The print thread.

General discussion, shows, and everything else.

Postby Ryker » Sat Nov 12, 2016 3:24 pm

Framed my two Jacob Bannon prints, now I just need to put them up.

By the way, is there any secure and reversible way of fixing such frames to the wall without using nails that also doesn't damage the wall itself (I'm looking at these 3M Command strips: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00LO ... PDKIKX0DER)?

x43x wrote:Off-the-shelf frames typically don't have UV glass, or acid-free materials. Without UV glass, your expensive print could yellow over time if exposed to sunlight. Mattes and backing that aren't acid-free could leach into the paper over time as well, discoloring the artwork.

If you're framing a $20 poster, it doesn't really matter. If you're framing something limited and you plan to keep it on the wall for a long time, splurge for UV glass and acid free materials. You can always find a cheap frame that will work, then upgrade the glass and matte/backing at a local shop.

Thanks, this helps. I bought the frames above from Arttoframe.com and went with UV plexi glass. Not sure if I should've gone with non-reflective, too, but I guess I'll see when they're hanging on the wall.
Ryker
pig fucker

Postby XCrandallX » Fri Nov 25, 2016 10:06 am

Managed to finally snag this at cost from the Mondo Black Friday flat file sale. So fucking stoked.

XCrandallX

Postby NALYD. » Fri Nov 25, 2016 10:59 am

overslept and missed 99% of the mondo stuff, pretty bummed but probably wouldn't have been able to get what I wanted anyways so its not too bad
NALYD.

Postby human buffet » Sun Nov 27, 2016 9:42 am

If any of y'all are into photography, I've got some giclee prints up through deathwish if you wanna check 'em out.

human buffet

Postby BillyxShears » Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:26 am

Not sure if this is the place, but I'm looking for anyone who does banners. I really dig the ones the tattoo artist Matt Kerley (Mattitude) does, would post a pic but I'm on my phone. Can anyone suggest some other artists that do banners/flags?
BillyxShears

Postby X-cement-filled-bottle-X » Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:26 pm

hoping some good prints come from this Mondo/Disney art show piece. I got one of the Wall-E prints a while back, would love to get more stuff like that.
X-cement-filled-bottle-X

Postby fuckingbukowskiwasright » Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:05 pm

Would anyone in here be interested buying game of throne limited edition prints? The Rhys Cooper house banners? i have wave 1 and wave two for sale
fuckingbukowskiwasright

Postby The Great Hambino » Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:41 pm

I know this thread isn't very active anymore, but I heard something last week that I thought some of you may appreciate it. While attending SDCC I went to a panel hosted by Mondo.

After the panel I was chatting with the managing director and we started talking about timed editions. I mentioned the golden ticket that was released when they did the timed edition for the Olly Moss Dark Knight Rises (I think it as DKR) and asked whatever became of it. Apparently the gentleman who won immediately emailed Mondo to connect on his victory. The dude wanted to gift the ticket to a friend who was getting married in the very near future. Well apparently the guy who won forgot about the ticket for over 3 years and just recently remember he had won. Unfortunately Olly isn't really doing screen printed posters anymore so they're having a hard time fulfilling the poster.

Can you imagine? Winning a free print that would've sold for easily $5k-$7k, but totally forgetting about it.

Also for those who don't know/don't remember the contest. When Mondo released the Dark Knight Rises timed edition they added a golden ticket to one tube. Whoever won the golden ticket was able to tell Olly Moss a movie and he'd do a one-off poster specific to that movie, only for the person who won.
The Great Hambino
Crutch Superfan

Postby neverapartofit » Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:00 am

Yeah, I remember that drama. I can't imagine how you would forget about that. Olly supposedly has a new print in the works that recently got approved, so maybe he will come out of retirement. Not sure how long he can live off royalties from Firewatch and the only other thing that I know he's been doing is writing comics here and there.
neverapartofit

Postby Van-Isle Keith » Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:04 am

jnhickey wrote:Whats a good site for prints similar to 1980 Metal Album covers?

frank frezzetta's wife/daughters run monthly sales on prints of his amazing paintings. they usually do 4 prints for around $30 which is a wild deal

i found them on instagram under frazettagirls
Van-Isle Keith

Postby x43x » Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:15 pm

Jeremy Geddes print available for the next 20 some hours

HERE

x43x

Postby mindlis » Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:18 pm

x43x wrote:Jeremy Geddes print available for the next 20 some hours

HERE

Haven't bought anything in a while, but this is super tempted. I have one of the portfolio collections on my wall.
mindlis

Postby xvegmaulx » Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:09 pm

Looking to sell a Initfest Horkey and Danger Fenway Park uncut for a friend for cheap, $45 shipped for the Horkey, $80 shipped for the Fenway. Get at me!
xvegmaulx

Previous