Updates on the board

General discussion, shows, and everything else.

Postby matteo » Thu May 20, 2010 4:18 am

Facebook Connect is on the work, so the shows page available for everybody to post their shows. It will be ready in next weeks.

If you have problems accessing the board with Firefox, that's a Firefox bug, use a different browser. I suggest Google's.

If instead you have a problem not related to this, email me. PM's aren't checked regularly.

Peace
matteo
Ginormous Brazilian Italian Stallion
 
Posts: 628
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2008 2:04 pm
Location: Eire

Postby ollyisk » Thu May 20, 2010 10:04 am

- No follow this thread in sidekick mode.
- No smilies in sidekick mode.
- Images in SK mode are still resizing based on the post-body frame width of regular mode.

Everything else works perfectly, thanks for all the hard work!
User avatar
ollyisk
LOVES NOT HAVING A TITLE
 
Posts: 19305
Joined: Mon Dec 20, 2004 10:15 am
Location: germany

Postby Giant Mechanical Brain » Thu May 20, 2010 8:22 pm

Sometimes when I click on a thread only part of it shows up. This is in the mobile version.
User avatar
Giant Mechanical Brain
 
Posts: 28430
Joined: Wed Nov 29, 2006 1:26 pm
Location: Gilroy, CA

Postby Breaking The Ice » Fri May 21, 2010 1:30 am

Matteo, what is your email address? I have an issue separate from this, that I hope you (or any other mod) can help me with.

Site looks great on my end though.
Breaking The Ice
 
Posts: 358
Joined: Fri May 21, 2010 12:32 am
Location: Northern, California

Postby grandemike88 » Fri May 21, 2010 8:26 am

sometimes when i click on a thread and there are no nudes inside. sounds like a quick fix to me.
User avatar
grandemike88
NOFX, pizza, and boobies superfan
 
Posts: 14230
Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2007 12:28 pm

Postby Toothbrush » Fri May 21, 2010 9:35 pm

Giant Mechanical Brain wrote:Sometimes when I click on a thread only part of it shows up. This is in the mobile version.


Freakin hate this!
User avatar
Toothbrush
 
Posts: 3544
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2003 6:21 pm
Location: Tucson, AZ

Postby davidflores » Sat May 22, 2010 2:44 pm

That kid I don't like is still posting.
davidflores
one more obnoxious post away from being banned forever
 
Posts: 25311
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2007 11:29 am
Location: tjxhc

Postby NickV » Sun May 23, 2010 9:04 am

Toothbrush wrote:
Giant Mechanical Brain wrote:Sometimes when I click on a thread only part of it shows up. This is in the mobile version.


Freakin hate this!


this is because of youtube videos being posted, you phone cant show them in the thread so it doesnt load past there
NickV
 
Posts: 665
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:41 pm
Location: Indianapolis

Postby Toothbrush » Sun May 23, 2010 3:27 pm

It happens when the pages get long. For some reason it won't load the last few posts. It also does it on the front page. It will only load the stickys and the first few topics.

If someone posts a vid I can still see the post there's just nothing there.
User avatar
Toothbrush
 
Posts: 3544
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2003 6:21 pm
Location: Tucson, AZ

Postby JERKSTORE » Thu May 27, 2010 5:08 pm

matteo wrote:If you have problems accessing the board with Firefox, that's a Firefox bug, use a different browser. I suggest Google's.


I have a very comfortable setup with Firefox that works for every other web page and message board I visit. Why do you insist it is a Firefox problem and not a problem on the end of theb9.com?

I actually haven't been having any major problems lately but just a few seconds ago I started having trouble accessing sidekick.theb9.com/board. I get a 404 Not Found error. It's working now. I get the same error using the mobile site on my phone when I try to click on the last page of threads in "my posts"
User avatar
JERKSTORE
Remember who's strong
 
Posts: 26334
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2007 1:57 am
Location: SOMERVILLE

Postby matteo » Thu May 27, 2010 5:17 pm

Because the board gives this error JUST with Firefox, there's no possible error on the server as I had the tech guy checking it for me repeatedly and there's no error on the client or the site wouldn't be accessible by other browsers as well.

I did some search and found out more users are experiencing the problem just in general with other sites and this is a confirmed bug of Firefox which probably will be corrected with the newer version.

The 404 error on the sidekick is because I was working to add the "Following" option and took off the resizer on the images. Now it's fixed.
matteo
Ginormous Brazilian Italian Stallion
 
Posts: 628
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2008 2:04 pm
Location: Eire

Postby matteo » Thu May 27, 2010 5:18 pm

Breaking The Ice wrote:Matteo, what is your email address? I have an issue separate from this, that I hope you (or any other mod) can help me with.

Site looks great on my end though.


It is my name (at) bridge9.com
matteo
Ginormous Brazilian Italian Stallion
 
Posts: 628
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2008 2:04 pm
Location: Eire

Postby JERKSTORE » Thu May 27, 2010 5:21 pm

matteo wrote:Because the board gives this error JUST with Firefox, there's no possible error on the server as I had the tech guy checking it for me repeatedly and there's no error on the client or the site wouldn't be accessible by other browsers as well.

I did some search and found out more users are experiencing the problem just in general with other sites and this is a confirmed bug of Firefox which probably will be corrected with the newer version.

The 404 error on the sidekick is because I was working to add the "Following" option and took off the resizer on the images. Now it's fixed.

Damn, well, thanks for doing what you can. The board is generally working very nicely especially compared to a few months ago.
User avatar
JERKSTORE
Remember who's strong
 
Posts: 26334
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2007 1:57 am
Location: SOMERVILLE

Postby Panda One » Thu May 27, 2010 8:02 pm

Matteo, you little chancer.
Panda One
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Mar 23, 2008 3:59 pm

Postby Giant Mechanical Brain » Sun May 30, 2010 2:44 am

Toothbrush wrote:It happens when the pages get long. For some reason it won't load the last few posts. It also does it on the front page. It will only load the stickys and the first few topics.

If someone posts a vid I can still see the post there's just nothing there.



Yep, getting all the same shit as you.
User avatar
Giant Mechanical Brain
 
Posts: 28430
Joined: Wed Nov 29, 2006 1:26 pm
Location: Gilroy, CA

Postby xtimx » Sun May 30, 2010 9:40 pm

ollyisk wrote:- No follow this thread in sidekick mode.
- No smilies in sidekick mode.
- Images in SK mode are still resizing based on the post-body frame width of regular mode.


BITCHES LOVE SMILIES
User avatar
xtimx
bug chaser extraordinaire
 
Posts: 43948
Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2004 4:02 pm
Location: Vinnland

Postby matteo » Mon May 31, 2010 10:01 am

Smilies are installed now.
matteo
Ginormous Brazilian Italian Stallion
 
Posts: 628
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2008 2:04 pm
Location: Eire

Postby JERKSTORE » Mon May 31, 2010 11:48 am

Nice, now I can stop saying "LOL"
User avatar
JERKSTORE
Remember who's strong
 
Posts: 26334
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2007 1:57 am
Location: SOMERVILLE

Postby Boner In Sweatpants » Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:53 am

508wolfpack wrote:Nice, now I can stop saying "LOL"

:smt005 (posting on sidekick mode)
User avatar
Boner In Sweatpants
Eisley Superfan
 
Posts: 38465
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2006 1:26 pm
Location: Concord, CA

Postby matteo » Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:59 am

Giant Mechanical Brain wrote:
Toothbrush wrote:It happens when the pages get long. For some reason it won't load the last few posts. It also does it on the front page. It will only load the stickys and the first few topics.

If someone posts a vid I can still see the post there's just nothing there.



Yep, getting all the same shit as you.


Can I have the link of a post with this error?
matteo
Ginormous Brazilian Italian Stallion
 
Posts: 628
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2008 2:04 pm
Location: Eire

Postby halloweenie_ » Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:27 am

valdezeus wrote:
Toothbrush wrote:
Giant Mechanical Brain wrote:Sometimes when I click on a thread only part of it shows up. This is in the mobile version.


Freakin hate this!


this is because of youtube videos being posted, you phone cant show them in the thread so it doesnt load past there

That is the problem I am having as well.
halloweenie_
 
Posts: 2160
Joined: Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:49 pm
Location: Margaritaville

Postby matteo » Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:39 am

So you want me to disable Youtube videos for the mobile version?
matteo
Ginormous Brazilian Italian Stallion
 
Posts: 628
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2008 2:04 pm
Location: Eire

Postby ollyisk » Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:32 am

Don't disable youtube!

Everything is working great now, follow this thread, the smilies, and images are loading to the full frame.

Thanks for all your hard work!
User avatar
ollyisk
LOVES NOT HAVING A TITLE
 
Posts: 19305
Joined: Mon Dec 20, 2004 10:15 am
Location: germany

Postby Killedbyschool 2.0 » Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:33 pm

LURKING LIST IS BACK! SO PUMPED!
Killedbyschool 2.0
 
Posts: 6257
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:02 pm
Location: Davis, CA

Postby niggamortis » Fri Jun 04, 2010 5:19 pm

Killedbyschool 2.0 wrote:LURKING LIST IS BACK! SO PUMPED!
niggamortis
666-420-6969
 
Posts: 12214
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:02 pm
Location: da graveyard

Postby matteo » Fri Jun 04, 2010 5:20 pm

I actually had to take it off temporarily as it was slowing down the server, now it's back to work on the background.

If you notice slowness of the board please write on this thread.
matteo
Ginormous Brazilian Italian Stallion
 
Posts: 628
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2008 2:04 pm
Location: Eire

Postby Stiles » Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:11 am

matteo wrote:So you want me to disable Youtube videos for the mobile version?


Please disable the youtube code alltogether. Too many people are abusing it and spamming threads left and right.
Stiles
 
Posts: 811
Joined: Tue Jan 02, 2007 6:14 pm

Postby nine years later » Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:52 pm

what's up with the board messing up links? it adds in "b9link.com/duhf38434r3" or some shit like that and causes them to not work.
nine years later
 
Posts: 28086
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2003 8:31 pm
Location: chicago

Postby Fight The Future » Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:35 pm

Board is still slow for me, takes 15-30 seconds to open a thread after I click it
Fight The Future
 
Posts: 8807
Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2008 9:43 pm
Location: Rhode Island

Postby JERKSTORE » Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:52 pm

Stiles wrote:
matteo wrote:So you want me to disable Youtube videos for the mobile version?


Please disable the youtube code alltogether. Too many people are abusing it and spamming threads left and right.


Disabling the youtube code for the mobile site makes sense. But it's a great asset to the normal board.
nine years later wrote:what's up with the board messing up links? it adds in "b9link.com/duhf38434r3" or some shit like that and causes them to not work.


Yeah, like my www link for example, you click on it and it just takes you to theb9.com/board
User avatar
JERKSTORE
Remember who's strong
 
Posts: 26334
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2007 1:57 am
Location: SOMERVILLE

Postby DAVE BLAND » Fri Jun 11, 2010 3:46 pm

Pretty sure that in order for the "b9link.com/245254615" to not show up... you need to add "http://" before the www
DAVE BLAND
 
Posts: 840
Joined: Mon May 17, 2010 11:41 pm
Location: Lewistown, Pennsylvania

Postby GiventotheRising » Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:18 pm

for some reason everyone's signature are showing up again and i can't find the option to turn it off
GiventotheRising
 
Posts: 3096
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2008 6:25 pm
Location: va

Postby ryanfl » Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:12 pm

Board is also slow for me.
ryanfl
 
Posts: 2507
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2007 11:40 pm
Location: South Fla

Postby xbradicalx » Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:05 am

ryanfl wrote:Board is also slow for me.


yeah, since like saturday or sunday, and still today.
User avatar
xbradicalx
Long Dong Hogarth
 
Posts: 32406
Joined: Fri Feb 21, 2003 3:02 am
Location: Pretzel City

Postby crunchyleaves » Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:03 pm

I'm experiencing a little slowness. Nothing major, though.
crunchyleaves
 
Posts: 9919
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2008 1:24 pm
Location: Dallas

Postby Alcatraz » Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:40 pm

GiventotheRising wrote:for some reason everyone's signature are showing up again and i can't find the option to turn it off

right under the logout button?
Alcatraz
 
Posts: 188
Joined: Sun Apr 05, 2009 1:43 pm

Postby BryanTXHC » Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:47 pm

I still can't pm someone when using the mobile b9.

And please disable youtube vids for mobile so I can read the whole thread.
User avatar
BryanTXHC
Wishes He Had Yu Darvish's Hair
 
Posts: 10158
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2007 6:23 pm
Location: DEE EFF DUB

Postby goonzandgoblins » Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:00 pm

Every time I try to post replies on mobile, it just creates a new thread.

So all I can do on mobile is post threads, but not reply to anything in them. :smt017
goonzandgoblins
ey jerk boi, start jerkin jerk lil jerk boi
 
Posts: 3633
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 5:36 pm
Location: northern :smt113 california

Postby niggamortis » Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:07 pm

is the post editing imprint new or has it just taken me a long time to notice it?
niggamortis
666-420-6969
 
Posts: 12214
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:02 pm
Location: da graveyard

Postby JERKSTORE » Wed Jun 23, 2010 3:43 pm

Been very very slow.
User avatar
JERKSTORE
Remember who's strong
 
Posts: 26334
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2007 1:57 am
Location: SOMERVILLE

Postby sailorscent » Fri Jun 25, 2010 6:31 am

aside from being slow.... I keep getting "you have to wait 5 seconds to post again!"

definitely waiting longer than 5 seconds but nothing... i have to reload the board

--using Safari
sailorscent
 
Posts: 5173
Joined: Sun Mar 05, 2006 8:39 am
Location: DC bound

Postby niggamortis » Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:18 pm

508wolfpack wrote:Been very very slow.


same here. just recently for me. in the last day or so.
niggamortis
666-420-6969
 
Posts: 12214
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:02 pm
Location: da graveyard

Postby DOE OR DIE » Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:37 pm

Thread links take forever to open. Might be my internet but it's only with B9 though.
DOE OR DIE
 
Posts: 189
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:06 pm
Location: USA USA USA

Postby JERKSTORE » Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:39 pm

DOE OR DIE wrote:Thread links take forever to open. Might be my internet but it's only with B9 though.
User avatar
JERKSTORE
Remember who's strong
 
Posts: 26334
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2007 1:57 am
Location: SOMERVILLE

Postby D-Fens » Sat Jul 03, 2010 8:24 am

I can't find the "ignore user" button, where is it?
D-Fens
 
Posts: 6942
Joined: Mon May 22, 2006 10:56 am
Location: Streets of London

Postby grandemike88 » Sun Jul 04, 2010 3:34 am

sidekick.theb9.com isnt working for me
User avatar
grandemike88
NOFX, pizza, and boobies superfan
 
Posts: 14230
Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2007 12:28 pm

Postby Gnome Macdonald. » Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:25 am

I got banned for who knows what. :smt006
Gnome Macdonald.
 
Posts: 3852
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:12 am
Location: LaLa Land

Postby carlo » Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:20 pm

when i go on this with my iphone, sometimes the layout doesn't show up and it's all white, which means i can't read text and I HATE IT :smt013
carlo
 
Posts: 2963
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:35 pm
Location: MA

Postby The Precision Agency » Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:37 pm

The Precision Agency
 
Posts: 110
Joined: Fri May 28, 2010 9:46 am
Location: Boston

Postby cranky steve » Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:14 am

508WOLFPACK2 wrote:I got banned for who knows what. :smt006


A: Being a bitch.


Nah I'm just playin'.
cranky steve
 
Posts: 11469
Joined: Fri May 29, 2009 4:53 am
Location: Gus'

Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: _shiv_, aaronxxx, Aesthetic, anthropology, Bing [Bot], Bob Loblaw, Boner In Sweatpants, BonersAreAllWeKnow, bufo alvarius, captainsunshine, chillerthanmost, Clint from Canada, Costa819, CREATExCONTROL, Daytona 500, dazprospect, Dodson, Dominar Rygel XVI, Eyes of Madness, Fantastic, Vol. 2, French Fries, frustrated incorporated, Google [Bot], higherlearningx, JL., jnhickey, jockario, kneedeepinthedead, leperXmessiah, locust, Lost_Shephard, Matt V, Mike.S, mikepartyprogram, mindlis, moonman, PerditionParty, ratscheesepizza, rolland sutton, stevexzee, TheFrictionAndSkin, theheathers, throw me away, Traumaf2, Triple Cheeseburger, WaxedCurbs, Wayne Woodrow Hayes, xjollyxrogerx, xXxBretWeedxXx, Yahoo [Bot], yojosh and 82 guests