The Walking Dead

General discussion, shows, and everything else.

Postby righteous jad » Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:43 am

IIRC seasons 1-3 are the only worthwhile ones. Is S4 when they travel to Terminus? Fucking snoozefest if so.
User avatar
righteous jad
location: up duck butter's ass
 
Posts: 7260
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:14 am
Location: Australia

Postby TodayWeLive » Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:49 am

shithead wrote:On season 4 of my 'go back and rewatch the entire series' thing and holy FUCK, there's a good 5-6 episodes of season 4 that feel like I never even saw them. So. Fucking. Boring. Multiple completely unnecessary stretches of 2-3 episodes.

Once the prison battle happened it's like they just blew their wad financially and decided to meander through the remainder of the season.

I couldn't possibly care less about Beth. How this character and her "Southern accent only every now and then" ass lasted so long is beyond me.

I actually thought those episodes where they had that sickness at the prison, were too much filler. Way too much filler. I was really disappointed with the start to season 4, until they had the governor flashback episode. The season 4 mid-season finale was probably the best episode they had up until that point.

I didn't mind the second half of that season, but that Darryl/Beth episode was The. Absolute. Worst. Of. The. Series. Such a needless episode. I think it's largely agreed upon that this is the worst episode of the entire series. I hated the character of Beth, and she was at her worst when she was singing. She's a nice looking girl, but the character just kills any attraction I could have for her.
TodayWeLive
 
Posts: 573
Joined: Sun May 14, 2017 10:52 pm

Postby judge smails » Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:13 pm

TodayWeLive wrote:
shithead wrote:True, Andrea was the absolute worst. And I knew that stuff about the comic already. Didn't they give Andrea's sniping ability to Sasha as well?

Also RIP Axl the prisoner. Highly underrated character who only lasted a brief while.

I don't know much about Sasha's comic book character. I'm not even sure if Shane and Andrea actually hooked up in the comics, like they did in the car on the TV show.

Axl was the white hillbilly looking dude, right? It seemed like they were teasing a thing between him and Carol, until the governor randomly knocked him off, in one of the most random and out of nowhere killings in the history of the series.

Some people may think that about Denise with the arrow through her eye, but I saw that one coming.

Sasha isn't in the comics. Andrea was the best shooter in the comics, Michonne was pretty much the same as comic Michonne until she hooked up with Rick. Show Andrea was nothing like comic Andrea, who was in a relationship with Dale until he and Lori die, and eventually she gets with Rick. She was basically an amalgam of some of the better traits of Sasha and Michonne.
User avatar
judge smails
 
Posts: 8242
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:17 am
Location: The Flying Wasp

Postby judge smails » Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:15 pm

TodayWeLive wrote:
shithead wrote:On season 4 of my 'go back and rewatch the entire series' thing and holy FUCK, there's a good 5-6 episodes of season 4 that feel like I never even saw them. So. Fucking. Boring. Multiple completely unnecessary stretches of 2-3 episodes.

Once the prison battle happened it's like they just blew their wad financially and decided to meander through the remainder of the season.

I couldn't possibly care less about Beth. How this character and her "Southern accent only every now and then" ass lasted so long is beyond me.

I actually thought those episodes where they had that sickness at the prison, were too much filler. Way too much filler. I was really disappointed with the start to season 4, until they had the governor flashback episode. The season 4 mid-season finale was probably the best episode they had up until that point.

I didn't mind the second half of that season, but that Darryl/Beth episode was The. Absolute. Worst. Of. The. Series. Such a needless episode. I think it's largely agreed upon that this is the worst episode of the entire series. I hated the character of Beth, and she was at her worst when she was singing. She's a nice looking girl, but the character just kills any attraction I could have for her.

I thought the worst episode was when Andrea escapes from the Governor, gets allll the way back to the prison, and gets recaptured by the Governor. Literally nothing happens. I think that was the first time I was like "fuck this show."
User avatar
judge smails
 
Posts: 8242
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:17 am
Location: The Flying Wasp

Postby taylorm » Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:24 pm

There's way too many "worst episode" candidates, honestly. Tara's episode when she meets the all-woman beach group is a far more recent contender for that crown. The Beth/Daryl episode was beyond pointless. It's only redemptive quality was Daryl finally admitting that he was literally nothing before the end of the world, just some scumbag redneck who knew how to hunt.

Wasn't the actress who played Tara pregnant during filming for awhile? She was so much skinnier when her character was first introduced, it's crazy.

I'm also neck deep in the Lizzie/Mica "look at the flowers" nonsense and I juuuuust waaaaaannaaaa diiiiiiie.
User avatar
taylorm
¡yo quiero del taco!
 
Posts: 18588
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2003 5:01 am
Location: Golden Corral's chocolate waterfall

Postby Evils » Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:17 pm

Работа дома
Супер! Прикольная штука этот сервис, разобралась сразу, даже не взирая на то что мне 52,
сразу было понятно что делать (прямо там все написано),
как бы мне в моем возрасте трудно найти работу, но интернет, а точнее этот сайт, стал моим спасением,
уже больше 30 тысяч смогла заработать, и останавливаться на этом не собираюсь.
User avatar
Evils
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:13 pm
Location: Omsk

Postby judge smails » Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:47 pm

Man get them goofy ass Russian letters out of here
User avatar
judge smails
 
Posts: 8242
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:17 am
Location: The Flying Wasp

Postby TodayWeLive » Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:33 am

shithead wrote:There's way too many "worst episode" candidates, honestly. Tara's episode when she meets the all-woman beach group is a far more recent contender for that crown. The Beth/Daryl episode was beyond pointless. It's only redemptive quality was Daryl finally admitting that he was literally nothing before the end of the world, just some scumbag redneck who knew how to hunt.

Wasn't the actress who played Tara pregnant during filming for awhile? She was so much skinnier when her character was first introduced, it's crazy.

I'm also neck deep in the Lizzie/Mica "look at the flowers" nonsense and I juuuuust waaaaaannaaaa diiiiiiie.

That episode with Tara and the female group infuriated the fuck out of me. It also infuriated my best friend so bad, he warned me with a text, since I'm unable to watch some episodes live on Sunday night, due to my work schedule. He warned me ''No spoilers, but tonight's episode SUCKED!'' and I eventually watched it 5 or 6 nights later. I would have ranked that episode very high on the worst of the series list, but after what we saw in one of the last few episodes of the season, that episode was probably needed and it wasn't all for naught. Still, we still haven't found out what happened to Heath in that episode. :smt011

I think she was pregnant at one point, fairly recently. I remember thinking to myself, ''She's seems to be eating better than any of the other characters during the zombie apocalypse'' quite a while ago. Her weight gain seemed to start before she was apparently pregnant.
TodayWeLive
 
Posts: 573
Joined: Sun May 14, 2017 10:52 pm

Postby PaulKersey » Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:40 pm

I heard such bad things about that Tara episode that I just went right ahead and skipped it. Didnt detract from my understanding of events going forward AT ALL. By the time they came back around to that group of women, it was as simple as "Oh they have guns. Rick's people want their guns. TA-DA".
PaulKersey
 
Posts: 8226
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2008 9:42 pm
Location: The Bronx

Postby taylorm » Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:58 pm

There's a lot of episodes like that with TWD, honestly. They could compress an entire shitty episode into 5 minutes, tack it onto a decent episode and nobody would think twice about it.
User avatar
taylorm
¡yo quiero del taco!
 
Posts: 18588
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2003 5:01 am
Location: Golden Corral's chocolate waterfall

Postby TodayWeLive » Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:14 pm

This past season just had too many shitty episodes. I LOVED the finale, but the season was a dumpster fire, right from the beginning. From the cliffhanger deaths, which weren't even revealed until something like 22 minutes into the episode. Because 6+ months wasn't a long enough wait.

I feel bad for JDM/Negan, because I like the character and it's not his fault. It's just coincided with his introduction into the show, but it's not his fault. Just too many filler/bottle episodes last season.
TodayWeLive
 
Posts: 573
Joined: Sun May 14, 2017 10:52 pm

Postby Heathenist » Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:20 am

shithead wrote:There's a lot of episodes like that with TWD, honestly. They could compress an entire shitty episode into 5 minutes, tack it onto a decent episode and nobody would think twice about it.


That's been my frustration with this show for so long. Most seasons could likely be compressed into a few episodes.
User avatar
Heathenist
 
Posts: 19738
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:22 am

Postby judge smails » Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:52 pm

Heathenist wrote:
shithead wrote:There's a lot of episodes like that with TWD, honestly. They could compress an entire shitty episode into 5 minutes, tack it onto a decent episode and nobody would think twice about it.


That's been my frustration with this show for so long. Most seasons could likely be compressed into a few episodes.

Yup. Two 8 episode runs a season is absurd when they could tell a better version of the story in ten episodes. They wouldn't even have to cut anything important or interesting.
User avatar
judge smails
 
Posts: 8242
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:17 am
Location: The Flying Wasp

Postby taylorm » Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:45 pm

Who watched the season premiere? It's being universally shit on everywhere, so I expect nothing different here.

I thought it was pretty satisfying, albeit completely implausible. It should have been longer than an hour, or they should have cut waaaay back on the fluff and flashback malarkey.

If "only one man has to die", why not just SHOOT THAT ONE MAN while he's giving you another one of his scintillating comedic threat sessions?
User avatar
taylorm
¡yo quiero del taco!
 
Posts: 18588
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2003 5:01 am
Location: Golden Corral's chocolate waterfall

Postby Bob Loblaw » Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:50 pm

What. A. Fucking. Turd. Of. An. Episode.
User avatar
Bob Loblaw
 
Posts: 9565
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2006 3:30 pm
Location: Total Posts: 666

Postby vie et mort » Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:22 am

Episode was mildly satisfying, at the very least it leaves you wanting to see whats going to happen next week.

The pacing was pretty bad, and some of those cuts combined with the flashbacks were just weird.

And seriously? You surround Negans compound with a small militia armed to the teeth but no one's going to fire on him when he's standing completely vulnerable out in the open?
User avatar
vie et mort
 
Posts: 1486
Joined: Tue Sep 26, 2006 1:12 am
Location: LA

Postby Catamaran » Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:34 am

Could have been 30 minutes.
User avatar
Catamaran
 
Posts: 3991
Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2009 12:05 pm

Postby lala fuck you » Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:46 am

Action packed first episode just like other seasons
User avatar
lala fuck you
 
Posts: 26883
Joined: Thu Dec 07, 2006 3:44 am
Location: PR

Postby xmilestogox » Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:37 pm

It's pretty unbelievable that Rick is a marksman in every other situation, but he couldn't hit Negan once the entire firefight in this episode. Also as has been mentioned, the pacing in this show is almost always god-awful. I'll keep watching though because I'm a glutton for punishment.
User avatar
xmilestogox
 
Posts: 1215
Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:50 pm
Location: PA

Postby taylorm » Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:51 pm

That's the thing, these show writers have everybody roped in. They've got people genuinely interested watching and people hate watching, so they get the numbers either way.
User avatar
taylorm
¡yo quiero del taco!
 
Posts: 18588
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2003 5:01 am
Location: Golden Corral's chocolate waterfall

Postby righteous jad » Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:57 pm

The season opener of a season called All Out War and it’s another slow episode? Fuck it, I’m done with this turd.
User avatar
righteous jad
location: up duck butter's ass
 
Posts: 7260
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:14 am
Location: Australia

Postby taylorm » Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:59 pm

No you aren't.
User avatar
taylorm
¡yo quiero del taco!
 
Posts: 18588
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2003 5:01 am
Location: Golden Corral's chocolate waterfall

Postby judge smails » Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:06 pm

Do it. Quit cold turkey. That’s what I did after last year’s shitty season opener and I haven’t looked back.

Anyways, anyone here still read the comic?
User avatar
judge smails
 
Posts: 8242
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:17 am
Location: The Flying Wasp

Postby Kenny Fury » Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:15 pm

Did anyone else notice how hard it was to hear the dialogue in this episode? The music and sound effects were drowning out everyone speaking.
Kenny Fury
 
Posts: 9874
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2006 1:15 pm
Location: Maryland

Postby taylorm » Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:18 pm

I listened with noise cancelling headphones, so nah.
User avatar
taylorm
¡yo quiero del taco!
 
Posts: 18588
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2003 5:01 am
Location: Golden Corral's chocolate waterfall

Postby Bob Loblaw » Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:23 pm

judge smails wrote:Anyways, anyone here still read the comic?


:smt006

and I’m so considering quitting this fucking show. Last night’s episode was just abysmal.

Who the fuck is writing this dialogue??
User avatar
Bob Loblaw
 
Posts: 9565
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2006 3:30 pm
Location: Total Posts: 666

Postby judge smails » Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:29 pm

Bob Loblaw wrote:
judge smails wrote:Anyways, anyone here still read the comic?


:smt006

You up to date?
User avatar
judge smails
 
Posts: 8242
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:17 am
Location: The Flying Wasp

Postby Bob Loblaw » Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:38 pm

judge smails wrote:
Bob Loblaw wrote:
judge smails wrote:Anyways, anyone here still read the comic?


:smt006

You up to date?


Yeah, I think so

172 was the last one I read.
User avatar
Bob Loblaw
 
Posts: 9565
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2006 3:30 pm
Location: Total Posts: 666

Postby judge smails » Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:17 pm

Bob Loblaw wrote:
judge smails wrote:
Bob Loblaw wrote:
judge smails wrote:Anyways, anyone here still read the comic?


:smt006

You up to date?


Yeah, I think so

172 was the last one I read.

Spoiler: show
RIP Andrea :smt022
User avatar
judge smails
 
Posts: 8242
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:17 am
Location: The Flying Wasp

Postby Bob Loblaw » Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:31 pm

judge smails wrote:
Bob Loblaw wrote:
judge smails wrote:
Bob Loblaw wrote:
judge smails wrote:Anyways, anyone here still read the comic?


:smt006

You up to date?


Yeah, I think so

172 was the last one I read.

Spoiler: show
RIP Andrea :smt022


Spoiler: show
dude, I know.

She was probably my favorite character for awhile and that definitely hit me hard. I didn’t see it coming and just assumed the “bite” was a red herring and would turn out to be a scrape from something else or whatever. That being said, the issue was very well done and a proper send off to a beloved character. I understand now why Kirkman did it and am curious to see how Rick handles the world post Andrea.

PS I’m not sold on this new character yet. She just comes across as super annoying and out of place. Though, I do get that that’s probably the intention

PSS Negan rules and is probably now my favorite character
User avatar
Bob Loblaw
 
Posts: 9565
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2006 3:30 pm
Location: Total Posts: 666

Postby judge smails » Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:19 pm

Bob Loblaw wrote:
Spoiler: show
dude, I know.

She was probably my favorite character for awhile and that definitely hit me hard. I didn’t see it coming and just assumed the “bite” was a red herring and would turn out to be a scrape from something else or whatever. That being said, the issue was very well done and a proper send off to a beloved character. I understand now why Kirkman did it and am curious to see how Rick handles the world post Andrea.

PS I’m not sold on this new character yet. She just comes across as super annoying and out of place. Though, I do get that that’s probably the intention

PSS Negan rules and is probably now my favorite character


Spoiler: show
yeah I pretty much had the same thoughts. I was bummed, but it definitely had more of an impact than if any other character died. And I think that’s the difference between the comic and the show. At the point I stopped watching I would not have cared about ANY of the characters dying.
User avatar
judge smails
 
Posts: 8242
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:17 am
Location: The Flying Wasp

Postby taylorm » Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:26 pm

1/4 of tonight's episode was slow mo closeups of people's faces.
User avatar
taylorm
¡yo quiero del taco!
 
Posts: 18588
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2003 5:01 am
Location: Golden Corral's chocolate waterfall

Postby joffrey » Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:56 am

IS THAT LITTLE SHIT KORAL ALL GROWN UP? I WANNA KICK HIS ASS
User avatar
joffrey
 
Posts: 71
Joined: Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:03 am

Postby taylorm » Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:22 pm

Posting for additional criticism of last night's episode.
User avatar
taylorm
¡yo quiero del taco!
 
Posts: 18588
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2003 5:01 am
Location: Golden Corral's chocolate waterfall

Postby PaulKersey » Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:30 pm

Two episodes of the new season have aired so far and I have not watched them. I think I'm in the clear, folks. Woulda watched by now. Fuck this show.


I do still read the comic though. Negan has been very enjoyable in that format for sure.
PaulKersey
 
Posts: 8226
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2008 9:42 pm
Location: The Bronx

Postby Bob Loblaw » Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:08 pm

comic still rules

show is for soccer moms and human dildos
User avatar
Bob Loblaw
 
Posts: 9565
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2006 3:30 pm
Location: Total Posts: 666

Postby Check Your Sources » Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:34 pm

It was an okay episode, made no fucking sense though

I do not fucking remember that one guy at all
User avatar
Check Your Sources
USA! USA! USA!
 
Posts: 5625
Joined: Sat Jul 04, 2009 3:38 pm
Location: Toronto

Postby mikeaz » Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:09 pm

Episode 1 was ok. Episode 2 was confusing. Done with this show.
mikeaz
 
Posts: 1307
Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2006 6:10 pm
Location: Phoenix

Postby TodayWeLive » Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:08 am

Check Your Sources wrote:It was an okay episode, made no fucking sense though

I do not fucking remember that one guy at all

There's been a lot of interest from fans and questions, due to his whereabouts being unknown.

He was pretty much one of the only loose ends, whose fate remained unknown.
TodayWeLive
 
Posts: 573
Joined: Sun May 14, 2017 10:52 pm

Postby xmilestogox » Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:59 am

Bob Loblaw wrote:comic still rules

show is for soccer moms and human dildos


I do believe I am a human dildo for subjecting myself to this show week after week. It's pretty fucking bad.
User avatar
xmilestogox
 
Posts: 1215
Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:50 pm
Location: PA

Postby taylorm » Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:32 am

Morales was a pussy. No way he’d have survived the zompocalypse long enough to fall in with Negan’s men. I doubt his character lasts more than a handful of episodes. It’s just dumb fan service.
User avatar
taylorm
¡yo quiero del taco!
 
Posts: 18588
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2003 5:01 am
Location: Golden Corral's chocolate waterfall

Postby judge smails » Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:11 pm

shithead wrote:Morales was a pussy. No way he’d have survived the zompocalypse long enough to fall in with Negan’s men. I doubt his character lasts more than a handful of episodes. It’s just dumb fan service.

That’s the type of thing I grew to hate about the show. First couple of seasons there was a real sense that anyone could die at any time. Then the show blew up and you knew the main characters were safe. It got to the point where any time they spent an episode developing a minor character you knew they were going to die. I don’t remember names, but I called 2 or 3 of those deaths in conversations with a friend of mine.
User avatar
judge smails
 
Posts: 8242
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:17 am
Location: The Flying Wasp

Postby TodayWeLive » Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:27 am

One very unrealistic part of the show, is how characters seem to always run into each other, no matter how many hundreds of miles away. With the terminus storyline, it made a little sense, since they were all going to the same place. It made a little sense with Morgan, as he had a map and knew where to find Rick, but he did just run into Darryl and Aaron just by blind luck.

How do two people who met in Atlanta, run into each other near DC?
TodayWeLive
 
Posts: 573
Joined: Sun May 14, 2017 10:52 pm

Postby dronezilla » Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:07 pm

the gunfight in front of the building reminded me of this:

Image
dronezilla
 
Posts: 1671
Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2006 5:10 am
Location: Vienna

Postby TodayWeLive » Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:43 pm

I’ve been pretty happy with the first two episodes, and I was very critical of last season. I think last season only had 4 or 5 good episodes, and I think we’re already two for two, so far.
TodayWeLive
 
Posts: 573
Joined: Sun May 14, 2017 10:52 pm

Postby taylorm » Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:46 pm

Not enough happens in each episode.
User avatar
taylorm
¡yo quiero del taco!
 
Posts: 18588
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2003 5:01 am
Location: Golden Corral's chocolate waterfall

Postby TodayWeLive » Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:52 pm

shithead wrote:Not enough happens in each episode.

I think a lot has happened in these first two episodes. I think they want this Negan storyline to last the duration of this season, so I don’t see how they can get it to go any faster than this, without putting in a bunch of filler episodes, which there was too much of during the last season.
TodayWeLive
 
Posts: 573
Joined: Sun May 14, 2017 10:52 pm

Postby Balls N' All » Thu Nov 02, 2017 3:47 pm

Naturally I'd love to see negan eat lead but I doubt that will happen anytime soon..
User avatar
Balls N' All
 
Posts: 656
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2016 11:46 am
Location: Stuck to Seat 37 on Fido3

Postby Check Your Sources » Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:35 pm

I keep waiting for the Governor to show back up
User avatar
Check Your Sources
USA! USA! USA!
 
Posts: 5625
Joined: Sat Jul 04, 2009 3:38 pm
Location: Toronto

Postby TodayWeLive » Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:46 pm

Balls N' All wrote:Naturally I'd love to see negan eat lead but I doubt that will happen anytime soon..

He's likely either gonna be whacked in the season finale, or taken out of power. It depends how long the actor wants to stay in the series. If he's still in it after this season, when the All Out War storyline would presumably end, it will no doubt be in a more secondary role. Would JDM go for that? I don't know.
Check Your Sources wrote:I keep waiting for the Governor to show back up

Haha maybe in another hallucination scene.

It would be sweet if he was the confirmed crossover character between the Walking Dead and Fear The Walking Dead.
TodayWeLive
 
Posts: 573
Joined: Sun May 14, 2017 10:52 pm

PreviousNext


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Ben Nash, Bing [Bot], BRICK_FLAIR, bruja, Connieblunc, final_justice, flask1203, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], HOTDOGS_COMINURWAY, Iron-Clad Face, IThinkItsIndecision, JamesO))), Lobsterdog, nerd eater, Queefer Sutherland, ryan_aka_a_knee_deepinthe, Spider Jerusalem, state violence, Stoner Witch and 55 guests