Depression/Mental Illness

General discussion, shows, and everything else.

Postby sinus rhythm » Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:29 pm

How is it effecting you?
sinus rhythm

Postby madmatt » Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:31 pm

not dead yet
madmatt

Postby denimvest » Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:31 pm

cant get it up
denimvest

Postby BrentMalone » Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:32 pm

Lately it hasn't been so affective, but I think it depends on the person. I'm on and off with it. One moment I'll be totally content without a care in the world and the next I'll be making a noose.
BrentMalone

Postby sinus rhythm » Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:35 pm

BrentMalone wrote:Lately it hasn't been so affective, but I think it depends on the person. I'm on and off with it. One moment I'll be totally content without a care in the world and the next I'll be making a noose.

bi-polar maybe?...
sinus rhythm

Postby krackkills » Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:40 pm

BrentMalone wrote:Lately it hasn't been so affective, but I think it depends on the person. I'm on and off with it. One moment I'll be totally content without a care in the world and the next I'll be making a noose.

DO ITTT
krackkills

Postby Clit Boner » Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:43 pm

Depression's got a hold of me, depression, gotta break free.
Depression's got a hold of me, depression's gonna kill me.
Clit Boner
could probably poke an eye out with those things

Postby sinus rhythm » Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:44 pm

Clit Boner wrote:Depression's got a hold of me, depression, gotta break free.

haa. not thattttt depression.
sinus rhythm

Postby Clit Boner » Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:45 pm

No, but seriously i feel that way.
Clit Boner
could probably poke an eye out with those things

Postby sinus rhythm » Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:46 pm

depression is going to break free and kill you?
sinus rhythm

Postby raybuck » Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:51 pm

I used to be really depressed, and still feel it sometimes, but I'm doing a lot better now. The turning point came when I realized what I wanted to do with my life/gave my life purpose. I'm at the point now where I know there's absolutely no point in sitting in my bedroom feeling sorry for myself. You honestly just have to man (or woman) up and get shit done and you'll start feeling better.
raybuck

Postby Ratdigz » Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:01 pm

not a problem at all anymore.
Ratdigz

Postby diiiie » Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:01 pm

ruining my life right now, but that's kinda been always. don't want to do anything, hardly doing anything or being productive. what a summer bummer. i've got no reasons.
diiiie

Postby Treachery » Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:01 pm

it brings about the desire to smoke weed or drink alcohol every night. and if i don't, it can be a challenge to fall asleep. which is probably why i stay up until 4-5am every night if i'm at my house.
Treachery

Postby bizzaro me » Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:08 pm

This goes for me but more hour to hour. I just sleep off and on all day. I've tried to read more but i can't stay focused and it sparks my anxiety into a hellish blaze.
bizzaro me

Postby Part II » Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:17 pm

diiiie wrote:ruining my life right now, but that's kinda been always. don't want to do anything, hardly doing anything or being productive. what a summer bummer. i've got no reasons.
Part II

Postby DOIGNA$TY » Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:22 pm

theres days i cannot get out of bed, and there are days i have to take massive amounts of drugs just to get by. i am getting better, but there are still days that rip me from the inside out.

if anyone needs to talk, i can give good advice! promise.
DOIGNA$TY

Postby charlesincharge » Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:23 pm

Part II wrote:
diiiie wrote:ruining my life right now, but that's kinda been always. don't want to do anything, hardly doing anything or being productive. what a summer bummer. i've got no reasons.
charlesincharge

Postby BrentMalone » Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:08 am

raybuck wrote:I used to be really depressed, and still feel it sometimes, but I'm doing a lot better now. The turning point came when I realized what I wanted to do with my life/gave my life purpose. I'm at the point now where I know there's absolutely no point in sitting in my bedroom feeling sorry for myself. You honestly just have to man (or woman) up and get shit done and you'll start feeling better.

Fuck this fraggle.
BrentMalone

Postby PoorBoyMinorKey » Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:09 am

i try to enjoy it
PoorBoyMinorKey

Postby King Medicine » Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:12 am

I hate everything and everyone just about 99% of the time, and I have absolutely no reason to feel this way. All things considered, my life is pretty goddamn good. Just makes me feel like a bitch, and I hate it.
King Medicine

Postby Gnargoyle » Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:16 am

I don't want to live in this world anymore.
Gnargoyle

Postby dayoldhate » Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:30 am

its turned me into a recluse again. i havent taken my meds in like 2 months. ruining my own life. weeeehoooooo.
dayoldhate

Postby SpaghetForget » Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:32 am

I like to think I don't have it, but then I have days like yesterday and I just accept it. I become such a miserable fuck and snap at everyone. I can never sleep and dont do anything.
SpaghetForget

Postby TheInfamous » Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:44 am

i try to deal with it day by day. Better days I write songs and have band practice. lately I have just been sleeping or drinking. Shit happens.
TheInfamous

Postby Mountain of Power » Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:49 am

usually i just take it one day at a time but i've been feeling real good lately. it's age-old advice but if you work out a lot, get sleep and eat well, you will improve. i've been on every med under the sun and have almost died due to allergic reactions but nothing has made me feel as good as those 3 things
Mountain of Power

Postby Marcabre back from dead » Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:52 am

Clit Boner wrote:Depression's got a hold of me, depression, gotta break free.

But seriously, thats how I feel
Marcabre back from dead

Postby han solo » Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:01 am

madmatt wrote:not dead yet
han solo

Postby gimmetheloot » Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:32 am

Someone has already said it, but basically i'll be fine for a week. Feeling almost euphoric and untouchable with it, then I gradually slide back into feeling crap, fatigue and depression. Right now the stress from work and overall lack of sleep has me at boiling point. I need to slow down on the weed smoking and get out.
gimmetheloot

Postby firstsongsideone » Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:19 am

thinking about going on the meds
firstsongsideone

Postby coookiecrisp » Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:12 am

been pretty anti-social lately, my friends are starting to get annoyed that i never want to do anything
coookiecrisp

Postby max m. » Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:15 am

sinus rhythm wrote:depression is going to break free and kill you?

..the implication of the lyric is that you must break free of the depression, or else it will kill you.
max m.

Postby get throwed » Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:14 am

Anyone have any experience with lexapro/ciraplex? My doctor tried to put me on fluoxetine/prozac before and I just ended up smoking weed everyday instead. Things never got really any better so he wanted me to quit smoking for 2 weeks and come back and decide whether or not I wanted to start taking meds. Have to go back on next friday with an answer and still completely undecided...
get throwed

Postby HandsomeRob » Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:21 am

for me it is literally one breath at a time. i have money and work problems but those i walk off pretty easily. only thing that gets me down is girls and mine just left me after almost 2 years. i take lots of deep breaths and i'm trying to throw myself into social situations. so far its only helped a little. im just trying to deal with this as best i can and not screw up too much else in the meantime- like, i skipped work yesterday to just take a break from the world for a minute (i work 7 days a week) not exactly smart when you're barely making bills.
HandsomeRob

Postby CycoFishHead » Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:32 am

fuck it
CycoFishHead

Postby eyeforaneye » Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:04 am

get throwed wrote:Anyone have any experience with lexapro/ciraplex? My doctor tried to put me on fluoxetine/prozac before and I just ended up smoking weed everyday instead. Things never got really any better so he wanted me to quit smoking for 2 weeks and come back and decide whether or not I wanted to start taking meds. Have to go back on next friday with an answer and still completely undecided...

If you are still undecided then you aren't ready to be on meds. Meds won't cure you. You have to be in the right state of mind for the meds to function the way they are meant to. It took me almost 2 years of being on meds until I finally had my epiphany and broke out of my, almost, lifelong depression and anxiety.
eyeforaneye
B9 USER JESSE. IS DEAD

Postby violet91 » Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:13 am

get throwed wrote:Anyone have any experience with lexapro/ciraplex? My doctor tried to put me on fluoxetine/prozac before and I just ended up smoking weed everyday instead. Things never got really any better so he wanted me to quit smoking for 2 weeks and come back and decide whether or not I wanted to start taking meds. Have to go back on next friday with an answer and still completely undecided...

My mom is on lexapro, I got the impression it helps mostly with anxiety as well as depression. I have to say it really chilled my mom out, she's been genuinely happy lately and much more easy going. Positive effect on the entire house. :smt001
violet91

Postby bennynightwolf » Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:32 am

was hoping this was about the band. listen to them, maybe it will help.
bennynightwolf

Postby judge smails » Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:08 am

raybuck wrote:I used to be really depressed, and still feel it sometimes, but I'm doing a lot better now. The turning point came when I realized what I wanted to do with my life/gave my life purpose. I'm at the point now where I know there's absolutely no point in sitting in my bedroom feeling sorry for myself. You honestly just have to man (or woman) up and get shit done and you'll start feeling better.

this really is it, you have to be proactive. you have to want to change, and then actually go do it.
judge smails

Postby Safety in Numbers » Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:17 am

It's on and off for me. I get more irritable than gloomy. It's been better for me lately though. I smoke weed daily and it helps a lot. Not a big drinker though. Just keep yourself occupied. It helps.
Safety in Numbers

Postby get throwed » Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:36 am

MARISSAS BABY DADDY wrote:

If you are still undecided then you aren't ready to be on meds. Meds won't cure you. You have to be in the right state of mind for the meds to function the way they are meant to. It took me almost 2 years of being on meds until I finally had my epiphany and broke out of my, almost, lifelong depression and anxiety.

Yeah, my doctor warned me that if I'm not in the right mindset about taking them that it's pointless to even start. I'm only undecided because I constantly have this feeling that I can overcome this without them until I realize that I've pretty much been feeling the same way for the last 4-5 years with very little signs of improvement. I haven't smoked in like 2 weeks and it's been a hell of a 2 weeks I'll tell you that much...

My first year of college I had to take a psychology course and essentially my psychology prof convinced me that psychotherapy would do a lot more for me than meds, and I went in asking for a recommendation for someone to talk to and instead he recommended I try lexapro. (kind of funny how a psychologist and a physician highly disagree with one another). I get free counseling with a psychologist through my university so I think I'm going to try a combination of the two. Heading back to the doctor for a prescription tomorrow..
get throwed

Postby get throwed » Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:42 am

judge smails wrote:

this really is it, you have to be proactive. you have to want to change, and then actually go do it.

I'm taking a philosophy course focusing on existentialism and I'm constantly being haunted by the idea that this is by my own doings, that I am choosing to be this way. It's kind of truthful considering I was the one who let myself slip, but it's also motivating me to make changes to pull myself out of this.

So yeah, you always have a choice. You can choose to be depressed or you can choose to do something about it and work past it. Obviously some days its hard just to pull yourself out of bed, but you're still the one choosing to do that.
get throwed

Postby blind love » Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:56 am

I was on lexapro for like 4-5 months and I truly hated it. It spiked my anxiety through the roof, and left a bad taste in my mouth about anti-depressants and meds. It might have not been the right time for me to take it though. I get pretty bad hypochondria when i'm really anxious and I am still figuring out ways to deal with it. As for meds, I can back taking xanax or ativan for my anxiety but I always feel like too i'm hard on myself for taking it and end up wanting to stop. For about a year and half I couldn't control my bowels because of how anxious I was. I was always "backed up", worst year of my life.
blind love

Postby somemistakes » Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:14 pm

I've taken both. I was prescribed cipralex (10mg) and it helped a lot with general saddness and with panic attacks/outbursts. If anything I didn't really have a mood at all when I was on it, though. I felt pretty robotic and numb within 30 minutes of taking each pill. I had absolutely no anxiety while taking it and I'm typically a very highstrung/anxious person. I stopped because the prescription cost too much. For the next month I felt like I wanted to fucking hang myself. I then started taking lexapro (20mg) that I obtained myself through a friend. On these I had a considerable amount of trouble sleeping and absolutely the WORST anxiety ever. I tried cutting them in half and felt no different really. I felt jittery and like I was coming down from cocaine.

I haven't been medicated for at least a year now and I doubt I will be ever again. I know that many factors contribute to depression and going on medication is your choice, but I'd recommend talking to someone and ridding yourself of absolutely anything and anyone in your life that's upsetting you/wasting your time first. A lot of people who are considered depressed make it worse by basking in it and giving up trying to be happy since a loss of interest in things you like IS a symptom of depression. I've never felt as content/stable in my life as I have in the last five months. I just do the things that I love. I realize that I'm not as happy-go-lucky as most people I cross paths with and that I'm skeptical about basically any good thing that comes my way, but I'd rather be somewhat apprehensive and negative than have no emotions at all on pills. I'm cranky I use it as fuel to draw something, write something, walk for a longer period of time.

That's just my opinion/experience. Good luck.
somemistakes

Postby put water on it » Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:53 pm

I don't feel anything about anything.
put water on it

Postby Mental Death » Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:58 pm

I am an old man living alone. Whoever stuck me here in this nursing home: I'VE LOST ALL USEFULNESS....I...WANT....TO....DIE!
Mental Death

Postby GeorgeBeinGeorge » Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:59 pm

I suggest book reading, helps me when I'm depressed
GeorgeBeinGeorge

Postby SLUTSTACEAN BABYLON II » Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:00 pm

My addiction problems cause depression
My depression problems cause addiction

It's a viscous cycle
SLUTSTACEAN BABYLON II

Postby BS » Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:01 pm

Part II wrote:

This just seems like lack of motivation or being stuck in a rut to me, not depression if 'thats kinda been always'. If you think you're genuinely depressed now, what happens if/when you really do get depressed?
BS

Postby Saulo » Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:01 pm

Who am I foolin'? I'm not going to post in this thread again.
Saulo

Next