most violent shows you been to

General discussion, shows, and everything else.

Postby comomayamo » Wed Oct 08, 2014 11:31 am

whats the most violent show you have ever been to? videos are cool also. mine was a billy club sandwich show back in 2012

comomayamo

Postby dirthelmet » Wed Oct 08, 2014 11:32 am

More like camo-mayomo
dirthelmet

Postby comomayamo » Wed Oct 08, 2014 2:06 pm

dirthelmet wrote:More like camo-mayomo

hehehe
comomayamo

Postby born to die » Wed Oct 08, 2014 2:10 pm

joyce manor
born to die
tried to do the right thing

Postby BETRAYED BY LIFE » Wed Oct 08, 2014 2:13 pm

Merauder / Cro Mags, got kicked so hard in the stomach I stopped breathing for like a minute.
BETRAYED BY LIFE

Postby silence » Wed Oct 08, 2014 2:26 pm

born to die wrote:joyce manor

more like joyce manners
amirite
silence

Postby born to die » Wed Oct 08, 2014 2:36 pm

:smt005
born to die
tried to do the right thing

Postby macho insecurity » Wed Oct 08, 2014 2:38 pm

Agnostic Front at the Showcase in corona circa 2006?

Aryan skins and sharpies both in the same venue. I watched from the balcony.
macho insecurity
sucked his dad's dick for free

Postby Last Rites » Wed Oct 08, 2014 2:51 pm

Pretty much any show at Castle Heights
Last Rites

Postby the sandcub » Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:43 pm

converge/the red chord/genghis tron/coliseum at the meridian in 2008(?). there was a dude there (he was tall and solidly built) that i had seen at past shows and he would run around and crowd kill and basically destroy people for looking at him. coliseum played and they were great but the place was still mostly empty and calm. it started filling up as genghis tron was setting up and they started playing and they killed all the lights and had some wild light show on stage that was cool. i happened to glance over and noticed the crowd killing dude, when i strobe light flashed i saw through the hole in his ear and recognized him and was like 'oh fuck'. i was 16 and meek and did not want to get pounded on. he went around smashing people, which was worse because you couldn't see shit and knocked over the lights on stage, generally acting like an asshole. the red chord came on and with them came the lights so i could track him at all times and i felt a little safer but the music was heavier so he was punching harder and faster and finally, between songs, some big dude turned at started staring at him. crowd killer stared back and shook his head/slit throat gesture. the song started and crowd killer charged the dude and started beating him, but the big dude held his ground and from what i could tell, took him the fuck out. i'm sure he took some hits but he restrained him and helped the bouncers get him out of there. so he was gone and i thought i was finally safe. i had never seen converge before.

the place was all of the sudden packed and trying to move to the front. it went dark and everyone went nuts. people were stage diving before the band even came on stage. when the finally did come out, they did so one by one, jake being the last, and when they came out (they each came out like a minute apart) they would start playing their instrument, which eventually turned into an intro, which led to the already hyped crowd going even more bonkers. jake finally ran out and the place erupted and the crowd collapsed upon itself and things got fuzzy and then i found myself in the back. i sat on the top of a booth and just took everything in. i had never seen anything like it. it was incredible. they closed with jane doe.

this probably pales in comparison to most stories that will be posted/are often posted but it's a really nostalgic moment that i will never forget.
the sandcub
kiss from a rose

Postby Sal Fasano's Mustache » Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:54 pm

Was at that shitty festival in Toledo last year where Every Time I Die's set was cut short by someone firing a gun.

Also I've never seen more fights at a single show than I did seeing The Hold Steady. Why.
Sal Fasano's Mustache

Postby B u g s » Wed Oct 08, 2014 4:22 pm

Sal Fasano's Mustache wrote:Was at that shitty festival in Toledo last year where Every Time I Die's set was cut short by someone firing a gun.

Wow, what a rude, thoughtless little pig.
B u g s

Postby DarkMatter » Wed Oct 08, 2014 4:56 pm

Probably the Recon/Thick As Blood/The Miles Between/bunch of locals show I went to in like 2007? People were swinging milk crates and chairs and shit.
DarkMatter

Postby pessimism » Wed Oct 08, 2014 5:00 pm

Hmm... when Cro Mags rolled through Seattle in 07? Skins, long hairs, punks, randos. fights every 5 seconds.

Played with Blood For Blood in Boise a few years back. the local punk band had a straight up gnarly punk crew. The hardcore kids were all in crews. there were skins, straight edge gangs wearing hockeymasks. Saw this kid in a hockey mask trying to fight a punk and he got kicked so hard his knee turned around backwards. i almost barfed when i heard the kid scream.

at this same show this huge bully dude (who i overheard on the phone in the bathroom saying "yeah they're here, get the dudes down here now") kept picking on this kid and making him dance and if the kid didnt dance he would shove him back into the pit. Finally some friend of the little kid goes up to tell the bully guy its not cool and to stop and the bully guy just chokes the kid by his throat and pushes him on the ground. took like 5 people to get him off the kid.
pessimism

Postby SWEITY » Wed Oct 08, 2014 5:00 pm

*Coa chain mosh*
SWEITY

Postby StabMasterArson » Wed Oct 08, 2014 5:13 pm

Hatebreed, Poison the Well and Bane at the Glasshouse in 2002. I've never seen anything like it in my life then and still to this day.
StabMasterArson

Postby markct » Wed Oct 08, 2014 5:58 pm

I know this is a easy answer.. But Hatebreed in ct/mass

Blood everywhere..

But total, most violent? Easy

Maybe hatebreed.. Can't recall.. But

Earth crisis
Blood for blood
Skarhead

El n gee. Ct

Emt's were seriously winded carting people out of there
markct

Postby PaulKersey » Wed Oct 08, 2014 6:02 pm

Sal Fasano's Mustache wrote:Was at that shitty festival in Toledo last year where Every Time I Die's set was cut short by someone firing a gun.

Also I've never seen more fights at a single show than I did seeing The Hold Steady. Why.

Never heard about that ETID story.

And The Hold Steady? Although it surprises me somewhat, that whole "drunk poet" vibe that Craig gives off tells me that their crowd is probably pretty drunk all the time.
PaulKersey

Postby Losing Battle » Wed Oct 08, 2014 6:14 pm

Ron Artest wrote:Slayer.
Losing Battle

Postby JoshWrath » Wed Oct 08, 2014 6:17 pm

Earth Crisis
Madball
Blood for Blood
Skarhead

I think that tour was violent everywhere.

Hatebreed
Arch Enemy

in Chico on an off date of Ozzfest. Fights all night long
JoshWrath

Postby Lil Meatsauce » Wed Oct 08, 2014 6:24 pm

terror opening for sick of it all and i dont remember the venue but this kid stole a bunch of terrors cds then tried to sell them back to terror...didnt end so well for the kid. same show police came with helicopters and i remember seeing kids get tasered.
Lil Meatsauce

Postby eatroffles » Wed Oct 08, 2014 6:58 pm

doremi wrote:

Wasn't at this show, but the video of this set always makes me laugh.

God this set is incredible. So many gifs could come out of it.

https://www.facebook.com/Barbaric856
eatroffles
SECRET SANTA STIFFER

Postby sharkfromjaws » Wed Oct 08, 2014 7:10 pm

Anytime I have seen Living Hell they have brought such an angry pit. Their guitarist never hesitated to kick the shit out of anyone. I watched COA at UB08 mosh for Living Hell, dude didn't care hit everything and everyone. Loved every minute of it.
sharkfromjaws

Postby lala fuck you » Wed Oct 08, 2014 7:31 pm

B u g s wrote:

Wow, what a rude, thoughtless little pig.

i dont blame him
lala fuck you

Postby JareDestroyer » Wed Oct 08, 2014 7:36 pm

sharkfromjaws wrote:Anytime I have seen Living Hell they have brought such an angry pit. Their guitarist never hesitated to kick the shit out of anyone. I watched COA at UB08 mosh for Living Hell, dude didn't care hit everything and everyone. Loved every minute of it.

One of my favorite sets from that weekend.
JareDestroyer

Postby donnie_d3 » Wed Oct 08, 2014 7:46 pm

markct wrote:I know this is a easy answer.. But Hatebreed in ct/mass

Blood everywhere..

Earth crisis
Blood for blood
Skarhead

El n gee. Ct

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_iSWgp0q9A

violent, yes, but not even the most violent show i saw in 1995.
donnie_d3

Postby pontius » Wed Oct 08, 2014 7:58 pm

the recent code orange kids show was pretty violent at Los globos here in LA. I was upfront head banging and first song I got cracked across the face and chipped my tooth. It was cool.
pontius

Postby oldorder » Wed Oct 08, 2014 7:58 pm

Some really stupid package tour that I think Metal Blade put on. Two bands with breakdowns (The Red Chord was one of them, the other was good too) and 3 shitty ozzfest bands including the headliner. I come in during one of the shitty bands, see a bunch of push moshing and people I recognized from the hardcore scene chilling and think "he we go, first breakdown this place is gonna go off." Sure enough the shitty band finishes and come the first breakdown at least a dozen fights break out. Not the most violent in a moshing sense, but definitely the most fights I've seen at a single show, including one where my friend gets suckerpunched and his girlfriend goes off on the dude and he's just taking punches to the face from a woman a foot shorter than him with this dumb look on his face, scared to hit a woman or just shocked at what's happening.
oldorder
would rather die than not eat Taco Bell

Postby Heathenist » Wed Oct 08, 2014 8:01 pm

JareDestroyer wrote:
sharkfromjaws wrote:Anytime I have seen Living Hell they have brought such an angry pit. Their guitarist never hesitated to kick the shit out of anyone. I watched COA at UB08 mosh for Living Hell, dude didn't care hit everything and everyone. Loved every minute of it.

I mostly remember COA trying to jump up and grab the balcony multiple times during the set for his own band, and falling and busting his ass every damn time.
Heathenist

Postby c_floyd II » Wed Oct 08, 2014 8:01 pm

Ive seen some violent Donnybrook and Terror shows, COA, Shere Khan, Since the Flood, Black My Heart, anything at romans/tigers den '03-'05. Cutthroat at New Direction probably 2005. Lots of New England crews hurting one another for the hell of it. Shows at the Bombshelter were dark and violent. A lot of it slips my mind now.
c_floyd II

Postby sharkfromjaws » Wed Oct 08, 2014 8:13 pm

Heathenist wrote:
JareDestroyer wrote:

I mostly remember COA trying to jump up and grab the balcony multiple times during the set for his own band, and falling and busting his ass every damn time.

That "Micha" covered sealed it. Definitely my favorite set from that year
sharkfromjaws

Postby plasticbomb » Wed Oct 08, 2014 9:54 pm

Saw Bulldoze last year. Witnessed a euro drop kick someone in the face. Also saw an older dude ko'd, his eyes were wide open but they had rolled to the back of his head so he looked possessed or some shit. I think 3 or 4 people went to hospital after the show, ambulances were called as well. Pretty nutty.
plasticbomb
won the league in black and white

Postby Haystack » Wed Oct 08, 2014 11:38 pm

Hatebreed/bulldoze at krome. It's on YouTube. Also at KROME, unearth in the side room.
Haystack

Postby xjesperx » Wed Oct 08, 2014 11:41 pm

silence wrote:

more like joyce manners
amirite

xjesperx

Postby suicide design » Wed Oct 08, 2014 11:51 pm

why do NFL players smoke weed if there are rules? wrote:Agnostic Front at the Showcase in corona circa 2006?

Aryan skins and sharpies both in the same venue. I watched from the balcony.

i remember hearing about this from a friend who went and said it was ridiculous on the floor
suicide design

Postby vomitponx » Thu Oct 09, 2014 12:05 am

probably terror, the warriors, trapped under ice, and death before dishonor in 2008 there was fights everywhere i saw some metal kid get choked out while simultaneously getting his head stomped
vomitponx

Postby Roofies Pizza » Thu Oct 09, 2014 12:46 am

Any Hatebreed show that involve Nazi bros being idiots. I have had my nose busted 4 times at hardcore shows. 1 was at Hatebreed and that was the one I thought was most violent and insane with full out brawls that security didnt do shit to break up. I loved every minute looking back.

Another time was Shattered Relm show with (from what I remember) Blood stands still. This was in 2005 I think.
Roofies Pizza
antifa superfan

Postby thriftstore underwear » Thu Oct 09, 2014 12:58 am

thriftstore underwear

Postby REALM_of_CHAOS » Thu Oct 09, 2014 5:22 am

the sandcub wrote:converge/the red chord/genghis tron/coliseum at the meridian in 2008(?). there was a dude there (he was tall and solidly built) that i had seen at past shows and he would run around and crowd kill and basically destroy people for looking at him. coliseum played and they were great but the place was still mostly empty and calm. it started filling up as genghis tron was setting up and they started playing and they killed all the lights and had some wild light show on stage that was cool. i happened to glance over and noticed the crowd killing dude, when i strobe light flashed i saw through the hole in his ear and recognized him and was like 'oh fuck'. i was 16 and meek and did not want to get pounded on. he went around smashing people, which was worse because you couldn't see shit and knocked over the lights on stage, generally acting like an asshole. the red chord came on and with them came the lights so i could track him at all times and i felt a little safer but the music was heavier so he was punching harder and faster and finally, between songs, some big dude turned at started staring at him. crowd killer stared back and shook his head/slit throat gesture. the song started and crowd killer charged the dude and started beating him, but the big dude held his ground and from what i could tell, took him the fuck out. i'm sure he took some hits but he restrained him and helped the bouncers get him out of there. so he was gone and i thought i was finally safe. i had never seen converge before.

the place was all of the sudden packed and trying to move to the front. it went dark and everyone went nuts. people were stage diving before the band even came on stage. when the finally did come out, they did so one by one, jake being the last, and when they came out (they each came out like a minute apart) they would start playing their instrument, which eventually turned into an intro, which led to the already hyped crowd going even more bonkers. jake finally ran out and the place erupted and the crowd collapsed upon itself and things got fuzzy and then i found myself in the back. i sat on the top of a booth and just took everything in. i had never seen anything like it. it was incredible. they closed with jane doe.

this probably pales in comparison to most stories that will be posted/are often posted but it's a really nostalgic moment that i will never forget.

I remember this tour. Thats when they were opening with plagues. Shit was tight.
REALM_of_CHAOS

Postby REALM_of_CHAOS » Thu Oct 09, 2014 5:27 am

donnie_d3 wrote:

Blood everywhere..

Earth crisis
Blood for blood
Skarhead

El n gee. Ct

When Earth Crisis plays Syracuse there are cops in the parking lot on stand by. True story.
REALM_of_CHAOS

Postby REALM_of_CHAOS » Thu Oct 09, 2014 5:43 am

Power Trip, Expire and Twitching Tongues on long island last year
Converge in albany with Mastodon
Godbelow and Ringworm in Syracuse a couple years ago
Path Of Resistance. The first reunion in like 05-06 i think
Blood Has Been Shed and Premonitions Of War in 03 in Syracuse
Turmoil at the church in Philly
Any Hellfest(U.S.)

Edit* Think I Cares last show in boston with Cold World and Righteous Jams
Last edited by REALM_of_CHAOS on Thu Oct 09, 2014 6:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
REALM_of_CHAOS

Postby nerd eater » Thu Oct 09, 2014 5:49 am

REALM_of_CHAOS wrote:
donnie_d3 wrote:

Blood everywhere..

Earth crisis
Blood for blood
Skarhead

El n gee. Ct

When Earth Crisis plays Syracuse there are cops in the parking lot on stand by. True story.

Haven't noticed that lately.
nerd eater
Skott's Friend

Postby REALM_of_CHAOS » Thu Oct 09, 2014 6:07 am

Last one I went to they were there the whole show sitting in the whip in that upper lot of the lost. and the few previous ones they also made an appearance.
REALM_of_CHAOS

Postby onefootinhell » Thu Oct 09, 2014 6:09 am

Hatebreed in va beach in 2001 or 2002 at a huge amphitheater.

Victims last show in va beach with Nothing Personal and DTN.
onefootinhell

Postby creativexcover » Thu Oct 09, 2014 6:22 am

Aryans make shows ridiculous
creativexcover

Postby REALM_of_CHAOS » Thu Oct 09, 2014 6:31 am

creativexcover wrote:Aryans make shows ridiculous

Only witnessed this one time in Rochester at a Sworn enemy/Freya show

And they were pretty tame
REALM_of_CHAOS

Postby thathorates » Thu Oct 09, 2014 6:53 am

My buddy was playing bass for Backtrack at that show haha.

Two sets that stick out to me were 100 Demons at Backstreet Blues and Blacklisted at Posi Numbers '04
thathorates

Postby SteveFischer » Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:48 am

4 come to mind.
Walls of Jericho, bury your dead, full blown chaos & I believe it was xtyrantx was on the bill. Candice got punched in the face.

2009 four year strong, title fight, strike anywhere and TTNY. Show was sold out. Trapped under ice had got stuck in Detroit due to flights being cancelled and we supposed to play a secret show or get added to the bill last minute. They ended up doing a split 15min set with Bad seed. There were a ton of wiener bros there for FYS, who had no idea how to handle the utter pandemonium of Trapped under ice and bad seed. Pretty sure at least 15 people got knocked out. People head walked, I remeber hearing some girl and her boyfriend freaking out thinking people were only getting beat up. It was wild.

Hoods in '07. Obviously why.

On broken wings, red I flight, set sail, other bands.
Tables flipped, "I don't care if the person next to you has a pussy or a dick, I want them in the hospital tonight" mosh call.
SteveFischer

Postby leperXmessiah » Thu Oct 09, 2014 9:21 am

Couple shows come to mind...

100 Demons & Donnybrook at the Pirates Cove (2004?) - went into a complete riot. bar stools flying across the venue, people carried out left and right.

Dropdead at the Tower (2005) - someone blew up a couch, saw people taking roman candles to face, bottles and other objects flying across the venue the whole time. One of my favorite shows.

Rhinoceros & CDC at the Lions Den (2007) - huge fight between crews, show was shut down. Couple dudes took metal folding chairs the face, and the rest were picking gravel out of their face while Joe Riverside punked out an entire crew.
leperXmessiah

Postby jimmieXXX » Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:05 am

Tons of Memphis shows around the 2000-2004 era , the clenched fist shows were always insane

Still are for the most part

Merauder at the heist fest in Chicago in 04 , people getting smashed left and right

The heist fest in Indiana in 05

Terror @ posi #04

Tons more but these really stick out
jimmieXXX

Next