The Walking Dead

General discussion, shows, and everything else.

Postby c_floyd II » Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:48 am

The junkyard lady still pisses me off to no end but maybe we should have seen that coming, she is a real piece of shit. Really thought we were going to see something different out of Dwight this episode but I guess we will have to wait.
c_floyd II

Postby taylorm » Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:56 am

Why has this group of trash people developed their own way of speaking? It's driving me crazy. Society hasn't fallen apart long enough for people to just evolve into a brand new language type.

Zombies are nothing more than a minor inconvenience on this show now. They're really shooting themselves in the foot by making the zombies an afterthought.
taylorm
¡yo quiero del taco!

Postby taylorm » Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:57 am

Also I absolutely wood the trash lady.
taylorm
¡yo quiero del taco!

Postby righteous jad » Mon Apr 03, 2017 1:54 pm

shithead wrote:Also I absolutely wood the trash lady.

She lay with you after
righteous jad

Postby Bob Loblaw » Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:27 pm

It was cool seeing Negan use snek Plissken's machine gun.
Bob Loblaw

Postby Saul Berenson bear » Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:43 pm

shithead wrote:Why has this group of trash people developed their own way of speaking? It's driving me crazy. Society hasn't fallen apart long enough for people to just evolve into a brand new language type.

Zombies are nothing more than a minor inconvenience on this show now. They're really shooting themselves in the foot by making the zombies an afterthought.

In reality, living humans would pose more of a problem than slow, shuffling corpses. You'd have to deal with psychopaths vying for lawless lands on a regular basis. The writers do try to preserve some of the horror elements by making hordes of zombies appear out of nowhere but there's only so much you can do to make the threat believable over the course of 7 seasons. The problem isn't the focus on human conflict. It's the sloppy writing with Negan being the worst villain I've ever seen. I just wanted someone to hit him over the head with his own bat so he'd shut the fuck up.
Saul Berenson bear
I'm high on blow and masturbating to this. My cock feels sensational.

Postby c_floyd II » Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:44 pm

Now we gotta wait till October
c_floyd II

Postby zero tolerance » Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:58 pm

How does that tiger know a good guy from a bad one?

I swear when they showed that one guy getting his head tore off it was a puppet handler struggling with a giant puppet tiger.
zero tolerance

Postby taylorm » Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:01 pm

mushroom of the penis wrote:
shithead wrote:Why has this group of trash people developed their own way of speaking? It's driving me crazy. Society hasn't fallen apart long enough for people to just evolve into a brand new language type.

In reality, living humans would pose more of a problem than slow, shuffling corpses. You'd have to deal with psychopaths vying for lawless lands on a regular basis. The writers do try to preserve some of the horror elements by making hordes of zombies appear out of nowhere but there's only so much you can do to make the threat believable over the course of 7 seasons. The problem isn't the focus on human conflict. It's the sloppy writing with Negan being the worst villain I've ever seen. I just wanted someone to hit him over the head with his own bat so he'd shut the fuck up.

Pretty sure you're just DB... but the whole "humans are more of a threat than the dead" thing got established and played out long ago. Like, we get it. But the fact of the matter is zombies were the reason society collapsed. It's what got people watching the show to begin with. If you decide to make them into some vaguely menacing annoyance you might as well be making new episodes of "Lost": several season's worth of unanswered questions and aimless character establishment that goes absolutely nowhere.

It honestly seems like it's less about writing and more about budget with this show. It costs money to shoot episodes with the whole cast and it costs money to make ever more elaborate zombies/zombie kills/etc. This show cuts corners by making these meandering episodes with no real development in plot because it costs them peanuts to produce and churn out.

In other words we get dreadful CGI deer so we can afford 180 seconds worth of gunfire in the season finale.
taylorm
¡yo quiero del taco!

Postby judge smails » Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:49 pm

Guys, the show sucks. it doesn't matter if zombies or other people are more threatening when the writing is terrible.
judge smails

Postby Check Your Sources » Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:45 pm

that widow is alive, guns-a-blazin!!
Check Your Sources
USA! USA! USA!

Postby Check Your Sources » Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:45 pm

for real though, episode was pretty okay. I don't know what you guys are expecting at this point.
Check Your Sources
USA! USA! USA!

Postby righteous jad » Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:52 pm

Yeah, I don't know, to be entertained perhaps?

Decent article about one of the many reasons this season sucked shit

https://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2017/04/03/this-was-the-dumbest-thing-about-season-7-of-the-walking-dead/#6366631b38ee
righteous jad

Postby kneedeepinthedead » Tue Apr 04, 2017 6:52 am

i've watched every episode and will probably continue to watch but that finale was pretty anticlimactic. that betrayal by the trash people was incredibly underwhelming. they spent that 1 episode where they tested Rick and they made a deal. That was all it took for Rick and the rest of Alexandria to blindly trust them?? even sasha's death was pretty pointless. i guess they wanted to kill off a major character, but they built it up like something more was going to come out of it other than causing some chaos during the showdown. at least have her bite Eugene or Simon or Dwight. Also, even though Alexandria, the hilltop, and the kingdom combined forces at the last minute, it sure as hell didn't seem like they outnumbered the trash people and the saviors.

i continue to believe the show is entertaining and feel it's better than most things on TV, so i will continue to watch it but so many things make me roll my eyes at this point.
kneedeepinthedead

Postby c_floyd II » Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:09 am

I couldn't tell if Sasha was serious about suicide/needing a weapon to do so when talking to Eugene. Did she decide that after talking to Neegan in hopes of biting him eventually or was she just tired of living?
c_floyd II

Postby Check Your Sources » Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:12 am

probably she originally wanted a weapon, but after agreeing with negan that only one person had to die she killed herself hoping to spare everyone else.
Check Your Sources
USA! USA! USA!

Postby lala fuck you » Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:57 am

neegan driving away giving the finger was so stupid
lala fuck you

Postby PaulKersey » Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:26 am

Sasha was killed off because the actress got a leading role on the new Star Trek show. It's all a matter of convenience. She was never an interesting-enough character to warrant the "major death in a finale treatment". TWD creators have been content shoe-horning "meaningful" backstory for characters that are about to get axed, and the scene with Abraham in the finale was supposed to accomplish that. Sasha only ever existed as an accessory to someone else, whether it be Tyreese or Abraham. She had her "psycho phase" where she just felt like slaughtering a bunch of walkers in the woods.

The better way out would have been her getting killed in that wrong-headed assault on the Sanctuary with Rosita. She would not have survived that, and it's inexplicable why Negan didnt kill her during that. The whole "I LIKE you, you got MOXIE" angle cant be used every. single. time. (Darryl, Carl, AND Sasha?)
Last edited by PaulKersey on Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
PaulKersey

Postby PaulKersey » Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:27 am

lala fuck you wrote:neegan driving away giving the finger was so stupid

It fits the character, and given the fact that everyone seemed to be a shitty shooter in that episode, it doesnt surprise me that his hand wasnt struck by at least one bullet as it was out the window.
PaulKersey

Postby Bounce » Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:19 am

I'd rather he communicated with the bird than one more idiotic speech.
Bounce

Postby taylorm » Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:48 am

PaulKersey wrote:Sasha was killed off because the actress got a leading role on the new Star Trek show. It's all a matter of convenience. She was never an interesting-enough character to warrant the "major death in a finale treatment". TWD creators have been content shoe-horning "meaningful" backstory for characters that are about to get axed, and the scene with Abraham in the finale was supposed to accomplish that. Sasha only ever existed as an accessory to someone else, whether it be Tyreese or Abraham. She had her "psycho phase" where she just felt like slaughtering a bunch of walkers in the woods.

The better way out would have been her getting killed in that wrong-headed assault on the Sanctuary with Rosita. She would not have survived that, and it's inexplicable why Negan didnt kill her during that. The whole "I LIKE you, you got MOXIE" angle cant be used every. single. time. (Darryl, Carl, AND Sasha?)

That's what's bothered me about Negan. This character didn't tolerate shit from anybody during that mid-season finale. Even Daryl getting up and acting out of line drove him to bash a second persons brains in. Sooo... Carl sneaks into his stronghold, takes out a few of his men and he practically befriends the kid? Same with Sasha. Sasha and Carl getting in and killing his men shows weakness and failure on Negan's part. For a guy into ruling by intimidation, he just blows two opportunities to set further examples.
taylorm
¡yo quiero del taco!

Postby taylorm » Sun Jun 04, 2017 11:11 pm

Fear The Walking Dead premiere was tonight. Anybody else watch?
taylorm
¡yo quiero del taco!

Postby goldylox » Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:44 am

shithead wrote:Fear The Walking Dead premiere was tonight. Anybody else watch?

Loved the first season then for some reason got off track and didn't watch the second season, I need to catch up.
goldylox

Postby taylorm » Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:46 am

It's whatever. It definitely falls into a lot of the same slumps that TWD did early on. You'd think you'd never run out of stuff to write about in a world taken over by zombies.
taylorm
¡yo quiero del taco!

Postby goldylox » Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:55 am

shithead wrote:It's whatever. It definitely falls into a lot of the same slumps that TWD did early on. You'd think you'd never run out of stuff to write about in a world taken over by zombies.

I believe i started the second season, left off where they met that family by the port who had the fence, and the family wouldn't leave with them. There on season 3 correct?
goldylox

Postby taylorm » Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:58 am

Yeah, season 3. Last night was two back-to-back episodes.
taylorm
¡yo quiero del taco!

Postby taylorm » Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:12 pm

For anybody who checked out with FTWD, I'd suggest giving it another go. It's gotten a lot better and it's arguably better than the main series right now.
taylorm
¡yo quiero del taco!

Postby I gave you power » Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:49 am

shithead wrote:For anybody who checked out with FTWD, I'd suggest giving it another go. It's gotten a lot better and it's arguably better than the main series right now.

That is a low, low bar.
I gave you power

Postby taylorm » Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:49 am

I guess.
taylorm
¡yo quiero del taco!

Postby midnightmass » Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:00 pm

last night's episode was great, walking dead or otherwise.
midnightmass

Postby ytharod » Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:26 pm

That ending :smt009
ytharod

Postby righteous jad » Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:23 pm

Haven't enjoyed the last couple of seasons, but will still hate watch this every week like a little bitch
righteous jad

Postby taylorm » Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:33 pm

ytharod wrote:

What's the significance of the ending? I don't get it. Flashforward?
taylorm
¡yo quiero del taco!

Postby ytharod » Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:30 pm

shithead wrote:
ytharod wrote:

What's the significance of the ending? I don't get it. Flashforward?

I've been reading that it's Rick after the war they have with negan. Apparently this is him waking up after everything and negan broke his legs hence the cane. Don't know if he was in some sort of coma and it's been a while because he's got gray hair. Not sure how true any of that is since I haven't read the comics but p retty excited to see what goes down. Frustrating seeing that ending though and just knowing that they lose this battle.
ytharod

Postby taylorm » Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:33 pm

Is that really an indication that they lose the battle though?
taylorm
¡yo quiero del taco!

Postby ytharod » Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:39 pm

shithead wrote:Is that really an indication that they lose the battle though?

I mean I would think so. Knowing that negan is still around in the comics and all.
ytharod

Postby taylorm » Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:45 pm

The consensus among nerds seems to be: Negan fucks Rick's legs up in a 1-on-1 fight but Rick wins. The scene at the end is a time skip to a few years later, where Rick now needs a cane to get around. He's not the bad-ass leader orchestrating fights and shit anymore. I read somebody draw a LOTR comparison that he'll soon be more like Gandalf and less like Aragorn once "All Out War" is over with.
taylorm
¡yo quiero del taco!

Postby PaulKersey » Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:17 pm

Read some comic spoilers. It's all there.
PaulKersey

Postby taylorm » Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:38 pm

Nah.
taylorm
¡yo quiero del taco!

Postby spsp » Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:06 pm

did rick lose his hand yet
spsp

Postby TodayWeLive » Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:23 pm

The trailer was good, I'm excited and hoping for better than last season. There were literally only 4 or 5 episodes that I really liked last year. I thought Fear The Walking Dead was better this half season than the last season of the original series. Even though most won't admit it.

ytharod wrote:
shithead wrote:Is that really an indication that they lose the battle though?

I mean I would think so. Knowing that negan is still around in the comics and all.

I don't read the comics, but just from what I know about it

Spoiler: show
They do win the war, Rick and the group just keep Negan as their prisoner. Perhaps that happens in the TV series,
with Negan in the cell that Morgan built over a season ago. Or they go a different route and slightly deviate from the comic path (which they've done before) and kill Negan off. Or JDM just doesn't wanna remain in the series in more of a secondary role and he's killed off. Apparently, there is also a lengthy time skip after all out war, until the whisperers story arc starts.
TodayWeLive

Postby judge smails » Sat Jul 22, 2017 2:39 am

Minor comic spoiler
Spoiler: show
honestly the period of stability in between all out war and the whisperer war was one of my favorite parts of the comic. It's interesting to me to see how they rebuild society in the midst of the zombie apocalypse. That's one of the weaknesses of the comic. Every villain has to be deadlier and more dangerous than the last so in a way it gets almost predictable and routine. Post all out war rebuilding was a nice change of pace.
judge smails

Postby taylorm » Sat Aug 05, 2017 6:49 pm

Re-watching the old seasons these past few days. Two things...

1) I never noticed the SS lightning bolts on Daryl's motorcycle before. I'm assuming it's just a motorcycle he stole, but still a detail I hadn't noticed.

2) I'd forgotten that it kind of seemed like they were angling for a Michonne/Andrea lesbian thing near the beginning of season 3. Some definite weird closeness going on. It was likely just done to mess with viewers but even so.
taylorm
¡yo quiero del taco!

Postby righteous jad » Sat Aug 05, 2017 6:55 pm

shithead wrote:Re-watching the old seasons these past few days. Two things...

1) I never noticed the SS lightning bolts on Daryl's motorcycle before. I'm assuming it's just a motorcycle he stole, but still a detail I hadn't noticed.

2) I'd forgotten that it kind of seemed like they were angling for a Michonne/Andrea lesbian thing near the beginning of season 3. Some definite weird closeness going on. It was likely just done to mess with viewers but even so.

1) I think it was openly racist Merle's bike.

2) I never noticed that, I just thought they were super close. Having said that it would've made more sense than Michonne and Rick.
righteous jad

Postby TodayWeLive » Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:23 pm

shithead wrote:Re-watching the old seasons these past few days. Two things...

Been a while since I've watched season 3. Merle was definitely one of my favorite characters on the show. Loved when they brought him back for season 3, after his fate was left unknown in season one, other than his arm being sawed off. He sure went out like a champ, too.

I remember noticing the bolts back when season 3 was airing. That might have been Merle's bike. I don't remember him leaving Woodbury on a bike when they escaped in the mid-season 3 premiere.

Never got a Michonne/Andrea lesbian vibe, but it may have been sort of teased to throw viewers off.
TodayWeLive

Postby taylorm » Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:41 pm

I could be assuming the lesbian thing. Maybe chalk it up to wishful thinking? :smt047

Also holy fuck, I'm continually reminded of why I hated Andrea. I can't believe this character lasted so long.
taylorm
¡yo quiero del taco!

Postby TodayWeLive » Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:46 pm

shithead wrote:I could be assuming the lesbian thing. Maybe chalk it up to wishful thinking? :smt047

Also holy fuck, I'm continually reminded of why I hated Andrea. I can't believe this character lasted so long.

Slight spoilers, which you may also be aware of. the TV series Andrea was taken in a completely different direction than the comic book Andrea. Michonne has actually assumed the TV role that Andrea took in the comics. as Rick's love interest. I don't read the comics, but I know a bit about the basics and fundamentals of them.

Once Andrea fucked the governor, she was ''Too far gone'', so to speak. They couldn't have brought her back to be Rick's new wife after scrogging both Shane AND the governor.
TodayWeLive

Postby taylorm » Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:50 pm

True, Andrea was the absolute worst. And I knew that stuff about the comic already. Didn't they give Andrea's sniping ability to Sasha as well?

Also RIP Axl the prisoner. Highly underrated character who only lasted a brief while.
taylorm
¡yo quiero del taco!

Postby TodayWeLive » Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:53 pm

shithead wrote:True, Andrea was the absolute worst. And I knew that stuff about the comic already. Didn't they give Andrea's sniping ability to Sasha as well?

Also RIP Axl the prisoner. Highly underrated character who only lasted a brief while.

I don't know much about Sasha's comic book character. I'm not even sure if Shane and Andrea actually hooked up in the comics, like they did in the car on the TV show.

Axl was the white hillbilly looking dude, right? It seemed like they were teasing a thing between him and Carol, until the governor randomly knocked him off, in one of the most random and out of nowhere killings in the history of the series.

Some people may think that about Denise with the arrow through her eye, but I saw that one coming.
TodayWeLive

Postby taylorm » Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:06 pm

On season 4 of my 'go back and rewatch the entire series' thing and holy FUCK, there's a good 5-6 episodes of season 4 that feel like I never even saw them. So. Fucking. Boring. Multiple completely unnecessary stretches of 2-3 episodes.

Once the prison battle happened it's like they just blew their wad financially and decided to meander through the remainder of the season.

I couldn't possibly care less about Beth. How this character and her "Southern accent only every now and then" ass lasted so long is beyond me.
taylorm
¡yo quiero del taco!

PreviousNext