The Walking Dead

General discussion, shows, and everything else.

Postby righteous jad » Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:34 am

Balls N' All wrote:Naturally I'd love to see negan eat lead but I doubt that will happen anytime soon..

Show fucked up by making the bad guy a lot more charismatic and likeable than any of the guys you’re supposed to rooting for. I’d love for Rick and/or Coral to eat it.
righteous jad

Postby judge smails » Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:30 am

I think the show fucked up by kinda following the comics and kinda not. All of the interesting storylines that I liked on the show were the ones that had nothing to do with the comic.
judge smails

Postby PaulKersey » Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:21 am

I'd say one of the strongest episodes, if not the strongest, was one completely unrelated to the comic and it was the 90-minute episode with just John Carroll Lynch and Morgan. It was such an anomaly for this show because the writing was so superb and the performances were great. It might as well have been a different show.
PaulKersey

Postby taylorm » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:19 am

PaulKersey wrote:I'd say one of the strongest episodes, if not the strongest, was one completely unrelated to the comic and it was the 90-minute episode with just John Carroll Lynch and Morgan. It was such an anomaly for this show because the writing was so superb and the performances were great. It might as well have been a different show.

That was definitely one of the strongest episodes. Right up there with the pilot episode.

Also, hi Morale. Bye Morales.
taylorm
¡yo quiero del taco!

Postby Kenny Fury » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:25 am

What the fuck is even happening in the last two episodes? This is so stupid and Im mad that I've invested so much time in this show that I need to find out what happens.
Kenny Fury

Postby taylorm » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:37 am

It's nuts that the events of the last few episodes have been taking place over the span of ONE. FUCKING. DAY. It's a testament to how slow this show moves.
taylorm
¡yo quiero del taco!

Postby TodayWeLive » Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:58 am

righteous jad wrote:
Balls N' All wrote:Naturally I'd love to see negan eat lead but I doubt that will happen anytime soon..

Show fucked up by making the bad guy a lot more charismatic and likeable than any of the guys you’re supposed to rooting for. I’d love for Rick and/or Coral to eat it.

I like that unique dynamic with Negan. He's a ruthless person, but he's much more reasonable than the governor, who would take your shit, kill you all, then put your heads in a tank. Or the terminus people, who would eat you, sometimes while you were still alive.

PaulKersey wrote:I'd say one of the strongest episodes, if not the strongest, was one completely unrelated to the comic and it was the 90-minute episode with just John Carroll Lynch and Morgan. It was such an anomaly for this show because the writing was so superb and the performances were great. It might as well have been a different show.

I actually liked that episode, a lot. Another episode that I really liked, that was disconnected from the show, were the episode's right before the governor attacks the prison. The flashback episode's, which show what happened to the governor, between Woodbury and attacking the prison the second time.

I've been pretty happy with this season, but you bring back Morales, to kill him after he gets literally 5 minutes of screen time? That was kind of lame. And only in fictional TV shows, do characters wind up running into each other, 600-700 miles away from where they initially ran into each other, years earlier.
TodayWeLive

Postby c_floyd II » Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:13 pm

Where can I watch episode 3 from this season it's still not up on my cable anywhere.
c_floyd II

Postby taylorm » Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:15 pm

funboi wrote:Where can I watch episode 3 from this season it's still not up on my cable anywhere.

https://yesmovies.to/movie/the-walking- ... 22371.html
taylorm
¡yo quiero del taco!

Postby c_floyd II » Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:18 pm

Thanks boo
c_floyd II

Postby Jacko » Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:44 pm

I think the producers need to put an end point to this show or else it is going to go in circles forever.
Jacko

Postby judge smails » Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:54 pm

Jacko wrote:I think the producers need to put an end point to this show or else it is going to go in circles forever.

It’s a soap opera, but with zombies.
judge smails

Postby TodayWeLive » Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:44 am

Jacko wrote:I think the producers need to put an end point to this show or else it is going to go in circles forever.

There's a widely rumored character death, supposedly coming in the mid-season finale, which could kill the entire series. It would be a vast diversion from the comics, as well.

Might not be true, as I remember when there was this rumor that Glenn was killed off in season 5, and that all the cast members were sad right after they filmed his supposed death. His actual death didn't come until 2 years later. In that case, it may have been disinformation, and Beth was the only long term major character death around that time.

If they did go through with this one, ratings will likely drop off even more, it will mess up a lot of potential future storylines.

Spoiler: show
The rumored character is Carl. The actor is going to college, so it he does get killed off, it wasn't the writers choice to kill him off. It's the actor's choice. I didn't see last night's episode, yet, but he hasn't gotten a lot of time this season. He Was only in the first episode, if I recall correctly. Not that this necessarily means anything, as we've seen other major characters go several consecutive episodes without being shown at all.
TodayWeLive

Postby rick2lifeonahorse » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:13 am

TodayWeLive wrote:

There's a widely rumored character death, supposedly coming in the mid-season finale, which could kill the entire series. It would be a vast diversion from the comics, as well.

Might not be true, as I remember when there was this rumor that Glenn was killed off in season 5, and that all the cast members were sad right after they filmed his supposed death. His actual death didn't come until 2 years later. In that case, it may have been disinformation, and Beth was the only long term major character death around that time.

If they did go through with this one, ratings will likely drop off even more, it will mess up a lot of potential future storylines.

The rumored character is Carl. The actor is going to college, so it he does get killed off, it wasn't the writers choice to kill him off. It's the actor's choice. I didn't see last night's episode, yet, but he hasn't gotten a lot of time this season. He Was only in the first episode, if I recall correctly. Not that this necessarily means anything, as we've seen other major characters go several consecutive episodes without being shown at all.

god i hope so, i havent watched any episodes this season but it would be so great if that
little fuck
died
rick2lifeonahorse

Postby taylorm » Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:21 am

That kid is kind of a dork for leaving for college. You have your whole life to finish school, you can’t guarantee you’ll be on another successful television show that can set you and your family up financially for the rest of their lives.
taylorm
¡yo quiero del taco!

Postby c_floyd II » Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:09 am

Are you being sarcastic?
c_floyd II

Postby taylorm » Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:13 am

...no?

I get wanting to be a normal teen/twenty something and experience college and shit, but you can always do that later. Why wouldn't you ride the Walking Dead cash cow while you still can?
taylorm
¡yo quiero del taco!

Postby judge smails » Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:29 pm

I mean, I get it. College rules. But I’d stay and make that Walking Dead money. How fun is it going to be for him when every obnoxious drunk dude at a party constantly shouts “COOOOORRRRRRAAALLLL” at him?
judge smails

Postby mikeTV » Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:13 pm

how can you experience being a teen and early twenties later in life?
mikeTV

Postby c_floyd II » Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:17 pm

mikeTV wrote:how can you experience being a teen and early twenties later in life?

Exactly. I'd go to college and maybe do some filming on the side.
c_floyd II

Postby taylorm » Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:18 pm

mikeTV wrote:how can you experience being a teen and early twenties later in life?

That's not what I said. I meant he can experience college later. College will always be there, the show and the piles of cash won't.
taylorm
¡yo quiero del taco!

Postby lala fuck you » Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:06 pm

Tons of actors have gone to college and then back to acting.
lala fuck you

Postby c_floyd II » Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:15 pm

shithead wrote:

That's not what I said. I meant he can experience college later. College will always be there, the show and the piles of cash won't.

You know what I love about college chicks? I keep getting older and they stay the same age.
c_floyd II

Postby taylorm » Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:25 pm

lala fuck you wrote:Tons of actors have gone to college and then back to acting.

Let’s be honest, I doubt this kid is gonna be winning Oscars anytime soon.
taylorm
¡yo quiero del taco!

Postby judge smails » Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:56 pm

lala fuck you wrote:Tons of actors have gone to college and then back to acting.

Yeah, but TWD is one of the biggest shows on tv right now.
judge smails

Postby Catamaran » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:58 pm

So what exactly was the point of spoiler tagging the rumored character's death? I mean, the following comments make it pretty obvious. I'd be for it.
Catamaran

Postby TodayWeLive » Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:30 pm

funboi wrote:You know what I love about college chicks? I keep getting older and they stay the same age.

Alright, Matthew McConaughey! :smt005

Catamaran wrote:So what exactly was the point of spoiler tagging the rumored character's death? I mean, the following comments make it pretty obvious. I'd be for it.

Haha, it wasn't my fault that happened! :smt003

I try to go out of my way to avoid spoilers. The only time I dug up for spoilers was after the season ending cliffhanger Negan kill. You can't keep me in suspense for 6.5 months like that. Any other spoiler that I've come across, was just by accident.

Don't get me wrong, I don't really like the actor/character all that much, but it would really just throw a wrench in potential future storyline's.
TodayWeLive

Postby I gave you power » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:13 am

shithead wrote:

No, you can't just 'experience college later.' What, is he gonna go back as a 25-year-old freshman living in the dorms? That's not how that works. Dude is worth over $2M, is gonna eventually get fat residuals when TWD goes into syndication, and will likely have no issue finding additional work when he wants it.
I gave you power

Postby taylorm » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:56 am

Oh weird, IGYP is arguing.
taylorm
¡yo quiero del taco!

Postby judge smails » Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:46 pm

He probably should leave for college, honestly. The show jumped the shark years ago.
judge smails

Postby PaulKersey » Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:16 pm

The show is already in syndication. It's been on channel 9 here (the former UPN, drawing a blank on its current name) for awhile now.
PaulKersey

Postby Bob Loblaw » Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:23 pm

I think

...I’m here to take your confession :smt120
Bob Loblaw

Postby c_floyd II » Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:25 pm

I thought this episode was better than the last and of course next weeks preview looks promising
c_floyd II

Postby TodayWeLive » Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:43 am

funboi wrote:I thought this episode was better than the last and of course next weeks preview looks promising

I only got to see about 35-40 minutes of last week's episode, thanks to my work schedule and AMC only re-airing it twice after last Sunday night, and the time I caught it was at like 4:00 AM. I only saw from when Ezekiel gets taken hostage by 80's nerd man (he reminded me of Jim Carrey in the Batman movie, when he was out of his Riddler character) and then Jerry literally slices him in half. Haven't seen tonight's episode, either. Guess I should be staying out of this thread, huh? :smt005

I've been fine with this season, it's much improved from last season. That's really when they jumped the shark IMO. I like every season of Fear better than season 7 of the original series. Bringing back Morales for 5 minutes was pretty lame, though.
TodayWeLive

Postby taylorm » Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:00 pm

http://deadline.com/2017/11/the-walking ... 202214715/

So, Morgan is moving to Fear The Walking Dead and Dharma from Dharma and Greg is joining the cast as well.
taylorm
¡yo quiero del taco!

Postby taylorm » Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:02 pm

Last night's episode was whatever. Apparently there's a "shocking" event next week.
taylorm
¡yo quiero del taco!

Postby c_floyd II » Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:50 am

shithead wrote:Last night's episode was whatever. Apparently there's a "shocking" event next week.

I fucking hate the way the junkyard woman talks in broken English. Next week's episode is an hour and a half which means an hour of commercials and half hour of show.
c_floyd II

Postby TodayWeLive » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:25 am

funboi wrote:
shithead wrote:Last night's episode was whatever. Apparently there's a "shocking" event next week.

I fucking hate the way the junkyard woman talks in broken English. Next week's episode is an hour and a half which means an hour of commercials and half hour of show.

AMC= Always More Commercials.

I think I know what this shocking ending is. I haven’t watched since the fourth episode. I’m usually either working on Sunday nights or enjoying my day off, and there are barely any replays that aren’t on in the early AM hours on Monday morning or right before the new episode on Sunday.

I’ll be off this Sunday and hoping to catch up on episodes 5,6, and 7, the first 25 minutes of episode 4 that I missed and the finale when it premieres.
TodayWeLive

Postby taylorm » Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:17 am

I heard that
BAYBAYYYYYY Judith gets killed in next weeks episode, and the young girl you see in the Rick grey beard flash forward is an older version of the BAYBAYYYYYY he found in the Saviors outpost. But with how negatively the deaths of Abraham/Glenn were received, I can't imagine the writers would be in any rush to toss "LET'S KILL A BAYBAYYYYYY NOW" into the mix.
taylorm
¡yo quiero del taco!

Postby oliviatremorcontrol » Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:26 am

I gave you power wrote:
shithead wrote:

No, you can't just 'experience college later.' What, is he gonna go back as a 25-year-old freshman living in the dorms? That's not how that works. Dude is worth over $2M, is gonna eventually get fat residuals when TWD goes into syndication, and will likely have no issue finding additional work when he wants it.

I wouldn't blame him for leaving to experience college with his peers, but let's be real. Being a regular on a show like The Walking Dead is an opportunity that every actor dreams of. He'll likely never find steady, lucrative work in show business after this.
oliviatremorcontrol

Postby taylorm » Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:32 am

oliviatremorcontrol wrote:
I gave you power wrote:
shithead wrote:

I wouldn't blame him for leaving to experience college with his peers, but let's be real. Being a regular on a show like The Walking Dead is an opportunity that every actor dreams of. He'll likely never find steady, lucrative work in show business after this.

IGYP just likes to argue, don't take it seriously.
taylorm
¡yo quiero del taco!

Postby c_floyd II » Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:11 pm

He's made enough money
c_floyd II

Postby taylorm » Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:23 pm

funboi wrote:He's made enough money

Yeah no
taylorm
¡yo quiero del taco!

Postby c_floyd II » Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:29 pm

Yeah I guess he's only worth 2 mil
c_floyd II

Postby oliviatremorcontrol » Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:32 pm

If he's anything like the younger brother from Pete and Pete then that 2 million will go up his nose in a matter of months
oliviatremorcontrol

Postby Heathenist » Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:53 pm

funboi wrote:

The way she talks always reminds me of this scene:

Heathenist

Postby TodayWeLive » Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:55 am

oliviatremorcontrol wrote:If he's anything like the younger brother from Pete and Pete then that 2 million will go up his nose in a matter of months

It's amazing how many child actors career's went nowhere as adults or after they left their signature TV series/film franchise. Sometimes they grow up to be a veterinarian or something, like Charlie from the original Willy Wonka.
TodayWeLive

Postby c_floyd II » Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:34 pm

Lots of emphasis on the BAYBAYYYYYY so far, RIP
c_floyd II

Postby c_floyd II » Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:35 pm

ooooo carl fuckin up
c_floyd II

Postby c_floyd II » Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:27 pm

CARRRRRRRRRL
c_floyd II

PreviousNext