Official 2012 Fantasy Baseball Thread

General discussion, shows, and everything else.

Postby Lobsterdog » Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:56 pm

You're fucked cuz Carpenter is hurt AGAIN.
User avatar
Lobsterdog
Lobsterdog 2: Son of Lobsterdog
 
Posts: 47904
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:36 am
Location: corgi friday

Postby Snoopy & Woodstock » Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:00 pm

totally piped on my team!

Darth Snoopious andWoodstrooper
C Brian McCann
1B Kendrys Morales
2B Ryan Raburn
3B Pablo Sandoval
SS Alexei Ramirez
IF Aramis Ramirez
OF Curtis Granderson
OF Alex Gordon
OF Jason Heyward
OF Aubrey Huff
UTIL Jhonny Peralta
SP Dan Haren
SP Madison Bumgarner
SP Max Scherzer
SP Johnny Cueto
SP Wandy Rodriguez
RP Matt Thornton
RP Jonny Venters
RP Francisco Cordero
BE Gio Gonzalez
BE Hiroki Kuroda
BE Jonathan Sanchez
BE Ryan Vogelsong
BE Phil Hughes

I'm taking a risk on a few players tho. Nervous but I have confidence. Some oddball players drafted due to me throwing money here and there.
Snoopy & Woodstock
 
Posts: 7523
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:25 am
Location: Hobbs Grove

Postby TaylorV42 » Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:04 pm

My friends and I are in a league and we want to make a bet and whoever is in last place has to do it or whatever it may be, but we haven't really came up with anything good yet. Any suggestions???
User avatar
TaylorV42
 
Posts: 2785
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:14 pm
Location: South GA

Postby Chronoclast » Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:44 am

Went in there with a gameplay and stuck to it. Really excited about my team...

Horny Perverts
C Miguel Montero 11
1B Freddie Freeman 12
2B Brandon Phillips 22
3B Adrian Beltre 31
SS Elvis Andrus 19
IF Lucas Duda 7
OF Andrew McCutchen 35
OF Adam Jones 20
OF Shin-Soo Choo 17
OF Chris Young 10
UTIL Billy Butler 7
SP C.J. Wilson 20
SP Mat Latos 16
SP Anibal Sanchez 7
SP Ervin Santana 5
SP Brandon McCarthy 10
RP Chris Perez 3
RP Frank Francisco 2
RP Kenley Jansen 1
BE Mike Adams 1
BE Mat Gamel 1
BE Mike Leake 1
BE Jose Altuve 1
BE J.D. Martinez 1
User avatar
Chronoclast
 
Posts: 3282
Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:54 pm

Postby Master Chief » Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:11 pm

Chronoclast wrote:Went in there with a gameplay and stuck to it. Really excited about my team...

Horny Perverts
C Miguel Montero 11
1B Freddie Freeman 12
2B Brandon Phillips 22
3B Adrian Beltre 31
SS Elvis Andrus 19
IF Lucas Duda 7
OF Andrew McCutchen 35
OF Adam Jones 20
OF Shin-Soo Choo 17
OF Chris Young 10
UTIL Billy Butler 7
SP C.J. Wilson 20
SP Mat Latos 16
SP Anibal Sanchez 7
SP Ervin Santana 5
SP Brandon McCarthy 10
RP Chris Perez 3
RP Frank Francisco 2
RP Kenley Jansen 1
BE Mike Adams 1
BE Mat Gamel 1
BE Mike Leake 1
BE Jose Altuve 1
BE J.D. Martinez 1


I don't know why, but it bothers me that you didn't get any true "#1's" at a position. I'm really interested to see the order of your picks.
Master Chief
 
Posts: 17003
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2007 2:53 am
Location: :smt024

Postby Lobsterdog » Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:49 pm

My highest cost player being a Pirate would make me want to vomit in terror.
User avatar
Lobsterdog
Lobsterdog 2: Son of Lobsterdog
 
Posts: 47904
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:36 am
Location: corgi friday

Postby Master Chief » Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:57 pm

Lobsterdog wrote:My highest cost player being a Pirate would make me want to vomit in terror.

Fuck I didn't even notice cost next to them either. $20 for Adam Jones?!

EDIT: $17 for Choo is even worse.
Master Chief
 
Posts: 17003
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2007 2:53 am
Location: :smt024

Postby Ensign » Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:04 pm

first ever fantasy draft, how'd i do?

C Buster Posey
1B Prince Fielder
2B Robinson Cano
3B Adrian Beltre
SS Jimmy Rollins
2B/SS Derek Jeter
1B/3B Aramis Ramirez
OF Howard Kendrick
OF Coco Crisp
OF Nick Markakis
OF Carlos Lee
DH Jesus Montero
UTIL Alex Rodriguez
SP Cole Hamels
SP Gio Gonzalez
SP Wandy Rodriguez
SP Clay Buchholz
SP R.A. Dickey
RP Grant Balfour
RP Jonathan Papelbon
RP Brian Wilson
BE Ryan Howard
BE Colby Rasmus
BE Brandon Belt
BE Austin Jackson
BE Alfonso Soriano
User avatar
Ensign
 
Posts: 1621
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:24 pm
Location: right side

Postby Master Chief » Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:06 pm

Ensign wrote:first ever fantasy draft, how'd i do?

C Buster Posey
1B Prince Fielder
2B Robinson Cano
3B Adrian Beltre
SS Jimmy Rollins
2B/SS Derek Jeter
1B/3B Aramis Ramirez
OF Howard Kendrick
OF Coco Crisp
OF Nick Markakis
OF Carlos Lee
DH Jesus Montero
UTIL Alex Rodriguez
SP Cole Hamels
SP Gio Gonzalez
SP Wandy Rodriguez
SP Clay Buchholz
SP R.A. Dickey
RP Grant Balfour
RP Jonathan Papelbon
RP Brian Wilson
BE Ryan Howard
BE Colby Rasmus
BE Brandon Belt
BE Austin Jackson
BE Alfonso Soriano

Okay, definitely pretty good for your first one ever.
If anyone of your nobody players starts the season hot (Kendrick, Markakis, Rasmus, Jackson), flip them ASAP for any serviceable starting pitching. Anyone that will throw 180+ innings. Hamels and Gonzalez are a good start but having the rest of your rotation be Rodriguez and Buchholz will get you nowhere fast.
Master Chief
 
Posts: 17003
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2007 2:53 am
Location: :smt024

Postby Chronoclast » Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:08 pm

Master Chief wrote:
Lobsterdog wrote:My highest cost player being a Pirate would make me want to vomit in terror.

Fuck I didn't even notice cost next to them either. $20 for Adam Jones?!

EDIT: $17 for Choo is even worse.


Or I could have two guys that went for $49 and have 5 $1 starters. This strategy has always won leagues for me, so I'm not worried. I look at the rosters in the league and I have a top 3 team. Not spending a lot on expensive players let's you have a more well rounded team. Most my guys can put up numbers similar to top players and I paid half the price for em.

We'll see who's laughing! :smt002
User avatar
Chronoclast
 
Posts: 3282
Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:54 pm

Postby Ensign » Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:10 pm

Master Chief wrote:
Ensign wrote:first ever fantasy draft, how'd i do?

C Buster Posey
1B Prince Fielder
2B Robinson Cano
3B Adrian Beltre
SS Jimmy Rollins
2B/SS Derek Jeter
1B/3B Aramis Ramirez
OF Howard Kendrick
OF Coco Crisp
OF Nick Markakis
OF Carlos Lee
DH Jesus Montero
UTIL Alex Rodriguez
SP Cole Hamels
SP Gio Gonzalez
SP Wandy Rodriguez
SP Clay Buchholz
SP R.A. Dickey
RP Grant Balfour
RP Jonathan Papelbon
RP Brian Wilson
BE Ryan Howard
BE Colby Rasmus
BE Brandon Belt
BE Austin Jackson
BE Alfonso Soriano

Okay, definitely pretty good for your first one ever.
If anyone of your nobody players starts the season hot (Kendrick, Markakis, Rasmus, Jackson), flip them ASAP for any serviceable starting pitching. Anyone that will throw 180+ innings. Hamels and Gonzalez are a good start but having the rest of your rotation be Rodriguez and Buchholz will get you nowhere fast.

thanks. good strategy, I really wanted Strasburg but the fuck one spot ahead of me that wasn't even in the lobby autodrafted him :smt012
User avatar
Ensign
 
Posts: 1621
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:24 pm
Location: right side

Postby Lobsterdog » Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:24 pm

Ensign wrote:thanks. good strategy, I really wanted Strasburg but the fuck one spot ahead of me that wasn't even in the lobby autodrafted him :smt012


And that's why everything should be an auction draft.
User avatar
Lobsterdog
Lobsterdog 2: Son of Lobsterdog
 
Posts: 47904
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:36 am
Location: corgi friday

Postby Ensign » Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:28 pm

In that case, I'll be sure to try an auction draft league next time.
User avatar
Ensign
 
Posts: 1621
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:24 pm
Location: right side

Postby earl » Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:07 pm

earl wrote:Heres the team I drafted..

C Matt Wieters
1B Eric Hosmer
2B Dustin Pedroia
3B Mike Moustakas
SS J.J. Hardy
IF Chris Davis
OF Michael Bourn
OF Brett Gardner
OF Jay Bruce
OF Corey Hart
UTIL Alex Avila
SP Chris Carpenter
SP Daniel Hudson
SP Jeremy Hellickson
SP Jordan Zimmermann
SP Homer Bailey
RP Vinnie Pestano
RP Aroldis Chapman
RP Kyle Kendrick
BE Raul Ibanez
BE Gordon Beckham
BE Kyle Lohse
BE Justin Smoak
BE Brian Matusz


So besides the Carpenter ordeal.. Someone rate my draft.
User avatar
earl
I FUCKING LOVE CCR
 
Posts: 4557
Joined: Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:25 am
Location: Newark, Delaware now Seattle, WA

Postby Lobsterdog » Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:16 pm

Your offense is well balanced but seriously, you're totally fucking screwed if Carpenter is out for a long stretch.
User avatar
Lobsterdog
Lobsterdog 2: Son of Lobsterdog
 
Posts: 47904
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:36 am
Location: corgi friday

Postby earl » Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:24 pm

Yeah. Fingers crossed its a short stint
User avatar
earl
I FUCKING LOVE CCR
 
Posts: 4557
Joined: Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:25 am
Location: Newark, Delaware now Seattle, WA

Postby earl » Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:30 pm

Whoa whoa whoa.. Did you not notice the undeniable presence of Kyle Lohse on my bench?
User avatar
earl
I FUCKING LOVE CCR
 
Posts: 4557
Joined: Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:25 am
Location: Newark, Delaware now Seattle, WA

Postby Master Chief » Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:30 pm

Chronoclast wrote:
Master Chief wrote:
Lobsterdog wrote:My highest cost player being a Pirate would make me want to vomit in terror.

Fuck I didn't even notice cost next to them either. $20 for Adam Jones?!

EDIT: $17 for Choo is even worse.


Or I could have two guys that went for $49 and have 5 $1 starters. This strategy has always won leagues for me, so I'm not worried. I look at the rosters in the league and I have a top 3 team. Not spending a lot on expensive players let's you have a more well rounded team. Most my guys can put up numbers similar to top players and I paid half the price for em.

We'll see who's laughing! :smt002

I'm not trying to be an asshole but unless you play in like a 14 team league there is no possible way that you have a top 3 roster. You have a top 5 3B, a top 10 OFer and two SP that MIGHT break some top ten lists. Who did you take with your first 5 choices?
Master Chief
 
Posts: 17003
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2007 2:53 am
Location: :smt024

Postby Lobsterdog » Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:31 pm

Master Chief wrote:
Chronoclast wrote:
Master Chief wrote:
Lobsterdog wrote:My highest cost player being a Pirate would make me want to vomit in terror.

Fuck I didn't even notice cost next to them either. $20 for Adam Jones?!

EDIT: $17 for Choo is even worse.


Or I could have two guys that went for $49 and have 5 $1 starters. This strategy has always won leagues for me, so I'm not worried. I look at the rosters in the league and I have a top 3 team. Not spending a lot on expensive players let's you have a more well rounded team. Most my guys can put up numbers similar to top players and I paid half the price for em.

We'll see who's laughing! :smt002

I'm not trying to be an asshole but unless you play in like a 14 team league there is no possible way that you have a top 3 roster. You have a top 5 3B, a top 10 OFer and two SP that MIGHT break some top ten lists. Who did you take with your first 5 choices?

Its an auction, bro...
User avatar
Lobsterdog
Lobsterdog 2: Son of Lobsterdog
 
Posts: 47904
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:36 am
Location: corgi friday

Postby Master Chief » Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:33 pm

Lobsterdog wrote:
Master Chief wrote:
Chronoclast wrote:
Master Chief wrote:
Lobsterdog wrote:My highest cost player being a Pirate would make me want to vomit in terror.

Fuck I didn't even notice cost next to them either. $20 for Adam Jones?!

EDIT: $17 for Choo is even worse.


Or I could have two guys that went for $49 and have 5 $1 starters. This strategy has always won leagues for me, so I'm not worried. I look at the rosters in the league and I have a top 3 team. Not spending a lot on expensive players let's you have a more well rounded team. Most my guys can put up numbers similar to top players and I paid half the price for em.

We'll see who's laughing! :smt002

I'm not trying to be an asshole but unless you play in like a 14 team league there is no possible way that you have a top 3 roster. You have a top 5 3B, a top 10 OFer and two SP that MIGHT break some top ten lists. Who did you take with your first 5 choices?

Its an auction, bro...

There's still 5 players he felt were worth paying more than anybody else for. Who were the first five players he went after. It's pretty obvious he let most of the big guys fall off the board first. I'm assuming he got Beltre, Hamels or Wilson first.
Master Chief
 
Posts: 17003
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2007 2:53 am
Location: :smt024

Postby joetee316 » Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:48 pm

This is the commish's team (me). We are 14 teams in a 5x5 roto league
vs. chronoclast, Ryan, rocketskates, earl, snoopy and 8 non B9ers.

Love my hitting. My pitching is a bit suspect. I have Ks but I'm not loving my pitching. Moore has to come up strong and hopefully 1 or 2 of those other SPs pan out otherwise I'm needing a SP waiver wire gem.

Miguel Cabrera, Det 1B $41
Hanley Ramirez, Mia SS $39
CC Sabathia, NYY SP $37
J.P. Arencibia, Tor C $14
David Ortiz, Bos DH $11
Howard Kendrick, LAA 2B $19
Jayson Werth, Wsh OF $13
Matt Moore, TB SP $20
Ichiro Suzuki, Sea OF $17
Ryan Madson, Cin RP $13
Joel Hanrahan, Pit RP $8
Ryan Roberts, Ari 2B $9
Delmon Young, Det OF $5
Chad Billingsley, LAD SP $2
Brett Myers, Hou SP $3
Alcides Escobar, KC SS $1
Jhoulys Chacin, Col SP $1
Brad Peacock, Oak SP $1
Yonder Alonso, SD OF $1
Andy Pettitte, NYY SP $1
Jeff Samardzija, ChC RP $1
Michael Brantley, Cle OF $1
Zack Cozart, Cin SS $1
Henderson Alvarez, Tor SP $1
User avatar
joetee316
 
Posts: 7649
Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2005 5:34 am
Location: NJ

Postby Chronoclast » Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:34 pm

Master Chief wrote:
Lobsterdog wrote:
Master Chief wrote:
Chronoclast wrote:
Master Chief wrote:
Lobsterdog wrote:My highest cost player being a Pirate would make me want to vomit in terror.

Fuck I didn't even notice cost next to them either. $20 for Adam Jones?!

EDIT: $17 for Choo is even worse.


Or I could have two guys that went for $49 and have 5 $1 starters. This strategy has always won leagues for me, so I'm not worried. I look at the rosters in the league and I have a top 3 team. Not spending a lot on expensive players let's you have a more well rounded team. Most my guys can put up numbers similar to top players and I paid half the price for em.

We'll see who's laughing! :smt002

I'm not trying to be an asshole but unless you play in like a 14 team league there is no possible way that you have a top 3 roster. You have a top 5 3B, a top 10 OFer and two SP that MIGHT break some top ten lists. Who did you take with your first 5 choices?

Its an auction, bro...

There's still 5 players he felt were worth paying more than anybody else for. Who were the first five players he went after. It's pretty obvious he let most of the big guys fall off the board first. I'm assuming he got Beltre, Hamels or Wilson first.


Yeah it was an auction and you have to remember that there's 14 teams, which makes prices higher than usual. Also, remember that it's a keeper league and I have a lot of young guys.

Choo could do .280/20/20. He's done it twice before and had a lot of injury woes plus that DUI last year. Pretty confident he's 20/20...how is that bad for 17? :smt017

A. Jones possible .280/25/80 and is 26 years old. So I see that as paying "just" $20.

and who would complain about McCutchen as a keeper? :smt017 ... could be 30/30 one day, he's 25 years old.
User avatar
Chronoclast
 
Posts: 3282
Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:54 pm

Postby shaners » Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:44 pm

vetoes are fucking stupid unless there is clear collusion...period

I was in a big money league where the same two guys constantly made trades together and one would come out on top in every one of them it seemed and did alot better throughout the years

the thing was the guy that would always come on the losing end of trade NEVER traded with anyone else

it turned out he didnt know how to check his trade proposals and the commish (the guy coming out on the better end) was putting them through on his own.

after everyone made a stink about it over the xourse of like two years the guy finally started making trades with other people and ended up doing alot better

even after all that I think vetoes are stupid but have no issue calling out an owner for making stupid trades.

for 12 team leagues with three divisions you should have at min 4 teams make the playoffs (three division winners plus a wildcard)
User avatar
shaners
 
Posts: 1445
Joined: Sun Feb 06, 2005 1:46 am
Location: Portland

Postby shaners » Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:49 pm

Snoopy & Woodstock wrote:totally piped on my team!

Darth Snoopious andWoodstrooper
C Brian McCann
1B Kendrys Morales
2B Ryan Raburn
3B Pablo Sandoval
SS Alexei Ramirez
IF Aramis Ramirez
OF Curtis Granderson
OF Alex Gordon
OF Jason Heyward
OF Aubrey Huff
UTIL Jhonny Peralta
SP Dan Haren
SP Madison Bumgarner
SP Max Scherzer
SP Johnny Cueto
SP Wandy Rodriguez
RP Matt Thornton
RP Jonny Venters
RP Francisco Cordero
BE Gio Gonzalez
BE Hiroki Kuroda
BE Jonathan Sanchez
BE Ryan Vogelsong
BE Phil Hughes

I'm taking a risk on a few players tho. Nervous but I have confidence. Some oddball players drafted due to me throwing money here and there.


I donn't mean to come off as a dick but I would be miserable if this was my team
User avatar
shaners
 
Posts: 1445
Joined: Sun Feb 06, 2005 1:46 am
Location: Portland

Postby shaners » Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:51 pm

Chronoclast wrote:
Master Chief wrote:
Lobsterdog wrote:My highest cost player being a Pirate would make me want to vomit in terror.

Fuck I didn't even notice cost next to them either. $20 for Adam Jones?!

EDIT: $17 for Choo is even worse.


Or I could have two guys that went for $49 and have 5 $1 starters. This strategy has always won leagues for me, so I'm not worried. I look at the rosters in the league and I have a top 3 team. Not spending a lot on expensive players let's you have a more well rounded team. Most my guys can put up numbers similar to top players and I paid half the price for em.

We'll see who's laughing! :smt002


I'm not expert with auction prices but $17 for Choo seems fine...would not be surprised in the slightest if he returns to stud form
User avatar
shaners
 
Posts: 1445
Joined: Sun Feb 06, 2005 1:46 am
Location: Portland

Postby shaners » Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:53 pm

joetee316 wrote:This is the commish's team (me). We are 14 teams in a 5x5 roto league
vs. chronoclast, Ryan, rocketskates, earl, snoopy and 8 non B9ers.

Love my hitting. My pitching is a bit suspect. I have Ks but I'm not loving my pitching. Moore has to come up strong and hopefully 1 or 2 of those other SPs pan out otherwise I'm needing a SP waiver wire gem.

Miguel Cabrera, Det 1B $41
Hanley Ramirez, Mia SS $39
CC Sabathia, NYY SP $37
J.P. Arencibia, Tor C $14
David Ortiz, Bos DH $11
Howard Kendrick, LAA 2B $19
Jayson Werth, Wsh OF $13
Matt Moore, TB SP $20
Ichiro Suzuki, Sea OF $17
Ryan Madson, Cin RP $13
Joel Hanrahan, Pit RP $8
Ryan Roberts, Ari 2B $9
Delmon Young, Det OF $5
Chad Billingsley, LAD SP $2
Brett Myers, Hou SP $3
Alcides Escobar, KC SS $1
Jhoulys Chacin, Col SP $1
Brad Peacock, Oak SP $1
Yonder Alonso, SD OF $1
Andy Pettitte, NYY SP $1
Jeff Samardzija, ChC RP $1
Michael Brantley, Cle OF $1
Zack Cozart, Cin SS $1
Henderson Alvarez, Tor SP $1


seems like a ton for Arencibia
User avatar
shaners
 
Posts: 1445
Joined: Sun Feb 06, 2005 1:46 am
Location: Portland

Postby Lobsterdog » Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:16 pm

14 bucks for a guy who MIGHT hit 25 homers and will DEFINITELY not hit higher than .245 is insane, you are correct.

His avg auction value in ESPN is 2 dollars.
User avatar
Lobsterdog
Lobsterdog 2: Son of Lobsterdog
 
Posts: 47904
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:36 am
Location: corgi friday

Postby Lobsterdog » Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:18 pm

Also, unless yer in a keeper league, I dunno why you'd pay 20 for Matt Moore.

He's gonna be good but is he gonna be better than like... CJ Wilson, who is basically going for an avg of $20?

I dunno, I doubt it.
User avatar
Lobsterdog
Lobsterdog 2: Son of Lobsterdog
 
Posts: 47904
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:36 am
Location: corgi friday

Postby Hungry like the wolf » Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:36 pm

I wish I was in an auction league.
User avatar
Hungry like the wolf
 
Posts: 14180
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:08 pm
Location: Cinti

Postby Master Chief » Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:33 pm

I'm so glad I wasn't in an auction league.
Master Chief
 
Posts: 17003
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2007 2:53 am
Location: :smt024

Postby Hungry like the wolf » Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:35 pm

Master Chief wrote:I'm so glad I wasn't in an auction league.



Any reason why? I like that it takes more thought than just taking who falls in your slot. At the same time I only did one once and it was a throwaway espn football league with random people.
User avatar
Hungry like the wolf
 
Posts: 14180
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:08 pm
Location: Cinti

Postby Pete Rose » Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:38 am

shaners wrote:for 12 team leagues with three divisions you should have at min 4 teams make the playoffs (three division winners plus a wildcard)
Pete Rose
 
Posts: 1040
Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:48 pm
Location: Cincinnati.

Postby Lobsterdog » Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:49 am

Everyone poo-poos an auction league until they're actually in one.
User avatar
Lobsterdog
Lobsterdog 2: Son of Lobsterdog
 
Posts: 47904
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:36 am
Location: corgi friday

Postby Snoopy & Woodstock » Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:43 pm

shaners wrote:
Snoopy & Woodstock wrote:totally piped on my team!

Darth Snoopious andWoodstrooper
C Brian McCann
1B Kendrys Morales
2B Ryan Raburn
3B Pablo Sandoval
SS Alexei Ramirez
IF Aramis Ramirez
OF Curtis Granderson
OF Alex Gordon
OF Jason Heyward
OF Aubrey Huff
UTIL Jhonny Peralta
SP Dan Haren
SP Madison Bumgarner
SP Max Scherzer
SP Johnny Cueto
SP Wandy Rodriguez
RP Matt Thornton
RP Jonny Venters
RP Francisco Cordero
BE Gio Gonzalez
BE Hiroki Kuroda
BE Jonathan Sanchez
BE Ryan Vogelsong
BE Phil Hughes

I'm taking a risk on a few players tho. Nervous but I have confidence. Some oddball players drafted due to me throwing money here and there.


I donn't mean to come off as a dick but I would be miserable if this was my team


Meh, I'm happy with it, I'll let you know how I did in the future.
Snoopy & Woodstock
 
Posts: 7523
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:25 am
Location: Hobbs Grove

Postby bandrus » Sat Mar 24, 2012 4:38 pm

got banned idk why but here is my new account so if you need me for the league
bandrus
 
Posts: 636
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:26 pm

Postby bandrus » Sat Mar 24, 2012 4:43 pm

I do think we need 1 more for the league... anybody know somebody or anybody want in?
bandrus
 
Posts: 636
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:26 pm

Postby shaners » Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:11 pm

I'm in a points league with a draft tomorrow.

I went and sorted by points scored based on the scoring setting based on last years stats and found some surprising results like 4 of the top 5 overall scorers being pitchers or bobby abreu scoring more points than nelson cruz.

Obviously I cannot stritctly go off of last years stats, but I am pretty confident I can crush this draft based on people not understanding the scoring and adjusting accordingly.
User avatar
shaners
 
Posts: 1445
Joined: Sun Feb 06, 2005 1:46 am
Location: Portland

Postby rocketskates » Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:45 pm

In the Bud Selig league my team is Alf Platter.

In BRIDGE 9 FANTASY BASEBALL 2012 my team is Cajun Lifestyle.

forgot to post this after the draft.
User avatar
rocketskates
 
Posts: 2356
Joined: Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:07 pm
Location: Wisconsin

Postby bandrus » Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:47 pm

shaners wrote:I'm in a points league with a draft tomorrow.

I went and sorted by points scored based on the scoring setting based on last years stats and found some surprising results like 4 of the top 5 overall scorers being pitchers or bobby abreu scoring more points than nelson cruz.

Obviously I cannot stritctly go off of last years stats, but I am pretty confident I can crush this draft based on people not understanding the scoring and adjusting accordingly.



may want to save that till after the draft lol
bandrus
 
Posts: 636
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:26 pm

Postby shaners » Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:02 pm

bandrus wrote:
shaners wrote:I'm in a points league with a draft tomorrow.

I went and sorted by points scored based on the scoring setting based on last years stats and found some surprising results like 4 of the top 5 overall scorers being pitchers or bobby abreu scoring more points than nelson cruz.

Obviously I cannot stritctly go off of last years stats, but I am pretty confident I can crush this draft based on people not understanding the scoring and adjusting accordingly.



may want to save that till after the draft lol


I figured but as far as I know no on the league reads this but who knows I could be wrong oh well
User avatar
shaners
 
Posts: 1445
Joined: Sun Feb 06, 2005 1:46 am
Location: Portland

Postby The Broken Vow » Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:36 pm

I don't see many trades in the future so this is going to be my team. I may pick up a FA here or there but this is basically the final draft.




J Mauer


M Cabrera


R Cano
J Weeks (R)


A Beltre


E Andrus


C Gonzalez
L Berkman
R Braun
M Bourn (R)
L Duda (R)


E Hosmer


Z Greinke
J Zimmermann
M Minor
M Latos
M Scherzer
F Liriano (R)
V Worley (R)


C Sale
B League
The Broken Vow
 
Posts: 2334
Joined: Sat Sep 04, 2004 7:49 pm

Postby shaners » Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:50 pm

My team in a H2H Points league

C - Suzuki
1B - Pujols
2B - Zobrist
3B - Longoria
SS - Aybar
OF - Granderson
OF - Choo
OF - Jennings
UT - Francouer

BE - Montero
BE - Cespedes

SP - Cain
SP - Romero
SP - Bumgarner
SP - Hellickson
SP - Feliz
RP - Bailey

BE - Marcum
BE - Morrow
BE - Beachy

really like my team and if Montero ever qualifies at C it gets even better
User avatar
shaners
 
Posts: 1445
Joined: Sun Feb 06, 2005 1:46 am
Location: Portland

Postby Lobsterdog » Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:51 pm

The Broken Vow wrote:M Cabrera

R Cano

C Gonzalez

R Braun


Is this a 4 team league?
User avatar
Lobsterdog
Lobsterdog 2: Son of Lobsterdog
 
Posts: 47904
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:36 am
Location: corgi friday

Postby shaners » Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:57 pm

Lobsterdog wrote:
The Broken Vow wrote:M Cabrera

R Cano

C Gonzalez

R Braun


Is this a 4 team league?


seriously
User avatar
shaners
 
Posts: 1445
Joined: Sun Feb 06, 2005 1:46 am
Location: Portland

Postby bandrus » Sun Mar 25, 2012 3:05 pm

shaners wrote:My team in a H2H Points league

C - Suzuki
1B - Pujols
2B - Zobrist
3B - Longoria
SS - Aybar
OF - Granderson
OF - Choo
OF - Jennings
UT - Francouer

BE - Montero
BE - Cespedes

SP - Cain
SP - Romero
SP - Bumgarner
SP - Hellickson
SP - Feliz
RP - Bailey

BE - Marcum
BE - Morrow
BE - Beachy

really like my team and if Montero ever qualifies at C it gets even better


pujos longoria granderson wtf?
bandrus
 
Posts: 636
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:26 pm

Postby shaners » Sun Mar 25, 2012 3:10 pm

bandrus wrote:
shaners wrote:My team in a H2H Points league

C - Suzuki
1B - Pujols
2B - Zobrist
3B - Longoria
SS - Aybar
OF - Granderson
OF - Choo
OF - Jennings
UT - Francouer

BE - Montero
BE - Cespedes

SP - Cain
SP - Romero
SP - Bumgarner
SP - Hellickson
SP - Feliz
RP - Bailey

BE - Marcum
BE - Morrow
BE - Beachy

really like my team and if Montero ever qualifies at C it gets even better


pujos longoria granderson wtf?


cannot complain this is for sure.

took pujols first overall so I got granderson and longoria end of second/beg of 3rd 12 team league

it was nice and the two picks before that were cliff lee and votto votto fell FAR but then again so did the guys I got
User avatar
shaners
 
Posts: 1445
Joined: Sun Feb 06, 2005 1:46 am
Location: Portland

Postby shaners » Sun Mar 25, 2012 3:12 pm

I will say lots of pitching went early as people did seem to do some adjustments with it being a points league
User avatar
shaners
 
Posts: 1445
Joined: Sun Feb 06, 2005 1:46 am
Location: Portland

Postby Master Chief » Sun Mar 25, 2012 3:40 pm

Someone just traded Curtis Granderson for Yu Darvish in the b9 league. I have no idea why.
Master Chief
 
Posts: 17003
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2007 2:53 am
Location: :smt024

Postby HateThePolice » Sun Mar 25, 2012 3:43 pm

Anyone interested in a Scutaro/Trumbo trade in the b9 league?
HateThePolice
 
Posts: 3146
Joined: Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:36 pm

Postby zaccvv » Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:00 pm

Master Chief wrote:Someone just traded Curtis Granderson for Yu Darvish in the b9 league. I have no idea why.


haha i offered that guy Matt Cain for Pujols, he wasn't that silly.
zaccvv
 
Posts: 812
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2006 8:34 am
Location: norcal

PreviousNext


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: antipasto, c_floyd II, Chimpanzee Muffins, earl, Fester, Frederik, funeralbelle, Google [Bot], IThinkItsIndecision, jesper, judge smails, kylec123, lawlznorder, lowculture, Mighty Professional, Plead Your Case, Waste of Space, WeDealInLead and 60 guests