HOW TO RUN FROM COPS AND INFLUENCE PEOPLE, BY BAKER MAYFIELD

General discussion, shows, and everything else.

Postby I gave you power » Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:24 pm

This is the new college football thread, the old one is dead because fuck if I'm not going to be able to change thread titles.

First order of business: The NCAA said today it wouldn't renew its license with EA for the NCAA video games. Good. Those games have sucked ass for years and the graphics on this year's edition belong on a PS2. Here's to hoping 2K swoops in and starts a series of their own.
Last edited by I gave you power on Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:58 pm, edited 5 times in total.
I gave you power

Postby Last Rites » Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:29 pm

Interesting news on that. I felt the recruiting in this years was much better than it had been.

EDIT:

Here is the article on it: http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/blog/eye-on-college-football/22796985/ncaa-declines-to-renew-contract-with-ea-sports

So it seems like it will go on most likely, just it would probably be called College Football '15 or something.
Last Rites

Postby Iconoclast » Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:34 pm

It is a concern though. You see how quickly EA dumped College Basketball and since then no one has picked it back up. Even though College Football is considerably more popular it is amongst the least popular of the sports titles.

I don't know what i'd do without a College Football game each year. It wouldn't feel right.
Iconoclast

Postby I gave you power » Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:39 pm

Last Rites wrote:Interesting news on that. I felt the recruiting in this years was much better than it had been.

EDIT:

Here is the article on it: http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/blog/eye-on-college-football/22796985/ncaa-declines-to-renew-contract-with-ea-sports

So it seems like it will go on most likely, just it would probably be called College Football '15 or something.

Without any NCAA properties -- The Rose Bowl, Sugar Bowl, the Heisman Trophy -- and already without player names, it is just going to feel like a completely and totally hollow football game. Nobody is going to purchase that.
I gave you power

Postby Avoidance Learning » Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:49 pm

Oh hello new thread.
Avoidance Learning
Is squirting pee?

Location: And then you have Kerry King who’s like ‘You see? You see these tribal tattoos?

Postby master sleeper » Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:51 pm

almost
time
master sleeper

Postby Earth Lessons » Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:51 pm

The games sucked ever since they changed the recruiting from the early and mid 2000s.
Earth Lessons
so perf bb

Postby ryan_aka_a_knee_deepinthe » Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:54 pm

I remember liking NCAA 10 or 11 alright, but yeah, that game needs a complete do-over at this point. 2K should swoop in, use and modify their 2K5 engine, and muthafuckas will come.
ryan_aka_a_knee_deepinthe
In the Valley of the Dolls

Postby Avoidance Learning » Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:56 pm

I don't play those games, but I sure as shit wouldn't play one that didn't have names or ncaa trophies.
Avoidance Learning
Is squirting pee?

Location: And then you have Kerry King who’s like ‘You see? You see these tribal tattoos?

Postby Last Rites » Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:13 pm

But people get around the names issue real quick with those games. Within a week of coming out, there are downloadable rosters. The bowls though might cause people to second guess buying a game without that. But you can replace that. I think they first have to see if the licsensing group and the individual schools/conferences will stay with EA. That is the most important part right now. Until then, no one knows if the game is destined to just go away.

All that being said, Duke Johnson is a monster in this game. I can't wait for the season to start already.
Last Rites

Postby Avoidance Learning » Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:15 pm

I really can't say it enough how much I do not want Blake Bell to be our starting QB. On the surface, this season does not look to be one of the better ones for OU.
Avoidance Learning
Is squirting pee?

Postby Iconoclast » Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:17 pm

If they didn't have the bowls or NCAA licensing, I wouldn't buy it. I don't think anyone would.
Iconoclast

Postby wakeupandlive! » Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:21 pm

I Gave You Power wrote:This is the new college football thread, the old one is dead because fuck if I'm not going to be able to change thread titles.

First order of business: The NCAA said today it wouldn't renew its license with EA for the NCAA video games. Good. Those games have sucked ass for years and the graphics on this year's edition belong on a PS2. Here's to hoping 2K swoops in and starts a series of their own.

I had not heard that, this is the best news I've heard all month. 2k getting a legitimate football franchise again makes me want to cry.

NFL 2k5 is better than anything madden or NCAA has done since then.
wakeupandlive!

Postby Iconoclast » Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:21 pm

However, I can't possibly imagine the conferences just letting this shit go without a fight. That game is a huge recruiting and marketing tool for the sport. It has been for years.

If the game skips next year, i'd expect the conferences to lean on the NCAA hard as fuck to get a deal done for a new game.
Iconoclast

Postby Iconoclast » Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:21 pm

wakeupandlive! wrote:
I Gave You Power wrote:This is the new college football thread, the old one is dead because fuck if I'm not going to be able to change thread titles.

I had not heard that, this is the best news I've heard all month. 2k getting a legitimate football franchise again makes me want to cry.

NFL 2k5 is better than anything madden or NCAA has done since then.

They don't have anything yet and who knows if they'd even pursue it.
Iconoclast

Postby wakeupandlive! » Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:27 pm

I meant to say the thought of it.

There will be an NCAA game in the future IMO. There is an unreal amount of money and interest in college football, EA rakes it in from this franchise by tweaking a handful of things each year and stamping a new cover on it. I'm sure there is interest in it. I doubt the NCAA basketball games were ever as profitable.

Anyone watching SEC media days? Spurrier was on point and awesome as always. Malzahn looked like he was holding back a mega dump.
wakeupandlive!

Postby Iconoclast » Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:28 pm

but judging by everything i've read, it looks like there probably wont be an NCAA game next year or any time soon. They're too locked up in amateurism lawsuits which, as someone who had to pay for fucking college and graduate on my own merits, is an obnoxious situation all by itself.

Get your fun in while you can.
Iconoclast

Postby I gave you power » Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:34 pm

Last Rites wrote:But people get around the names issue real quick with those games. Within a week of coming out, there are downloadable rosters. The bowls though might cause people to second guess buying a game without that. But you can replace that. I think they first have to see if the licsensing group and the individual schools/conferences will stay with EA. That is the most important part right now. Until then, no one knows if the game is destined to just go away.

All that being said, Duke Johnson is a monster in this game. I can't wait for the season to start already.

The SEC, Rose Bowl, Heisman, etc are not autonomous from the NCAA. If the NCAA isn't licensed by EA sports, none of those properties will be. So you'd be playing with the Florida Alligators against the Florida State Apaches in the Electronic Arts Bowl. The game wouldn't survive.
I gave you power

Postby IThinkItsIndecision » Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:34 pm

posting to lurk
IThinkItsIndecision
Is that a football in your pocket?

Location: Even snagged a raise, right there you're due for effusive praise. Also a bunch of D cord reverb.

Postby Avoidance Learning » Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:35 pm

PS Justin fuck LSU I'll fight you if I can lube myself up enough to get out of this rascal scooter.
Avoidance Learning
Is squirting pee?

Postby I gave you power » Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:36 pm

Also, fuck EA.

Man, we used to have Madden, 2K, Gameday, Quarterbacks Club, Gamebreaker and NCAA Football and now the sole remaining football franchise still standing is Madden.

I'm fine with NHL being the only pro hockey games made and NBA2K being the only pro basketball games being made because those franchises are perpetually stellar, but football games have really hit the shitter due to EA-caused lack of competition.
I gave you power

Postby Iconoclast » Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:37 pm

I Gave You Power wrote:
Last Rites wrote:But people get around the names issue real quick with those games. Within a week of coming out, there are downloadable rosters. The bowls though might cause people to second guess buying a game without that. But you can replace that. I think they first have to see if the licsensing group and the individual schools/conferences will stay with EA. That is the most important part right now. Until then, no one knows if the game is destined to just go away.

The SEC, Rose Bowl, Heisman, etc are not autonomous from the NCAA. If the NCAA isn't licensed by EA sports, none of those properties will be. So you'd be playing with the Florida Alligators against the Florida State Apaches in the Electronic Arts Bowl. The game wouldn't survive.

Based on what i've read, the individual schools have their own licenses.

So if all the schools stood up to the NCAA and decided they still wanted the game to exist, it'd be the Florida Gators vs Oklahoma Sooners in the New Orleans Aspartame Bowl
Iconoclast

Postby Iconoclast » Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:37 pm

I Gave You Power wrote:Also, fuck EA.

Man, we used to have Madden, 2K, Gameday, Quarterbacks Club, Gamebreaker and NCAA Football and now the sole remaining football franchise still standing is Madden.

I'm fine with NHL being the only pro hockey games made and NBA2K being the only pro basketball games being made because those franchises are perpetually stellar, but football games have really hit the shitter due to EA-caused lack of competition.

Agree'd 100%. EA ruined sports video games.
Iconoclast

Postby Iconoclast » Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:40 pm

Getting banged on the reg wrote:PS Justin fuck LSU I'll fight you if I can lube myself up enough to get out of this rascal scooter.

Expectations aren't all that high this year, so my fiery responses will have to wait until they win a couple games. Beating TCU is obviously a must and even that game already has me nervous.
Iconoclast

Postby jj____ » Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:00 pm

Hymen Trophy Winner
jj____

Postby alchemist » Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:05 pm

checking in for the new thread
alchemist

Postby wakeupandlive! » Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:12 pm

The NCAA's days could very well be numbered anyway, I've seen lots of speculation about it since the conference realignment stuff has been going on the past 5 or so years. If the big 5 conferences drop the NCAA, form superconferences and their own governing/regulating body, then all this would be back on the table.

A boy can dream.
wakeupandlive!

Postby wakeupandlive! » Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:19 pm

Just saw this:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/gami ... e/2530157/

"Our relationship with the Collegiate Licensing Company is strong and we are already working on a new game," says Wilson.

The statement follows comments from the NCAA that it would not renew its license for NCAA Football in the wake of a lawsuit over the use of college athletes' names and likenesses.

The contract with the NCAA allowed EA to use their branding on the video game, such as the name. According to the CLC website, they represent "nearly 200 of the nation's top colleges, universities, bowl games, athletic conferences, (and) the Heisman Trophy."

Wilson says the game will appear on next-generation consoles starting next season. No details were provided on the franchise's new name. Before EA first used the NCAA brand in 1997, the series was called College Football USA.
wakeupandlive!

Postby Iconoclast » Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:04 pm

wakeupandlive! wrote:Just saw this:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/gami ... e/2530157/

"Our relationship with the Collegiate Licensing Company is strong and we are already working on a new game," says Wilson.

The statement follows comments from the NCAA that it would not renew its license for NCAA Football in the wake of a lawsuit over the use of college athletes' names and likenesses.

The contract with the NCAA allowed EA to use their branding on the video game, such as the name. According to the CLC website, they represent "nearly 200 of the nation's top colleges, universities, bowl games, athletic conferences, (and) the Heisman Trophy."

Wilson says the game will appear on next-generation consoles starting next season. No details were provided on the franchise's new name. Before EA first used the NCAA brand in 1997, the series was called College Football USA.

Oh yeah, I totally forgot about that College Football USA game. I owned this:

impossibly difficult game
Iconoclast

Postby Iconoclast » Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:06 pm

Nebraska is un-fuckwithable in that game
Iconoclast

Postby leoj » Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:29 pm

never thought there would be an a&m related thread title. we've finally made it
leoj

Postby third coast.. » Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:39 pm

hahahahhaa joel. love the thread title. I thought it might have been an award given at the espy's hahahaha

also you should make a road trip to the galveston area on an away game weekend and hang out at my house. ill have the smoker going on the outdoor kitchen and multiple tv's and the whole house is wired for sound. Ill be having football weekends every weekend.
third coast..

Postby Earth Lessons » Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:52 pm

Alex K. wrote:My copy of NCAA Football 2005 works, I'm good.

Dude. Great call. 04, 05 and 06 are the best ever made.
Earth Lessons
so perf bb

Postby leoj » Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:52 pm

I will probably make that happen and then hang with the family on Sunday. I'll look at the schedule and let you know. LSU would probably be a blast, or Ole Miss.
leoj

Postby third coast.. » Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:56 pm

oh ya. im having bachelor party weekend the first weekend in october and the second saturday in october is bike around the bay and i THINK that the day of the LSU game ill be flying down to honduras actually. when is that ole miss game?
third coast..

Postby leoj » Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:59 pm

october 12th is ole miss.
leoj

Postby Wayne Woodrow Hayes » Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:12 pm

public sale single game ohio state tickets hit ticketmaster next friday at 10am.

going to try to attend vs. san diego st and vs. penn st.
Wayne Woodrow Hayes

Postby Will. » Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:33 pm

I Gave You Power wrote:Quarterback Club

Holy fuck somebody not me remembers this game.

Also, BLITZ
Will.

Postby master sleeper » Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:06 pm

whats guyz teams strength of schedule this season, because arky is looking up at the bottom of a really fucking steep hill
master sleeper

Postby third coast.. » Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:19 am

leoj wrote:october 12th is ole miss.

day game? goooddammmit. well you can get the grill ready and everything while im on the bike around the bay hahaha.
third coast..

Postby Boner In Sweatpants » Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:22 am

About to con some CAL booster to giving me tickets for Cal/Ohio St in September. So stoked!!!
Boner In Sweatpants
Eisley Superfan

Postby ryan_aka_a_knee_deepinthe » Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:37 am

Will. wrote:
I Gave You Power wrote:Quarterback Club

Holy fuck somebody not me remembers this game.

Also, BLITZ

i still play NFL QB Club on my Sega Genesis.

The Skills Comp was AMAZING.
ryan_aka_a_knee_deepinthe
In the Valley of the Dolls

Postby Daytona 500 » Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:38 am

Daytona 500

Postby Avoidance Learning » Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:39 am

brothers.
Avoidance Learning
Is squirting pee?

Postby DUTCH MASTA KILLA » Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:50 am

Those sweat stains on Mangino get me every single fucking time. Who the fuck sweats that much during winter in Florida?

And PF when the season starts, I really don't know what to expect from 'Bama this year...
DUTCH MASTA KILLA

Postby Daytona 500 » Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:57 am

Over time my favorite part of that picture is that the guy in the orange is probably looking at the camera. But the way the eyes are affixed on the suit it turns it into the perfect picture.
Daytona 500

Postby Earth Lessons » Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:52 am

Boner In Sweatpants wrote:About to con some CAL booster to giving me tickets for Cal/Ohio St in September. So stoked!!!

So stoked on Sonny Dykes. Has such a great offensive mind. Truthfully I was hoping MSU would have gotten rid of Mullen and got Dykes somehow.
Earth Lessons
so perf bb

Postby leoj » Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:53 pm

third coast.. wrote:
leoj wrote:october 12th is ole miss.

day game? goooddammmit. well you can get the grill ready and everything while im on the bike around the bay hahaha.

they haven't announced a time yet, probably won't until a week before the game, but sounds good.
leoj

Postby leoj » Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:54 pm

Earth Lessons wrote:
Boner In Sweatpants wrote:About to con some CAL booster to giving me tickets for Cal/Ohio St in September. So stoked!!!

So stoked on Sonny Dykes. Has such a great offensive mind. Truthfully I was hoping MSU would have gotten rid of Mullen and got Dykes somehow.

yeah I think he can do some damage at cal. with ucla maybe on the upswing too the pac-12 could get pretty interesting. meanwhile the big10 will continue to be two teams and a bunch of nobodies and the big 12 can just suck my dick
leoj

Postby Earth Lessons » Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:28 am

leoj wrote:
Earth Lessons wrote:

yeah I think he can do some damage at cal. with ucla maybe on the upswing too the pac-12 could get pretty interesting. meanwhile the big10 will continue to be two teams and a bunch of nobodies and the big 12 can just suck my dick

I'm with you all the way. I think he will really shake that conference up. UCLA also has a stud QB in this class coming in that I think will be a superstar in 3 or 4 years.
Earth Lessons
so perf bb

Next