Film photographers!

General discussion, shows, and everything else.

Postby lonelybidoof » Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:50 am

Schlops, first and last shot are stellar.
lonelybidoof

Postby SweetestLou » Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:07 pm

Film Photo Swap has officially ended!!!! Thanks to the people who wanted to be involved. When you get your stuff post what you got and who from. Look forward to seeing everything. Also if I made a mistake with anything let me know. :smt041 :smt003 :smt045
SweetestLou

Postby WaxedCurbs » Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:14 am

I can't remember if it's been mentioned but is there a loose deadline for when we should have stuff shipped out by? Would ideally like to get my negative scanned at a higher res before I make a print and that may take me a couple days to get back!
WaxedCurbs

Postby LeftHandLaugh » Fri Nov 24, 2017 3:41 pm

Decided to finally buy a scanner. The price was getting too crazy for me.
LeftHandLaugh

Postby Classic » Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:29 pm

LeftHandLaugh wrote:Decided to finally buy a scanner. The price was getting too crazy for me.

Prepare to never be satisfied with your work again.

Jk scanning is fine but scanning color is so hard
Classic

Postby LeftHandLaugh » Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:53 am

Classic wrote:
LeftHandLaugh wrote:Decided to finally buy a scanner. The price was getting too crazy for me.

Prepare to never be satisfied with your work again.

Jk scanning is fine but scanning color is so hard

So I've heard, I believe I am going to go full B&W though. Trying to buy a box of HP5 and see how long that takes me to use.
LeftHandLaugh

Postby Classic » Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:54 am

Honestly I’m pretty much thinking I’m gonna do the same thing. Asking for a bunch of B&W dev stuff for Christmas, and just gonna try to get really good at scanning that.
Classic

Postby LeftHandLaugh » Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:17 pm

Scanner is here and I should have negatives to scan on Tuesday.
LeftHandLaugh

Postby SweetestLou » Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:48 am

WaxedCurbs wrote:I can't remember if it's been mentioned but is there a loose deadline for when we should have stuff shipped out by? Would ideally like to get my negative scanned at a higher res before I make a print and that may take me a couple days to get back!

I don't think I mentioned that. Lets just say within the next month so it'll be before christmas.
SweetestLou

Postby xCARL SAGANx » Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:19 am

Here's a couple I got back recently. All taken on Pentax MX with Fujifilm Superia 200:

Copenhagen

BBC Maida Vale with Employed To Serve

Wales

Rope

Brighton
xCARL SAGANx

Postby LeftHandLaugh » Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:55 am

The last scans that I picked up from my shop...I don't understand the line but I'll rescan them when I get the time.

LeftHandLaugh

Postby SweetestLou » Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:51 pm

Really like both those last posts.
SweetestLou

Postby WaxedCurbs » Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:20 pm

Some of you may have seen on Instagram already that I'm parting ways with my RZ67. Was trying to keep it local but posting in here as well just in case anyone was interested. If you are, just send me a PM on here or instagram: @ivegottiredeyes

RZ67 + 150mm f3.5 + 120 back and PD Prism finder
Body caps for the camera, lens and back included
WaxedCurbs

Postby WaxedCurbs » Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:11 am

Olympus Infinity Stylus - Kodak Portra 400
WaxedCurbs

Postby Kenny Fury » Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:00 am

Subbing to this thread. Just fixed an old Nikkormat El that I've been shooting with. Will probably be too embarrassed to post anything but I like your guys' pictures.
Kenny Fury

Postby LeftHandLaugh » Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:45 pm

Hi Kenny, been awhile friend.

And I just hooked up the V600, the color scans don't look too shabby. I will post as soon as they are done.
LeftHandLaugh

Postby LeftHandLaugh » Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:09 am

Fuji Superia 400 / Canon AF35ML / V600 Scan

LeftHandLaugh

Postby lonelybidoof » Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:36 pm

some recent stuff, some not

lonelybidoof

Postby The Lowest One » Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:14 am

Anyone here use a Nikon F5 that wants to give an idiot a walkthrough?
The Lowest One

Postby SweetestLou » Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:08 am

The Lowest One wrote:Anyone here use a Nikon F5 that wants to give an idiot a walkthrough?

I own one. Not sure if I can really help you. I've only ran a few rolls through it.
SweetestLou

Postby Kenny Fury » Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:32 pm

LeftHandLaugh wrote:Hi Kenny, been awhile friend.

And I just hooked up the V600, the color scans don't look too shabby. I will post as soon as they are done.

Who dis IRL??
Kenny Fury

Postby Kenny Fury » Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:34 pm

I've been shooting on my Nikkormat for a project for my gym. I've been taking back up shots with a t3i as insurance incase it is leaking light or messed up somehow, but it seems pretty fixed. Im going to use thedarkroom.com to develop it and everything, but if they turn out well, I'll be shooting a lot more. Should I invest in a scanner? I don't even know where in Maryland I can go to get film developed even. Mailing it away seems more convenient than driving into DC for a roll of film, if there is any place there even.
Kenny Fury

Postby The Lowest One » Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:39 pm

SweetestLou wrote:
The Lowest One wrote:Anyone here use a Nikon F5 that wants to give an idiot a walkthrough?

I own one. Not sure if I can really help you. I've only ran a few rolls through it.

I'm basically dumb as fuck with this camera. I can't tell if I advance the film after a shot, or if it does naturally. I'm just having trouble with dials, etc.
The Lowest One

Postby Kenny Fury » Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:19 pm

I know the Epson v350 looks old, but would it be worth investing $25 on CraigsList on?
Kenny Fury

Postby WaxedCurbs » Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:58 pm

The Lowest One wrote:
SweetestLou wrote:

I'm basically dumb as fuck with this camera. I can't tell if I advance the film after a shot, or if it does naturally. I'm just having trouble with dials, etc.

Should automatically advance to the next frame with that camera
https://www.nikonsupport.eu/europe/Manuals/SDMYVNQN/F5_En_014.pdf
WaxedCurbs

Postby The Lowest One » Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:43 pm

WaxedCurbs wrote:
The Lowest One wrote:
SweetestLou wrote:

It's so fucking quiet, lol. I am just used to using an AE-1 for the past three years, so a slr of this mold is pretty different for me. I think I figured out the lens is manual focus, which explains why the AF isn't working. I am having trouble getting some settings to change like my exposure mode and still haven't located the frame count. I found a guide online, but it's not the actual manual and doesn't totally explain things. Thanks for sharing the above manual!

Like I said, I am generally very slow with figuring out any sort of gadget, even with instructions sometimes. I tend to work best when I am shown something and then it totally sticks. And this is also Nikon when I've always shot Canon, so there are some differences there, too.
The Lowest One

Postby WaxedCurbs » Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:53 pm

The Lowest One wrote:
WaxedCurbs wrote:
The Lowest One wrote:
SweetestLou wrote:

It's so fucking quiet, lol. I am just used to using an AE-1 for the past three years, so a slr of this mold is pretty different for me. I think I figured out the lens is manual focus, which explains why the AF isn't working. I am having trouble getting some settings to change like my exposure mode and still haven't located the frame count. I found a guide online, but it's not the actual manual and doesn't totally explain things. Thanks for sharing the above manual!

Like I said, I am generally very slow with figuring out any sort of gadget, even with instructions sometimes. I tend to work best when I am shown something and then it totally sticks. And this is also Nikon when I've always shot Canon, so there are some differences there, too.

Oh no worries man! I've never used any of the auto SLR cameras before either, so I can imagine there's a bit of a learning curve. The F series cameras are great though from what I've heard and experienced (I've got an F3HP) so I'm sure it'll just take some getting used to!
WaxedCurbs

Postby The Lowest One » Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:14 pm

Yeah dude! It's totally foreign, haha. But I am looking forward to getting more time with it. I can't readily transfer out of digital for weddings and couples, nor do I think I'd want to with the volume (and lack of safety nets), I do really want to transition into solely film for all of my personal work and a lot of freelance stuff.
The Lowest One

Postby SweetestLou » Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:38 pm

The Lowest One wrote:
WaxedCurbs wrote:
The Lowest One wrote:
SweetestLou wrote:

The frame count is on the LCD screen on the top of the camera. It'll be in the bottom righty hand corner of the screen. Make sure you have it set to single exposure on the dial on the left side of the camera. When I first got mine it was set to continuous and racked off like 4 photos in 1 second accidentally. Haha.
SweetestLou

Postby The Lowest One » Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:36 pm

Thanks dude! I guess the roll I had in there got messed up, so it wasn't giving me a frame count. Popped a new roll in and we are all good. The only thing I'm really having trouble with now is the light meter. I'm not sure if that's due to my viewfinder not having that feature or it not properly working. From what I've read, it should appear on the top left side of the viewfinder, but for me there's nothing there at all.
The Lowest One

Postby CVPTVIN PLVNXT » Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:49 am

lonelybidoof wrote:some recent stuff, some not

Wow
CVPTVIN PLVNXT

Postby salo » Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:13 pm

Shot a few rolls with the X-pan for the first time in a long time.
salo

Postby SweetestLou » Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:14 am

The Lowest One wrote:Thanks dude! I guess the roll I had in there got messed up, so it wasn't giving me a frame count. Popped a new roll in and we are all good. The only thing I'm really having trouble with now is the light meter. I'm not sure if that's due to my viewfinder not having that feature or it not properly working. From what I've read, it should appear on the top left side of the viewfinder, but for me there's nothing there at all.

I'm a little confused. What's the question? How to tell your shutter speed and f stop number?
SweetestLou

Postby The Lowest One » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:47 am

Got some scans today. Tri-X 400 & Portra 400.

The Lowest One

Postby The Lowest One » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:49 am

SweetestLou wrote:
The Lowest One wrote:Thanks dude! I guess the roll I had in there got messed up, so it wasn't giving me a frame count. Popped a new roll in and we are all good. The only thing I'm really having trouble with now is the light meter. I'm not sure if that's due to my viewfinder not having that feature or it not properly working. From what I've read, it should appear on the top left side of the viewfinder, but for me there's nothing there at all.

I'm a little confused. What's the question? How to tell your shutter speed and f stop number?

Sorry, dude, I was realizing multiple things at once and shit got a bit jumbled. That said, the original roll of film was messed up, so there was no frame count appearing on the LCD of the camera. After putting in a new roll, the issue is resolved and I have a frame count, so all is well there.

The other issue is the light meter within the viewfinder is apparently busted as it doesn't appear where it should. I know that it's supposed to be on the lefthand side near the shown f stop (when looking through the viewfinder), but it's just not there with my camera. I am guessing the viewfinder is busted in some way (everything else works, just not the light meter), so I need to look into a new viewfinder, I am guessing.
The Lowest One

Postby The Lowest One » Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:03 pm

Update: The light meter actually works, so it appears to be an issue with the mirrors in the viewfinder that make it visible when taking photos. But, yeah, if I pop the viewfinder off, I can see that it's working just fine.
The Lowest One

Postby The Lowest One » Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:02 pm

The Lowest One

Postby LeftHandLaugh » Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:42 pm

Cutting B&W negatives SUCKS.
LeftHandLaugh

Postby The Lowest One » Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:48 am

Anyone have or use a Plustek OpticFilm 8200i Ai scanner? Thoughts?
The Lowest One

Postby WaxedCurbs » Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:51 am

Got my prints yesterday, thanks Salo!
WaxedCurbs

Postby Kenny Fury » Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:24 am

I just realized the counter for my exposures is reading way higher than the amount of pictures I've taken. I hope whatever I screwed up, probably loading the film, didn't ruin/not take my pictures, there are a couple I want to see. I've taken like 10 and its at like 28. I feel like I can "feel" the film advancing though.
Kenny Fury

Previous