post your new tattoos v. 3.0

General discussion, shows, and everything else.

Postby atlas fugged » Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:59 pm

Actually I live on the other side of PA and I'm not partial to any of the artists around here for what I want. I'm going to Philly for some conference for work and was planning to take advantage.
atlas fugged

Postby Heathenist » Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:51 pm

Worship wrote:also, im really not a tattoo guy, but ive been thinking about getting a half sleeve a lot lately

sounds like you're becoming a tattoo guy. I remember you posted in the old thread, but I don't remember you saying what style you were into or where you lived, etc.
Heathenist

Postby mad disrespect » Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:53 pm

Santoro from september all healed. He drew it on the spot, best d.ude

[resize]http://i.imgur.com/bIVV3.png,580[/resize]
Walk-in done by Eli Quinters a few days ago
(Since it's brand new, alot of the "black" in the blade will turn into a light grey)

Absolutely love working in the neighborhood and being able to stop by whenever I have the extra money
mad disrespect

Postby Heathenist » Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:56 pm

mad disrespect wrote:[resize]http://i.imgur.com/HrHQm.png,200[/resize]

[resize]http://i.imgur.com/bIVV3.png,200[/resize]

Absolutely love working in the neighborhood and being able to stop by whenever I have the extra money

Some people don't understand how nice they have it. Living within a few miles of one of the best shops in the country.
Heathenist

Postby Worship » Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:56 pm

Heathenist wrote:
Worship wrote:also, im really not a tattoo guy, but ive been thinking about getting a half sleeve a lot lately

sounds like you're becoming a tattoo guy. I remember you posted in the old thread, but I don't remember you saying what style you were into or where you lived, etc.

i posted occasionally just to admire other peoples work. my skin is blank canvas.

i really don't know the tattoo terminology, but im into what harvester of sorrow posted.
Worship
9/11 truther

Postby Heathenist » Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:00 pm

Worship wrote:
Heathenist wrote:

i posted occasionally just to admire other peoples work. my skin is blank canvas.

i really don't know the tattoo terminology, but im into what harvester of sorrow posted.

Seems like traditional/neo-traditional. Though, I don't really know how to classify the sleeved arm. It seems like maybe a mix between Japanese and American traditional, but I have no clue.

I suggest browsing lastparrowtattoo.com in the tattoo design section and try to find some stuff you're into.
Heathenist

Postby mad disrespect » Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:03 pm

HighlyRefinedPirate wrote:Also, I was curious as to some peoples tattoos. I am running out of pieces that mean something to me. And I am personally against getting a tattoo just cause I think it looks cool, so how dost thou guys come up with new ideas without just picking random flash art?

In my experience, if you get something done it will eventually give it self meaning. I got a portrait of garfield in a frame tattooed on me with the underlying "delusions of grandeur" meaning, well, since garfield hates mondays and is a lazy cat, why would he be in a regal-esque frame? (Whatever I was high) Months later when I re-watch one of my favorite movies, smiley face, Anna faris says something about loving lasagna. And that garfield loves lasagna. And she should frame a picture of President Garfield so everyone would know she loves lasagna, cause it would be meta.

So yeah, my tattoo means that to me NOW, but didn't when I got it. Hope that made sense. There's nothing wrong with getting a tattoo for the sake of getting one. Tattoos are tough in nature, dost thou think sailors and biker guys really delved into the meaning of life and the repercussions of maybe picking a design that didn't fit their palette?

Get a rose with someone's name on it. Or an animal, because you feel it fits your nature. Etc...it's easy to find meaning later
mad disrespect

Postby mad disrespect » Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:06 pm

Heathenist wrote:
mad disrespect wrote:

Some people don't understand how nice they have it. Living within a few miles of one of the best shops in the country.

People really don't appreciate how these fuckin eses take into account the number of walk-ins they allow per day. If you get there within the first few hours of them opening, there's like a 75% chance they can take you that day. Whereas BHR or O'donnell are booked for months straight. I guess it's more of a real old school approach, which is cool
mad disrespect

Postby the duck » Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:22 pm

got this done recently
the duck

Postby amin » Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:19 am

was it here that someone posted the little friday the 13th screaming hand? if so i'd love to see it reposted/artist cred
amin

Postby martin life is war » Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:33 am

Heathenist wrote:I'm sure there are good artists in Philly, but I said this in the last thread, if I was less than 2 hours from NY, I'd take advantage of it. For fucks sake, I travel 6 hours to get tattooed as it is, and I think it's pretty convenient.

this. the absolute BEST tattooers in philly are not as good as at LEAST a dozen tattooers in new york. for a city of this size and atmosphere we really ought to have a couple really excellent ones, but we seriously do not.
martin life is war

Postby xdielanx » Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:46 am

martin life is war wrote:
Heathenist wrote:I'm sure there are good artists in Philly, but I said this in the last thread, if I was less than 2 hours from NY, I'd take advantage of it. For fucks sake, I travel 6 hours to get tattooed as it is, and I think it's pretty convenient.

this. the absolute BEST tattooers in philly are not as good as at LEAST a dozen tattooers in new york. for a city of this size and atmosphere we really ought to have a couple really excellent ones, but we seriously do not.

Taking this into consideration for my next tattoo. I was wondering though, if you have like a custom idea you wish to get drawn up can you do that just by like emailing the artist?
xdielanx

Postby dazprospect » Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:29 am

Posted them in the old thread. Both my legs now finished.

[resize]http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/302002_10150344123025633_677965632_8211455_2055367718_n.jpg,580[/resize]

dazprospect

Postby chrisND666 » Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:34 am

mad disrespect wrote:
Heathenist wrote:
mad disrespect wrote:

People really don't appreciate how these fuckin eses take into account the number of walk-ins they allow per day. If you get there within the first few hours of them opening, there's like a 75% chance they can take you that day. Whereas BHR or O'donnell are booked for months straight. I guess it's more of a real old school approach, which is cool

Just made an appointment with BHR for May.. His wait was only about a month. Luckily I got ahold of him way sooner than I needed to.
chrisND666

Postby theXdXman » Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:03 am

Heathenist wrote:

this. the fuckin ese that has tattooed me here in rochester is awesome, but obviously no where near smith st fuckin eses. bums me out i no longer live 45 minutes from nyc :smt010
theXdXman

Postby XBrucewillisX » Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:27 am

Tattoo etiquette question:

My first tattoo I got (last August) was sort of a traditional styled piece, but instead of going to someone who does traditional work well, I went to someone who I had known for a while because I was super nervous. He's a great artist, just traditional work isn't really his style. Is it a dick move to get it touched up and added onto by someone who does traditional work well?
XBrucewillisX

Postby chrisND666 » Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:41 am

amin wrote:was it here that someone posted the little friday the 13th screaming hand? if so i'd love to see it reposted/artist cred

Yeah, it's the Santa Cruz Skateboards logo.. Done by Brandon Montero @ Custom Skin Art.

also, posted these in the other thread but apparently this is the new one that will be used sooo here goes again..

most recent.. part of a cover-up cobra by brandon montero. could only get the black done before i had to go to work so i'll be finishing it soon.
[resize]http://i480.photobucket.com/albums/rr164/mutilatethebeat/1b244c41.jpg,580[/resize]

mario desa

kim marks

brandon montero
chrisND666

Postby denimvest » Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:37 pm

roberts just cancelled on me, im so friggin bummed had my appointment at 1.
:smt011
still getting tattooed monday though by burk
denimvest

Postby gillian » Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:38 pm

less than 2 weeks until my next tattoo. cannnntttt waaiittt. :smt026
gillian

Postby Heathenist » Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:01 pm

denimvest wrote:roberts just cancelled on me, im so friggin bummed had my appointment at 1.
:smt011
still getting tattooed monday though by burk

That's a huge bummer.
Heathenist

Postby denimvest » Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:02 pm

called me right when i was about to leave to drive up to hollywood and said hes really sick.
glad i didnt come down just for him.
i knew it was too good to be true
denimvest

Postby righteous jad » Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:28 pm

Heathenist wrote:

Some people don't understand how nice they have it. Living within a few miles of one of the best shops in the country. the best shop in the world.

fixed :smt002
righteous jad

Postby Steven Mason » Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:04 pm

Steven Mason wrote:[resize]http://s3.amazonaws.com/data.tumblr.com/tumblr_m0e881y1RN1qzhgi5o1_1280.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJ6IHWSU3BX3X7X3Q&Expires=1331833320&Signature=wtm7zptbkO3jXQEhyAVXfR5SzmI%3D,200[/resize]
[resize]http://s3.amazonaws.com/data.tumblr.com/tumblr_m0e6vzbpSX1qzhgi5o1_1280.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJ6IHWSU3BX3X7X3Q&Expires=1331833326&Signature=NToG5krIc3G%2FsqGn%2B8BSC%2B4QkP0%3D,200[/resize]
[resize]http://s3.amazonaws.com/data.tumblr.com/tumblr_m0e6pmdInX1qzhgi5o1_1280.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJ6IHWSU3BX3X7X3Q&Expires=1331833328&Signature=uPtwxbu43oEz%2BHSndBL%2Bip91Y5I%3D,200[/resize]

[resize]http://s3.amazonaws.com/data.tumblr.com/tumblr_m0e6r1Tt4W1qzhgi5o1_1280.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJ6IHWSU3BX3X7X3Q&Expires=1331833330&Signature=k15FX7tTOmALA4sT2yP3qHkqIpI%3D,200[/resize]
[resize]http://s3.amazonaws.com/data.tumblr.com/tumblr_m0e6nmiYD61qzhgi5o1_1280.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJ6IHWSU3BX3X7X3Q&Expires=1331833332&Signature=Lw0%2FYkpCQpbqMR12%2BPnNsGXdw5A%3D,200[/resize]
[resize]http://s3.amazonaws.com/data.tumblr.com/tumblr_m0e6l0vkLp1qzhgi5o1_1280.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJ6IHWSU3BX3X7X3Q&Expires=1331833333&Signature=gJur3VidwSYgHv%2F2Zorh8m5DRlc%3D,200[/resize]
[resize]http://opp-m.com/7/0/5/26705/assets/p7164WORT1k4CRjs.jpg,200[/resize]
All new, all on my right arm, all by Matt Lambdin at Liquid Chaos in Brownstown, Michigan. mattlambdinart.com

Reposting because of fuckdicks.
Steven Mason

Postby xdielanx » Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:18 pm

Posted this in the old thread when I first got it in December. All healed now.

[resize]http://i43.tinypic.com/pnkn8.jpg,580[/resize]
xdielanx

Postby oldorder » Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:25 pm

XBrucewillisX wrote:Tattoo etiquette question:

My first tattoo I got (last August) was sort of a traditional styled piece, but instead of going to someone who does traditional work well, I went to someone who I had known for a while because I was super nervous. He's a great artist, just traditional work isn't really his style. Is it a dick move to get it touched up and added onto by someone who does traditional work well?

I'm not 100% sure, but I believe a lot of artists won't touch some one else's work unless you have a more compelling story, or are covering up something regretful.
oldorder
would rather die than not eat Taco Bell

Postby NICK BLINKO » Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:52 pm

[resize]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v13/littlehammet/a1833104.jpg,580[/resize]
NICK BLINKO
ginormous carrot top fan

Postby XBrucewillisX » Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:03 pm

oldorder wrote:

I'm not 100% sure, but I believe a lot of artists won't touch some one else's work unless you have a more compelling story, or are covering up something regretful.

Yeah, that's sort of what I assumed.
XBrucewillisX

Postby itzmehall » Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:05 pm

So many good tattoos in the new thread, what a great start. Hoping to make a trip to NYC in the next couple of months. Want to go to Smith St and Saved to see Cris Cleen.
itzmehall

Postby martin life is war » Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:09 pm

XBrucewillisX wrote:
oldorder wrote:

Yeah, that's sort of what I assumed.

I don't agree. first of all, regarding if it's a "dick move" toward the first tattooer, it's never a dick move to give yourself something better if they didn't do a stellar job. it's your skin and you don't owe anything to him. and as for going to another tattooer to make it better, I think plenty of guys would be willing to help you out. Whether they'd want to touch it up or cover it up or just work around it all depends on how they feel about the og tattoo.
martin life is war

Postby martin life is war » Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:13 pm

xdielanx wrote:

Taking this into consideration for my next tattoo. I was wondering though, if you have like a custom idea you wish to get drawn up can you do that just by like emailing the artist?

most tattooers I know won't do this. if they did, they'd constantly be drawing shit to email to people who say they want to come in but don't end up showing, which is basically working for free. it's better (and just nicer) to do it all in person.
martin life is war

Postby Heathenist » Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:23 pm

xdielanx wrote:

most tattooers I know won't do this. if they did, they'd constantly be drawing shit to email to people who say they want to come in but don't end up showing, which is basically working for free. it's better (and just nicer) to do it all in person.

I think it works like any other custom drawn tattoo where as long as you put down a deposit they will draw it up ahead of time. That's what Mario did with my dagger.
Heathenist

Postby itzmehall » Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:33 pm

weworepanthersonourhands wrote:CJ Fishburn

This is nice! I would love to get something by either CJ or Tyler Densley. Don't think I'll have a reason to be out in Utah though.
itzmehall

Postby Worship » Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:35 pm

just wanna say that danno has the best collection of tattoos on the board. so many good funny ones.
Worship
9/11 truther

Postby chrisND666 » Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:08 pm

got these two little guys today by brandon montero.

chrisND666

Postby glassxhalfxempty » Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:15 pm

Anyone on here going to Hell City in May?
glassxhalfxempty

Postby Buttons » Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:20 pm

oldorder wrote:

No, a lot of artists don't care unless it's a friend of theirs, co-worker or there's nothing wrong with the tattoo.
Buttons

Postby robwhalley » Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:40 pm

Steve Fornier
robwhalley

Postby robwhalley » Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:43 pm

[resize]http://distilleryimage8.s3.amazonaws.com/4495e4e26c8711e181bd12313817987b_7.jpg,580[/resize]
Steve Fournier

Edit: I'm going to be in NYC next week. I know it's an easy thing to search, but I wanted some personal opinions on good shops to check out.
robwhalley

Postby viii.viii.viii » Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:57 pm

chrisND666 wrote:
amin wrote:was it here that someone posted the little friday the 13th screaming hand? if so i'd love to see it reposted/artist cred

Yeah, it's the Santa Cruz Skateboards logo.. Done by Brandon Montero @ Custom Skin Art.

[resize]http://i480.photobucket.com/albums/rr164/mutilatethebeat/2be44b1f.jpg,200[/resize]

also, posted these in the other thread but apparently this is the new one that will be used sooo here goes again..

most recent.. part of a cover-up cobra by brandon montero. could only get the black done before i had to go to work so i'll be finishing it soon.
[resize]http://i480.photobucket.com/albums/rr164/mutilatethebeat/1b244c41.jpg,200[/resize]

mario desa
[resize]http://i480.photobucket.com/albums/rr164/mutilatethebeat/e56ee751.jpg,200[/resize]

kim marks
[resize]http://i480.photobucket.com/albums/rr164/mutilatethebeat/d2ab3849.jpg,200[/resize]

brandon montero
[resize]http://i480.photobucket.com/albums/rr164/mutilatethebeat/218ec60e.jpg,200[/resize]

Santa Cruz / Jim Phillips original drawing
viii.viii.viii

Postby catchabadone » Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:51 pm

[quote=

Edit: I'm going to be in NYC next week. I know it's an easy thing to search, but I wanted some personal opinions on good shops to check out.[/quote]

3 Kings, Smith Street, Saved, NY Adorned, Daredevil
catchabadone

Postby preparationHXC » Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:39 pm

Buttons wrote:
oldorder wrote:

No, a lot of artists don't care unless it's a friend of theirs, co-worker or there's nothing wrong with the tattoo.

The artist he's thinking about having touch up the tattoo (I believe), doesn't have a very high opinion of the guy who did the first tattoo.
Post it up, son. Might as well let the class know what you're talking about.
preparationHXC

Postby xcaitlinx » Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:58 am

got this last night. Jordan Epperson @ No Regrets Tattoo, in Memphis, TN.

thinking about trying to get tattooed in Chicago next week, just want a little piece of flash so I can remember my trip.
xcaitlinx

Postby Iconoclast » Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:03 am

Nope. I've gotten plenty of tattoos touched up by artists other than the one who tattooed it. You gotta take care of your investment one way or another.
Iconoclast

Postby Iconoclast » Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:06 am

Buttons wrote:
oldorder wrote:

My tattooer touches up tattoos that his friends have done all the time. Maybe there are some guys who would take offense to that, fuck them though. Once it's on your skin, it's at your discretion. Tattoo politics are for whiny children
Iconoclast

Postby XBrucewillisX » Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:05 am

preparationHXC wrote:
Buttons wrote:
oldorder wrote:

The artist he's thinking about having touch up the tattoo (I believe), doesn't have a very high opinion of the guy who did the first tattoo.
Post it up, son. Might as well let the class know what you're talking about.

Hahah I wasn't aware of this, but I guess it makes sense. I would post a picture but I don't have a camera and my webcam sucks.
XBrucewillisX

Postby franzstefanik » Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:39 pm

Yo people! Here is a few from the Salt Lake City Convention that wernt already posted. Chicago Tattoo Convention is coming up April 13-15th and i have a few appointments available. The week after i will be at Lab Monkey Tattoo in Scotland from the 23-26 and have a bit of time available there, and then i will be in Swindon UK at Wood Street Tattoo from the 28th to may 1st very limited space in Swindon.

email me for appointments

franzstefanik@gmail.com

franzstefanik

Postby x69guy420x » Sat Mar 17, 2012 1:07 pm

[resize]http://distilleryimage8.instagram.com/97b87f8a6fd011e1989612313815112c_7.jpg,580[/resize]
done by christian peters at top shelf tattoo
x69guy420x

Postby Hoopdreams » Sat Mar 17, 2012 2:07 pm

xcaitlinx wrote:got this last night. Jordan Epperson @ No Regrets Tattoo, in Memphis, TN.
[resize]http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m11a2y6Lqz1qzwi5lo1_500.jpg,200[/resize]

thinking about trying to get tattooed in Chicago next week, just want a little piece of flash so I can remember my trip.

hang up your boots
Hoopdreams
Have Heart superfan

Postby xbdonx » Sat Mar 17, 2012 2:09 pm

x69guy420x wrote:[resize]http://distilleryimage8.instagram.com/97b87f8a6fd011e1989612313815112c_7.jpg,200[/resize]

Christian Peters is criminally underrated
xbdonx

Postby mad disrespect » Sat Mar 17, 2012 2:12 pm

x69guy420x wrote:[resize]http://distilleryimage8.instagram.com/97b87f8a6fd011e1989612313815112c_7.jpg,200[/resize]

CLEAN
mad disrespect

PreviousNext