's character add to the story?

he replaced steve as the resident dick head.

yea, its a carbon copy "man, he's such an asshole but it comes from a place of insecurity" character.
False Finish Pins

Postby bobnewby » Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:25 am

I am so pumped on the idea of the kids who are growing up watching Stranger Things right now and how much it will influence their world view as they grow into adults. It makes me think about how awesome it was growing up reading Harry Potter and turning the same age as HP with every new book that came out. Sounds super cheesy, but it influenced my values and beliefs. It's nice to have stories being told right now like Stranger Things and IT to this next generation. Be brave and take care of your friends, kids. Things get better.

Where's the Stranger Things/Stand By Me for girls today though? It'd be tight if someone made a movie where a group of dynamic and complex girls could go on adventures too. Just a thought.
bobnewby

Postby ButtDan316 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:49 am

Someone has to be turning Paper Girls into a TV series right?
ButtDan316
Voted for Gary Johnson

Postby bobnewby » Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:00 am

ButtDan316 wrote:Someone has to be turning Paper Girls into a TV series right?

You hit the nail on the head. How great would that be?
bobnewby

Postby bobnewby » Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:03 am

funboi wrote:
zero tolerance wrote:on the flip side of things, I saw a post on tumblr about how the Duffer bros forced Max to kiss Lucas and how she told the bros she felt nervous and uncomfortable beforehand and that it made them force her to do it even more. Then a bunch of replies that looked like : "those pigs" and "cancel the show"

Did any of you guys watch the behind the scenes episode about the Snowball dance? Millie Bobby Brown talks a lot about their kissing scenes, how she helped psych Sadie Sink up to do it. It's kind of an awkward behind the scenes because they seem so young.

Felt like Chris Hansen was gonna roll out with the credits huh
bobnewby

Postby vomitponx » Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:10 pm

whyd they have to do my man bobby like that his death was totally unnecessary and so was the scene of him getting eaten wtf
and did they really need to build that shed for will i was thinking a blind fold would have done the trick

i agree with most people that im not really watching for the plot but more so that its just an enjoyable story
vomitponx

Postby DG3000 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:11 pm

rowdiedondown wrote:Dude, I need to watch billy deep dick nancy’s Mom

This is the only thing that will bring me back for season 3.
DG3000

Postby donnie_d3 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:20 pm

once you get past the 80's nostalgia, have to say season 2 kinda... meh.
donnie_d3

Postby radiatedradiation » Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:55 am

The Lowest One wrote:
rowdiedondown wrote:
The Lowest One wrote:Didn't love season 2. Enjoyed Steve's transition and development, but all in all, probably won't be back for season 3. Also got labeled sexist for not enjoying it. People are weird.

Do we even want to know how? Ha jeez

Maybe not explicitly sexist, but close enough.

Me:
Finished Stranger Things 2.
Final thoughts: I felt that it was too much rehashing - Like an unnecessary movie sequel. The sense of nostalgia couldn't keep me in it.

Steve had the best transition and development as a character and made the series watchable for me. And since I'm a diehard fan of Cyndi Lauper's "Time After Time", I loved the scene with Dustin and Nancy.

Other than that, I give it like 5/10. I don't know.

Him:
You’re not seeing the bigger picture. Step outside of your limited male opinion and see the social commentary in a feminist lens. The saviors of the second season are largely women. Investing in the power to discovered true inner strength and overcoming fear. If we watched a movie like this from the 80s, you would only see guys being the heroes. There are no true female heroes from 80s flicks, unbridaled by sexualitiation, to speak of. The brother who wrote this show are giving us more of what should been a part of the writing of our favorite 80s movies, which was string female icons.

The first season was still about victimization if women. Barb dies, Winona freaks the whole time, Eleven is a hunted animal and oppressed and tortured by her “papa”. But we gain salvation over these laments in season 2 where all said roles she’d their fear and conquer.

On a larger scale, this is a masterpiece. I loved it and can’t wait to see season 3.

:smt102

Yikes... Representation does not dictate quality. I enjoyed a lot of the characters individually and the agency some of them are given but it doesn't compensate for the sloppy narrative.
radiatedradiation

Postby mattm » Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:18 pm

vomitponx wrote:whyd they have to do my man bobby like that his death was totally unnecessary and so was the scene of him getting eaten wtf
and did they really need to build that shed for will i was thinking a blind fold would have done the trick

i agree with most people that im not really watching for the plot but more so that its just an enjoyable story

They fridged his ass for sure. Guarantee Winona will be fucking Hopper season 3.
mattm

Postby lala fuck you » Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:52 pm

why was that big muscle dude squatting around with a bunch of kids way younger that him lmao
lala fuck you

Postby Balls N' All » Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:58 pm

just finished episode four..digging billy's tunes
Balls N' All

Postby taylorm » Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:27 pm

lala fuck you wrote:why was that big muscle dude squatting around with a bunch of kids way younger that him lmao

wat
taylorm
¡yo quiero del taco!

Postby pfft! » Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:11 am

this show sucks
pfft!

Postby DG3000 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:42 am

lala fuck you wrote:why was that big muscle dude squatting around with a bunch of kids way younger that him lmao

Kai Greene isn't a day over 25... :smt004
DG3000

Previous