post your new tattoos v. 3.0

General discussion, shows, and everything else.

Postby spsp » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:17 pm

I just hate all the exaggerated marketing around this "product." COOL SELL ME SOMETHING PLEASE. Not to mention, just get a tattoo with ink. Normal ink. Who cares. Nobody has ever thought, "What if I could get my mom's DNA IN THE tattoo I'm getting to honor her?" I mean, so be it if that's what you want, but why is some random dude going to make thousands of dollars off this instead of the person you know... actually tattooing you? The tattooing revolution begins... NOW!
spsp

Postby igotworms » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:25 pm

lmao

igotworms

Postby xpatx » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:41 pm

This whole add campaign is eerily similar to that shitty girl you went to highschooo with that is now plugging jamberry and Rodan & Fields skincare shit. “Just going out with my R&F Girls!! Check out these amaaaaazing products!”
xpatx
putric

Postby c_floyd II » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:48 pm

igotworms wrote:lmao

Andrew is the fucking man
c_floyd II

Postby Heathenist » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:56 pm

xpatx wrote:This whole add campaign is eerily similar to that shitty girl you went to highschooo with that is now plugging jamberry and Rodan & Fields skincare shit. “Just going out with my R&F Girls!! Check out these amaaaaazing products!”

This is very accurate.
Heathenist

Postby blackhawks#1 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:57 pm

I made it 18 seconds
blackhawks#1
HELL YES

Postby martin life is war » Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:06 pm

I don’t have anything intelligent to add, this shit is just sad.
martin life is war

Postby ab0mination » Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:06 pm

To poster Pete Rose, solid positions. I don't tattoo myself, but my sister-in-law does, as well as 3 friends from childhood. But admittedly I'm not entrenched, so I can't truly know.

Do know I don't want ashes, DNA, or anything but free-range, organic, grass-fed, cruelty free artisan pigments in my infinity sign tattoos.
ab0mination

Postby FourtyFour » Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:13 pm

So let me just add that the ingredients in your ink do in fact make a huge difference so to scoff it off like that is pretty silly. Pure pigment vs pre dispersed is a huge difference and who knows wtf this product will be.

With that being said, it comes down to a way to make money and it's just in really bad taste.
FourtyFour

Postby chrisND666 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:24 pm

all i know is i won't ever be adding anything to my pigment - ever. apparently here is the website for this bullshit, $300 for white or black ink, or $500 for both. this is completely ridiculous.

https://engraveink.com

Engrave Ink® is an original bottle of commemorative tattoo ink created from the ashes of your loved one as a celebration to their unique and wonderful life.

Our laboratory in Nevada, USA is one of the most innovative in the world. Our full-cycle sanitization and mixing process is secure and environmentally friendly, allowing for our personal attention to every step.
Last edited by chrisND666 on Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chrisND666

Postby tedz » Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:24 pm

shit's corny, MORE TAT PICS
tedz

Postby theb00box » Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:26 pm

lotta sad cat ladies are stoked
theb00box
joey haircuts

Postby c_floyd II » Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:27 pm

blackhawks#1 wrote:

I made it 18 seconds

You know its a parody video right?
c_floyd II

Postby ab0mination » Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:29 pm

It was really light-hearted and mocking the campaign and food snobs, not tattooers, but hear you.

I actually had no idea (as opposed to vague idea now) about the pigment stuff until some artist I follow posted about being bummed that somebody that did small batches of colors they used was closing shop. Clicked around that instagram account a bit and it seemed like a ton of work. Just cool knowing it was someone in their basement slaving away on some premium product to find another hustle.

Do any well known tattooers use it or is it pretty niche at this point? Feel like I've only ever seen the same few brands around shops.
ab0mination

Postby CVPTVIN PLVNXT » Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:31 pm

Getting a tattoo in memory of your mom or something with her DNA is kinda funny cuz like you already share DNA. Also, I'm not sure your grandma, who already hates your tattoos, is gonna be stoked about her DNA in your tattoo. Silly idea but I doubt much will come of it.
CVPTVIN PLVNXT

Postby Ancticipse » Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:34 pm

CVPTVIN PLVNXT wrote:Getting a tattoo in memory of your mom or something with her DNA is kinda funny cuz like you already share DNA. Also, I'm not sure your grandma, who already hates your tattoos, is gonna be stoked about her DNA in your tattoo. Silly idea but I doubt much will come of it.

lol, there's too much to think of :D btw, i'm just thinking about getting a tatto and i'm here for ideas
Ancticipse

Postby chrisND666 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:36 pm

get a panther. or a skull
chrisND666

Postby blackhawks#1 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:56 pm

funboi wrote:
blackhawks#1 wrote:

I made it 18 seconds

You know its a parody video right?

I definitely didn't know it was supposed to be funny
blackhawks#1
HELL YES

Postby xpatx » Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:10 pm

I wonder if any of these artists were screaming about those tattoo schools a few months ago.
xpatx
putric

Postby fuckoffleatherjacket » Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:32 pm

Andrew Mongenas in Chicago finished my stomach.
fuckoffleatherjacket

Postby xpatx » Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:49 pm

Who’s DNA you got in that thing?
xpatx
putric

Postby sayword!! » Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:53 pm

fuckoffleatherjacket wrote:Andrew Mongenas in Chicago finished my stomach.

Damn that was you!? So tight. My homie just got his neck done by him pretty much solidifying me making an appointment with him. Can’t wait
sayword!!

Postby JD » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:38 pm

CVPTVIN PLVNXT wrote:Getting a tattoo in memory of your mom or something with her DNA is kinda funny cuz like you already share DNA. Also, I'm not sure your grandma, who already hates your tattoos, is gonna be stoked about her DNA in your tattoo. Silly idea but I doubt much will come of it.

Wonder how you go about getting grannys DNA for in the first place?
JD

Postby Worship » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:49 pm

i saw that panther belly progress tat too. nice
Worship
9/11 truther

Postby !azzip » Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:33 am

Engrave Ink gave me AIDS
!azzip
Mind the d, ladies

Postby Invisible Alex » Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:31 am

Finished my ribs yesterday with Ryan Halter. Shit hurts.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BcYtst1l7FT/?hl=en&taken-by=mrhalter
Invisible Alex

Postby xpatx » Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:20 am

Rad piece!

Also, everyone involved keeps posting the same pic of Hendricks and Rubendall along with some cringey text about how they’re the two earliest individuals involved in this project? Jesus this is just getting lamer and lamer. Nick colella is the last guy I saw post it.
xpatx
putric

Postby Booty Telegram » Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:22 am

Heathenist wrote:
ab0mination wrote:
chrisND666 wrote:
ab0mination wrote:Going to reserve too much judgement until more info comes out, but if @FourtyFour is right—cool, hope they make a lot of money. But if there's outside investment or people that haven't been in the industry before they were born—yikes, that's some hypocrisy.

I come from an industry where people put out tons of content to teach others (blog posts, books, videos, tutorials, etc.)—usually for nothing other than to push their skills and share their knowledge with others. From (mostly) the outside looking in, it's such the opposite in tattooing, and that's always been off-putting to me.

because there is literally 0 reason for tattooers to do that. if they want to share their knowledge, they do so in private with their close friends. not everyone should be a tattooer, and unless you are - the ins and outs of tattooing don't pertain to you.
not everything should be public knowledge.

What reason is there for people in my industry to do it? Maybe you get the notice of some client or potential employer—but the audience very clearly is other skilled workers. I guess that qualifies as public knowledge?

Empowering people to be able to work in a field they love or are talented in is much cooler then acting like it's some higher-level of being, enlightened state to tattoo. It's not some special trade that exists in a vacuum. It's a hard job and you need to know how to properly do it to have a shot at doing it well. So should less people do it, or is it maybe better if it's easier to acquire that knowledge?

I get it, you're on the inside, and you feel like you've put the hard work in and travelled and been tattooed extensively and therefore deserve it more. I'm just saying, in my industry, those people are often the ones that turn around and share their knowledge and lessons with those that are interested—not look to immediately turn around and make it as hard for others to figure out or get an opportunity like they did.

Obviously if no tattooer wants to do this, that's their prerogative. But I think it's probably pressure cultivated the the cult-esque politics.

I think the concern stems from tattooers not wanting to flood the market with a bunch of scratchers who just try to learn tattooing from shit they learn online and then start tattooing all of their friends out of their kitchen for $20 a pop. That means less business to the professionals who actually know what they are doing. Not everything can be learned from youtube videos and the end result of a lot of people doing bad work because they took shortcuts has much bigger implications for the tattoo industry as a whole, vs something like learning how to code in python.

I very much doubt that's the reason. I've heard of established tattooers (not gonna name names) not wanting to share with other tattooers (so not just not putting it online for everyone to see) what brown they're using, for example.
Booty Telegram

Postby Booty Telegram » Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:42 am

Lil Meatsauce wrote:the thing is "bad work" maybe not so much in application but rendering is in vogue. sean from texas is booked months in advance and scott sylvia is still available for walk ins most of the week.

why put in all those years learning the craft the "right way" when fuck it..have a good IG following and just start tatty blasting for Lolz and profit!!

The others aren't doing what Sean From Texas is doing because they don't know how to do it, not because they feel some allegiance to the craft or whatever bullshit. That's like seeing some YouTuber that made it big and saying you could do that, too. Do it then. There's an art to all of that stuff, too. "Oh no, he's doing some weird drawings and disrespecting the craft while no one takes my awesome dagger through rose, dagger through skull, and dagger through rose AND skin flash pieces!" Yeah, it's super surprising that people would want something original and creative.

Worship was right.

Worship wrote:Would 100% rather get a seanfromtexas piece than a pharoahs horses or something

I prefer traditional over other styles, too, but people acting like this is somehow the RIGHT way to do it and everything else is wrong, is wack and annoying. It's one thing to prefer one style, it's quite another to be an elitist about it. (And just so you don't get me wrong, I'm not saying all traditional artists are like that. Far from it. For example, I've seen Alex Bage post how important it is to learn and respect all styles of tattooing, even though he's doing traditional now. So not everyone is so myopic about this.)
Booty Telegram

Postby FourtyFour » Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:10 am

sean from texas sux tho
FourtyFour

Postby Worship » Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:00 am

i posted that like 2 years ago haha
Worship
9/11 truther

Postby theb00box » Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:40 am

https://www.instagram.com/p/BccfE8jDXPI ... erubendall
I give props to Mike's statement but man this video honks haha. Really reminding you about "the troops" through most of it
theb00box
joey haircuts

Postby blackhawks#1 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:48 am

theb00box wrote:https://www.instagram.com/p/BccfE8jDXPI/?taken-by=mikerubendall
I give props to Mike's statement but man this video honks haha. Really reminding you about "the troops" through most of it

altimus__ "Or you could just be more involved in your loved one's life"

lol damn
blackhawks#1
HELL YES

Postby SomeTribe » Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:09 am

Sounds like some ghoul is profiting from grieving people and a bunch of artists who invested in said racket. I guarantee no worthwhile artist thinks this shit is cool unless they have something invested.

That said, could I use this to commit crimes and leave behind the DNA of different people?
SomeTribe

Postby chrisND666 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:15 am

just noticed that Mario deleted his posts about that DNA shit but still has it as his profile picture.
chrisND666

Postby !azzip » Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:54 am

Ay yo fuck the troops
!azzip
Mind the d, ladies

Postby Lil Meatsauce » Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:10 am

#EVERENCE
#SUPPORTTHETROOPS
Lil Meatsauce

Postby chrisND666 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:31 am

#LIFEEXTENSION #COMEWITHUS

this shit is fucking whack; and fuck seanfromtexas, too.
chrisND666

Postby blackhawks#1 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:16 pm

yeah i'm on team whack now. shit's corny
blackhawks#1
HELL YES

Postby BobbyxBrother » Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:39 pm

Got this last night from my dude Sterling Barck. Not good at getting the picture from IG at my desk.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BccnnvZDu1t ... ling_barck
BobbyxBrother

Postby tedz » Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:15 pm

you gotta do some inspect element fuckery to get the image url from IG
tedz

Postby sayword!! » Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:51 pm

Walt McDonald and Jeff rassier commenting on Scott Sylvia’s stuff is pretty funny. Asking when the new germs record is coming out. This shit sucks. I’m not a part of the tattoo “community” per say, but I love tattoos and the art/artist and this just seems so lame and goofy.
sayword!!

Postby chrisND666 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:04 pm

you know at first i was super bummed out seeing the people involved in this shit... a lot of these guys i looked up to and had immense amounts of respect for. i've been tattooed by mario twice and now i almost feel some sort of way. the only silver lining in this is that it shows peoples true colors. luckily there are a million other great tattooers out there with respect for themselves/tattooing that i would rather support.
chrisND666

Postby !azzip » Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:24 pm

It’s weird tho. Like....is the money THAT good?? Steve Byrne seems too cool for that shit. A lot of those people do. Tattoos is punx
!azzip
Mind the d, ladies

Postby atlas fugged » Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:40 pm

The whole marketing campaign and the supporting the troops angle is so corny. But if all this accomplishes is enrich a few good tattooers and exploit a few dummies with too much money before the business eventually tanks then who cares i guess ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
atlas fugged

Postby Heathenist » Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:15 pm

chrisND666 wrote:you know at first i was super bummed out seeing the people involved in this shit... a lot of these guys i looked up to and had immense amounts of respect for. i've been tattooed by mario twice and now i almost feel some sort of way. the only silver lining in this is that it shows peoples true colors. luckily there are a million other great tattooers out there with respect for themselves/tattooing that i would rather support.

Yeah, I’ve been tattooed by Mario four times, three times by Nick, and once by Steve. I honestly thought those three would be the last to buy into this.
Heathenist

Postby wiredxwrong » Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:16 pm

I'm late to the DNA ink convo, but yeah, shit is corny, most disappointing and shocking for me is Scott Sylvia, and I think he gives the most credibility to this shit because he is such a no bullshit, honest tattooer. This makes me think of the Scott Sylvia interview where he rants about tattooers selling out and ruining tattooing... I look at it this way, Ed Hardy sold his name and some designs for a paycheck, but he's still done so much for tattooing, it may have watered him down a bit, but I still respect him for who he is and all he's done.
Also, not trying to make excuses, but the artist's involved have seen how tattooing has changed, and maybe they're just jaded, they got mouths to feed, they probably figured they'd get a piece of it, I don't know, I'm not in their shoes. Still really disappointing.

Instead of continuing to bitch about this, I'm getting tattooed by Antonio Roque next Sunday, so I'm stoked about that.

Also, since I brought up Ed Hardy, if ya'll haven't watched "Stoney Knows How", check it out. Also finished Crazy Eddie's autobiography vol. 1, great stories, worth the read.
wiredxwrong

Postby Tduck666 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:21 pm

Shits wack but Id still get blasted by Steve any chance I could get
Tduck666

Postby chrisND666 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:59 pm

none of this changes the fact that Steve (and most of these guys) are nothing less than great tattooers.. I literally was looking up flights to Austin last week to get tattooed by Steve.. however after this, i think i'll rather spend my money elsewhere.
chrisND666

Postby Worship » Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:07 pm

ok that seems like overkill. yall really think this is like a moral quandary instead of just some corny shit?
Worship
9/11 truther

PreviousNext