post your new tattoos v. 3.0

General discussion, shows, and everything else.

Postby drowningman » Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:36 am

When Troy Denning first moved to NYC and started tattooing at Adorned, he used to wear these leather chaps, artists that were around then still make fun of him to this day.
drowningman

Postby CVPTVIN PLVNXT » Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:48 am

Que Sera Sera wrote:
CVPTVIN PLVNXT wrote:BHR fell off hard. Dude constantly whining about how no one wants to get tattooed by him.

Well he was ran out of NYC for being a fucking asshole to clients/shops he worked at among other things. Boo hoo

Didn’t know that. Sucks to suck
CVPTVIN PLVNXT

Postby Jibonader » Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:19 pm

CVPTVIN PLVNXT wrote:
Que Sera Sera wrote:
CVPTVIN PLVNXT wrote:BHR fell off hard. Dude constantly whining about how no one wants to get tattooed by him.

Well he was ran out of NYC for being a fucking asshole to clients/shops he worked at among other things. Boo hoo

Didn’t know that. Sucks to suck

He's someone I've always wanted to get tattooed by but I've definitely changed my mind based on his Instagram (lame I know).

I'm probably just going to delete my IG soon, it's been making me not into artists I previously wanted to get tattooed by.
Jibonader

Postby Jibonader » Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:22 pm

Heathenist wrote:
Booty Telegram wrote:I can't believe that there is a significant number of people in the comments that like this idea. Even some unaffiliated tattooers are applauding it. I really don't get it. At the end of the day, it doesn't concern me either way, I guess, but the whole deployment and presentation was cringey as fuck. Especially how they involved the military. What's even more mind-boggling is that some of these sheep actually fall for this troop stuff every single time.

It’s only because of the people involved, their just kissing asses or supporting their friends. If the same group of tattooers came out and were super vocal about being against it (kinda like the tattoo school stuff), I guarantee there would be almost no tattooers on board with it.

Agreed, idk how the same guys trashing tattoo schools are hardcore defending this stuff.
Last edited by Jibonader on Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jibonader

Postby snacks on snacks » Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:51 pm

So as someone currently in the Army, I'm confused as to why you all are attacking veterans regarding this issue. Do you really not see why someone might want to get someone's DNA permanently attached to them via tattoo? Especially a memorial tattoo? I get tattoo purity and all, but fuck, if people want to do it, then let them do it. Tattooing has been mainstream for a good fucking minute now, stop acting like you're the last bastion of defense.
snacks on snacks
smores on smores

Postby Jibonader » Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:59 pm

As someone who has DNA permanently attached to them via being human, it's not about attacking veterans (I don't think anyone was?). It's about hiding a lame cash grabbing idea that's making them money behind veterans.
Jibonader

Postby Jibonader » Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:01 pm

Anyways I can't wait to get a watercolor DNA tattoo.
Jibonader

Postby snacks on snacks » Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:18 pm

Sorry, not specifically on this thread, but there has been a stupid amount of shade throwing towards veterans throughout this topic on Insta and I think that's unfair.
snacks on snacks
smores on smores

Postby Jibonader » Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:21 pm

Well that's ridiculous and those people suck then. I don't really get the "shade" or why people are getting super upset. I just think this helps point out some lame people I don't really want to get tattooed by anymore. They should've just called the product "Pinterest Juice".
Jibonader

Postby Tduck666 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:22 pm

snacks on snacks wrote:Do you really not see why someone might want to get someone's DNA permanently attached to them via tattoo?

I honestly do not
Tduck666

Postby Heathenist » Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:48 pm

snacks on snacks wrote:So as someone currently in the Army, I'm confused as to why you all are attacking veterans regarding this issue. Do you really not see why someone might want to get someone's DNA permanently attached to them via tattoo? Especially a memorial tattoo? I get tattoo purity and all, but fuck, if people want to do it, then let them do it. Tattooing has been mainstream for a good fucking minute now, stop acting like you're the last bastion of defense.

I totally get why a bunch of fucking dorks would want this, but there are also a bunch of people who want glow in the dark tattoos, all white tattoos, water color tatooos, etc. and those are fucking stupid too. Like I said from the beginning, it’s more about the outside influences that bothers me. I don’t care that much, I just think it’s fuckng lame and it makes the tattooers endorsing it look lame as well.
Last edited by Heathenist on Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Heathenist

Postby !azzip » Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:53 pm

Fuck every veteran. Every single one
!azzip
Mind the d, ladies

Postby Worship » Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:05 pm

!azzip wrote:Fuck every veteran. Every single one

Worship
9/11 truther

Postby earlyinthemorning » Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:16 pm

yeah i get the entire argument, but the easiest way to solve it is to not get tattooed by a bunch of sissies endorsing some bullshit.
earlyinthemorning

Postby othernewest1 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:52 am

lol this tuff guy^
just watched ink inc that shit is pretty funny
othernewest1

Postby martin life is war » Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:43 am

martin life is war

Postby Booty Telegram » Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:01 am

NYT wrote: Their meeting was a stroke of fate: Mr. Duffy’s email was sent to her spam folder, and she opened it only because she thought he was the actor who played the father on the 1990s sitcom “Step by Step.”

Even the fucking robots know better, Ms. Elwood.
Booty Telegram

Postby earlyinthemorning » Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:27 am

othernewest1 wrote:lol this tuff guy^
just watched ink inc that shit is pretty funny

what am i wrong? if everyone is so up in arms over this, just simply don't get tattooed by people who endorse it.
don't like pickles? don't eat pickles. there is nothing tuff about what I said. You can complain about these tattooers and still go get your Desa folk bird, or you can find one of the countless other tatooers still doing their own thing.
earlyinthemorning

Postby oliviatremorcontrol » Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:27 pm

This whole debate is stupid. Not having tattoos is the new counterculture.
oliviatremorcontrol

Postby FourtyFour » Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:05 pm

chrisND666 wrote:
!azzip wrote:I’m only gonna get zapped at Old Soul from now on

I know I talk these guys/the shop up any chance I get but really... Old Soul 4 Pres.

Also as far as the Garver/Hendricks selling out long ago/kingpin,tatsoul, Eikon being bought out... , I agree - and I also do not support these people or companies. This shit isnt Walmart and shouldn't be packaged and sold like it is.

I totally agree. But then at what point is it like, nit picking every choice a tattooer makes regarding what supplies they use? Where they chose to invest their money? Would you not get tattooed by someone who uses those supplies or works at a shop that does? Like where I work, it's pretty anti-establishment tattooing, but the shop buys literally all the products used and we use em.

I still think the whole thing is in bad taste, and I think the New York Times article is extremely insulting, but I also think people are building some really fragile glass houses for themselves rn. I'm also just posing questions because I love a good debate not because I disagree.
FourtyFour

Postby FourtyFour » Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:09 pm

Also hi I think one of the biggest mistakes these people all made was trying to market this product to tattooers/tattoo collectors. We all know the kinds of customers buying this product are not us/not people who care about tattoo culture or history or preservation. Literally no one I've talked to about this would agree to put a plexiglass based powder into their pigments for a tattoo.

It's being pushed on us and that's simply the wrong audience. The people that will take to this are 100% the people reading that NYT article who aren't invested in tattooing. It's a small small niche.
FourtyFour

Postby ab0mination » Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:15 pm

While I haven't seen them specifically marketing it to tattooers/collectors, it is really weird that many of the participating artists' clientele (I'd guess) are entirely that (Rubendall, etc.).

Sort of makes more sense for people like the Great Lakes guys who aren't booked out (I know cause they continually make the same joke over and over that they're closing their books for the weekend but reopening Monday or whatever), but then it doesn't because I perceived them to be a bit more traditional. Maybe I'm just fooled by they shop & tattoo aesthetic.

Also I saw no veteran bashing, but if you want to hear it, that's another weird profession that is oddly placed on a pedestal.
ab0mination

Postby Jibonader » Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:56 pm

Looks like everyone removed the marketing stuff from their Instagrams. Hopefully nobody ever talks about this stuff again.
Jibonader

Postby spsp » Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:58 pm

Matt howse had the hottest and objectively best take over on instagram
spsp

Postby blackhawks#1 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:39 pm

spsp wrote:Matt howse had the hottest and objectively best take over on instagram

That actually made me follow him. The dude sounds like he nailed it
blackhawks#1
HELL YES

Postby organicshark » Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:59 pm

Snagged a cancellation spot with Ross K Jones last night. Thought I was done for the year but the itch needed to be scratched.
Thanks so much to Everence ® for allowing me to honor my pet tiger Jerry in a deeper and more meaningful way with his DNA in this tattoo
organicshark

Postby Yosupbro » Sun Dec 10, 2017 4:34 pm

I have the same underwear
Yosupbro

Postby earlyinthemorning » Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:12 pm

what's the to the left and above the most recent? and that's absolutely killer, how'd it feel? one shot? tough motherfucker
earlyinthemorning

Postby sayword!! » Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:03 pm

Yeah Steve Byrne deleted everything from his insta. Everyone got rid of the circle pic besides Scott and nick. Hopefully this just dies.
sayword!!

Postby Heathenist » Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:26 pm

sayword!! wrote:Yeah Steve Byrne deleted everything from his insta. Everyone got rid of the circle pic besides Scott and nick. Hopefully this just dies.

Heathenist wrote:I'm starting to suspect they were just offered a shitload of money just to make those posts, change their avatars, and post those IG stories and then will act like it never happened when the checks clear and this gimmick ends up being a bust. Most of the captions on the posts are really similar and makes me think the tattooers themselves have absolutely nothing to do with the "project".
Heathenist

Postby organicshark » Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:44 pm

earlyinthemorning wrote:what's the to the left and above the most recent? and that's absolutely killer, how'd it feel? one shot? tough motherfucker

The one above to the left is from Greggletron a couple years ago. I posted it in this thread a couple times if you look back through my posts.
Ya one shot not the worst but not fun. The blood drops are pretty much on my dick so that felt weird
organicshark

Postby maxandtotheleft » Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:18 pm

got the ol DNA special from Dan Nelson at American House today
Spoiler: show
maxandtotheleft

Postby chadinati » Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:47 am

It's even more lame that these dorks turned tail and scrubbed their accounts after the backlash. I don't care if someone's trying to make a buck, but at least own your shit.
chadinati

Postby earlyinthemorning » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:29 am

noticed that, haha. stuart gripwell is in denver. damnit, was going to get tattooed with my girl in portland
earlyinthemorning

Postby oliviatremorcontrol » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:35 am

Russ Abott is probably the best artist in the country. Need to get tattooed by him
oliviatremorcontrol

Postby BobbyxBrother » Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:00 pm

I fucking hate getting red tattooed on me. It heals like shit, and is agonizing on my arm right now.
BobbyxBrother

Postby tedz » Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:56 pm

oliviatremorcontrol wrote:Russ Abott is probably the best artist in the country. Need to get tattooed by him

fuck you duck butthole
tedz

Postby GlaryMilberg » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:53 pm

Chiming in late on the DNA stuff, I agree with most of what has been shared here. The whole thing added quite a bit of perspective and particularly made me appreciate some of the lesser hyped/known tattooers. I feel like you'd need quite the ego to be able to talk so much shit on people bastardizing tattooing and then turn around and launch a cheesy marketing campaign for a cheesy product that only serves the people they usually talk shit on. The whole "I'm immune from your criticism because I've been tattooing for this long" is dumb and further solidifies that you're an elitist prick. My tattoo wishlist just got shorter and that's cool because I'm almost out of room.
GlaryMilberg

Postby !azzip » Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:11 pm

my dad texted me about it a bit ago so it's officially over. back to pictures
!azzip
Mind the d, ladies

Postby Worship » Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:28 pm

ya he knows youd wanna put some of daddys dna inside of your gay body
Worship
9/11 truther

Postby earlyinthemorning » Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:00 pm

holy shit ^
earlyinthemorning

Postby GlaryMilberg » Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:46 am

There were some people on here looking for one of the Smith Street pitbull shirts. I have an unworn/unwashed Medium from my visit but it's oddly short, like it's an actual small. They wouldn't let me do a send exchange or mailorder another, so I'm finally letting go. If you think the shape might work, I'll send it for $20 to whoever PM's me.
GlaryMilberg

Postby martin life is war » Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:49 am

GlaryMilberg wrote:There were some people on here looking for one of the Smith Street pitbull shirts. I have an unworn/unwashed Medium from my visit but it's oddly short, like it's an actual small. They wouldn't let me do a send exchange or mailorder another, so I'm finally letting go. If you think the shape might work, I'll send it for $20 to whoever PM's me.

Damn you got my hopes up at the beginning there. I’m too torso-y for short shirts.
martin life is war

Postby c_floyd II » Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:23 am

I want it but I've never been tattooed there, seems to poser-ish for me.
c_floyd II

Postby GlaryMilberg » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:43 am

funboi wrote:I want it but I've never been tattooed there, seems to poser-ish for me.

If it makes you feel any better, it says nothing about tattooing on it. You'd think it was just a rad Brooklyn shirt if you didn't know any better, hah
GlaryMilberg

Postby righteous jad » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:51 pm

martin life is war wrote:
GlaryMilberg wrote:There were some people on here looking for one of the Smith Street pitbull shirts. I have an unworn/unwashed Medium from my visit but it's oddly short, like it's an actual small. They wouldn't let me do a send exchange or mailorder another, so I'm finally letting go. If you think the shape might work, I'll send it for $20 to whoever PM's me.

Damn you got my hopes up at the beginning there. I’m too torso-y for short shirts.
righteous jad

Postby Que Sera Sera » Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:56 pm

This has been floating around all over facebook.
https://www.boredpanda.com/12-year-old- ... rk-dormon/
Que Sera Sera

Postby Heathenist » Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:14 pm

Que Sera Sera wrote:This has been floating around all over facebook.
https://www.boredpanda.com/12-year-old- ... rk-dormon/

Not bad. The stuff they show looks like pretty standard apprentice level work, but looks like he can pull clean lines and the shading looks decent. If he keeps going he'll likely be pretty good eventually. But also let's remember that a lot of the old heads, especially ones who come from a tattooing family, have also been tattooing since they were that age. The thing that's really fascinating is that he doesn't come from a tattooing family and just stumbled into it because his mom was getting a tattoo and he wanted to try it.
Heathenist

Postby Lil Meatsauce » Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:27 pm

i need to get tatted by a child
Lil Meatsauce
has never craved a pumpkin

Postby Que Sera Sera » Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:40 pm

Definitely already better than most of the scratchers who own shops from my home town
Que Sera Sera

PreviousNext