B9 MMA Thread

General discussion, shows, and everything else.

Postby Tell 'Em Steve Dave » Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:57 pm

Welcome to the B9 MMA Thread,

For every event, we host a chat located at www.bridgemma.com/bridge-chat
The basic rules apply - no (outrageous) flaming, trolling, etc.

No streams are to be posted in the thread or any new ones regarding MMA events. Brings the B9 unnecessary heat.

seriously, no streams. damn.
Last edited by Tell 'Em Steve Dave on Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:44 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Tell 'Em Steve Dave

Postby Thieves Dont » Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:00 pm

Close to 1200 pages. How will I ever bring up quotes to win arguments now?
Thieves Dont

Postby Martin Payne » Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:02 pm

Had to be done. I could only imagine how much data the threads that were deleted were using. It's more than likely for the best.
Martin Payne

Postby Tell 'Em Steve Dave » Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:03 pm

now there is like 0 evidence kreatvres ever existed.
Tell 'Em Steve Dave

Postby UselessJay » Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:04 pm

So many classic arguments/predictions/photos/sig&avatar bets.

Fuck.
UselessJay

Postby JareDestroyer » Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:04 pm

Well damn.
JareDestroyer

Postby Thieves Dont » Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:05 pm

Shogun vs. Rampage 2, then they're cutting ties with Rampage. Not resigning him - via Dana on UFC Tonight.

Anyone have a fucking stream?!
Thieves Dont

Postby Tell 'Em Steve Dave » Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:10 pm

Thieves Dont wrote:Shogun vs. Rampage 2, then their cutting ties with Rampage. Not resigning him - via Dana on UFC Tonight.

Anyone have a fucking stream?!

holy shit
Tell 'Em Steve Dave

Postby UselessJay » Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:11 pm

Shogun is gonna wax that ass. Peace Rampage.
UselessJay

Postby Thieves Dont » Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:16 pm

UselessJay wrote:Shogun is gonna wax that ass. Peace Rampage.

Shogun leg kicks Rampage into oblivion, takes him down and submits him.
Thieves Dont

Postby Martin Payne » Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:17 pm

And you know he's blasting Ceremony after that Hendo decision for sure.
Martin Payne

Postby Thieves Dont » Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:20 pm

For as bad a rap as Shogun gets for his wrestling, he sure does take down some great wrestlers too.
Thieves Dont

Postby zombie_jesus » Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:21 pm

That's awesome. Shogun is probably going to knee rampage's nose through the back of his skull, and it's going to be awesome. I am glad that they didn't just give rampage some shitty fight on an undercard for the last fight of his contract.
zombie_jesus

Postby Thieves Dont » Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:23 pm

Thieves Dont

Postby Tell 'Em Steve Dave » Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:24 pm

where dost thou guys think rampage goes after the shogun fight? retire, bellator, regional shows, boxing?
Tell 'Em Steve Dave

Postby capeside » Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:29 pm

Well damn, only 1000 pages of that thread was people arguing with lee or kreatures saying he could hang in the UFC with his wrestling, plus his combo on that dummy was something to see. Following this thread as the official mma thread.
capeside

Postby capeside » Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:32 pm

No matter where Ramapge goes, people will know how to beat him.
capeside

Postby Thieves Dont » Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:34 pm

Tell 'Em Steve Dave wrote:where dost thou guys think rampage goes after the shogun fight? retire, bellator, regional shows, boxing?

He seriously mentioned King of The Cage in his interview with Bas.
Thieves Dont

Postby dustin// » Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:36 pm

Martin Payne wrote:Had to be done. I could only imagine how much data the threads that were deleted were using. It's more than likely for the best.

not much. largely text and hotlinked images/videos.
dustin//

Postby capeside » Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:36 pm

Okay, maybe in king of cage they don't. :smt005 wow
capeside

Postby Woodshatter » Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:40 pm

I could see Rampage doing a fight or two for DREAM, but who really knows. I'm betting on retirement, even though he'll say otherwise.

[spoiler1]Or a contract with SUPER...FIGHT...LEAGUEEEEEE[/spoiler]
Woodshatter

Postby Tell 'Em Steve Dave » Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:41 pm

Rampage Vs Tony Lopez at King of the Cage: WARZONE
Tell 'Em Steve Dave

Postby Tell 'Em Steve Dave » Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:42 pm

i think one fc will pick him up. they seem to have the cash and are probably desperate for names.
Tell 'Em Steve Dave

Postby Thieves Dont » Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:43 pm

M-1 Global MMA-1 and Super Fight League presents: Fedor vs. Rampage
Thieves Dont

Postby Thieves Dont » Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:44 pm

SO pathetic how Rampage is finishing up.
Thieves Dont

Postby Thieves Dont » Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:46 pm

Warren confirmed to have a concussion, permanently dropping to 135

Tobin confirmed that Warren vomited backstage after the fight, which he attributed to the punches and "exhaustion." Warren was then taken to the hospital, where tests cleared him of permanent brain damage.
Thieves Dont

Postby GuyIncognito » Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:51 pm

NEVER FORGET!

GuyIncognito

Postby JOe... » Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:59 pm

Radical, 2 of the 3 threads i give a fuck about are gone.

I want answers.
JOe...

Postby The Face » Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:00 pm

Man, bummed about the about the old thread going - so much history there :(

Thrilled about Shogun vs Rampage - appalled at Quinton's carry-on lately, The fuckin eses fallen into that Paul Daley mindset of "fight my game or you're a fraggle" - get real. As much as I've enjoyed both his Persona and his fighting, I hope Shogun whoops that ass.
The Face

Postby zombie_jesus » Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:03 pm

Thieves Dont wrote:Warren confirmed to have a concussion, permanently dropping to 135

Tobin confirmed that Warren vomited backstage after the fight, which he attributed to the punches and "exhaustion." Warren was then taken to the hospital, where tests cleared him of permanent brain damage.

It's got to feel pretty good to beat a guy so badly that he drops down to another division.
zombie_jesus

Postby chillerthanmost » Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:06 pm

Sucks that the thread is gone and I love rampage but im pulling for shogun in this fight
chillerthanmost

Postby zombie_jesus » Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:08 pm

If Rampage doesn't go to Strikeforce he will just be fighting cans or other guys as washed up as he will be.

He will probably end up making terrible movies co starring John Cena and stone cold, fight some cans on shark fights or king of cage once a year until he ends up being in such terrible shape that he loses to a couple of nobodies in a row and then retires.
zombie_jesus

Postby GuyIncognito » Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:09 pm

SHOGUN/RAMPAGE II ANNOUNCED

LET THE VIOLENCE BEGIN
GuyIncognito

Postby Thieves Dont » Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:11 pm

GuyIncognito wrote:SHOGUN/RAMPAGE II ANNOUNCED

LET THE VIOLENCE BEGIN

Thieves Dont

Postby LukeP » Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:15 pm

Who am I foolin'? I'm not going to actually read this thread
LukeP

Postby TimeKiller » Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:22 pm

:smt010

I can't believe they deleted the MMA thread.

Also, fuck Rampage. As someone who never liked him:

TimeKiller

Postby JareDestroyer » Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:34 pm

What's everyone stance on Pettis possibly dropping down to fight Aldo?
JareDestroyer

Postby Worship » Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:36 pm

shogun
Worship
DIRTY DIAPERS

Postby TimeKiller » Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:53 pm

JareDestroyer wrote:What's everyone stance on Pettis possibly dropping down to fight Aldo?

I don't love Pettis' chances in that fight. He throws a bit wild sometimes, and Also is right up there with Anderson in terms of pin-point counter-striking. Put a weight cut on top of that and it seems like it's definitely an uphill battle for him.

Plus he already lost a #1 contender fight, so if he drops and loses to Aldo he's going to get the Kenflo "choker" label and have to wait a long-ass time to get another shot in either weight class.

If you ask me, he's better off hanging around in the mix at 155 in the UFC or going over to SF to fight Melendez than he is dropping down a weight class. Fuck, imagine if he went over to SF and beat Gil while Bendo beats Frankie in the rematch: Bendo/Pettis two would not only be made instantly but it would be a title unification bout. Fuck, they'd probably restart the WEC in their honor.
TimeKiller

Postby JOe... » Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:57 pm

GuyIncognito wrote:SHOGUN/RAMPAGE II ANNOUNCED

LET THE VIOLENCE BEGIN

if rampage limits his training to lifting cake from the plate to his mouth again, shogun is going to absolutely murder him.
JOe...

Postby JOe... » Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:02 pm

Thieves Dont wrote:
Tell 'Em Steve Dave wrote:where dost thou guys think rampage goes after the shogun fight? retire, bellator, regional shows, boxing?

He seriously mentioned King of The Cage in his interview with Bas.

hes legitimately out of his mind. He thinks hes gonna get paid more in kotc ? Judas Priest.

I predict hes just going to try and start acting. Then when that gig goes sour we'll see a fat, old rampage fighting in some second tier mma company for grocery money.
JOe...

Postby Cousin Skeeter » Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:07 pm

If the Rampage that fought Bones shows up, he'll beat Shogun. If he doesn't get injured, I'd definitely pick him in that fight. It's his last in the promotion, he'll be trying to go out on a good note to get that cash. Even though I've been a diehard Rampage fan for years, his recent antics have kinda made me go back on that. I'll probably be cheering for Shogun, and that's coming from someone who almost cried and didn't speak for hours after he lost to Forrest.
Cousin Skeeter

Postby Nick F » Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:12 pm

Rampage should go to the WWE.
Nick F

Postby zombie_jesus » Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:17 pm

Nick F wrote:Rampage should go to the WWE.

Rampage vs Sonnen for the "Ken Shamrock - Baddest Man on the Planet" Belt
zombie_jesus

Postby zombie_jesus » Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:21 pm

I think that Aldo Pettis would be a great fight, but I agree with Timekiller that it may not be the best decision for him career-wise.

I also agree that sending him to SF to fight gilbert for the oporuntiy to unify the belts would be huge, and I think it would be hugely marketable.The only problem with that would be that the Finale of that little tournament, should gilbert retain his title, would have to take place on showtime, where as I am sure the UFC would (rightfully) much prefer to do a PPV. So I don't know how that whole scenario would play out.
zombie_jesus

Postby TimeKiller » Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:27 pm

Cousin Skeeter wrote:If the Rampage that fought Bones shows up, he'll beat Shogun. If he doesn't get injured, I'd definitely pick him in that fight. It's his last in the promotion, he'll be trying to go out on a good note to get that cash. Even though I've been a diehard Rampage fan for years, his recent antics have kinda made me go back on that. I'll probably be cheering for Shogun, and that's coming from someone who almost cried and didn't speak for hours after he lost to Forrest.

I'm curious about what you saw in his fight with Jones that makes you think he'd beat Shogun?

Rampage (lately) has shown a definite hesitancy to pull the trigger in fights with a lot on the line (Jones, Machida, Evans), whereas Shogun will be coming in confident, blasting Ceremony and ready to throw down. It could easily be a boring fight if Shogun decides he doesn't want to engage and settles for just leg-kicking Rampage to death from the outside, but I have a hard time imagining that Rampage is really going to bring it to Shogun since he knows first hand what Shogun can do in the clinch. Besides, what has Rampage really done in his last how many fights? Sat back, not thrown and waited to land a slow-ass counter right. It's been said before, but it bears repeating: everyone on planet motherfucking Earth knows Rampage's gameplan at this point, and I'm pretty sure Shogun is clever enough to figure out a way to get under that right hand and knee his face into mush again.
TimeKiller

Postby Cousin Skeeter » Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:30 pm

Pettis should definitely go to Strikeforce. Best career decision for him. Would love to see Guillard, J-Lau, and Tibau go mix things up over there too.
Cousin Skeeter

Postby Cousin Skeeter » Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:34 pm

TimeKiller wrote:
Cousin Skeeter wrote:If the Rampage that fought Bones shows up, he'll beat Shogun. If he doesn't get injured, I'd definitely pick him in that fight. It's his last in the promotion, he'll be trying to go out on a good note to get that cash. Even though I've been a diehard Rampage fan for years, his recent antics have kinda made me go back on that. I'll probably be cheering for Shogun, and that's coming from someone who almost cried and didn't speak for hours after he lost to Forrest.

I'm curious about what you saw in his fight with Jones that makes you think he'd beat Shogun?

Rampage (lately) has shown a definite hesitancy to pull the trigger in fights with a lot on the line (Jones, Machida, Evans), whereas Shogun will be coming in confident, blasting Ceremony and ready to throw down. It could easily be a boring fight if Shogun decides he doesn't want to engage and settles for just leg-kicking Rampage to death from the outside, but I have a hard time imagining that Rampage is really going to bring it to Shogun since he knows first hand what Shogun can do in the clinch. Besides, what has Rampage really done in his last how many fights? Sat back, not thrown and waited to land a slow-ass counter right. It's been said before, but it bears repeating: everyone on planet motherfucking Earth knows Rampage's gameplan at this point, and I'm pretty sure Shogun is clever enough to figure out a way to get under that right hand and knee his face into mush again.

He looked better against Jones than anyone else has during his championship run. He just couldn't close the distance and pull the trigger fast enough for him. I think Rampage-Shogun will be a pretty even fight. Not saying Rampage will win, but I would definitely pick a 100% Rampage against him. Not to mention that Shogun still had a cardio issue in the Hendo fight that went largely unnoticed because Hendo gassed a million times worse from throwing a ton of power punches. I'm sure people will argue that he didn't gas, but he had mount for so fucking long and couldn't muster up enough energy to finish the fight.
Cousin Skeeter

Postby TimeKiller » Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:43 pm

Cousin Skeeter wrote:
TimeKiller wrote:

He looked better against Jones than anyone else has during his championship run. He just couldn't close the distance and pull the trigger fast enough for him. I think Rampage-Shogun will be a pretty even fight. Not saying Rampage will win, but I would definitely pick a 100% Rampage against him. Not to mention that Shogun still had a cardio issue in the Hendo fight that went largely unnoticed because Hendo gassed a million times worse from throwing a ton of power punches. I'm sure people will argue that he didn't gas, but he had mount for so fucking long and couldn't muster up enough energy to finish the fight.

I dunno, even though he got finished earlier I would say Machida looked better against Jones because he actually hit him a couple of times. Honestly, Jones/Rampage just looked like Jones fucking around for a couple of rounds. I mean really, Rampage was so totally piped to finally submit by the 4th it was kind of hard to watch.

Also, I don't know if it was a cardio issue for Shogun in the Hendo fight so much as he'd just had his head halfway caved-in and barely survived those first 2 rounds. I would imagine that if he hadn't been brutally beaten the way he was his cardio would have held up a lot better. That's gotta count for something. At any rate, I doubt Shogun needs to worry that Rampage of all people is going to out-cardio him in their fight.

Just because I'm still mad about it, I'll also say this: Shogun/Hendo was totally a draw. There is no way you can score that fight as a win for Henderson.
TimeKiller

Postby Cousin Skeeter » Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:48 pm

TimeKiller wrote:
Cousin Skeeter wrote:
TimeKiller wrote:

I dunno, even though he got finished earlier I would say Machida looked better against Jones because he actually hit him a couple of times. Honestly, Jones/Rampage just looked like Jones fucking around for a couple of rounds. I mean really, Rampage was so totally piped to finally submit by the 4th it was kind of hard to watch.

Also, I don't know if it was a cardio issue for Shogun in the Hendo fight so much as he'd just had his head halfway caved-in and barely survived those first 2 rounds. I would imagine that if he hadn't been brutally beaten the way he was his cardio would have held up a lot better. That's gotta count for something. At any rate, I doubt Shogun needs to worry that Rampage of all people is going to out-cardio him in their fight.

Just because I'm still mad about it, I'll also say this: Shogun/Hendo was totally a draw. There is no way you can score that fight as a win for Henderson.

I can agree that Machida looked better in round 1, but he got fucked up in round 2. I thought Rampage's head movement and boxing looked really good against Jones, and he would've ran through Bader if THAT Rampage would've showed up. Hell, everyone was saying how much better he looked in the Jones fight even though he didn't do much damage due to the reach.

I'm sure Shogun almost dying had a lot to do with his cardio. He has terrible takedown defense though, and I think Rampage might exploit that if he's not getting his way standing. I had Hendo-Shogun as a draw, but I wasn't mad at the decision based solely on how much more damage Hendo did than Shogun.
Cousin Skeeter

Next