stolen valor videos

General discussion, shows, and everything else.

Postby gary from teen mom 2 » Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:11 pm

i could watch these all fucking day. i really dont think i find anything sweeter. it takes a real nut job/piece of shit to impersonate a soldier.

heres my favorite

heres a bunch more

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGDj7T ... i1g/videos
gary from teen mom 2

Postby gary from teen mom 2 » Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:16 pm

"So you shop at the mall with Sergeant Major on black friday?"
"sometimes"

oh my god that has to be the most humiliating thing to ever go through. how embarassing.
gary from teen mom 2

Postby smokeshazam » Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:57 pm

smokeshazam

Postby breakXbarriers » Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:11 pm

fuck these are awkward.

I'm kind of confused though - do the people making these videos just go out and confront people wearing uniforms in public? like what if they start questioning somebody who actually was in the military? I figure most people wearing their uniforms out in public aren't lying, and you'll kind of just look like a douche trying to call people out
breakXbarriers

Postby TheyWalkedInLine » Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:16 pm

These give me all sorts of awkward anxiety.
TheyWalkedInLine

Postby quixotic » Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:23 pm

I watched 2 of these like 6 months ago and youtube will NOT stop suggesting me new ones.
quixotic

Postby Frederik » Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:41 pm

Yikes.
Frederik

Postby Hungry like the wolf » Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:06 am

those are full of just ughh anxiety why the fuck shit but i mean. who really cares.
Hungry like the wolf

Postby theb00box » Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:08 am

Jackson and Jackson
theb00box
joey haircuts

Postby gary from teen mom 2 » Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:12 am

breakXbarriers wrote:fuck these are awkward.

I'm kind of confused though - do the people making these videos just go out and confront people wearing uniforms in public? like what if they start questioning somebody who actually was in the military? I figure most people wearing their uniforms out in public aren't lying, and you'll kind of just look like a douche trying to call people out

they are usually made by former service members who pick up on things that are off about the person in question that only a trained eye/ear would notice. Patches and medals in places they shouldn't be, stories of tours and missions that can easily be poked through with just a few questions. I have no idea, but i assume that if you see another soldier out in public and the guy is in full uniform, panhandling or just peacocking for attention youre going to give him the once over. Im sure most of the people who find the fakes do so while they are checking the guy out in anticipation of having a conversation with a fellow tribe member.

I think its become more popular to shame the person on camera or vocally in front of a crowd and have a witness record as everyone ended up with a video camera in their pockets. The videos get a lot of heat on youtube and there are websites and message boards dedicated to sharing videos/personal accounts of catching someone in the act of "stealing valor". I know there are websites where people upload real names and pictures of people who do this shit serially. look at the hall of shame on this website.
http://guardianofvalor.com/

with the exception of nut cakes with real mental issues if youre caught walking around in uniform pretending to be a fucking service member then you deserve to be outed and humiliated in the worst way possible.
gary from teen mom 2

Postby ollyisk » Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:33 am

I'm not sure who this is more embarrassing for...

The person that's faking the funk? The person that's calling them out? Or all of us for watching these videos?
ollyisk
LOVES NOT HAVING A TITLE

Postby smokeshazam » Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:36 am

smokeshazam

Postby Mouth Of The South » Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:42 am

jesus these are hard to watch
Mouth Of The South

Postby Frederik » Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:56 am

smokeshazam wrote:

.......whoa
Frederik

Postby Frederik » Thu Apr 02, 2015 1:05 am

watching these videos, most of these people seem mentally ill.
Frederik

Postby gary from teen mom 2 » Thu Apr 02, 2015 1:08 am

Frederik wrote:

"i much fear serious trouble in the fuselage, Frederick! Help me out, whats the other guy saying?"
" i much fear theres some nut trying to read your lips!"
gary from teen mom 2

Postby Mouth Of The South » Thu Apr 02, 2015 1:09 am

i totally can't stop watching them. some of them seem mentally disturbed, but some of them are definitely con artists. either way, it's a pretty fucked up thing to lie about
Mouth Of The South

Postby Mouth Of The South » Thu Apr 02, 2015 1:26 am

jesus this kid gets annihilated
Mouth Of The South

Postby Roofies Pizza » Thu Apr 02, 2015 1:27 am

I call people out all the time. Catching a liar/fake service member is so fun. People get so goddamn pissed when they know theyre caught.
Roofies Pizza
antifa superfan

Postby Mouth Of The South » Thu Apr 02, 2015 1:31 am

haha over half the videos i've watched the fakers pull out their phone and fuck with it. so awkward..
Mouth Of The South

Postby the losing kind » Thu Apr 02, 2015 2:03 am

Shits so good. I work in a high concentration area of bars and a couple of vets started a company staffing other vets at doors to get them some decent pay so literally all the doors but maybe one are staffed by vets. They are all killer dudes and I have a lot of contact with them. My step brother died in Afghanistan so they are cool with talking shop with me. I would always call out dudes trying to get special favors by showing a military ID and when they would try to get all hard with me because I never served, they would be there to back me up and the ones trying to get special treatment would always back down. Anyone who wants special treatment from serving is a straight up asshole who didnt do shit while deployed and they will always cower to anyone who calls them out.
the losing kind
friend of the devil

Postby lurkin hard or hardly lur » Thu Apr 02, 2015 2:14 am

Mouth Of The South wrote:jesus this kid gets annihilated

lurkin hard or hardly lur

Postby gary from teen mom 2 » Thu Apr 02, 2015 2:15 am

Mouth Of The South wrote:haha over half the videos i've watched the fakers pull out their phone and fuck with it. so awkward..

Yeah I noticed that too haha. Either a fake phone call or trying to make it look like they're doing something when you know they're just scrolling through their app pages trying not to throw up.
gary from teen mom 2

Postby Hungry like the wolf » Thu Apr 02, 2015 2:23 am

lurkin hard or hardly lur wrote:

homie said pick up your blouse
Hungry like the wolf

Postby Hungry like the wolf » Thu Apr 02, 2015 2:25 am

but really someone wanna wear a uniform to get someoen eto come up and smile them and be nice to them who am i to give a shit.
Hungry like the wolf

Postby Roofies Pizza » Thu Apr 02, 2015 3:03 am

smokeshazam wrote:

This is the inception of fake videos
Roofies Pizza
antifa superfan

Postby RealVile » Thu Apr 02, 2015 6:56 am

I had no idea this was even a thing
RealVile

Postby AwwHellYeah » Thu Apr 02, 2015 7:21 am

smokeshazam wrote:

Is the marine in this video saying he almost died in boot camp? Doesnt seem like something I would shove in the face of a gamestop employee.
AwwHellYeah

Postby X-cement-filled-bottle-X » Thu Apr 02, 2015 7:50 am

Hungry like the wolf wrote:but really someone wanna wear a uniform to get someoen eto come up and smile them and be nice to them who am i to give a shit.

theyre looking for more than just a smile and a wave, they try to receive benefits and other compensations that are afforded to military veterans.

Fuck all of these people.
X-cement-filled-bottle-X

Postby skeephop » Thu Apr 02, 2015 7:55 am

these videos are so funny. i want to make some kind of parody video of these, just because of how funny it would be to watch these kind of scenes play out in any other context. i get it though, that military people have a lot of pride and yada yada yada. i think i just like when the guys are going "STOLEN VALOR! STOLEN VALOR!" as if anybody around them knows what the hell they're talking about.
skeephop
hosebeast jr.

Postby Kenny Fury » Thu Apr 02, 2015 7:57 am

Some dude questioned me once about an Air Force jacket I was wearing at the gas station and I could tell it was a stolen valor concern. I guess the patches on the jacket don't match up to my age or something (I actually made a thread on this board once asking if I should cut them off). He didn't have a camera, and wasn't impolite, but asked if I was active duty, etc etc.
Kenny Fury

Postby skeephop » Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:02 am

Kenny Fury wrote:Some dude questioned me once about an Air Force jacket I was wearing at the gas station and I could tell it was a stolen valor concern. I guess the patches on the jacket don't match up to my age or something (I actually made a thread on this board once asking if I should cut them off). He didn't have a camera, and wasn't impolite, but asked if I was active duty, etc etc.

WHERE WERE YOU SERVING?!?!

WHERE DID YOU DO BASIC?!?! HUH!?!?!

THEY DON'T EVEN HAVE IT THERE!!!
skeephop
hosebeast jr.

Postby friedpandahearts » Thu Apr 02, 2015 10:49 am

I think if this kid was wearing a Blackhawks jersey and some dude came up to him on the street and said LOVE THE JERSEY MAN WHAT POSITION YOU PLAY!?!?! he probably would have made up some shit about how he's a professional hockey player. Dude clearly isn't playing with a full deck.

Mall guy was probably just trying to get military discounts though. Fuck him.
friedpandahearts

Postby breakXbarriers » Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:17 am

Roofies Pizza wrote:I call people out all the time. Catching a liar/fake service member is so fun. People get so goddamn pissed when they know theyre caught.

lol, how often does this actually happen? I don't exactly see people in military everyday
breakXbarriers

Postby degradation » Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:25 am

i am under the assumption that roughly 80% of "stolen valor" videos are fake. some of them feature embarrassingly bad acting on part of the camera holder.
degradation
BIGGEST ASSHOLE ON THE B9 EVER!!!!111!!!

Postby Brett SD » Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:52 am

In a country that has a hard on for military culture and violence this shit isn't surprising. It still induces massive douche chills though.

I'm sure we all knew at least one kid growing up that touted himself as a "future Marine/Air Force Pararescue/Ranger."
Brett SD
shamwow dick

Postby smokeshazam » Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:00 pm

Kenny Fury wrote:Some dude questioned me once about an Air Force jacket I was wearing at the gas station and I could tell it was a stolen valor concern. I guess the patches on the jacket don't match up to my age or something (I actually made a thread on this board once asking if I should cut them off). He didn't have a camera, and wasn't impolite, but asked if I was active duty, etc etc.

I had this awesome navy shirt with an anchor that I used to wear sometimes, my grandpa was in the navy in ww2 and I figured that shirt was for sale in a walmart so that anyone could support them- but so many navy dudes would come up to me thinking i was their comrade and then bummed when I said I wasnt so I retired it.
smokeshazam

Postby bluegreenmisery » Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:01 pm

I'm more annoyed by real service members who wear uniforms in public. I don't know what the other branches' policies are, but it's actually illegal for marines to wear their uniforms in public yet I occasionally see it. Several years ago I was taking classes at a local community college and a guy I went to high school with would sometimes show up wearing his digis.
bluegreenmisery
lied about having leukemia. and insulin dependent diabetes. and gout. and being a millionaire. and having liver disease. and being a generation x-er

Postby Hungry like the wolf » Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:07 pm

X-cement-filled-bottle-X wrote:
Hungry like the wolf wrote:but really someone wanna wear a uniform to get someoen eto come up and smile them and be nice to them who am i to give a shit.

theyre looking for more than just a smile and a wave, they try to receive benefits and other compensations that are afforded to military veterans.

Fuck all of these people.

can't knock the hustle.
Hungry like the wolf

Postby smokeshazam » Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:08 pm

smokeshazam

Postby degradation » Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:20 pm

bluegreenmisery wrote:I'm more annoyed by real service members who wear uniforms in public. I don't know what the other branches' policies are, but it's actually illegal for marines to wear their uniforms in public yet I occasionally see it. Several years ago I was taking classes at a local community college and a guy I went to high school with would sometimes show up wearing his digis.

this shit annoys me to no end. i don't care about the tradition/security aspect of it, it's just so douchey. it was looked down on for us to even wear our camo while pumping gas on the way to our base, yet i see army/air force dorks in line at the movie theater in their BDUs... dude, go home and put real clothes on you fucking try-hard braggart. it's comparable to an off-duty firefighter going out for the night in his jumper and little red hat. get a life.
degradation
BIGGEST ASSHOLE ON THE B9 EVER!!!!111!!!

Postby FIRST BORN PHARAOH'S SON » Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:24 pm

Im in the military, and honestly i think these dudes pretending are so funny. Their downfall is that they're always so over the top with it, they always pretend to be in some special operations unit and then do zero research as to how to actually wear the uniform. So ridiculous.

95% of people wearing their uniform in public are just nerds fishing for attention. It really bothers me, honestly more than some nutjob "stealing valor". If I was to wear my uniform on a flight or out to eat and a dude from my unit saw me I would get absolutely shit on by everyone.
FIRST BORN PHARAOH'S SON

Postby Brett SD » Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:26 pm

REMF's gotta get that respect they feel due somehow.

We had a security guard that worked our block that was one of these dudes. Bloused his boots, rolled his sleeves up his pasty ass arms, and was always bragging about something. If it wasn't about being in the military it was about being the best assistant manager K-Mart ever had.
Brett SD
shamwow dick

Postby donnie_d3 » Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:41 pm

someone else is perpetrating a fraud in this video...

donnie_d3

Postby xpatx » Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:55 pm

bluegreenmisery wrote:I'm more annoyed by real service members who wear uniforms in public. I don't know what the other branches' policies are, but it's actually illegal for marines to wear their uniforms in public yet I occasionally see it. Several years ago I was taking classes at a local community college and a guy I went to high school with would sometimes show up wearing his digis.

I can't answer for all branches but I had a friend that was in the coast guard academy and if he was off base and within 50 miles of it he was required to wear his uniform. I also live very close to a military base and see people in their uniforms daily so I'm assuming they may have the same policy.
xpatx
putric

Postby donnie_d3 » Thu Apr 02, 2015 1:30 pm

dogdicksummer wrote:

This is why people do it, this lady immediately starts defending that guy then it gets into a pissing contest of who's lost more friends and family.

Thanks for your service, but it's volunteer. Don't brag about it.

dude looks like he may be going hunting or maybe he just likes camo. definitely not trying too hard to "steal valor" from anyone.

i pitty the fool who sez something to this true american patriot.
donnie_d3

Postby gregor samsa » Thu Apr 02, 2015 1:37 pm

new favorite thread
gregor samsa
Bleaches his cheerio

Postby AwwHellYeah » Thu Apr 02, 2015 1:55 pm

dogdicksummer wrote:

This is why people do it, this lady immediately starts defending that guy then it gets into a pissing contest of who's lost more friends and family.

Thanks for your service, but it's volunteer. Don't brag about it.

Somebody collected a ring at :45
AwwHellYeah

Postby Sorley Boy » Thu Apr 02, 2015 2:08 pm

I wonder if people came back from the Bulge and went around pestering people in malls for possibly exaggerating their military service.
Sorley Boy

Postby ChangexofxIdeas » Thu Apr 02, 2015 2:13 pm

On a somewhat related note, if you're blousing your trousers and you're not either active duty and in uniform or in a shitty RAC band you're entire fucking up in life.
ChangexofxIdeas
Danger Play Enthusiast

Next