What's the worst celebrity encounter you've ever had?

General discussion, shows, and everything else.

Postby bluegreenmisery » Tue Oct 20, 2015 4:24 pm

Asked Ben Affleck for an autograph while he was filming Pearl Harbor and he told me to talk to his agent
bluegreenmisery
lied about having leukemia. and insulin dependent diabetes. and gout. and being a millionaire. and having liver disease. and being a generation x-er

Postby bricksandbones » Tue Oct 20, 2015 4:34 pm

Did they film that in Corpus
bricksandbones

Postby bricksandbones » Tue Oct 20, 2015 4:36 pm

In reply to the thread: I invited Andy Milonakis to my 23rd birthday party via email and he replied saying that he didn't feel comfortable attending because he'd never actually met me. That was very nice of him to reply but I'm still sad he didn't accept my invitation. :(
bricksandbones

Postby liam_m » Tue Oct 20, 2015 4:40 pm

bricksandbones wrote:In reply to the thread: I invited Andy Milonakis to my 23rd birthday party via email and he replied saying that he didn't feel comfortable attending because he'd never actually met me. That was very nice of him to reply but I'm still sad he didn't accept my invitation. :(

:smt005
liam_m

Postby taylorm » Tue Oct 20, 2015 4:46 pm

Ran into Newman from Seinfeld in the security line at LAX. It was like, 7 AM and dude was trying to stay low key before the girl I was with approached him for a picture. Dude was clearly miffed and didn't want people to notice it was him. As soon as we took the pic he pretty much stonewalled us.

Understandable under the circumstances but still the least enjoyable celeb experience.
taylorm
¡yo quiero del taco!

Postby Kitchen » Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:06 pm

I met Robert prosky when I was a kid and I was like "you were really funny in gremlins 2" and he denied being in that movie all pissed off, I watched it that night and sure enough the assholes name is in the opening credits. I'm pretty sure he's dead.
Kitchen

Postby captainsunshine » Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:15 pm

bluegreenmisery wrote:Asked Ben Affleck for an autograph while he was filming Pearl Harbor and he told me to talk to his agent

did you talk to his agent?
captainsunshine
Frasier Superfan

Postby guyfleegman » Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:33 pm

saw clive owen at the pig in whistle in manhattan and when i went to approach him i got stiff armed by the most intimidating large black man i have ever seen, did an immediate 180 and ate the worst shepherds pie i ever had. terrible night.
guyfleegman

Postby Boner In Sweatpants » Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:42 pm

taylorm wrote:Ran into Newman from Seinfeld in the security line at LAX. It was like, 7 AM and dude was trying to stay low key before the girl I was with approached him for a picture. Dude was clearly miffed and didn't want people to notice it was him. As soon as we took the pic he pretty much stonewalled us.

Understandable under the circumstances but still the least enjoyable celeb experience.

he wanted to be low key because he was holding all the dinosaur dna in that barbasol can. you almost blew his cover!
Boner In Sweatpants
Eisley Superfan

Postby c_floyd II » Tue Oct 20, 2015 7:29 pm

Boner In Sweatpants wrote:
taylorm wrote:Ran into Newman from Seinfeld in the security line at LAX. It was like, 7 AM and dude was trying to stay low key before the girl I was with approached him for a picture. Dude was clearly miffed and didn't want people to notice it was him. As soon as we took the pic he pretty much stonewalled us.

he wanted to be low key because he was holding all the dinosaur dna in that barbasol can. you almost blew his cover!

Fuck
c_floyd II

Postby beldar » Tue Oct 20, 2015 7:34 pm

you didn't say the magic word
beldar
TEMPLE OF THE 300 GIRLFRIENDS

Postby Giant Mechanical Brain » Tue Oct 20, 2015 7:44 pm

I saw Michael ironsides once and told him I loved him in scanners. He just stared at me like I was the asshole.
Giant Mechanical Brain

Postby perxhurt » Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:02 pm

Giant Mechanical Brain wrote:I saw Michael ironsides once and told him I loved him in scanners. He just stared at me like I was the asshole.

Spoiler: show
perxhurt

Postby Spider Jerusalem » Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:13 pm

Giant Mechanical Brain wrote:I saw Michael ironsides once and told him I loved him in scanners. He just stared at me like I was the asshole.

i had that same experience when i told Isaiah Washington i loved him in exit wounds.
Spider Jerusalem

Postby macho insecurity » Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:18 pm

funboi wrote:

Fuck

LOL between this and the Corpus comment, I'm dying.
macho insecurity
sucked his dad's dick for free

Postby Career Suicide » Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:23 pm

luis guzman spilled marinara sauce on my khakis
Career Suicide

Postby TheyWalkedInLine » Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:24 pm

TheyWalkedInLine

Postby Boner In Sweatpants » Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:25 pm

TheyWalkedInLine wrote:I believe DB.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0213149/locations

jess was at the uss lexington?
Boner In Sweatpants
Eisley Superfan

Postby speak your door » Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:29 pm

i once encountered jason alexander yelling at his kids around the uss intrepid, but i was too starstruck to say anything. i was also like 10 years old. so maybe he would've been nice to me had i approached him but i somehow doubt it
speak your door

Postby TheyWalkedInLine » Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:35 pm

TheyWalkedInLine wrote:I believe DB.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0213149/locations

jess was at the uss lexington?

He probably went there on a field trip with Chilly Chad in high school.
TheyWalkedInLine

Postby powerviolins » Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:21 pm

Garey Busey was in first class during a flight home from Chicago. He was mumbling some shit I didn't even know what about while I was waiting for the bathroom to open up. We made eye contact and it was awkward.
powerviolins

Postby Smashedbox 20 » Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:34 pm

powerviolins wrote:Garey Busey was in first class during a flight home from Chicago. He was mumbling some shit I didn't even know what about while I was waiting for the bathroom to open up. We made eye contact and it was awkward.
he was probably just talking about his amazon fire tv.
Smashedbox 20

Postby deviancekicksin » Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:42 pm

I've actually never had a bad celeb encounter so I'll say the most odd...

I was on Rodeo Drive in LA and was window shopping while smoking and Dustin Hoffman tapped me on my shoulder and asked to bum a cigarette. I gave him one, but I don't think he actually lit it. Just kept it in his mouth.
deviancekicksin

Postby Smashedbox 20 » Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:52 pm

didnt encounter him but closest ive been to a celebrity was when JGL went to take a piss in an alleyway around the corner from where i was standing.
Smashedbox 20

Postby gary from teen mom 2 » Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:19 pm

ill tell a nice story - like 15 years ago my boys ran into David Arquette in the NYC Toys R' Us. He was by himself and just there and my friends simply asked Dave "can you say it?" Arquette, seemingly in tune with my friends responded without hesitation "you guys are crazy, you're all like 'woo-hoo' and shit" and they all had a laugh because Airheads is the best movie ever.
gary from teen mom 2

Postby gary from teen mom 2 » Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:23 pm

oh and i once saw Dem Franchise Boyz and Jermaine Dupree in a Florida airport. I was like 18 and with my family but when i made eye contact with one of them and gave the "whats up" chin lift it was enough for the Franchise Boy to tell security to move in front of him, blocking him from my line of sight.
gary from teen mom 2

Postby taylorm » Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:25 pm

gary from teen mom 2 wrote:ill tell a nice story - like 15 years ago my boys ran into David Arquette in the NYC Toys R' Us. He was by himself and just there and my friends simply asked Dave "can you say it?" Arquette, seemingly in tune with my friends responded without hesitation "you guys are crazy, you're all like 'woo-hoo' and shit" and they all had a laugh because Airheads is the best movie ever.

God I hope this actually happened.
taylorm
¡yo quiero del taco!

Postby beldar » Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:28 pm

i would have asked for the clydesdale scale line but diff'rent strokes
beldar
TEMPLE OF THE 300 GIRLFRIENDS

Postby iamcomo » Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:30 pm

Random athletes around vacation spots, etc. Rude as fuck but they're with their families so w/e.

Saw Steven Tyler at a fair. He was getting cotton candy then bailed once someone said something.
iamcomo

Postby buildandbleed » Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:45 pm

robert brooks came to our 7th grade football practice, talked for 10 minutes, then ended with telling all of us that we would never make it to the nfl.

he was right
buildandbleed

Postby smokedout » Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:56 pm

My old job hosted the wrap party for Black Mass and I saw Adam Scott smoking a cigarette in the tent like ten feet from me. I didn't have the balls to tell him he could not smoke in the tent.

I saw that guy Elliot from Jordan's furniture at Stop n' Shop and forgot that I should have talked to him about the mix CD they play before any Imax feature. Fucking awful, includes hits like Mustang Sally, Zoot Suit Riot, and Dirty Boogie. Literally the worst pre-movie experience you will ever have.
smokedout

Postby gary from teen mom 2 » Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:14 pm

taylorm wrote:
gary from teen mom 2 wrote:ill tell a nice story - like 15 years ago my boys ran into David Arquette in the NYC Toys R' Us. He was by himself and just there and my friends simply asked Dave "can you say it?" Arquette, seemingly in tune with my friends responded without hesitation "you guys are crazy, you're all like 'woo-hoo' and shit" and they all had a laugh because Airheads is the best movie ever.

poster "speak your door" was one of the people this happened to and if im wrong may he call me out.
gary from teen mom 2

Postby Sorley Boy » Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:23 pm

When I was a kid I walked past John Walsh being a dick to a stewardess in first class. I don't know what about, but he had this really condescending, hostile tone that still makes me angry when I think about it. Once a cop I guess.
Sorley Boy

Postby Boner In Sweatpants » Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:24 pm

Sorley Boy wrote:When I was a kid I walked past John Walsh being a dick to a stewardess in first class. I don't know what about, but he had this really condescending, hostile tone that still makes me angry when I think about it. Once a cop I guess.

Maybe the stewardess had info on who killed his kid.
Boner In Sweatpants
Eisley Superfan

Postby gary from teen mom 2 » Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:29 pm

Sorley Boy wrote:When I was a kid I walked past John Walsh being a dick to a stewardess in first class. I don't know what about, but he had this really condescending, hostile tone that still makes me angry when I think about it. Once a cop I guess.

gary from teen mom 2

Postby Sorley Boy » Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:33 pm

Haha. As far as I could tell he felt he should be served a drink before takeoff or some similar bs. He was also wearing that black leather jacket despite being inside a plane in Florida in late spring.
Sorley Boy

Postby gary from teen mom 2 » Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:37 pm

Sorley Boy wrote:Haha. As far as I could tell he felt he should be served a drink before takeoff or some similar bs.

i actually think thats pretty standard in first class.
gary from teen mom 2

Postby wegotdome » Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:38 pm

Ran into Elliot Spitzer and his daughter jogging in Lake Placid while he was still Governor of NY, before he fucked up. The situation was and is funny to me in ways I can't seem to explain. Something about his shitty attitude I guess.
wegotdome

Postby gary from teen mom 2 » Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:40 pm

"carlos danger"
gary from teen mom 2

Postby speak your door » Wed Oct 21, 2015 4:31 am

gary from teen mom 2 wrote:
taylorm wrote:

poster "speak your door" was one of the people this happened to and if im wrong may he call me out.

yeah this really happened, dude was mad cool with getting harassed by a bunch of teenage hardcore kids so that makes him okay in my book
speak your door

Postby Roofies Pizza » Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:35 am

Jim Caviezel. Dude played Judas Priest in that Mel Gibson movie about jesus. He was the main soldier in The Thin Red Line. Before he played any major roles, he played on my dads basketball team. We were in California, and this was when he was filming for "Diggstown" starring Danny Glover. Anyway, we were at a Sizzler and I was starstruck. I was also an Cornell graduate 10-year-old-kid. The pretty sexy waitress seated us and I point to Jim and say "this is a real movie star". She stopped and asked Jim "oh yeah, what movies have you been in?". I then realized I had fucked up.

He said some stuff to her. She walked away. He turned to me and goes (paraphrasing) "please do not mention that I act in movies to anyone in public ever again".

I was crushed. I was so extremely embarrassed. When The Thin Red Line came out a few years later, I coudnt help hearing his concerned voice basically telling me to "shut the fuck up" throughout the whole movie.
Roofies Pizza
antifa superfan

Postby keep_it_real » Wed Oct 21, 2015 6:19 am

oh man.

spenny from kenny vs spenny used to come in my work, all incognito'd out with sunglasses and a hat and shit.

one time i finally had the gall to be like "hey, nice to see you, spencer rice!", and his gf/wife was all "ohhh have you seen his new showw????". I was like "nahhhh"

next time he didn't come in the shop, but sat in his car. So I waved at him from the window.

he never came back.

met chad kroeger at edgefest 2000, before nickelback was famous (they headlined the next year). he hugged my friend and i, demanded we take a picture with him, and invited us to his bus. we declined, but that photo is my holy grail, i wish i could find it.
keep_it_real

Postby thathorates » Wed Oct 21, 2015 6:38 am

Saw Tate Donovan walking on 8th ave in Manhattan like ten years ago, two girls we were with told him how much they loved the OC and my friend and I just said "Love Potion no. 9" and he just gave us the biggest smile and thumbs up.
thathorates

Postby almosthome » Wed Oct 21, 2015 6:52 am

Peter Mayhew was kind of a dick to me and it has changed the way I look at Chewbacca. Although I don't entirely blame him, he came to my town on an island in the middle of nowhere to be a guest at a very, very small con in the basement of a Holiday Inn. We wanted to get a picture with my friends but they didn't arrive til around 5:00, when he was packing up to leave. I asked him for a picture and he begrudgingly agreed and told me to make it quick, and I asked him for an autograph for my friend who couldn't make it and he said "No. You're lucky you're getting a picture."
almosthome

Postby oceanwaves » Wed Oct 21, 2015 7:15 am

Smashedbox 20 wrote:didnt encounter him but closest ive been to a celebrity was when JGL went to take a piss in an alleyway around the corner from where i was standing.

I def would have tried to get a peek at his peen. JGL is so gd hot.
oceanwaves

Postby rickybomb » Wed Oct 21, 2015 7:16 am

thathorates wrote:Saw Tate Donovan walking on 8th ave in Manhattan like ten years ago, two girls we were with told him how much they loved the OC and my friend and I just said "Love Potion no. 9" and he just gave us the biggest smile and thumbs up.

I think you misread the thread title.
rickybomb

Postby cephcarn4 » Wed Oct 21, 2015 7:25 am

When radiohead played a small theater tour in 06 I was somehow able to manage a front row center seat from ticketmaster. Person who ended up sitting next to me was nicole hilton & a friend of hers. From the moment radiohead went on to the second they finished she didn't stop talking. she would ask me the title of every single song and kept asking me random radiohead questions.
cephcarn4
Ether - (Fuck Jay Z)

Postby c_floyd II » Wed Oct 21, 2015 7:28 am

Danny Kass and a few other pros on the Vans/Grenade snowboard team were doing a demo at our local boardshop for Revenge of the Grenerds when I was 16. He was a pretty big idol of mine UNTIL he invited my girlfriend onto the tour bus (she was 15). Being 16 I knew all about what goes down on the bus, considering I grew up listening to Frank Zappa. My girlfriend seemed to think otherwise and I guilt tripped her a little. The dudes preyed upon all the 14-16 year old chicks there, some warped tour shit with their tour bus.
c_floyd II

Postby antipasto » Wed Oct 21, 2015 7:30 am

almosthome wrote:Peter Mayhew was kind of a dick to me and it has changed the way I look at Chewbacca. Although I don't entirely blame him, he came to my town on an island in the middle of nowhere to be a guest at a very, very small con in the basement of a Holiday Inn. We wanted to get a picture with my friends but they didn't arrive til around 5:00, when he was packing up to leave. I asked him for a picture and he begrudgingly agreed and told me to make it quick, and I asked him for an autograph for my friend who couldn't make it and he said "No. You're lucky you're getting a picture."

That's a bummer. When my friends and I were teenagers we would go to the comic con in San Diego and he would always be sitting outside where it was empty trying to get away from all the people but he was always super friendly with us and never seemed to mind us talking to him
antipasto

Postby Last Rites » Wed Oct 21, 2015 7:36 am

Mentioned this in an earlier thread probably a year or 2 ago, but I worked at Sam Goody while in college. And Redman would come in pretty consistently to buy any hip hop/R&B on New Release Day (Tuesdays). It was him and his girl and they'd buy ANYTHING on that tuesday.

After like 7 straight weeks of ringing him up on Tuesdays, he asks me my name and I tell him Chris and he just says, "Damn Chris, they workin you like a motherfucker, you always here". Over the next few times, he'd bullshit with me and ask me for any suggestions. I sold him "Wish" by The Cure and told him to listen to Hatebreed's "Satisfaction Is The Death Of Desire" but he wouldn't bite on that one. Something about it looking too angry for him.

This is not really the worst at all. Just wanted to share this. Didn't have any terrible experiences that I can think of. When I was bartending, a bunch of the NJ Devils would come in. And I'd see them shoot down people looking for pictures/autographs because they were out and such. It is funny though that with athletes, it really depends on day of the week it seems as they tip either really good or really shitty. No in between.
Last Rites

Next