Game Of Thrones (HBO Series + Books) *Spoilers Within

General discussion, shows, and everything else.

Postby brandonhays » Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:26 pm

Frederik wrote:
ChangexofxIdeas wrote:Also, as brash upjumped asshole who doesn't know when to shut up and stokes Jaime's jealousy Euron is the shows representation of the Kettleblacks.

and Moon Boy for all I know.

:smt041
brandonhays

Postby BroTom » Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:26 pm

When Cersei and Jamie were having their spat and she said something about the BAYBAYYYYYY I missed what he said to me it sounded like he said "good luck with that" but he couldn't of really said that lol?
BroTom

Postby Heathenist » Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:17 pm

ChangexofxIdeas wrote:Also, as brash upjumped asshole who doesn't know when to shut up and stokes Jaime's jealousy Euron is the shows representation of the Kettleblacks.

Oh shit, I hadn't even thought about that.

Also:
brandonhays wrote:
Frederik wrote:

Heathenist

Postby BroTom » Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:40 am

Has any one mentioned on how they are going to take down the wight dragon.

Dragonglass tipped scorpion arrow ??? And the wight dragon goes down with ice king on it which then leads to Jon delivering the last blow to the ice king, killing all the wights with him
BroTom

Postby judge smails » Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:10 am

My money is Jon on Rhaegal has epic air 1v1 with Night King on Viserion
judge smails

Postby Frederik » Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:20 am

I JUST noticed how everyone with a Valyrian blade in the show is converging on Winterfell.

As for the End, I think Jon plunges Longclaw into a dying Dany forging Lightbringer and duels to the death with the NK.
Frederik

Postby righteous jad » Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:00 am

theXdXman wrote:i've decided i'm gonna start reading the books. can't wait to nerd out.

Good for you man, the books are so much better than the show. I honestly can't believe how many people I know absolutely love the show, spend hours reading online theories, but straight up refuse to read the books.

Also the people badmouthing AFFC and/or ADWD can GTFO with that bullshit. Besides Dany's chapters those 2 are solid AF.
righteous jad

Postby Frederik » Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:07 am

AFFC is fine, ADWD needs serious editing. Like, how many pages really needed to be dedicated to the political economy of Volantis?
Frederik

Postby DrewBlood » Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:08 am

judge smails wrote:My money is Jon on Rhaegal has epic air 1v1 with Night King on Viserion

check out the Battle of the God's Eye
Spoiler: show
DrewBlood

Postby xXxBretWeedxXx » Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:17 am

Frederik wrote:AFFC is fine, ADWD needs serious editing. Like, how many pages really needed to be dedicated to the political economy of Volantis?

People bitch about that shit but to me, that is what sets GRRMs works apart from every other fantasy series. The world building and attention to detail are mesmerizing to me.
xXxBretWeedxXx
GOKKUN SUPERFAN

Postby Frederik » Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:25 am

xXxBretWeedxXx wrote:
Frederik wrote:AFFC is fine, ADWD needs serious editing. Like, how many pages really needed to be dedicated to the political economy of Volantis?

People bitch about that shit but to me, that is what sets GRRMs works apart from every other fantasy series. The world building and attention to detail are mesmerizing to me.

I appreciated it in the previous books, but I think he lost control and focused too much on world-building in the Essos chapters, to the point where it got in the way of the story. .
Frederik

Postby Americn Justice » Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:24 am

Kenny Fury wrote:I NEED HELP.
Someone explain what the frog happened with Jamie. I think I misheard the dialogue. From what I remember, it sounded to me like Jamie was like frog this, we're marching North to fight, Cersei implied that Ser Gregor would kill him if he did, Jamie called her bluff and said give him the word to kill me then and then she nodded? And then he just rolled out of his own volition? What am I missing here? I am at work so I can't rewatch the scene

Yes this is what happened. She told him her secret plan and let him go to tell everyone.
Americn Justice

Postby vie et mort » Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:15 pm

Americn Justice wrote:
Someone explain what the frog happened with Jamie. I think I misheard the dialogue. From what I remember, it sounded to me like Jamie was like frog this, we're marching North to fight, Cersei implied that Ser Gregor would kill him if he did, Jamie called her bluff and said give him the word to kill me then and then she nodded? And then he just rolled out of his own volition? What am I missing here? I am at work so I can't rewatch the scene

Yes this is what happened. She told him her secret plan and let him go to tell everyone.

Yeah, he also wasn't wearing his armor so its safe to assume that he's no longer in command of the Lannister army. He's gone rogue now.
vie et mort

Postby versace pirate » Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:40 pm

brandonhays wrote:
Frederik wrote:

versace pirate

Postby judge smails » Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:36 am

DrewBlood wrote:
judge smails wrote:My money is Jon on Rhaegal has epic air 1v1 with Night King on Viserion

check out the Battle of the God's Eye

judge smails

Postby judge smails » Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:37 am

Americn Justice wrote:

I mean, if she didn't have Tyrion killed she wasn't gonna have Jaime killed.
judge smails

Postby redstarohyeah » Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:18 am

When I watched the finale the first time, I honestly thought she was going to have Jamie killed. Not because of how her character has been portrayed in the series per se, but I found it hard to believe the show was going to have Cersei let two people live in a really similar scenario. I figured Jamie was the show watchers lose it moment of the finale.
redstarohyeah

Postby The Lowest One » Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:26 am

redstarohyeah wrote:When I watched the finale the first time, I honestly thought she was going to have Jamie killed. Not because of how her character has been portrayed in the series per se, but I found it hard to believe the show was going to have Cersei let two people live in a really similar scenario. I figured Jamie was the show watchers lose it moment of the finale.

This. I was on the edge of my seat, honestly. Jaime is probably my favorite character at this point (I just love his arc so much). I'd not have been stoked
The Lowest One

Postby Heathenist » Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:58 am

The Lowest One wrote:
redstarohyeah wrote:When I watched the finale the first time, I honestly thought she was going to have Jamie killed. Not because of how her character has been portrayed in the series per se, but I found it hard to believe the show was going to have Cersei let two people live in a really similar scenario. I figured Jamie was the show watchers lose it moment of the finale.

This. I was on the edge of my seat, honestly. Jaime is probably my favorite character at this point (I just love his arc so much). I'd not have been stoked

I thought he was gonna bite it too. Honestly I had been saying all season that a major (fan favorite) character needed to die.
Heathenist

Postby EscapedFromTheValley » Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:11 pm

I'm still 100% certain that it's Jamie who will finish off Cersei. Knew he wouldn't buy it yet.
EscapedFromTheValley

Postby kneedeepinthedead » Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:54 pm

ChangexofxIdeas wrote:

Basically, but the nod to Ser Gregor was a bluff and Jaimie called it. Jaimie walks out in disgust.

Purely for the sake of the character I was bummed he didn't walk out as soon as she blew up the Sept of Baelor, but him sticking with her gave us his interactions with Olenna, Tyrion and his involvement in the Battle of the Goldroad so I'm ok with it.

How does Zombie Mountain understand a bluff though? She nodded to him as if to say "go ahead and kill him," but then he doesn't and Jamie walks away. I didn't really understand that part.
kneedeepinthedead

Postby BroTom » Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:03 pm

Could Arya kill Jamie when he comes north, take his face, go south and kill Cersei? It's still her younger brother in a sense that kills her
BroTom

Postby jobless » Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:30 pm

BronyTom wrote:Could Arya kill Jamie when he comes north, take his face, go south and kill Cersei? It's still her younger brother in a sense that kills her

This is a theory I had that I hate enough that these show runners are probably going to do it. Though who knows because it seems they've given all characters impenetrable armour and don't have the gall to kill of a loved character ever again, and probably will end with a dragon vs dragon battle and the Knight King just dying and everyone living happily ever after
jobless

Postby BroTom » Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:48 pm

But would Aryas faceless man power be able to account for a missing hand? If Arya takes Jamie's face.
BroTom

Postby Heathenist » Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:48 pm

jobless wrote:
BronyTom wrote:Could Arya kill Jamie when he comes north, take his face, go south and kill Cersei? It's still her younger brother in a sense that kills her

This is a theory I had that I hate enough that these show runners are probably going to do it. Though who knows because it seems they've given all characters impenetrable armour and don't have the gall to kill of a loved character ever again, and probably will end with a dragon vs dragon battle and the Knight King just dying and everyone living happily ever after

This. There hasn't been a gut wrenching death of a major fan favorite character since Hodor in Season 6 Episode 5. And the last one before that was probably Barristan in Season 5 Episode 4.

Looking at the previous seasons:
Season 4:
Oberyn
Pyp
Grenn
Ygritte
Jojen
Shae (maybe, at this point she probably wasn't well liked, but it was still a heartbreaking moment)

Season 3:
Jeor
Catelyn
Robb
Talisa

Season 2:
Yoren
Rodrick
Renly
Luwin

Season 1:
Jory Cassel
Robert Baratheon
Syrio
Drogo
Ned

So basically an average of 4-5 deaths of major characters that were well liked per season. This season there has been three if you count Thoros, Olenna, and Viserion (the last two are a stretch). And last season it was maybe two if you count Osha (plus the obvious Hodor). But it's clear that the writers have lost all courage to kill off well liked major characters and it makes the show so much more predictable. Add this to the fact that much of this season was admittedly written like fan fiction, it makes me think the only possible ending is a really cheesy predictable good guys win and Jon and Dany living happily ever after with their children. I really hope that isn't the case. But it seems inevitable at this point. Unless they were just saving a ton of major character deaths for next season, but at that point it just seems too late because now we are all expecting a bunch of deaths.
Last edited by Heathenist on Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Heathenist

Postby Rowan » Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:51 pm

You wanna include Ned Stark in that list of beloved characters or not?
Rowan
bexxxy

Postby BroTom » Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:52 pm

How could you forget about Ned!?
BroTom

Postby IThinkItsIndecision » Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:54 pm

Blowing up Margery doesn't count? And even if he died off screen, a lot of people are still mourning Ser Pounce.
IThinkItsIndecision
Is that a football in your pocket?

Location: Even snagged a raise, right there you're due for effusive praise. Also a bunch of D cord reverb.

Postby Spider Jerusalem » Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:57 pm

BronyTom wrote:But would Aryas faceless man power be able to account for a missing hand? If Arya takes Jamie's face.

i think she could manage to hide her hand in her sleeve.
Spider Jerusalem

Postby Teeth Malloy » Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:58 pm

Thank you for reminding me that Yoren's death is still the coolest moment in the whole show.
Teeth Malloy

Postby The Lowest One » Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:05 pm

I seriously hope not. This is too easy. And cheesy.
The Lowest One

Postby xXxBretWeedxXx » Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:14 pm

None of the Direwolves were included, they're the headliners.
xXxBretWeedxXx
GOKKUN SUPERFAN

Postby Frederik » Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:18 pm

dank wrote:Blowing up Margery doesn't count? And even if he died off screen, a lot of people are still mourning Ser Pounce.

Stannis also bit it later in season 5 and he might have the biggest fanboy following in the series. You could make the argument for Roose and Ramsay as well.
Frederik

Postby Killedbyschool » Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:54 pm

And the crossbow'd prostitute Ros.
Killedbyschool

Postby xXxBretWeedxXx » Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:57 pm

Is there a character left that would elicit more rage than Ghost if they died?
xXxBretWeedxXx
GOKKUN SUPERFAN

Postby Heathenist » Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:00 pm

Rowan wrote:You wanna include Ned Stark in that list of beloved characters or not?

Lol I legit thought I typed it out.
Heathenist

Postby Heathenist » Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:03 pm

xXxBretWeedxXx wrote:None of the Direwolves were included, they're the headliners.

Yeah, I thought about including them, but figure they don't really count for the point I was making because the writers clearly wanted them gone. And Ghost might as well be dead, he hasn't been seen in like 15 episodes or something.
Heathenist

Postby Heathenist » Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:07 pm

Frederik wrote:
dank wrote:Blowing up Margery doesn't count? And even if he died off screen, a lot of people are still mourning Ser Pounce.

Stannis also bit it later in season 5 and he might have the biggest fanboy following in the series. You could make the argument for Roose and Ramsay as well.

Was Stannis actually a well liked character? I was happy to see him die. And Ramsay and arose don't count because they were "bad guys". Same with Margery or any Tyrell other than Olenna, I don't see her as a well liked character. Not in the same way as Arya, Jon, Dany, Jorah, Davos, the Hound, Jaime, etc.

Maybe I'm just not in touch with the casual viewer though.
Heathenist

Postby IThinkItsIndecision » Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:09 pm

People rioted when Stannis died.
IThinkItsIndecision

Location: Even snagged a raise, right there you're due for effusive praise. Also a bunch of D cord reverb.

Postby Heathenist » Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:12 pm

dank wrote:People rioted when Stannis died.

But why? He was awful. He burned his own daughter at the stake the episode before that (a character who was actually a fan favorite who I forgot to include).
Last edited by Heathenist on Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Heathenist

Postby Frederik » Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:13 pm

Like I said, Stannis had probably the biggest fan bases in the entire series and people were REALLY salty about his death and the circumstances leading up to it.

also, I'm glad this scene got cut because it would have made made an iffy Winterfell stoyline unbearable.

http://www.avclub.com/a-scene-explaining-one-of-game-of-thrones-most-baffling-1798632257?utm_content=Main&utm_campaign=SF&utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=SocialMarketing
Frederik

Postby brandonhays » Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:13 pm

BronyTom wrote:But would Aryas faceless man power be able to account for a missing hand? If Arya takes Jamie's face.

Good point. Taking on his stature, voice & face are all challenges easily overcome, I agree. The fake hand though, I'm not so sure how she could possibly get past it.
brandonhays

Postby Frederik » Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:14 pm

Heathenist wrote:

But why? He was awful. He burned his own daughter at the stake the episode before that (a character who was actually a fan favorite who I forgot to include).

dry wit and one-liners, basically.
Frederik

Postby IThinkItsIndecision » Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:18 pm

And he was the one willing to make the sacrifices necessary to MWGA.

Lots of people like assholes.
IThinkItsIndecision

Postby Heathenist » Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:19 pm

Frederik wrote:
Heathenist wrote:

I just find that baffling. In the books GRRM describes him as being this miserable asshole that pretty much no one actually likes. I felt like his portrayal in the show was fairly accurate. Sure, he liked to correct grammar occassionally but that certainly wasn't meant to make him likable.
Heathenist

Postby The Lowest One » Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:20 pm

Watching Stanis die was one of my favorite moments of the show.
The Lowest One

Postby Frederik » Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:25 pm

Heathenist wrote:
Frederik wrote:
Heathenist wrote:

I just find that baffling. In the books GRRM describes him as being this miserable asshole that pretty much no one actually likes. I felt like his portrayal in the show was fairly accurate. Sure, he liked to correct grammar occassionally but that certainly wasn't meant to make him likable.

I agree. It's also baffling how those same people who thought burning Shireen at the stake was "out of character" for a zealot with delusions of grandeur.
Frederik

Postby Queefer Sutherland » Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:31 pm

The Lowest One wrote:Watching Stanis die was one of my favorite moments of the show.

You mean not watching him die?
Queefer Sutherland

Postby Heathenist » Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:34 pm

Frederik wrote:
Heathenist wrote:
Frederik wrote:
Heathenist wrote:

I agree. It's also baffling how those same people who thought burning Shireen at the stake was "out of character" for a zealot with delusions of grandeur.

Nothing really surprises me anymore after watching with someone a few weeks ago that didn't know who Bran was by name. A person that had seen every episode up to that point. So I guess it shouldn't be surprising that a large number of people just don't see all the obvious signs that Stannis is a fucking idiot who'd been brainwashed by the red woman into believing he was fucking Azor Ahai.
Heathenist

Postby The Lowest One » Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:35 pm

Queefer Sutherland wrote:
The Lowest One wrote:Watching Stanis die was one of my favorite moments of the show.

You mean not watching him die?

EDIT:

Watching Brienne of fucking Tarth swing her sword at Stannis was one of my favorite moments of the show.
The Lowest One

PreviousNext