Disney Theme Parks Appreesh

General discussion, shows, and everything else.

Postby Chem D » Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:26 pm

I'm going to Disneyland Paris on the 20th for 5 days. It's my first time to the Paris resort, but I've been to Anaheim once and Florida four times so I am very excited. Looking forward to Space Mountain: Mission 2 quite a lot. I know there's a few on here that are into Disney theme parks as much as me, so here's a thread to discuss such matters.

Chem D

Postby krujones » Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:33 pm

I've been to Disney World quite a few times. My favorite is Disney Animal Kingdom though I'd have to say.

I'd love to go to Disneyland at some point in my life.
krujones
BIG WANG THEORY

Postby publix subs » Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:34 pm

look at all those funny cars
publix subs
loves his little black niece

Postby Giant Mechanical Brain » Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:38 pm

I fucking love Disneyland. I've never been to world but I'd like to go some day. I went to Disneyland for Halloween and it was a fucking blast. Probably going back again this Halloween. Free candy, cheap tickets, and smaller crowds.
Giant Mechanical Brain

Postby Chem D » Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:40 pm

krujones wrote:I've been to Disney World quite a few times. My favorite is Disney Animal Kingdom though I'd have to say.

I'd love to go to Disneyland at some point in my life.

I had put off going to AK because I heard a few people say it was just a glorified zoo. How wrong can you be? One of the best days of my life. We went on the safari first thing as the gates opened and saw so many legit animals. Not to mention Expedition Everest is one of the best rides I've ever been on. 10/10.
Chem D

Postby Lil Meatsauce » Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:43 pm

nice peugeot queer!!
Lil Meatsauce

Postby lynn » Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:46 pm

Went to Disney World for Halloween last year and it was the best ever, hopefully going back again this year.
lynn

Postby Iconoclast » Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:48 pm

Just got back from Disney World a week or two ago. It's a strange cross section of campy Americana that everyone needs to see atleast once.
Iconoclast

Postby EscapedFromTheValley » Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:50 pm

My in-laws are Disney Vacation Club members, so we take a big family vacation to DisneyWorld every other year (EVERY year the last few now that I think about it!). I NEVER thought I'd enjoy it, but I really do... every time. Animal KIngdom is by far my favorite. I have literally stood and watched the Gorillas for three straight hours before.

EscapedFromTheValley

Postby Chem D » Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:53 pm

When I was 11 and we went to Disneyland California, I got asked to steer the Mark Twain Riverboat by a castmember, and then got a certificate at the end. Best moment of my life probably.
Chem D

Postby dead baby fetus2 » Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:43 pm

Chem D wrote:When I was 11 and we went to Disneyland California, I got asked to steer the Mark Twain Riverboat by a castmember, and then got a certificate at the end. Best moment of my life probably.

Did this last month with my kids and wife. Anyone can ask to go up there, my kids were stoked. Cool that you were asked though.

My bucket list consist of going to every Disney Theme Park in the world, doubt it will ever happen though. We've only been to Anaheim and Florida.

The only and only time we went to Disney World i surprised my family with a limo service from the airport to the hotel. Stayed at the Art of Animation Resort, that shit is bad ass. Damn I wish I could go relive that vacation all over again.
dead baby fetus2

Postby Redbeard the Terrible » Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:59 pm

I grew up next to disneyland. in late high school I had a pass, then ended up working there for a few years, then had a pass again. I loved going but they spiked the prices and now its way way way too expensive instead of just way too expensive.
Redbeard the Terrible
The Beard

Postby Chem D » Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:16 pm

dead BAYBAYYYYYY fetus2 wrote:
Chem D wrote:When I was 11 and we went to Disneyland California, I got asked to steer the Mark Twain Riverboat by a castmember, and then got a certificate at the end. Best moment of my life probably.

Did this last month with my kids and wife. Anyone can ask to go up there, my kids were straight SHITTIN. Cool that you were asked though.

My bucket list consist of going to every Disney Theme Park in the world, doubt it will ever happen though. We've only been to Anaheim and Florida.

Yeah, at the time I didn't know it was a thing, so 11 year old me was fucking stoked. And yeah, I looked at the Asian parks, there are some cool variations of rides over there.
Chem D

Postby theb00box » Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:24 pm

My family used to go every summer from the time I was 4-12 and it was the best times of my childhood. My favorite park has to be MGM studios (its now Hollywood studios but it's still MGM to me), and I got to be in the Goosebumps play they had at the time. Plus Tower of Terror is the tits.

Last time I went there, it was with my mom for a high school graduation gift. Still great and I got to see Coheed at the House of Blues.
theb00box
joey haircuts

Postby Giant Mechanical Brain » Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:34 pm

Redbeard the Terrible wrote:I grew up next to disneyland. in late high school I had a pass, then ended up working there for a few years, then had a pass again. I loved going but they spiked the prices and now its way way way too expensive instead of just way too expensive.

It was almost $300 I think for two one day park hoppers when I went the day after Halloween. Pretty crazy. Anyone else have their senior trip at Disneyland? That shit was fun as fuck too.
Giant Mechanical Brain

Postby givemestrength » Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:38 pm

if you aren't a child or don't have children, why the hell would you want to go there?
givemestrength
has shitty teeth

Postby Brett SD » Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:38 pm

I love Disneyland. It sucks seeing all my friends back home get yearly passes and go on a whim.

Anybody else read the article that Tomorrowland is being transformed into more-or-less Star Wars Land?
Brett SD
shamwow dick

Postby EscapedFromTheValley » Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:41 pm

givemestrength wrote:if you aren't a child or don't have children, why the hell would you want to go there?

This is EXACTLY how I used to feel, but I have a blast every time I go.
EscapedFromTheValley

Postby krujones » Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:45 pm

Who says adults can't enjoy Disney theme parks. Kids don't own fun
krujones
BIG WANG THEORY

Postby Brett SD » Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:47 pm

Fuck off. I think I've had more fun there as an adult than I ever did as a kid.
Brett SD
shamwow dick

Postby Giant Mechanical Brain » Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:51 pm

Brett SD wrote:Fuck off. I think I've had more fun there as an adult than I ever did as a kid.

Same. Growing up my family made it a point to go to Disneyland at least once a year and it was always the best time. Now that I am an adult I have even more fun. And Tomorrowland is definitely becoming Star Wars land, which I don't think is necessarily a bad thing. I can't wait for them to turn Autotopia into pod racers or some shit.
Giant Mechanical Brain

Postby Fantastic, Vol. 2 » Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:52 pm

Got food poisoning at World. never again.
Fantastic, Vol. 2
ok mr. mayor, feast your ears on that spin doctors mix

Postby krujones » Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:54 pm

Id be shocked if there wasn't an entire Star Wars park in the not too distant future now that Disney owns the franchise.
krujones
BIG WANG THEORY

Postby EscapedFromTheValley » Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:57 pm

I'm OK with a Star Wars area of the park... However the proposed Avatar land in the Animal Park has me pretty heated.
EscapedFromTheValley

Postby kreaturemilk » Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:58 pm

everyone meet me @ disneylAND RN
kreaturemilk

Postby frustrated incorporated » Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:58 pm

I want to go to Tokyo DisneySea so bad. Looks so incredibly well themed. I try to make it to Disneyland once a year with my adult sister and mom, kinda a family tradition thing. I always have a great time. I would like to go to Disneyworld for like 5 days and stay on the property and get the full experience, hopefully someday. I'm hyped to see Tomorrowland reworked, get rid of the subs and autopia and get some new rad shit in their. Nothing about it currently seems futuristic.
frustrated incorporated

Postby lynn » Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:59 pm

EscapedFromTheValley wrote:I'm OK with a Star Wars area of the park... However the proposed Avatar land in the Animal Park has me pretty heated.

cant picture anyone giving a shit about avatar
lynn

Postby Giant Mechanical Brain » Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:01 pm

I doubt they will be getting rid of the submarine ride anytime soon. They just redid it a few years ago for Finding Nemo. It would make a cool sarlacc pit though.
Giant Mechanical Brain

Postby brianerickson » Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:10 pm

I've never been, but I do plan to make it to Disney World at least once before I'm dead

The only problem is that it's so fucking expensive
brianerickson

Postby macho insecurity » Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:11 pm

I've been a Disneyland annual pass holder for the past 5 years. I go as often as my schedule allows which is like 2-3 times a month.

Never been to Disneyworld, but it's on agenda. Would like to hit Tokyo or Paris DW, too.

Whoever said that adults can't enjoy Disneyland unless they have kids can suck the biggest fucking rock.
macho insecurity
sucked his dad's dick for free

Postby macho insecurity » Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:13 pm

Iconoclast wrote:Just got back from Disney World a week or two ago. It's a strange cross section of campy Americana that everyone needs to see atleast once.

Disneyland is incredible for people watching. So many Mormons in BYU merch or weird goth dorks wearing Mickey ears.
macho insecurity

Postby xpatx » Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:13 pm

This was last year, as a 31 year old. One of the best days of my life

xpatx
putric

Postby Giant Mechanical Brain » Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:15 pm

Has anyone else done the pin trading thing you can do with the cast members? I had never heard of it but my mom asked my girlfriend and I to trade some pins for her with the cast members. They will have pins on them that have secret mickey mouse heads on them that only cast members can get and you can only get them by trading with them. You just need one of their official pins (which cost a fucking fortune) and go up to a cast member with pins and ask to trade. The only thing is that they can't trade for a pin that they already have. We only had 5 pins to trade and it was so fucking addicting. It was like a real life version of pokemon.
Giant Mechanical Brain

Postby macho insecurity » Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:17 pm

Ha nah, never bothered with the pin trading. Mainly because it seems expensive and I don't wanna carry any stuff with me into the park besides my wallet, keys, and phone.
macho insecurity

Postby krujones » Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:19 pm

The creepy adults that loiter outside the pin store in downtown Disney look like sex offenders and probably only collect pins to try and touch little kids
krujones
BIG WANG THEORY

Postby brianerickson » Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:21 pm

I remember being back in elementary/middle school and hearing about how awesome the parks were from other kids

It sucked because I knew my parents didn't have enough money to get us down there; it hurt more than it probably should've

It's even worse now; I just did the math, and if I were to go by myself, it'd cost me at least 1,000 dollars; that is insane
brianerickson

Postby Giant Mechanical Brain » Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:21 pm

krujones wrote:The creepy adults that loiter outside the pin store in downtown Disney look like sex offenders and probably only collect pins to try and touch little kids

Why do you think I started this shit?

No but for real, some of those people are straight up fucking creeps. Walking around with 12 lanyards on filled to the brim with pins, a backpack filled with pins, and hats filled with pins. Looking like some broke ass Mr. T.
Giant Mechanical Brain

Postby Roger Dorn » Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:24 pm

Disney World is so sweet. I try to go every few years if time/money allows. I also have a nice collection of books about the park that I've built up over time. I managed a day trip when my band played The Fest two years ago and our flights got cancelled for 3 days due to Hurricane Sandy, but that hardly counts.

They all have their finer points but if I had to rank the parks I'd go:

Hollywood Studios (Tower of Terror and other cool rides, interesting stores, decent restaurants, really nice at night)
Magic Kingdom (Duh. Weak food and always the most crowded, but classic.)
Epcot World Showcase (Alcohol! also that Norway ride)
Animal Kingdom (Actual animals, plus the rides are pretty sweet with the addition of Everest)
Epcot Future World (This used to be ranked higher but it's fallen off a bit in terms of what's actually there, due for a revamp)

Honestly I'm not even much of a ride guy. Just walking around and chilling, eating at some of the more interesting places, and people watching is an equal part of it for me.
Roger Dorn

Postby Roger Dorn » Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:24 pm

Yeah, despite everything I said, pin collecting is insane and weird.
Roger Dorn

Postby Chem D » Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:42 pm

:smt007 :smt007 :smt007
Chem D

Postby lynn » Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:42 pm

I like all the pins, but I'm also a person that loves having tons of stuff
lynn

Postby gary from teen mom » Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:43 pm

Giant Mechanical Brain wrote:I fucking love Disneyland. I've never been to world but I'd like to go some day. I went to Disneyland for Halloween and it was a fucking blast. Probably going back again this Halloween. Free candy, cheap tickets, and smaller crowds.

this man is a pedo.
gary from teen mom

Location: SMOKING AN EIGHTH IN THE MULTIVERSE. TOASSSTTTTYYYY

Postby lynn » Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:44 pm

I also went on halloween and got two bagfuls of candy! Since I have food allergies they also gave me tons of special fancy candy. Mickeys not so scary Halloween party was awesome because there was practically no lines on the rides.
lynn

Postby Giant Mechanical Brain » Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:46 pm

lynn wrote:I also went on halloween and got two bagfuls of candy! Since I have food allergies they also gave me tons of special fancy candy. Mickeys not so scary Halloween party was awesome because there was practically no lines on the rides.

Only two bags? I got about 15-20 lbs worth of candy. I just kept dumping the bags into my backpack. It was great.
Giant Mechanical Brain

Postby wordpower » Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:46 pm

Worked at EPCOT as a cultural representative, pretty much had the time of my life!
wordpower

Postby lynn » Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:47 pm

ya I stopped at two bags because I didnt want to carry them
lynn

Postby EscapedFromTheValley » Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:52 pm

I would murder for a Lapu-lapu at the Polynesian bar right now.
EscapedFromTheValley

Postby Giant Mechanical Brain » Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:57 pm

lynn wrote:ya I stopped at two bags because I didnt want to carry them

That is why you gotta do what I did and just constantly stuff your face with candy. Just nonstop candy eating. There is a good chance of developing diabetes in a single night but think of all that free candy? I did think it was great that they offered candy alternatives there though. Just wish it was a larger variety besides apple slices and raisins.
Giant Mechanical Brain

Postby uncle chris » Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:05 pm

Before we had kids my wife and I went down twice a year. Now with 2 kids we make it down every other year. I'm a Disney freak. It was awesome going down as adults, but seeing through the eyes of my kids is incredible.
It's expensive, bit if your flexible on when to go there are deals that make it very do able. Free dining or room discounts. I think its well worth saving for.
Avatar land is coming and most seem baffled as to why Disney is taking such a gamble on it. They hope to open the land when the Avatar sequels come out. I think they will open it and eventually phase it into a mythical creature land which is what the plans were for Animal Kingdom from the beginning. I would love to see a Star Wars land. Its been rumored, but nobody can confirm it. I would rather see a Disney Villians themed land. There's so much they could do.
uncle chris

Postby macho insecurity » Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:21 pm

EscapedFromTheValley wrote:I would murder for a Lapu-lapu at the Polynesian bar right now.

Dole Whips all day every day.
macho insecurity

Next