Creepy Experience Thread

General discussion, shows, and everything else.

Postby CJxxx » Fri Apr 08, 2016 1:01 am

No Sleep is amazing, love the site and yes, if you're going on NoSleep and not suspending your disbelief and then scoffing at the shit..you're a big ole' buffon.

http://theholders.org/?Special:Series_List
CJxxx

Postby Matt_D » Fri Apr 08, 2016 3:28 am

kreaturemilk wrote:
Andrewxvx wrote:Alright. I don't believe in spirits or ghosts, but this story freaked me out.

I was dating a girl this summer. Her family lives in this nice little suburb, but apparently one of the parents lost their cellphone. When you lose a cellphone you just go buy a new one. Nothing was any different, but one day my ex comes home from school and the cellphone is duct taped to the bedroom door of her brother.

They look through the pictures on the phone and find this picture.
In the foreground there's some creepy looking intruder. In the background is her little brother.

[resize]http://i39.tinypic.com/24xgjnn.jpg,580[/resize]

what the FUCK. Fuck this so bad

Am I the only one who can't see the photo?
Matt_D

Postby Matt_D » Fri Apr 08, 2016 3:31 am

Giant Mechanical Brain wrote:
Alex Practice wrote:http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-series#001

Boom

What is this? Am I doing it wrong I don't know
Matt_D

Postby Alex Practice » Fri Apr 08, 2016 3:42 am

Matt_D wrote:
kreaturemilk wrote:
Andrewxvx wrote:Alright. I don't believe in spirits or ghosts, but this story freaked me out.

I was dating a girl this summer. Her family lives in this nice little suburb, but apparently one of the parents lost their cellphone. When you lose a cellphone you just go buy a new one. Nothing was any different, but one day my ex comes home from school and the cellphone is duct taped to the bedroom door of her brother.

In the foreground there's some creepy looking intruder. In the background is her little brother.

http://i39.tinypic.com/24xgjnn.jpg,580

Alex Practice

Postby Alex Practice » Fri Apr 08, 2016 3:42 am

Matt_D wrote:

Boom

i'm not sure what the issue is
Alex Practice

Postby Matt_D » Fri Apr 08, 2016 8:27 am

Alex Practice wrote:
Matt_D wrote:

Boom

Were we supposed to click the first link on the list? It says [blocked] But then i'm' not even sure what this site is. I'm not THAT good at the internet.
Matt_D

Postby Matt_D » Fri Apr 08, 2016 8:28 am

Alex Practice wrote:
Matt_D wrote:
kreaturemilk wrote:

Welp. I got a chill.
Matt_D

Postby Alex Practice » Fri Apr 08, 2016 1:58 pm

Matt_D wrote:
Alex Practice wrote:
Matt_D wrote:

Boom

Were we supposed to click the first link on the list? It says [blocked] But then i'm' not even sure what this site is. I'm not THAT good at the internet.

idk what to tell you i have access to all the links. maybe your antivirus is getting a false positive or something
Alex Practice

Postby dr. strangelove » Fri Apr 08, 2016 3:15 pm

Matt_D wrote:
Alex Practice wrote:
Matt_D wrote:
kreaturemilk wrote:

Welp. I got a chill.
Stuff like this is pretty common creepy pasta nowadays, but still love reading stories like that.
dr. strangelove

Postby lattice half full » Fri Apr 08, 2016 11:37 pm

I just revisited the b9scaries blog from 2009ish. Hissing greaser story is still terrifying. http://b9scaries.blogspot.com/2009/06/35.html

Spoiler: show
I used to be really close friends with this kid Andrew who lived around the block from me. He lived above his great grandparents in a two family house. His house was the basic hang out spot for all of our friends, his mother was never home so we used to drink or whatever in his attic (his room). He started dating my friend Beth and the three of us started to hang out nonstop, hanging out until like 5am every night with people, partying and having good times.

There was one night when it was just Andrew, Beth and I. We were hanging out in the attic watching movies and bullshitting etc. We got thirsty and Andrew said he'd go down to his grandparents house to get drinks (they always had awesome drinks). This was around 3am. He went down and was gone for a little bit longer than usual. Beth and I thought nothing of it and just hung out waiting for him, she eventually fell asleep. He came up a few minutes later as pale as white could be. He didn't say much and gave me a drink and sat down. I asked him what was wrong and told him he looked real pale and upset. He told me that he would explain in the morning and that he was going to sleep (he didn't want to wake up Beth or scare her).

The next day we drove to school and I asked him what the fuck went down the previous night. He began to explain...

He went downstairs to Pop's house to get the drinks, he walked in his door and it was pitch black save a real dim light in the kitchen (it was 3am, everyone was asleep). He walked into the kitchen. (the sodas were kept next to a kitchen table on the floor against a wall) As he was bending down he felt like something was behind him or saw a reflection of some sort on the porch doors (they had glass sliding doors in the kitchen leading to a back porch). He looked up and "THERE IT FUCKING WAS". He explained that leaning against the sink to the left of him was a figure. He described him as a tall, skinny, lanky man...All black clothes almost like a suit but everything was fuzzy and black. White as the color white was his skin and a head of greasy black hair and a face with a smirk and two gaping fucking black holes for eyes. The thing was standing against the sink with its arms folded and one leg crossed over the other....

He said that when he saw it he just walked real fast out of the kitchen, but as he was walking toward the door to the upstairs, standing next to the door was the same fucking thing in the same stance. So he tried his best to ignore it and walked out the door into the front hallway that led to the stairs to his part of the house. But standing in the hallway was the same thing again. At this point he ran up the steps to his room where I saw him looking pale as hell and asked what was wrong....

I was so bugged out by his story that I kept thinking about it all week and for the next month. We told some of our friends about it. About a month or so later we told our friend Alex about it. Now, Alex was a very skeptical person about everything ever. So immediately after we told him the story he called bullshit and said Andrew was a liar. So Andrew said come to my house tonight and go down there and see for yourself because I know I saw something. Alex agreed and we met up later on that night at Andrews house.

We were all in the attic hanging out until 3:30am or so. Alex decided he was ready to go see this "thing". Andrew walked him down then came right back up to the attic. We were sitting there waiting for a while, a good 10-15 minutes passed by when we starting hearing slow footsteps coming up the stairs. Andrew's attic door opened and there was Alex barely climbing up the stairs and looking like he was in shock. At that point I yelled to him "DID YOU FUCKING SEE IT?!" to which all he could do was nod his head yes.

We sat him down, gave him a beer, let him smoke a cigarette then asked him what the fuck happened. He said that he went down and sat at the kitchen table in the dim light surrounded by dark. He put his head in his hands and just started thinking about this ghost thing (mind you we didn't explain to Alex what this thing looked like at all at any time). He said he felt a weird feeling and finally looked up and around and saw it. (at this point he described the exact same fucking fuckin' ese that Andrew had described). So he said he shot up out of his seat in fright and stood there staring this thing down in shock. He said that the only thing he could think of to do right off the bat was say "hi..." to it.

As soon as he said hi, the thing opened its mouth to reveal nothing but black and let out the most chilling noise anyone has ever heard (Thats how Alex described it). Okay so he said it sounded like a cat hissing mixed with coughing up flem in your throat. like a "HHCCCKKKKKKKKKK".
He said as soon as he heard that he bolted out of the place still hearing the thing making that same noise all the way up the steps to Andrews part of the house
lattice half full

Postby Alex Practice » Sat Apr 09, 2016 12:16 am

fuck yeah. one of the best scaries in the history of this thread.

im rereading the blog now too, this one is fucking me UP

"Last summer i was staying in VA beach with friends just hanging out, enjoying my last summer before having to actually do something with my life. So pretty much all summer this group of like 5 or 6 of us would just go find random shit to do always trying to find creepy places and what not. So one night my friend Brad is like "my friend Ronald wants us to go up to williamsburg with him to check out this abandoned mental hospital."

So of course were all down to go check it out. We get there and this place is legit creepy. Looks like something out of a movie. So we hop this stonewall thing near the back and get in through breaking a back window on the first floor. Place is filled with all sorts of wierd shit. Left over beds with straps on them. Old like medical supplies and boxes upon boxes of medical reports. A friend and i start looking through these boxes and we find all these projector slides so we start holding them up and looking at them with our flashlights.

Were all creeped out by these things and all of a sudden the fuckin' ese Ronald is like "holy shit, that looks like my mom" so he pockets the slide and we think nothing of it. We get back to this dudes house and all ended up crashing over there. Next morning we wake up and Ronald tells his mom what we were up too last night and shows her this picture. As soon as she sees it she starts freaking out. Screaming uncontrolably and her nose starts pouring blood. By this point were all like WTF. Ronald called the ambulance and we got out of there.

The next day my friend Brad called me up saying that appearantly Ronald's grandmother had tried to kill his mom when she was young and got put into this asylum for the rest of her like claiming insanity. Appearantly when she was being taken away she started yelling out that she'd find a way back to her and would haunt her again. Ronald had always been told his grandmother died when he was young and never knew anything of it. Appearantly now the dudes Mom is kind of a nutcase and think's that she's coming back for her."
Alex Practice

Postby DregsOvPluto » Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:24 pm

^Fuck. That's pretty sad, if true.
DregsOvPluto
slam or die

Postby PiranhaSauna » Mon Apr 11, 2016 11:21 pm

Yeah, drag of a story if true.
PiranhaSauna
doesn't understand the Bill of Rights

Postby guttertech » Thu Apr 21, 2016 7:10 am

guttertech

Postby Stoner Witch » Thu May 05, 2016 10:15 pm

Bump cause I need more creep in my life.
Stoner Witch
THWUMP

Postby topo » Thu May 05, 2016 11:25 pm

Postby SnookiesPoof » Fri May 06, 2016 10:48 am

I was all like "hello, nurse!" and then I watched another video of hers and she was listening to shitty pop country and I was all like "goodnight, nurse."
SnookiesPoof

Postby captainsunshine » Wed May 25, 2016 9:02 am

yo that one reddit thread about weird shit happening in secluded areas has been entertaining the fuck outta me this week. this one was fun to read:
Not my story, but one that I've heard second-hand from multiple people. The details might be a bit off but the story is 100% real and if anyone on Reddit happened to go on the 2011 Denison University Outdoor Orientation trip, perhaps they can clarify a bit.
In 2012 I did a freshman outdoor orientation trip for my University. It was essentially a hiking trip/ice breaker with a few other incoming students and upperclassmen/teachers as leaders. We did our trip in Ohio but for years they had done their outdoor orientation in West Virginia, so naturally we asked what had caused the change.
Apparently, the year before us they had been dropped off by the bus and the group had hiked into the forest as usual (probably around 40 freshmen, 8 upperclassmen leaders and 4 teachers.) A few miles down the trail its starting to get a bit dark and they figure they'll hike for about 30 more minutes before setting up their various camps (they split everyone into groups to make it easier to meet people and more manageable for the leaders.) Around this time they pass a guy who looks as if he has been living in the forest for years (mid-40's, super overgrown beard, clothes are dirty and falling apart, seems to have a few screws loose, etc.) Naturally this is an off-putting sight but he passes the group and is quickly forgotten.
The next day one of the group leaders sees him again, pretty far away, as he's walking away from the group. This is somewhat peculiar, but it's not completely unheard of for there to be other people hiking out there. On the second night, the same leader heads away from the camp ground to brush her teeth and use the bathroom. As she is walking out into the forest with her headlamp on, she sees this same guy standing alone on the trail in the pitch black with no light. This time instead of walking away, he begins to usher her over.
Understandably she does not want to get much closer but he begins to walk toward her holding a letter, asking her if she can deliver it to one of her kids. He shows her a picture he's drawn that shows the location of all the camps they have set up as well as notations for which camps are loud, how late they stay up, and other really creepy shit that makes it clear that he's been watching these groups for the last two days. At this point she begins to freak the fuck out so she tells him to leave them alone or else she will call the police. Instead of complying, he keeps insisting that he NEEDS this letter to be delivered to one of the students. He explains that he is an ex-drug addict and that this is his last chance at redemption.
At this point this girl is about ready to book it to the camp site so she takes the letter and tells him to leave and that she will deliver it. Thankfully he walks away, and as soon as he is out of sight she sprints back to her tent, frantically tries to explain what just happened to her fellow leaders, and calls the police via satellite phone.
The police make their way out there fairly quickly, find this guy about a mile away from their camp ground and arrest him. They come to find out that he had a rifle, a handgun, rope and a bunch of empty prescription pill bottles with him. The letter he left with her explained that he needed a human sacrifice in order to get back with the grace of God and gave directions on where the recipient should meet him. Needless to say they headed back to campus three days ahead of schedule and the University opted to do the hike in a different location for my year.
captainsunshine
Frasier Superfan

Postby KTS_MikeO'Malley » Sun Jun 05, 2016 7:27 am

heywoodfloyd wrote:I've only had one genuinely creepy experience in my life, it might just have been a weird coincidence.

My father loaned his atv to my grandfather, he drove down a dirt road and somehow lost control.
He went into the ditch and broke his ribs, somehow he got the atv out of the ditch and was able to drive home, he then collapsed and was taken to the hospital.
A couple of days later his heart gave out and he died, he was so exhausted when he got home after the accident and later in the hospital, that he wasn't able to talk about what happend or where he crashed.
My father later went driving on the same dirt road and found the place where the accident took place, he saw some broken bushes in the ditch and paint from the atv left on some stones.

For some reason my father didn't get rid of the atv straight away, my brother had a dirt bike so we went out driving a couple of months later with some friends.
I was driving the same atv that was in the accident, on the same road.
After i while i noticed i was low om gas, so i turned around and went back alone, when i finaly ran out of gas i came to a stop on the exact same place in the road where my grandfather crashed.
I freaked out an ran the whole way home, i got this feeling that my grandfather tried to contact me from beyond the grave or something, anyway it felt like to much of a coincidence, the same atv, the same road on the exact place were my grandfather got into a fatal accident.

Sort of similar, my dead uncle has done things at my grandparents house while I've been there. He died of cancer quite a few years back. I used to stay down there and we'd hangout and do stuff like go to Six Flags. His morning rituals with or without work were always the same, even after he died. I used to sleep in the basement on the spare couch, every morning he would use the bathroom down there and get a shower. Since he died I've spent the night 10 times or so, and just after 5 am I'll hear him walking down the steps as well as noises from the bathroom.

At first it was kind of scary or strange. But then It didn't bother me and I would say hello and good morning.

He also stops all the clocks at his time of death(1:18) every year on the day he died.
KTS_MikeO'Malley

Postby mumbojumbo » Sun Jun 05, 2016 8:45 am

My mom passed away when I was younger, so my sister and my brother in law took me in. We lived in a 3 family house, but both the first and third floor were vacant at this time. The house had belonged to my brother in laws family for years. My brother in laws Babcia (polish forgrandma) had previously lived on the first floor, but had been moved to a home because of her age. On the night she passed away my brother in law woke up in the middle of the night and woke my sister up because he said he felt like there was someone else in the room. My sister got up and went to the bathroom, which was located directly next to the front door to the apartment. When she left the bathroom the front door was wide open and everyone was still in bed.

Another story is when I was in my early teens I had stopped at the house to pick something up, but I wasn't allowed to have people over unless my sister was there, so my friends just waited outside. When I came back outside my friends asked who lived on the first floor, and I told them it was vacant. They both had puzzled looks on the faces and told me they looked in one of the windows while they were waiting and saw an old woman sitting in a chair watching tv.
mumbojumbo

Postby cstocks89 » Sun Jun 05, 2016 11:22 am

KTS_MikeO'Malley wrote:
heywoodfloyd wrote:I've only had one genuinely creepy experience in my life, it might just have been a weird coincidence.

My father loaned his atv to my grandfather, he drove down a dirt road and somehow lost control.
He went into the ditch and broke his ribs, somehow he got the atv out of the ditch and was able to drive home, he then collapsed and was taken to the hospital.
A couple of days later his heart gave out and he died, he was so exhausted when he got home after the accident and later in the hospital, that he wasn't able to talk about what happend or where he crashed.
My father later went driving on the same dirt road and found the place where the accident took place, he saw some broken bushes in the ditch and paint from the atv left on some stones.

For some reason my father didn't get rid of the atv straight away, my brother had a dirt bike so we went out driving a couple of months later with some friends.
I was driving the same atv that was in the accident, on the same road.
After i while i noticed i was low om gas, so i turned around and went back alone, when i finaly ran out of gas i came to a stop on the exact same place in the road where my grandfather crashed.
I freaked out an ran the whole way home, i got this feeling that my grandfather tried to contact me from beyond the grave or something, anyway it felt like to much of a coincidence, the same atv, the same road on the exact place were my grandfather got into a fatal accident.

Sort of similar, my dead uncle has done things at my grandparents house while I've been there. He died of cancer quite a few years back. I used to stay down there and we'd hangout and do stuff like go to Six Flags. His morning rituals with or without work were always the same, even after he died. I used to sleep in the basement on the spare couch, every morning he would use the bathroom down there and get a shower. Since he died I've spent the night 10 times or so, and just after 5 am I'll hear him walking down the steps as well as noises from the bathroom.

At first it was kind of scary or strange. But then It didn't bother me and I would say hello and good morning.

He also stops all the clocks at his time of death(1:18) every year on the day he died.

this isnt creepy, but these stories reminded me of something.

My Uncle was like my best friend growing up. He never had kids, so all of his nieces and nephews were like his kids. He had a cottage on Lake Huron that everyone in my family went to constantly. Between my dad, myself, and my Uncle Chuck we must have watched the Big Lebowski 50 times. My uncle had a huge love for all things CCR.

So he passed when I was a Junior in highschool. The next summer, I was learning to drive up at the cottage(lots of empty roads to practice on) Just as we hit the turn for the cottage, "Looking out my Backdoor" comes in on the radio. I made it home without crying but as soon as I got into my bedroom at the cottage I burst into tears. It was like he was watching me. Obviously just a coincidence. But still.
cstocks89
righteous babe

Postby SomeTribe » Sun Jun 05, 2016 12:56 pm

I've been trying to get some stories. One of my girlfriend's childhood best friends had two grandparents who were sanctioned by the catholic church to perform exorcisms. They past away a while ago, but I know this girl's parents have some wild stories.
SomeTribe

Postby wakai » Thu Jun 09, 2016 2:15 am

spent the night at my friends new place a few weeks back and experienced what i think to be some paranormal shit for the first time in my life. so my friend just got this pretty kick ass, spacey trailer with his girl and invited me over for a chill sesh. we had a pretty good day, just me him and his girl chillin inside, playin video games, smoking/drinking for the most part with no issues, no bad vibes or anything like that. bedtime rolls around and they head to their bedroom, this is around 3 in the morning mind you. i wasnt sleepy so i decided to watch some tv before calling it. so im watching tv for around 45 minutes when i feel the couch start to shake, it wasnt like a super violent shaking, more of a subtle as if something was under it trying to get out, this was odd because i hadnt really noticed any shaking previously. after the shaking i start to get a strange vibe like somebody was watching me through the cracks in the blinds and felt a bit uneasy, i panic a bit like, is something physically shaking the couch or rocking the trailer? i get up and investigate, i notice that nothing else is really shaking, just some minor vibrations from the ac unit under the trailer.i peep under the couch, nothing there, when i sit back down the couch isnt shaking anymore, yet the ac is still on, creepy... so im still getting strange vibes and think somebody is watching me for the next few hours, the couch shaking is on and off and i chalk it up to being the ac unit and the bad vibes to my subconscience.. i more or less brushed it offand assumed the couch shaking was the A. the ac unit which was under the trailer, B. them getting it on in the other room or C. me being sleepy and a full day of ganja/alcohol consumption. i didnt mention anything to my friend or his girl about it the next morning and kept trying to rationalize things. a few days later me and my friend are talking about his place, he just got it bug bombed and all this random shit etc, somehow he mentions somebody was murdered in the house... when he mentions that every hair on my body stood up and he proceeds to tell me the cause of death and shit, the dude was apparently robbed and murdered, throat cut open in the living room in the same area i was sleeping. i told him what happened that night with the couch shaking and he freaked out a bit not believing me claiming to never experience anything out of the ordinary or a shaking couch.... he had no notion of me ever experiencing that until he told me about the murder. i asked him if he and his girl banged that night as of a way of rationalizing what happened and he says they didnt. ive never had anything like that happen to me before, looking back on it i really think i encountered something paranormal
wakai

Postby topo » Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:01 am

Reading through this thread at 2AM alone in your apartment is scary. :smt024

Postby lattice half full » Wed Jun 22, 2016 6:51 am

Guybrush Threepwood wrote:I had an interesting experience the other night/morning when I was staying over at my girlfriend's.

I could picture us sleeping together in the bed, but when asleep there was an interface between the 'real' world and another, supernatural world with completely different rules. And in that other world the bed was situated on a stone alter, the size of a queen or king bed, in the middle of a forest. Stunted aspen and maple.

And to that alter was a pathway cut through the forest, lined by trees, which featured bite marks from the gnashing of teeth and fangs of some kind of creature that would do me and my girlfriend harm. Not physical, but a spiritual, existential threat beyond reckonining. Except for my girlfriend's cat, who slept at my feet on top of the blanket and served as protection against these evil forces that would attack me. For we all know that cats live with feet planted firmly in both worlds.

I remember waking in that half-formed state between sleep and wakefulness thinking of how barzoic haywire it was that this little domestic cat was keeping us from imminent harm. I told my girlfriend about it later, and she laughed and gave me a hug. Told me it would make a nice children's story and that I should write it all out for kids. No threat. Something cute.

Except that I remember it not being innocent and benign, but something that seriously shook me to the core of my being. Yet I cannot communicate its horror. I feel like I have to go Lovecraftian on you to communicate how disturbing this dream felt.

Was it real? Was it a dream? Do I dare sleep?

Weird shit like this happens to me and usually turns into sleep paralysis. The other night, I could feel myself falling asleep and was in a weird lucid dream kind of state. I could see nothing but water and gigantic waves. I duck-dived under a wave and thought oh cool this is fun. I'm going to do whatever the fuck I want in this dream.

Then extreme, unexplained horror and panic overtook everything. I've had many bouts of sleep paralysis so thankfully I was able to recognize it as that. I tried waking myself. Alas, the process of dragging my brain out from the dream felt like I was physically falling off my bed and being lifted off of it simultaneously. The more awake I started to feel, the greater the sensation of falling. I couldn't snap out of it and had to come up with another plan.

As I'm trying to keep my heart rate down and not panic, this fat bald man with a snorkel appears in the middle of the wave that's about to crash over me. In any other context, he would have been comical. However, in that moment he was a "shark man" who wanted to crush my bones and eat my flesh while I drowned beneath the wave. Noped the fuck out of the dream REAL quick when I saw him.

Thought for sure I was going to wake up on the floor. Instead, I was safely in bed and REALLY had to pee, which is likely what spawned the dream in the first place.

Another time, I woke up completely unable to move but fully aware of a "happy birthday" balloon with bloody, mangled body parts dangling from it slowly bobbing up and down at the foot of my bed. My then boyfriend was in bed right next to me but the fear of the balloon was indescribable. Felt my heart rate and blood pressure sky rocket and realized it was sleep paralysis. Had to force myself to fall back asleep and wake up in order to get out of the paralyzed state. Rolled over and swung the heaviest arm at my ex to wake him up so he could shine a light and prove to me that the balloon was gone.
lattice half full

Postby captainsunshine » Wed Jun 22, 2016 5:17 pm

topo wrote:Reading through this thread at 2AM alone in your apartment is scary. :smt024

STILL been trying to get through that subreddit or whatever about creepy shit happening to people in seclusion and it makes me feel creeped out in a fun and oddly relaxing way before i fall asleep each night
captainsunshine
Frasier Superfan

Postby Alex Practice » Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:24 am

Saw this on reddit:

-------------------------------

"I dreamt of Hell"

When I came to, I was standing in a void with a thousand other people, all shoulder-to-shoulder with no room to breathe. The air was hot and stale. Nobody moved.

I took a deep breath and glanced around me. A cavernous ceiling encompassed us; a rocky ledge pressed up on our feet.

I stood on tiptoes to get a better view.

Wait... not a thousand people, more like a million. They went on for miles and miles on all sides. For several seconds, I could only stare.

I heard it before I saw it- the decomposing. A strange buzzing filled my ears as the people around me collapsed; moaning, groaning and foaming at the mouth. Eventually all that remained were the broken skulls, along with the flies and hornets crawling inside and out.

Back and forth. In and out.

I stood alone, nostalgic and lonely.

"Well, you made it."

I turned to face him. A bald head, Arabic beard. He was busy playing backgammon with an invisible opponent.

"Made it where?"

"To where do you think?" He picked up a white button and gently replaced it with a black one.

I felt something sink deep far inside me. My very soul turned dark and churned a bit, before settling out.

Fuck. Yeah, I knew where I was.

"You didn't believe in this place, did you?" he breathed, with the slightest of smiles.

"No sir." It was getting hotter.

He laughed. "You didn't want to believe, did you?"

"No sir. I didn't."

For the first time since waking up, I felt afraid. Terror began to sweep through my body like a wildfire. I was losing it. I fought to compose myself.

"You really had me fooled, you know. I was almost positive that none of this was real," I said shakily.

He smiled and nodded knowingly. I continued.

"They say the greatest trick you ever pulled was convincing the world that you don't exist."

The smile slowly faded. "No.. The greatest trick I ever pulled was convincing the world that there was an alternative."

I paused and shivered. "You mean... there is no God?"

The devil began to chuckle. His laughter increased in intensity until it deafened my ears. Then he spoke, and the boom crushed my thoughts into a thousand fragmented shards. The cavern walls shook; his words were roared beyond my comprehension- each syllable a meaningless cacophony.

I jerked awake, screaming and clutching at my ear drums. Just a dream, it was just a dream. Several minutes passed as I sat in my bed, breathing heavily and sweating profusely.

Then I heard again the devil's last words, this time softly whispered in my ear:

"I am God."
Alex Practice

Postby yaritza. » Thu Jun 23, 2016 8:59 pm

Guybrush Threepwood wrote:I had an interesting experience the other night/morning when I was staying over at my girlfriend's.

I could picture us sleeping together in the bed, but when asleep there was an interface between the 'real' world and another, supernatural world with completely different rules. And in that other world the bed was situated on a stone alter, the size of a queen or king bed, in the middle of a forest. Stunted aspen and maple.

And to that alter was a pathway cut through the forest, lined by trees, which featured bite marks from the gnashing of teeth and fangs of some kind of creature that would do me and my girlfriend harm. Not physical, but a spiritual, existential threat beyond reckonining. Except for my girlfriend's cat, who slept at my feet on top of the blanket and served as protection against these evil forces that would attack me. For we all know that cats live with feet planted firmly in both worlds.

I remember waking in that half-formed state between sleep and wakefulness thinking of how barzoic haywire it was that this little domestic cat was keeping us from imminent harm. I told my girlfriend about it later, and she laughed and gave me a hug. Told me it would make a nice children's story and that I should write it all out for kids. No threat. Something cute.

Except that I remember it not being innocent and benign, but something that seriously shook me to the core of my being. Yet I cannot communicate its horror. I feel like I have to go Lovecraftian on you to communicate how disturbing this dream felt.

Was it real? Was it a dream? Do I dare sleep?

You definitely tapped into how your cat sees himself/what your cat dreams about. whoa.
yaritza.

Postby Alex Practice » Thu Jun 23, 2016 9:26 pm

"I remember waking in that half-formed state between sleep and wakefulness thinking of how barzoic haywire"

FUCK! NO! THE IMMERSION!
Alex Practice

Postby clay_loudermilk » Wed Aug 17, 2016 7:23 am

In
clay_loudermilk

Postby I.Saved.Latin. » Wed Aug 17, 2016 2:49 pm

I.Saved.Latin.

Postby alchemist » Thu Aug 25, 2016 12:11 am

I.Saved.Latin. wrote:http://archive.is/No39z

Man thank you for posting this. Just a couple hours ago I was looking at creepypasta and trying to remember what this shit was called. I'll never forget some nerd on this board who took these way too seriously and was trying to do the "mirror ritual" or whatever and got really angry when we told him it was fiction.
alchemist

Postby j_dubz » Thu Aug 25, 2016 3:34 am

My security company has recently picked up an old abandoned psychiatric hospital for our nightly checks. Place creeps me the fuck out. Probably because I have an overactive imagination
j_dubz

Postby snacks on snacks » Thu Aug 25, 2016 5:54 am

Probably because the place is creepy as fuck, dawg. Go piss off some ghosts and report back.
snacks on snacks
smores on smores

Postby midnightmass » Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:15 am

just read a few of these and one of them is a straight ripoff of house of leaves

There is a house somewhere in China, built some time after the First Emperor had unified it. The house is built in treacherous terrain, and has not been seen by human eyes for some time. If you stay in the house, you'll notice something very strange. If you take measurements, you'll find that the inside of the house is larger than the outside. First it'll be a fraction of an inch, than an inch, then a foot, then a yard. There will be features from the inside that are impossible to find externally, like extra rooms and hallways. Going within these is safe, and you can see the outside, but strangely enough no one AT the outside can see you or the feature. Most people get out at this point, but their vision is forever altered; the world keeps distorting in dimensions and size in their eyes. Then there are those who choose to stay further, and have never been seen again. It is said that they occupy the parts of the building that only reveal themselves to those who stay longer
midnightmass

Postby BigSausagePizza » Sat Aug 27, 2016 12:54 pm

i have the weirdest boner right now to read this entire thread again. read it all a few years ago.
BigSausagePizza

Postby UnholyWarcry » Thu Sep 01, 2016 2:05 pm

midnightmass wrote:

just read a few of these and one of them is a straight ripoff of house of leaves

There is a house somewhere in China, built some time after the First Emperor had unified it. The house is built in treacherous terrain, and has not been seen by human eyes for some time. If you stay in the house, you'll notice something very strange. If you take measurements, you'll find that the inside of the house is larger than the outside. First it'll be a fraction of an inch, than an inch, then a foot, then a yard. There will be features from the inside that are impossible to find externally, like extra rooms and hallways. Going within these is safe, and you can see the outside, but strangely enough no one AT the outside can see you or the feature. Most people get out at this point, but their vision is forever altered; the world keeps distorting in dimensions and size in their eyes. Then there are those who choose to stay further, and have never been seen again. It is said that they occupy the parts of the building that only reveal themselves to those who stay longer

It rips off Dagon too

Somewhere in the Pacific Ocean is an island, surrounded by a swamp filled with the carcasses of fish and other, less recognizable things poking out of the mud. The mire extends as far as you can see. Every so often, the mud will dry enough under that you can walk on it; about a days travel from shore is a large mound, at the top of which is an immense canyon, the bottom of which cannot be seen, although if the moon is large enough you will be able to see the slope of the canyon, and eventually the bottom, which is covered by a strange body of water. Rising from the water is another monolith, covered in bas-reliefs.
UnholyWarcry

Postby KTS_MikeO'Malley » Mon Sep 05, 2016 3:49 pm

Alex Practice wrote:
Matt_D wrote:
kreaturemilk wrote:

Fake or not, this will always be one of my favorites. It looks like a selfie taken by a possessed ventriloquist dummy.

KTS_MikeO'Malley

Postby Hernik » Tue Sep 13, 2016 11:44 am

let's go
Hernik
eats faggot cum

Postby killedbydeath » Tue Sep 13, 2016 11:47 am

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/new ... -skyquake/

I witnessed this and was all alone and thought I was losing my mind. It was very confusing and rattling.
killedbydeath
good 'ol pancake tits

Postby killedbydeath » Tue Sep 13, 2016 5:38 pm

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local/S ... 73565.html

Actually this is what I heard... looked up wrong link. It lasted a few minutes and it was super loud, almost shaking the ground and you couldn't tell if it was coming from the sky, the buildings around me, off in the distance or the ground.
killedbydeath
good 'ol pancake tits

Postby KTS_MikeO'Malley » Wed Sep 14, 2016 6:11 am

The other night I was ready to go to sleep, I sleep with a fan on so I turned that on then turned the lights out. At first nothing was out of place, but then I faintly heard what sounded like a tv playing in the background. I was confused because everyone in my house was asleep. So with my eyes adjusted to the dark, I sat up, turned the fan off and listened. Nothing. Complete and total silence. I waited for a bit listening, then turned the fan back on and laid down again. In about 30 seconds I started hearing it again. So over the noise of my fan, I laid there trying to make out any details. It sounded like someone talking over an analog television, it was close but distant and fuzzy enough that I couldn't make out the words, but I couldn't tell it was a woman. One more time I sat up, I could still hear it. Turned the fan off, nothing but silence. So in turning the fan backstage on and laying down I plugged my ears with my fingers and laid there staring at the ceiling. With the lights out in my room, there's a very small amount of light from a street lamp that sneaks around the cracks of my covered window. So I can see the general outline and layout of my room, but not much else. As I lay there with my ears plugged, I fucking swear a gigantic black mass slowly worked its way across my room and covered my eyes and face. At this point I uncovered my ears, and now I couldn't see anything, but with my ears unplugged, whatever was around me was also blocking the sound and breeze from the fan. I just lay there with my eyes open as wide as I could get them, frozen in confusion-not sure what to do. Then it faded away and the tiny bit of light returned. No noises or anything weird and I soon fell asleep.

Has anyone else experienced anything similar to this ever?
KTS_MikeO'Malley

Postby taylorm » Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:55 pm

"Yo, retard girl..."
taylorm
¡yo quiero del taco!

Postby derrick » Tue Sep 20, 2016 5:50 pm

Anyone else listen to the sword and scale podcast? Not so much creepy per se, but a lot of really fucked up true crime stories.
derrick

Postby eddardstark » Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:38 pm

I've been listening to a lot of Horror fiction/faux-documentary style podcasts lately like Limetown, The Black Tapes and Small Town Horror. I also just blasted through all four seasons of We're Alive even though it's super lame at times.
eddardstark

Postby SomeTribe » Wed Sep 21, 2016 5:35 pm

When I was a kid, my brothers and I believed that if you took three mirrors and a flashlight you could see the past and what had interacted with the mirror. The idea was that you would reflect light from one mirror to the next and project images onto the wall.

Where did this come from? Did anyone else know a similar urban legend when they were young?
SomeTribe

Postby PiranhaSauna » Sat Oct 01, 2016 11:31 pm

So my girlfriend of about 8 months shared with me last night a creepy story from her childhood. We got on the topic of the devil briefly; I don't really remember why. She asked me if I believed in the devil. She told me that she did after an experience she had when she was 10. She said that her older sister and a friend were playing some sort of game, trying to conjure a devil or whatever. Some sort of childhood bloody mary type game. My gf said that she thought it was stupid and didn't believe and made the statement that "if you're real prove it" or something to that effect. My gf says that she never sleep walks and has never sleep walked (that she knows of) until that night. She said that she had what she felt to be a dream that night where she felt what she perceived to be a man though she couldn't see any physical description aside from them being about 5'10. The man grabbed her by her arms and guided her gently. My gf said the next thing she remembers is waking up, standing outside with her mom in the yard and her mom had woken her by patting her in the face. Her mom told her that she had woken her up and brought her outside and was pointing out into the yard saying "Look, do you see him? Do you see him?"
PiranhaSauna
doesn't understand the Bill of Rights

Postby vomitponx » Mon Oct 03, 2016 10:31 pm

^read that before i slept two nights ago and had a dream the devil was trying to make me piss myself while i was asleep by making me pee in a dream but i woke and up and said fuck you satan and took a piss in the restroom. also earlier that day an oldies song called he has the devil in his heart came on shuffle. some weird coincidences happening at the same time involving the devil
vomitponx

Postby youdonthink » Tue Oct 04, 2016 12:09 am

I've been thinking about a house I used to live in several years ago, and I think there was some supernaturally bad energy/spirit going on there. There are events that I've ignored and pushed in the back of mind because my living there coincided with a very low and depressing point in my life. But now I'm thinking that this may have happened for a more sinister reason than I imagined.

On the first week that I had moved in, I was up late one night, around 3am. I was on my computer and the song "I put a spell on you" started playing from the computer. I thought it was just an annoying pop up as I used to stream movies all the time from sites prone to that shit. But when I went to close the offending window, there werent any extra ones open. Right before I really began to feel uncomfortable, the song suddenly stopped. It was weird, but I thought my comp was just fucking up, or that I was tired and delirious, even though I was sober. Whatever.

That same month I had a friend over to visit my new place. She said she saw someone, a shadow-like figure, walk into the living room. I walked over to check...no one there. Weird.

I was in my last year as an undergrad, and I spiraled into a bleak depression. I started doing deplorable things that I think back and feel disgusted by. I also began having suicidal ideation.

One night during the first year, I turned off the light to go to sleep, and a loud buzzing began. I turned on the light and a golf ball sized, black insect of a type that I had never and have never since seen was flying around my room. I freaked out and froze for a few seconds. I eventually decided to try and kill it with a shoe. I struck it and watched it fall behind my bed. The buzzing stopped. I spent at least five minutes searching for it, but I never found it.

I felt undeniably oppressed and spent the last couple years there in a numb, drunken stupor, writing music and poetry, involving myself in a toxic relationship. My roommates were stagnant people. We were a household of voiceless, tired whispers and calls for help. I remember that on some nights the common, unlit areas looked darker than they should have. I remember cats peering into the windows. I remember the daily buzzing of a neighbor's chainsaw, tearing through a seemingly never ending project. I remember feeling like being in my room was being in another life. My window faced west, and the sun would blare in my eyes, warning me before dusk. The house also had an all denim couch and matching ottoman. Terrifying.

After I moved out, the horrible relationship ended shortly afterwards, and I began to feel like a weight had been lifted. I never contemplated suicide again. I actually saw myself in the mirror, and not the shell of some haunted, scared creature. So yeah, fuck that house. The rent was cheap though.
youdonthink

Postby rickybomb » Tue Oct 04, 2016 5:13 am

vomitponx wrote:^read that before i slept two nights ago and had a dream the devil was trying to make me piss myself while i was asleep by making me pee in a dream but i woke and up and said fuck you satan and took a piss in the restroom.

:smt005
rickybomb

PreviousNext