Official 2012 Fantasy Baseball Thread

General discussion, shows, and everything else.

Postby The Broken Vow » Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:25 pm

Now I am being offered Braun for Cliff Lee. Thoughts. Plus what's the chance of Utley playing well this season? 50%?
The Broken Vow

Postby Master Chief » Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:27 pm

The Broken Vow wrote:Now I am being offered Braun for Cliff Lee. Thoughts. Plus what's the chance of Utley playing well this season? 50%?

What's your pitching? As long as he's not the only good pitcher on your squad, take it.
Master Chief

Postby The Broken Vow » Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:36 pm

Master Chief wrote:
The Broken Vow wrote:Now I am being offered Braun for Cliff Lee. Thoughts. Plus what's the chance of Utley playing well this season? 50%?

What's your pitching? As long as he's not the only good pitcher on your squad, take it.

I have Greinke. I'm paranoid about Fielder leaving and this offseason BS.
The Broken Vow

Postby The Broken Vow » Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:37 pm

This is happening right now. I was thinking trying Lee Hosmer and Bourn (he has a hard on for him) for Braun and Adrian
The Broken Vow

Postby Chronoclast » Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:26 pm

Such a steal fuckin ese. Think of it like this...it's a 1st rounder for a 3rd rounder. Done deal.
Chronoclast

Postby The Broken Vow » Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:29 pm

Chronoclast wrote:

Such a steal fuckin ese. Think of it like this...it's a 1st rounder for a 3rd rounder. Done deal.

Nobody is worried about Fielder leaving and Braun's off season?
The Broken Vow

Postby bandrus 1 » Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:08 pm

no that is a steal
bandrus 1

Postby zaccvv » Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:11 pm

im not worried about fielder leaving. I'm not the biggest believer in "protection" in the lineup. I think after the first month of the season he'll leave the offseason behind him and put up his very usual good numbers.

Matt Kemp on the other hand...he had a career year...no way he does that again.
zaccvv

Postby bandrus 1 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:04 pm

we need 1 more person for the $ fantasy league and that will make 12
bandrus 1

Postby StabMasterArson » Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:23 am

I wanted your guys' opinion on if I should make this move or not.

He would trade away Kershaw or Halladay (whoever I choose)

I would trade Buster Posey & CC Sabathia

For some reason I just don't have faith in CC this season and I have Carlos Santana I can move to the catcher spot and Trumbo to move to the 1B position. So I have options if I get rid of Posey. I just don't want to get shafted on this deal. I think it'll be good for me but I keep second guessing myself.
StabMasterArson

Postby Master Chief » Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:22 am

StabMasterArson wrote:I wanted your guys' opinion on if I should make this move or not.

For some reason I just don't have faith in CC this season and I have Carlos Santana I can move to the catcher spot and Trumbo to move to the 1B position. So I have options if I get rid of Posey. I just don't want to get shafted on this deal. I think it'll be good for me but I keep second guessing myself.

Nope. I think Halladay will have a great season but there is some weird concerns about his velocity and if he's hiding an injury. I don't think he is, but still, a thought. Although Kershaw will be better statistically, CC will net you more wins and still pitch you a ton of innings. He's a great starter to have.

You're better off still having a top5 pitcher and holding on to Posey.
Master Chief

Postby The Broken Vow » Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:23 am

StabMasterArson wrote:I wanted your guys' opinion on if I should make this move or not.

I would do this deal without hesitation. I don't care much for C position so in my mind I see it as CC for Kershaw or Halladay. Both of those guys will pitch better than CC. Posey is an injury concern as well. Before you decide on the trade figure out who your new C will be.
The Broken Vow

Postby Master Chief » Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:36 am

The Broken Vow wrote:

I would do this deal without hesitation. I don't care much for C position so in my mind I see it as CC for Kershaw or Halladay. Both of those guys will pitch better than CC. Posey is an injury concern as well. Before you decide on the trade figure out who your new C will be.

He already said in his post who his second catcher is.
Master Chief

Postby joetee316 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:53 am

Does anyone want in on a $50 roto league? Auction draft is Thur. nite at 8PM EST. Yes, in 2 days. One guy from here is looking for an escape route. He's been wavering for quite some time. He'll do it but would prefer not to. Let me know! Any help would be deeply appreciated. I told him I'd help him out.
joetee316

Postby StabMasterArson » Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:38 am

Master Chief wrote:

Nope. I think Halladay will have a great season but there is some weird concerns about his velocity and if he's hiding an injury. I don't think he is, but still, a thought. Although Kershaw will be better statistically, CC will net you more wins and still pitch you a ton of innings. He's a great starter to have.

You're better off still having a top5 pitcher and holding on to Posey.

If velocity is an issue then Kershaw is a no brainer. I just get this feeling that a nagging shoulder issue is going to really fuck me with CC on my team. Also, Posey and his ankle, how many days off are the GIants going to give him or is he going to be giving a lot of time at first base enough for me to have him in my lineup and keep the guy.
StabMasterArson

Postby StabMasterArson » Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:39 am

The Broken Vow wrote:

Not caring about the catcher position could make or break your team.
StabMasterArson

Postby Pete Rose » Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:38 am

bandrus 1 wrote:we need 1 more person for the $ fantasy league and that will make 12

Did you find anyone for this? What's the format?
Pete Rose

Postby the chocolate factory » Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:40 am

Pete Rose wrote:
bandrus 1 wrote:we need 1 more person for the $ fantasy league and that will make 12

h2h on yahoo
the chocolate factory

Postby Pete Rose » Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:24 pm

the chocolate factory wrote:
Pete Rose wrote:

h2h on yahoo

Points or categories?
Pete Rose

Postby shaners » Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:29 pm

Pete Rose wrote:
Pete Rose wrote:

h2h on yahoo

Points or categories?

categories...draft is sunday and we need one more for 12...DO IT
shaners

Postby bandrus 1 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:30 pm

yea could really use 1
bandrus 1

Postby Pete Rose » Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:29 pm

shaners wrote:
Pete Rose wrote:
Pete Rose wrote:

h2h on yahoo

Points or categories?

categories...draft is sunday and we need one more for 12...DO IT

ah man. i'm already in a h2h categories league. i was looking for a points league. unfortunately i'll have to pass.
Pete Rose

Postby Pete Rose » Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:54 pm

traded Darvish for Granderson. As soon as i went to my fantasy app to make sure it went through, i see this. sign?

Pete Rose

Postby bandrus 1 » Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:56 pm

Pete Rose wrote:traded Darvish for Granderson. As soon as i went to my fantasy app to make sure it went through, i see this. sign?

how can a league where that trade happens even be fun?
bandrus 1

Postby Pete Rose » Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:01 pm

bandrus 1 wrote:
Pete Rose wrote:traded Darvish for Granderson. As soon as i went to my fantasy app to make sure it went through, i see this. sign?

i mean, i made a run on pitching early. i still have CC, Felix, Ian Kennedy and Brandon Morrow. My outfield was weak though. fuckin ese i traded with had a lot of bats but no pitching. what's wrong with it?
Pete Rose

Postby Lobsterdog » Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:05 pm

Pete Rose wrote:
bandrus 1 wrote:

i mean, i made a run on pitching early. i still have CC, Felix, Ian Kennedy and Brandon Morrow. My outfield was weak though. fuckin ese i traded with had a lot of bats but no pitching. what's wrong with it?

Uh, whats wrong with it is that Granderson is a 2nd/3rd round pick and Yu Darvish is like a 9th or 10th rounder?

Whoever traded Granderson is dumb as fuck and deserves his baseball season of misery that awaits him.
Lobsterdog
Lobsterdog 2: Son of Lobsterdog

Postby Pete Rose » Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:07 pm

Lobsterdog wrote:
Pete Rose wrote:
bandrus 1 wrote:

Uh, whats wrong with it is that Granderson is a 2nd/3rd round pick and Yu Darvish is like a 9th or 10th rounder?

Whoever traded Granderson is dumb as fuck and deserves his baseball season of misery that awaits him.

that's not on me. he made a message board post on the league board and said he wanted pitching and i offered him this trade. he accepted. i do not give an actual fuck.
Pete Rose

Postby Lobsterdog » Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:07 pm

That wasnt the original question.
Lobsterdog

Postby bandrus 1 » Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:11 pm

like I said how is it fun... granderson is more like a mid 2nd rounder.... and you traded a guy who has never played mlb for him..... just doesnt seem fun playing with people who have 0 clue whats going on
bandrus 1

Postby Pete Rose » Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:11 pm

Lobsterdog wrote:That wasnt the original question.

yeah, you're right.
i'm not sure who the poster is that i made that trade with.
pretty sure 95% of the rest of the teams would not have accepted that, so i don't think this can be an indictment on the league as a whole.
once again though, i got granderson for darvish, i give no fucks.
Pete Rose

Postby Pete Rose » Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:14 pm

bandrus 1 wrote:like I said how is it fun... granderson is more like a mid 2nd rounder.... and you traded a guy who has never played mlb for him..... just doesnt seem fun playing with people who have 0 clue whats going on

like i said, i'm not sure who it was that i traded with. I know other guys in the league (posters Hungry like the wolf, master chief, etc..) wouldn't have made the trade he did. oh well.

also, just out of curiosity, how many playoff teams are average in a 12 team league?
Pete Rose

Postby bandrus 1 » Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:15 pm

6 is the norm in 12 team leagues
bandrus 1

Postby Pete Rose » Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:17 pm

bandrus 1 wrote:6 is the norm in 12 team leagues

yeah...our league manager just changed it to two teams the other day.

fucking two.

we have three divisions. i could win my fucking division and not get in.
Pete Rose

Postby Lobsterdog » Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:18 pm

also if i was in that league i would be vetoing that trade faster than an Aroldis Chapman fastball.
Lobsterdog

Postby bandrus 1 » Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:18 pm

Lobsterdog wrote:also if i was in that league i would be vetoing that trade faster than an Aroldis Chapman fastball.

trades should not be vetoed unless their is collusion

last year I traded for crawford pre season and everybody was blasting Ceremony and wanted it vetoed....... see how that worked out for me

vetoes are for clear indications of cheating not lopsided trades
bandrus 1

Postby Lobsterdog » Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:21 pm

I would absolutely exercise the power of veto to rule out incompetence
Lobsterdog

Postby Pete Rose » Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:24 pm

Lobsterdog wrote:I would absolutely exercise the power of veto to rule out incompetence

fuck that. it happens in the MLB all the time.
this discussion is especially murky in the preseason when we don't have any definitive numbers on how the players are doing.
darvish *could* win the cy young this year and granderson could have a career low year. No one really knows. it's risk vs. reward. if fuckin ese wanted to take that risk, great. if he didn't, then he shouldn't have accepted it.
Pete Rose

Postby bandrus 1 » Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:26 pm

Lobsterdog wrote:I would absolutely exercise the power of veto to rule out incompetence

and if darvish ends up winning the cy young this year and granderson goes back to his old way somehow then what? You cost a guy a trade he thought he wanted to make

Like I said everybody wanted to veto the trade I made last year for crawford.. it was like matt cain and a good OF and that OF out performed crawford and he got matt cain while I was stuck with crawford

veto should only be used in times of clear cheating
bandrus 1

Postby Lobsterdog » Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:34 pm

if Yu Darvish wins the fuckin Cy Young I'll eat my fucking hat
Lobsterdog

Postby BryanTXHC » Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:37 pm

Lobsterdog wrote:if Yu Darvish wins the fuckin Cy Young I'll eat my fucking hat

noted
BryanTXHC
Wishes He Had Yu Darvish's Hair

Postby bandrus 1 » Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:37 pm

that was extreme as an example but the point is when you veto a trade both teams want to make and the one team you think is getting screwed ends up getting the better end and it got vetoed it makes for a very blasting Ceremony owner and a bad league then they just veto every trade to spite them..... trust me I have seen it all.... Thats why I dont let league votes do vetos in the league I run
bandrus 1

Postby AVET » Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:27 pm

Who in the shit would trade Granderson for Darvish? Even if Darvish pots 15 wins I'd still take Granderson for days.
AVET

Postby Snoopy & Woodstock » Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:35 pm

Did the b9 auction draft with poster joe and some other posters(who are you?!) I'm totally piped, and I feel pretty confident. :smt003
Snoopy & Woodstock

Postby Chronoclast » Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:48 pm

Snoopy & Woodstock wrote:Did the b9 auction draft with poster joe and some other posters(who are you?!) I'm totally piped, and I feel pretty confident. :smt003

I'm the horny pervs!
Chronoclast

Postby Snoopy & Woodstock » Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:51 pm

Chronoclast wrote:
Snoopy & Woodstock wrote:Did the b9 auction draft with poster joe and some other posters(who are you?!) I'm totally piped, and I feel pretty confident. :smt003

I'm the horny pervs!

:smt005 :smt005

haha awesome! awesome! You have a great team! :smt001
Snoopy & Woodstock

Postby joetee316 » Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:52 pm

You know me! The end was crazy. Nominate a guy and boom, he's on your team! It was way fast.
joetee316

Postby Chronoclast » Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:54 pm

That was really fun and went way fast. totally piped that all 14 people where there for the duration. I can't wait for the season now, it's going to kill me.
Chronoclast

Postby earl » Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:30 pm

Im Suck on Markakis. This is gonna be good. totally piped for the season
earl
I FUCKING LOVE CCR

Postby earl » Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:47 pm

Heres the team I drafted..

C Matt Wieters
1B Eric Hosmer
2B Dustin Pedroia
3B Mike Moustakas
SS J.J. Hardy